PDA

View Full Version : One Night Ultimate Speedrun: Qeynos to Freeport

Cen
01-22-2019, 12:35 AM
With the Qeynos to Freeport run on March 16th 20 Anni, I wanted to do a quick speed run of the route. 19:39 from ship touchdown to hail response from fisherlady.

https://youtu.be/eBc8niDOPbc

Max Selo's speed, but with Mistmoore drums. I blame the dark video on being human, and if its blurry on being a bard :D A few small slipups on trajectory and relanding selo's after an illusion to make things brighter.

Someone make a faster run ;D Make this a thing.

Jauna
01-22-2019, 12:51 AM
inb4 26 mod drums using diagonal running from sd card on lowest settings and lubed up modem

Nagoya
01-22-2019, 12:58 AM
lol your UI is so ugly mate ;)

for the run - i thought you were meaning to do a naked level 1 type of race tho, isn't it the case?

Cen
01-22-2019, 01:03 AM
lol your UI is so ugly mate ;)

for the run - i thought you were meaning to do a naked level 1 type of race tho, isn't it the case?

That is likely. Yes.

inb4 26 mod drums using diagonal running from sd card on lowest settings and lubed up modem

YES

Nagoya
01-22-2019, 01:06 AM
ok good - if not it would be very hard to manage "cheating" i think.

how much longer is the Southern route btw? through Innothule-Feerrott-Rathe etc.
as a level 1 i think it is slightly safer

Cen
01-22-2019, 01:10 AM
ok good - if not it would be very hard to manage "cheating" i think.

how much longer is the Southern route btw? through Innothule-Feerrott-Rathe etc.
as a level 1 i think it is slightly safer

Welp, I wasn't planning a race so much as a dangerous fun run. If its all level 1's lots of death in highpass mostly at the aggro gnoll bridge.

I don't know the southern route so well. I know in one direction its a very cool route for necros with levant, is all I know ;D

BTW what wrong with my UI? Its just default titanium with no modifications. What do people use? ;D

Foxplay
01-22-2019, 01:19 AM
Would probably defeat a lot of the ascetic appeal to the run but obvious statement is obvious.... doing it with levitate or Song of travel would be faster as you are bypassing going up and down small hilll's and running a more direct straight line over zones

Swish2
01-22-2019, 01:26 AM
Streets 112

Taer
01-22-2019, 02:13 AM
I would have thought EK - > Gorge->Runneye->MT->RV - > Kith would have been faster then the ramp, HHP, KITH

Foxplay
01-22-2019, 02:15 AM
I would have thought EK - > Gorge->Runneye->MT->RV - > Kith would have been faster then the ramp, HHP, KITH

possibly , but that route has more loading screens

Also maybe he selected the Highpass route for the more iconic / classic scenery?

Bardp1999
01-22-2019, 04:01 AM
Real men pass through HHP and pray for light in Kith (however if dark then you roll the dice anyways).

Lysander
01-22-2019, 11:04 AM
I hate to say the obvious, but you should have a light source like a greater lightstone or something in the beginning. When you switched to DE illusion in zones it was a lot better. In the beginning I'm surprised that you could even see where you were going.

The whole point is to enjoy the views and nostalgia, so I wouldn't doubt that the video would be even better if so.

I greatly enjoyed this video with the music--it was very well done. It makes me think about why we play video games and the performative aspect of them to be shared that seems to be more and more important from each day, rather than just a pursuit we know for ourselves.

Nagoya
01-22-2019, 11:21 AM
I use duxaui and couldn't imagine going back to vanilla :p
Also I split the text spam in at least two chat windows; one for people talking (say, group, ooc, guild, etc.) and another for everything else.
But you do you, I was just teasing :)

I will try to test the three routes see how different in length they are!

Cen
01-22-2019, 12:02 PM
I hate to say the obvious, but you should have a light source like a greater lightstone or something in the beginning. When you switched to DE illusion in zones it was a lot better. In the beginning I'm surprised that you could even see where you were going.

The whole point is to enjoy the views and nostalgia, so I wouldn't doubt that the video would be even better if so.

I greatly enjoyed this video with the music--it was very well done. It makes me think about why we play video games and the performative aspect of them to be shared that seems to be more and more important from each day, rather than just a pursuit we know for ourselves.

The funny thing is in game its bright then any video I make its really dark. I cant figure out why that happens :p

hillgiantchamp
01-22-2019, 12:14 PM
This is supposed to be a challenge for a level 1. Who cares about just watching a bard run? I dont get it

Lysander
01-22-2019, 12:40 PM
The funny thing is in game its bright then any video I make its really dark. I cant figure out why that happens :p

You probably have it that when EQ launches the gamma of the entire screen goes way up and gets super dark, so that it looks good in game, but if you tab out into a webpage its very faded and light. That change is only reflected in how it appears to you on the screen, because it's how the monitor displays it to you, not recorded in an image file. So it isn't reflected when you capture it in video. I turned my gamma way up while watching your video and it got better. (In reality I started EQ and just tabbed out to watch your video)

They way it shows in the video on Youtube, is I believe how it was supposed to look in classic, for races without infravision. I remember people walking blind into entire camps of monsters because they couldn't see. It's only now with turning up the gamma that everything is much easier.

Crookstinger
01-22-2019, 02:02 PM
Going through the Gorge is definitely faster.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2526880&postcount=29