PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter solo Goblin invis ring

Zonais
12-06-2018, 12:04 PM
Hello,

I have had my eye on this Goblin invis ring for a minute now and was wondering what the best way I can do these as an enchanter.

I am currently following direction from https://wiki.project1999.com/A_sarnak_courier.

However, I do not have any ae nuke abilities. What's the best way for me to effectively use their method of gathering mobs and killing them once I reach the proper level? Just use summoned pet once all gathered?

Thanks in advance

Castigate
12-06-2018, 12:18 PM
If you're high enough level to cast it, Zumaik's animation is pretty effective

snyder43
12-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Hello,

I have had my eye on this Goblin invis ring for a minute now and was wondering what the best way I can do these as an enchanter.

I am currently following direction from https://wiki.project1999.com/A_sarnak_courier.

However, I do not have any ae nuke abilities. What's the best way for me to effectively use their method of gathering mobs and killing them once I reach the proper level? Just use summoned pet once all gathered?

Thanks in advance

What level are you? There are many wandering mobs in the area that will agro you, even at higher levels. What level are you now?

joppykid
12-06-2018, 01:48 PM
What level are you? There are many wandering mobs in the area that will agro you, even at higher levels. What level are you now?

From his recent posts it looks like he just got Breeze a few days ago. So probably fairly low.

loramin
12-06-2018, 03:19 PM
There's a tension in EQ between leveling to where you can acquire loot, and wanting loot to help you level. The correct answer is almost always to focus on leveling first, but for certain key class-defining items (like the goblin ring for enchanters) it's not so simple.

I literally just did the ring a couple nights ago, and the long and the short of it is that you need two things for that camp. First, you need a good amount of consistent (ie. melee) damage, which means either being a melee character or having a (not charmed) pet. Second, you need a way to clear a bunch of mobs at once to get started (unless you're a bard/druid/wizard this will likely just mean running around and grabbing a bunch then beating them down one at a time).

If you're not high enough level you simply can't do the camp. But there are other options. For one thing, you can do a single spawn point (instead of the double spawn points mentioned in the wiki) with less melee damage, so if you're high enough you might be able to do that. Another possibility is to duo with a melee. And a third option is to do something else to earn plat, and earn enough to buy a ring (the treasure hunting guide link in my signature can probably help if you want to go that route).

The problem with any of those is that they'll take awhile, so you have to question "am I better off spending all that time to get the ring, or am I better off using self-cast invis to break charm until I get higher level?"

Xaeophi
12-06-2018, 03:32 PM
None of this sounds accurate at all.
1) I didn't get a goblin Gazughi ring til about lvl 50 and did it without any difficulty and in a small amount of time.
2 ) - If you dont want to gather all the mobs up. Just stand at the spawn location and wait til it paths back to around its spawn point. Kill all the random ones that spawn in the area til you see one spawn on that one specific loc.
3 ) After 108+ sarnak couriers later i did not have a ring to drop (30 hours neckbearding it)
4 ) - Time could be better spent leveling without it if youre below 40
5 ) - Time could be spent better farming other shit to just buy the ring.

Legidias
12-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Ive spent at least 20 hours trying to get a ring (using the double PH system) and have seen a few couriers, but no ring at all yet.

loramin
12-06-2018, 03:46 PM
1) I didn't get a goblin Gazughi ring til about lvl 50 and did it without any difficulty and in a small amount of time.

But it seems pretty clear OP isn't that high level.

2 ) - If you dont want to gather all the mobs up. Just stand at the spawn location and wait til it paths back to around its spawn point. Kill all the random ones that spawn in the area til you see one spawn on that one specific loc.

I'm honestly not even certain they all do path back, but even if they do it takes so long that it's much faster to just run around and kill all of the appropriate mobs.

3 ) After 108+ sarnak couriers later i did not have a ring to drop (30 hours neckbearding it)
Wow, that sucks. I've hard varying luck over the years, but when I did it the other night it was Sarnak Courier #4 who dropped my ring (after maybe 4-5 hours). The RNG is a bitch.

(Don't get jealous BTW; before that I spent 25+ hours on a camp for my Druid's epic that should have only taken an hour or two. Again, the RNG is a bitch).

Well, as I said, it's not that simple. OP just got Breeze, so let's say he's 16. Farming stuff at 16 will probably take forever, so let's say he levels up to 24 and starts farming (say) Shiny Brass Idols.
He'll need about 9 to make enough plat to buy the ring. To farm that many Shiny Brass Idols will take, I dunno, maybe 3 hours each? So 27 hours (maybe round up to 30 to account for EC Tunnel time).

By doing that, OP will have the ring from 24 to 50. That is going to save him a lot of XPing time. Will it be 30 hours worth? I'm not sure: does the ring save you about an hour a level on average?

And of course they could also just get to a level to where they could farm the ring, but who knows how long that would take? What I do know is, it's hardly clear cut that the most efficient plan is to wait until 50.

Ive spent at least 20 hours trying to get a ring (using the double PH system) and have seen a few couriers, but no ring at all yet.

This is the real kicker. Because the RNG is (as I said), "a bitch", the camp could take anywhere from 2 to 200 hours just based on your luck. That makes it extremely difficult to decide whether its worth spending the time to farm yourself, because no on can predict the RNG.

coki
12-06-2018, 04:10 PM
None of this sounds accurate at all.

exactly this ^^^

sometimes you might get a ring in 1 hour other times you can spend your entire p99 career and that camp and not get it

fastboy21
12-06-2018, 10:40 PM
the goblin camp can be a pita...i would skip it and buy the ring with money you make as you level.

to give you an idea, i have frequently camped the courier with my 60 necro...essentially flopped FD and using my pet to kill (I basically find a ph spot and tab/pet attack) takes zero effort other than not falling asleep...when I need a break I usually run the ph to the lake and root it while I stretch my legs to keep it from wandering off.

I average about 1 ring every 6 hours at the camp killing a single ph...it would be faster to keep two PHs down, but for such a long camp it would take considerably more effort for my play style. I have spent 15 hours there without a single ring...I have gotten two goblin rings in an hour --- the ring happens to not be lore. It is a huge RNG camp...if you get lucky you can do very well.

Bottom line: it isn't a fun camp. the market price of the ring compared to the time it takes to farm one makes it questionable if its a good use of time...it really depends on luck. the one ace about this camp is that it is very low level...anyone can hold it and camp themselves up some plat. If I were new to the server and I needed to make some plat to get rolling I would consider this camp a good starter.

There are more fun camps and more profitable camps...unless you actually derive satisfaction from farming your gear yourself (there are players that insist on this) I'd probably skip it.

Ivory
12-06-2018, 11:25 PM
There's a tension in EQ between leveling to where you can acquire loot, and wanting loot to help you level. The correct answer is almost always to focus on leveling first, but for certain key class-defining items (like the goblin ring for enchanters) it's not so simple.

No way. The most fun comes from getting loot that is your level or harder to get.

Sitting and camping a bunch of stuff green to you is why most people burn out....no sense of adventure, no danger...just mind numbing grinding as you go afk to do other stuff.

But setting out as lower level trying to do some quest? It is exciting!! Thrilling!! I remember my first character on the server...a young gnome cleric with dreams to be a great gnome paladin....set out at level 4 (before the level minimums before zones) to get a weapon worthy of a great warrior.

Ended up trying to get the cleric quest hammer from Sol Ro quest which sent me into Mistmoore. Then I had to get down into the pit and get the item and get back out again (I wasn't even sure if it was the right spot! or what would happen! I remember opening the doors to the jail and having a heart attack when there were monsters standing there and I thought they might be able to see me!).

And then even just trying to get 100pp to get the bar for the quest! and all the other challenges! Everything becomes a great adventure, even the smallest stuff.

None of that is possible if you just over-level sitting in EXP groups and THEN go back and try to pick up stuff.

ScottBerta
12-07-2018, 02:00 AM
Just exp at cash camps like sol a (25ish), hill giants (40ish) and you can make the PP quick.

wagorf
12-07-2018, 02:09 AM
ring is not a must nor is it a game changer

i leveled to 60 without one and i use charm pet/break pet all the time, even today when 6k is nothing to me i am still not buying one

if you insist on getting one, u'd better off spend the time leveling or farming other camps. the time spent to camp ring does not justify its usefulness nor its value of 6k

Swish2
12-07-2018, 02:29 AM
Be an elf taxi and make plat that way ^^

Ion Blaze
12-07-2018, 05:51 AM
I've gotten a total of 3 rings so far. First 2 rings were back to back within 2-3 hours of camping. Sold both of them, then I really needed to get another one to charm kite some Velious camps for exp and cash. Third ring took 30+ hours to get. I really wouldn't do the 2 spawn camp until you are around your 40s. The ring is definitely a game changer. though I use it to bard charm kite effectively without worrying if my charmed pet's health gets too low. Allows me to instabreak charm when mob is around 10% where I just finish it off from there.

Jimjam
12-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Levelled a Mage 12-24 on this ph. (Started with a farm group, finished solo).

Got first ring just before dinging 25.

Amusingly got a second ring shortly after running thru the zone on the way to help a monk epic fight!

Both ends of the spectrum there.

loramin
12-07-2018, 12:31 PM
No way. The most fun comes from getting loot that is your level or harder to get.

Sitting and camping a bunch of stuff green to you is why most people burn out....no sense of adventure, no danger...just mind numbing grinding as you go afk to do other stuff.

But setting out as lower level trying to do some quest? It is exciting!! Thrilling!! I remember my first character on the server...a young gnome cleric with dreams to be a great gnome paladin....set out at level 4 (before the level minimums before zones) to get a weapon worthy of a great warrior.

Ended up trying to get the cleric quest hammer from Sol Ro quest which sent me into Mistmoore. Then I had to get down into the pit and get the item and get back out again (I wasn't even sure if it was the right spot! or what would happen! I remember opening the doors to the jail and having a heart attack when there were monsters standing there and I thought they might be able to see me!).

And then even just trying to get 100pp to get the bar for the quest! and all the other challenges! Everything becomes a great adventure, even the smallest stuff.

None of that is possible if you just over-level sitting in EXP groups and THEN go back and try to pick up stuff.

Sorry, you are absolutely correct. These conversations tend to have an implicit "what's the fastest way to get to 60 with the gear I want?" behind them. I was going with that, but what I really should have said instead of "the correct answer" was "the correct answer (in terms of efficiency)".

Because again, you are absolutely right: while some people certainly care about it, EQ is not just about being efficient

coki
12-07-2018, 09:05 PM
I've done multiple 6-12 hours sessions (at the double spawn) without seeing a ring recently ish , but the very first time I did the camp I got 1 ring in like 1 hour or less, so I keep coming back to only be very disappointed and frustrated.. sigh

Crawdad
12-09-2018, 12:29 AM
Hello,

Thanks in advance

I camped several goblin rings with my enchanter at 29, and have sold about a dozen rings over the years. Its a terrible camp, but any pet class can do it at 29 easily.

Get a SoW and run around the ruins, aggroing all the PHs with a smack. Take them to spawn points and let your pet kill them all. If you only find one PH, root it and continue running around gathering mobs and repeat. Once you get the PHs respawning, sit down next to one of the spawns to get aggro and use lowest level tash to aggro the second spawn when it pops. Keep your pet hasted and med the rest of the time.

Its an awful camp so be prepared for pain. The best advice I can give you is to do it in 2-3 hour sessions max. Watching two spawn 30 second spawn points for too long will crush your soul.

sonorus
12-11-2018, 05:07 PM
well, I'm on courier number 87 and 35 hours in, no luck yet

loramin
12-11-2018, 05:13 PM

https://i.imgur.com/X5tD7M5.gif

Jimjam
12-11-2018, 05:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/X5tD7M5.gif

I'm going on a limb to say it's a 1% drop.

kuuky
12-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Hire Boutik to farm one for you. Hes got plenty of time on his hands apparently.

sonorus
12-12-2018, 01:17 PM
I quit last night, 40 hours invested. On Courier 103. 3 other people got one yesterday. 2 of them had only been there about 2 hours. So unfair...

loramin
12-12-2018, 01:20 PM
I quit last night, 40 hours invested. On Courier 103. 3 other people got one yesterday. 2 of them had only been there about 2 hours. So unfair...

Welcome to Classic EverQuest(tm). Now get back out there: you know Courier #104 has your ring ;)

sonorus
12-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Always just one more huh?

Frug
12-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Level a porter, save up and buy it.

kjs86z
12-13-2018, 04:13 PM

so what kind of drugs are ya (ab)using?

sonorus
12-14-2018, 01:56 AM
Not in one sitting lol, that was on day 4. I’m now over 150 couriers. I quit counting now.

Kindred_Redline
12-17-2018, 12:38 PM
Camped my first one at 35, camping solo spots out in the field. Got my 2nd one to sell around lvl 45 when I could take on the 2 spawn with no issues, got a 3rd and 4th around lvl 50, one at 2 spawn and 1 out in the field. Average farm time ~6 hours per ring. I got super lucky with the first one, the others just take dedication. Last couple 4-5 hour sessions I spent there I left empty handed :(

UnHoLyPoWeR
12-17-2018, 01:18 PM
I have farmed a couple rings on my enchanter, I did 2-3 hour sessions at a time and 9 outta 10 times you aren't gonna get the ring, but eventually you will and at least that way you don't get burned out or get as pissed.

First one I got from the double spawn, Second one was the single spot by the pillars.

Content is too easy at earlier levels to require the ring in my opinion as you don't need as many spells up taking up spots so having invisibility up shouldn't be a problem, you should farm it at Level 50+ as I see it.

I think a lot of this information as already been posted by others but I'll state this in case it wasn't or even just to reinforce.

Easy way for me the Second Time was real lazy at one of the single spawns, summoned Zumaik's Animation, the Level 55 one, dual wields out the gate, haste it of course, you use Zerk spell and sit in Troll Form, mobs will aggro and hit you then pet will kill, you have to refresh Zerk every few mins but you can otherwise watch Netflix and barely pay attention. I think it took me 5 or 6 2-hour sessions to get it.

One caveat or problem I had was the tigers don't aggro even if I was sitting, at least at Level 57, so you gotta tag them but otherwise the camp is just a timesink while you catch up on your favorite show :cool: Your welcome :p