PDA

View Full Version : EverQuest but not EverQuest.

Jauna
01-07-2019, 03:20 AM
So I started playing Oblivion again.
Dark Elf
Warrior sign and Class
Str/end/willpower
Skills to focus on but not major skills because im not dumb this time around to get fucked by Oblivion's level scaling:
blade, heavy armor, restoration, alchemy, armorer and potatoe.

Do you do EverQuesty stuff in other games?

Mblake1981
01-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Yes, I have.

EQ has a bard class though, also dark elves have ultravision (when night mattered) and lizards have +100 swim skill. I could find a cloak from a named Pegasus to fly around (https://youtu.be/iJq0iXOwb9Y?t=22).

Teleport myself and others around to rings or spires. Stripping the RPG elements out makes me frown, being replaced by fast travel.

Gnomish Zeppelins?

Tnair
01-08-2019, 11:44 PM
EQ was like my proto-game, afterwards I kept trying to recreate my dark elf rogue in every other RPG that would let me get even close.

I spent a lot of time trying to make Skyrim dark elves less Neanderthal and more Neriak

Cecily
01-09-2019, 01:15 AM
I mean, honestly, no. I’ve always tried to leave EQ with EQ and the thought of branching a 20 year MMO out into other hobbies fills me with a profound sense of loathing for entertaining the thought. It’s not a good game. It’s a chat room with moving percentage bars you can whack from 100 to 0. It’s designed to be as additive as possible and I believe much of the game’s appeal can be attributed to gambling, not gaming, addiction which is enabled by a whole community of equally addicted shut ins eager to substitute each other for their lack of meaningful IRL relationships.

Mblake1981
01-09-2019, 07:36 AM
I mean, honestly, no. I’ve always tried to leave EQ with EQ and the thought of branching a 20 year MMO out into other hobbies fills me with a profound sense of loathing for entertaining the thought. It’s not a good game. It’s a chat room with moving percentage bars you can whack from 100 to 0. It’s designed to be as additive as possible and I believe much of the game’s appeal can be attributed to gambling, not gaming, addiction which is enabled by a whole community of equally addicted shut ins eager to substitute each other for their lack of meaningful IRL relationships.

hehe (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27E4Qfj7iEY)