PDA

View Full Version : to all the people

Jlpstrtkng
01-13-2019, 09:32 AM
Who have had trouble logging into blue server recently I have a question. what were the server population numbers looking like when you tried? I never had this problem until last night when it wouldn't let me login past the server selection screen. There were about 1700 people on which seemed like a lot by p1999 standards. I'm wondering if maybe this happens because the servers cannot handle past a certain amount of players. Anyone with knowledge want to drop in their two cents?

Kavious
01-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Not the reason

Bboboo
01-13-2019, 10:55 AM
If true, Red server must be super unstable then.

Swish2
01-13-2019, 11:22 AM
Try logging into red, the servers are hosted in the same place.

Feel free to make a character while you're there, Greater Faydark is the best starting area on the server <3

mccriddles
01-13-2019, 08:52 PM
Who have had trouble logging into blue server recently I have a question. what were the server population numbers looking like when you tried? I never had this problem until last night when it wouldn't let me login past the server selection screen. There were about 1700 people on which seemed like a lot by p1999 standards. I'm wondering if maybe this happens because the servers cannot handle past a certain amount of players. Anyone with knowledge want to drop in their two cents?

That might be a lot as of late but 1500-1700 was the norm for quite some time. Ive seen over 2k with no issues. Not sure what the logi. Issues are but i doubt its the pop

Solist
01-13-2019, 09:17 PM
it was taking a shit with 500 pop for about 45mins last night.

It aint pop dependent.

Wolfshead Sky
01-13-2019, 09:18 PM
I notice I have trouble if my own personal internet is bogged down for whatever reason. Downloads on Xbox especially can play havoc with my logging into p99. Lots of streaming (especially Hulu, I've noticed) can also cause issues. I'll get blank server selection screens, crash when zoning, etc. But if I make sure my network isn't being taxed too hard, all my problems vanish.

Ravager
01-13-2019, 09:31 PM
Crappy DSL can make you time out with the login server. I had that problem for years since it was the only service I could get where I lived at the time. I also find that running the game off a USB will make it flakey trying to login. In both cases, I did notice that it worked better in off peak times than peak times, for whatever reason I couldn't guess.

Jlpstrtkng
01-13-2019, 10:33 PM
Try logging into red, the servers are hosted in the same place.

Feel free to make a character while you're there, Greater Faydark is the best starting area on the server <3

I see what you’re doing here... Trying to get me there so you can murder me and take my cloth tunic and rusty short sword

Swish2
01-13-2019, 10:35 PM
I see what you’re doing here... Trying to get me there so you can murder me and take my cloth tunic and rusty short sword

There's level 60s in every city waiting for you to make a character so they can kill you... if you believe the stories on the forums.

Jlpstrtkng
01-13-2019, 10:45 PM
There's level 60s in every city waiting for you to make a character so they can kill you... if you believe the stories on the forums.

If I believed the stories on the forums I’d think there was more players in Kerra isle than the entire population of red

Ravager
01-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Don't have to believe the stories. Just look at the front page and see for yourself. There's more people in Greater Faydark right now than on Red.

Swish2
01-13-2019, 11:02 PM
Don't have to believe the stories. Just look at the front page and see for yourself. There's more people in Greater Faydark right now than on Red.

omg you're literally following me on the forums, take your hatred elsewhere please.

Menenolly
01-14-2019, 03:06 AM
I made a monk in Qeynos, progressed to level 3 in the newbie yard and was rooted by a fully geared druid who was just passing by. The druid kept me rooted for awhile then finally dispatched me and corpse camped me when I returned. So the stories may not happen to everyone but it happened to me.

Jlpstrtkng
01-14-2019, 10:33 AM
What a dick head lol