PDA

View Full Version : Back from a LONG vacation

Karynawow
01-12-2019, 10:42 PM
Hey all, i havent played p99 for probably 4+ years.
Decided i'd come back and say hi!
i'm looking to start a monk hearing that they are noob friendly, if anyone has any tips/advice feel free to help me out.

tkelly5
01-12-2019, 10:52 PM
If you go a monk, definitely go iksar. THe increased HP regen and natural AC boost are just too good to pass up. Plus, field of bone is a great starting area.

Gozuk
01-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Wb man. Monks are very strong and pretty versatile as well. Still a melee so gonna be more gear dependant that a few of the caster classes. Most go Iksar for regen but there are still those of us that prefer humans.

E-Queue
01-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Welcome back! If you're min/maxing, Iksar is the way to go for sure. I personally prefer human monks, but I'm a casual scrub currently running with a barbarian shaman (generally agreed to be the worst shaman race).

My best advice is to just dive in and start re-learning the game. It'll come back fast. Focus on smashing bears and save all the high quality pelts. People will pay 30pp a piece for them which will help you get a decent weapon and some how rings early on. Those will make a big difference starting out.

Enjoy!

Caball
01-14-2019, 07:54 PM
Don’t forget that AC bonus on Iksars as well, it’s huge! Also there is still a -20% exp penalty for Iksar a though so you will need more so to lvl, but Iksar master race bud don’t go against your leezard friends ;)

Naonak
01-15-2019, 06:40 AM
Welcome.. Iksar Monk bro, all the way