PDA

View Full Version : Daybreak Announces 2 TLP Servers

Grubbz
01-23-2019, 07:39 PM
https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-anniversary-producers-letter-january-2019

Coming march 2019, 1 hardcore server and 1 ultra casual server.

loramin
01-23-2019, 07:48 PM
I'll give them this: they know their audience, and they know how to milk as much cash as they can out of them as possible while going down on a sinking ship.

Phenyo
01-23-2019, 07:54 PM
over and over and over and over and over and over

Swish2
01-24-2019, 01:22 AM
So 1 ultra casual server and 1 hardcore server eh?

Which of those will they take the option to buy XP potions out of?

Also "hardcore" is a bit of a joke on DeyBreak servers - try "no twink" P99 if you want hardcore

Grubbz
01-24-2019, 01:45 AM
So 1 ultra casual server and 1 hardcore server eh?

Which of those will they take the option to buy XP potions out of?

Also "hardcore" is a bit of a joke on DeyBreak servers - try "no twink" P99 if you want hardcore

Yeah i'm assuming they will try to get as close to p99 as they can with this new "hardcore" server. Adding stuff like corpse runs and slow exp and disabling AoC's.

Foxplay
01-24-2019, 02:09 AM
I'll give them this: they know their audience, and they know how to milk as much cash as they can out of them as possible while going down on a sinking ship.

Yea pretty much.... I am just amazed that people still pay over and over for TLP servers

FatherSioux
01-24-2019, 06:45 PM
Yea pretty much.... I am just amazed that people still pay over and over for TLP servers

Says the guy playing here...

Evia
01-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Says the guy playing here...

He isnt paying?

Swish2
01-24-2019, 10:30 PM
I don't know why people put months of their lives into a character that's never getting logged in 18 months after the creation date.

mickmoranis
01-24-2019, 11:02 PM
I have never tried these daybreak progression servers, serious question: is it basically just locking out zones of the current version of EQ? like is the UI all the new version, are the environment and worlds all the updated zones with new models and textures?

or is it like old zones, old models, like project 1999 is? I dont know and always figured it is all the new stuff.

Like are all the spell effects the ugly new versions on these servers? and the orcs do they look all retarded and goblins and stuff?

Swish2
01-24-2019, 11:21 PM
I have never tried these daybreak progression servers, serious question: is it basically just locking out zones of the current version of EQ? like is the UI all the new version, are the environment and worlds all the updated zones with new models and textures?

or is it like old zones, old models, like project 1999 is? I dont know and always figured it is all the new stuff.

Like are all the spell effects the ugly new versions on these servers? and the orcs do they look all retarded and goblins and stuff?

Lazy ass minimal effort Daybreak barely lift a finger. Yep, just prevented from logging into certain zones...you have to deal with "new" Freeport on a classic timeline :o as well as Luclin models, target rings, compass. All the "came laters" are still in the UI.

They don't even remove the extra shit loot that has no use in a classic setting from mobs, its just a cash cow...but I think people find P99 from playing it so that's the one silver lining.

Grubbz
01-25-2019, 08:03 PM
Daybreak Announces PVP Server for EQ2

https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-20-years-producers-letter-january-2019

Evia
01-25-2019, 08:06 PM
Lazy ass minimal effort Daybreak barely lift a finger. Yep, just prevented from logging into certain zones...you have to deal with "new" Freeport on a classic timeline :o as well as Luclin models, target rings, compass. All the "came laters" are still in the UI.

They don't even remove the extra shit loot that has no use in a classic setting from mobs, its just a cash cow...but I think people find P99 from playing it so that's the one silver lining.

You are right except you can play with old models.

choppedandglued
01-26-2019, 06:47 PM
EQ 2 played nothing like EQ 1, it just had the lore. I would of been down for pvp back in the day before my friends finally talked me into playing wow. At it's time wow was better in almost every facet besides graphics. On the other hand you could play wow on just about anything so in reality, I wouldn't say graphics as a whole, but top ending the game maybe. They definitely had a better code.

Splade
02-01-2019, 12:27 AM
I loved playing on TLP but I refuse to play again until they fix the goddamn 2hs animation

Saludeen
02-01-2019, 11:48 AM
I don't know why people put months of their lives into a character that's never getting logged in 18 months after the creation date.

The same reason people put years of their lives into a character that's never getting logged into 1200 months after the creation date.