PDA

View Full Version : Staff Changes

Rogean
12-03-2018, 02:02 AM
This has been an interesting week for Project 1999, to say the least. I didn't anticipate having to deal with this on top of an 85 Hour work week, so please excuse the delays.

As most of you have seen, Sirken had his Forum account switched away from Staff, among other precautionary measures we took after some evidence was brought to light regarding certain actions. I never take action against staff without first verifying the authenticity of such claims. At first glance, at least one of the items did correlate with commands that were run within the game. All of this happened while I was at a customer site at work, but given what I had immediately found and with a quick phone call to Nilbog, we decided to take preliminary action until the rest could be investigated and we could speak with Sirken.

Having now had the time to look a little further into the claims, as well as speak with Sirken, it appears that only one incident has turned out to have happened. This is in relation to Spawn Timers. The rest of the claims against him were either false (Giving items away) or opinionated (Favoring Guilds). Note that a screenshot of a conversation regarding the former has a hint of sarcasm in it, and we confirmed via command logs that those items were not summoned for the player in question. Additionally I also spoke to the player who took those screenshots, and they confirmed they did not receive those items.

Sirken has a long tenure with Project 1999. He has been a CSR member here for 7 years. As you can see by many of the responses in various sections and websites of our community, there is a mixed response to what most have assumed is his complete removal from staff. Some are sad to see him go, while others are happy. Every CSR in our history has had enemies, it's a nature of the job. Part of a CSR's responsibilities is to take disciplinary action against rule breakers, and mediate disputes where not every player is going to come out a winner. As someone who's been here for so long and handled much to do with the raid scene, Sirken has many enemies, but also many friends. He's done a lot of good work for this project, and that is something we weigh into any decision we make.

Everyone makes mistakes, or has occasional lapses in judgement, especially under particular circumstances when it comes to people that are known to us. This is why we have rules on the books that any CSR member should pass off decisions related to anyone they know personally to another member. CSR members are expected to bring a neutral mindset to every situation they come across. But we are a staff of volunteers, and once in a while mistakes are made. We handle these mistakes, taking a number of factors into consideration such as the impact, seniority, intentions, repetitive likelihood, and more, and then we make a decision to move forward. Most of these situations are done internally, and the community never knows about them. Some of them are partly uncovered later, sometimes even months or years. Just because this situation was exploded into a community event doesn't mean we need to treat the outcome any different.

But that doesn't mean our intention is to play it down. The offense here is a serious one, and puts doubt on moving forward with the way things were. The information that was shared is a disruption to the competitiveness of the raid scene, and a violation of important confidential policies that the staff must follow. Even though the raid scene has never been this server's strongest representation, nilbog and I still take the integrity of any aspect very seriously.

On the other hand, Sirken has given a lot of time to this project, and wishes to continue doing so. A change is needed, but nilbog and I believe that a complete removal is not the correct course of action for one mistake and a bunch of unhappy raiders (Let's be honest, when has this server ever had a GM that the raiders were happy with). There are plenty of ways that Sirken can continue to be an important part of this project and staff. We will be moving him into a different CSR position away from GM, where he will no longer have access to spawn data and item creation, but still able to contribute and assist players as he always has.

This currently leaves questions for what happens to various responsibilities, including raid disputes. For the time, please continue following the same raid rules until we have had a chance to address what changes are needed. We are considering a few things, including more than one person having a final say on raid disputes (Raid Dispute Committee? Triad?), evaluating and replacing raid rules, and possibly even a return to the Class system from Kunark. We will be bringing more guides on soon to help with all of this. DO NOT think that the raid scene has suddenly become a free-for-all. If I have to start watching raid spawns myself, I WILL come down hard on the guild I catch being dumb. It won't matter who did it before or who got away with it. What WILL matter is the guild I catch to make an example of. DON'T be that guild.

Regarding any past disciplinary actions, this event does not change the reasons or outcome of those decisions. I don't want to see an influx of ban appeals for people who were legitimately disciplined for breaking rules. With that said, some of the bans specific to forum rule violations, or violations relating to staff bashing in the past, may have resulted in harsher punishments for first offense than intended. We will evaluate those situations on a case by case basis. But don't get me wrong - If you are toxic to my staff, I personally believe you don't have a place here. That includes passive aggressive public comments as well (I happen to think those are worse).

I would also like to address the method that this situation came to be. Personally, I'm quite pissed off that I have to find out things like this from a post on an external website. As if nobody actually thought to themself, hmm I think it would be a good idea for Rogean or Nilbog to take a look at these screenshots. For 2 years it was sit on, and instead of coming to us at any point, I stumble across them on an offsite thread. The method to report such behavior is and always has been a Forum PM to myself and/or nilbog. Do not send it on a communication medium that I haven't used for over a year, and don't bury it within a 50 page essay of all the other opinionated circumstantial disputes as if it's some surprise at the end. There's a distinctive difference between opinionated disputes ("Soandso ruled against my guild and is only banning my players") and definitive evidence of a misuse of access ("Here's proof Soandso gave away information and summoned Prismatic Weapons for someone"). The latter needs to be reported immediately and unfiltered. I don't ever want to hear that someone didn't report a serious breach of policy because "We reported raid dispute favoritism and nothing was done, why would you do something about this". I've made a lot of changes over the years to keep staff members accountable to each other, including command logs viewable on Discord for all Senior+ Guides (Even my own commands, you can see an example here (https://i.imgur.com/hwiYsTJ.png)). Commands alone sometimes do not show us the true intention, and for that we will always rely on the community to report suspicious behavior.

Thanks everyone.

matticas
12-03-2018, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the update and all the work you're putting into this. It's encouraging to hear some of the harsher player bans will get another look.

angfonz
12-03-2018, 03:02 AM
Can you please be specific about what role Sirken will have from this point forward?

elwing
12-03-2018, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the clarification!

Farewell Sirken for all your hardwork!

Arkanjil
12-03-2018, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the update Rogean :)

Tethler
12-03-2018, 03:33 AM
Can you please be specific about what role Sirken will have from this point forward?

Someone dedicated to community events or planning custom content would be cool. IDK if that's something Sirken would be interested in though.

Artaenc
12-03-2018, 03:43 AM
Ahh finally no more suspense, thanks for the update Rogean.

Windzor
12-03-2018, 03:49 AM
This seems to me to be a measured response, which seems appropriate. Thanks Rogean.
Sirken has always treated me fairly and honestly - and has served the community well over the past years with hundreds if not thousands of hours of his labor and attention dedicated to our little internet sandbox. He is certainly an asset to P99 in whatever CSR role y'all find for him.

Swish2
12-03-2018, 03:59 AM
Tryredserver (human monk) would sometimes appear on Sirken's stream waving repeatedly to the camera, and he'd lock me in the NFP bank behind the bankers or send me to Tox Forest or some far off place, and I'd die and reappear on the stream again 5 minutes later. I think he knew it was me but there'd always be some entertainment in it.

There was a fun side to him, I wish I'd known it better...and thank you for acknowledging my group was trained during that famous Chardok AOE incident. I was streaming it at the time so there was an audience :p

Good luck in whatever role you're in now Sirken...and thanks for the update ^^

Brocode
12-03-2018, 05:25 AM
Thanks, about raid scene, 2 quakes were doing great to avoid monopolization, windows spread just make easier for the dominating guild catch them all(mobs)

Bbeta
12-03-2018, 06:05 AM
Thank you for the update. I agree that anyone who loves the server deserves second chances and the ability to play or help give back. Sirken loved the server and so do I. This post gives me hope that second chances and communication are possible here.

Long live Project 1999

Jimjam
12-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Good to hear Sirken is still keen to be and will continue to be involved in the project.

My sympathies to the agent if he has been sent to do penance in that circle of hell known only as 'ip exception requests'.

1203jjt
12-03-2018, 08:26 AM
My sympathies to the agent if he has been sent to do penance in that circle of hell known only as 'ip exception requests'.

That sounds pretty fitting haha...

Thanks for the update and clarification Rogean. :)

Fragged
12-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Heya Rogean.

Thank you very much for your time, and giving us a place to have fun day after day, year after year.

I think the reason that people didn't bring this up with staff is that they were simply afraid. People didn't know how deep the rabbit hole went and thus chose to tread with caution.

In regards to some of the forum bans. Please take into account that some of the comments were made by people who are simply passionate about this project. They felt unjustly treated (timers given to the opposition and so on) and felt powerless to do anything about it and thus started to vent some of their frustrations in an unproductive maner.

There have been some very good people banned like Naethyn and Aalpha/Bbeta, and I am very happy to read that you guys will be looking into things.

Again. Thank you very much for your time and thank you very much for letting us all know whats going on.

<3

Nexii
12-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Seems that I have some minor story retconning to do. Redemption arc might be a thing though I've kinda moved on.

aaezil
12-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Soo basically people made up a bunch of fake allegations and only 1 was true? What a bunch of scumbags whoever did that.

Legday
12-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Regarding any past disciplinary actions, this event does not change the reasons or outcome of those decisions. I don't want to see an influx of ban appeals for people who were legitimately disciplined for breaking rules. With that said, some of the bans specific to forum rule violations, or violations relating to staff bashing in the past, may have resulted in harsher punishments for first offense than intended. We will evaluate those situations on a case by case basis. But don't get me wrong - If you are toxic to my staff, I personally believe you don't have a place here. That includes passive aggressive public comments as well (I happen to think those are worse)

Thanks Rogean for the response and props for this bit in particular.

Rang
12-03-2018, 10:20 AM
King in the north!

Triangle
12-03-2018, 12:32 PM
First comment re this issue, although I have been following it. First, just commenting that I think this was generally well handled, and thank you to Rogean and Nilbog.

However, with the more serious allegations having been shown to be false (and, indeed, defamatory - the person who made this shit up, if known, should be perma-banned), the punishment is too harsh.

Not that my opinion has any weight, but I would suggest there be no demotion. Instead, there should be a second person, or third, if two good people can be found, with equal authority. This will take some of the pressure off Sirken and will make it less likely that any one of those three will abuse his or her authority.

I haven't raided in awhile, but I am aware that there are player made agreements that GMs are occasionally required to enforce. Yet, I do not know if the below suggested rules are already in place, so ignore them if they are.

There should be a tiered system of punishment when a GM has to be involved:

1) increasing levels of punishment for violations of the player made agreement;

2) increasing levels of punishment for petitions of conduct that was not in violation of the player made agreement and the petitioner knew or reasonably should have known that the conduct was not in violation of the agreement; and

3) increasing levels of punishment for threats to petition conduct that was not in violation of the player made agreement and the threat maker knew or reasonably should have known that the conduct was not in violation of the agreement (this is important - scaring guilds into conceding when they did nothing wrong should be punished, thereby making it less likely such threats will occur).

Ideally, with those rules in place, the GMs will have to deal with far less petitions and the petition system, at least for raid conduct, will be used cautiously.

loramin
12-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Thank you Rogean for the update. I'm sure I can speak for the server and say that everyone appreciates your transparency and willingness to communicate with us (despite having no obligation to do so).

Personally, I'm quite pissed off that I have to find out things like this from a post on an external website. As if nobody actually thought to themself, hmm I think it would be a good idea for Rogean or Nilbog to take a look at these screenshots.

With all due respect, I think you should be pissed at them for making up false charges, not posting information elsewhere.

Sirken was the head GM. Just as a general rule, making no comment about Project 1999 whatsoever, when something affects someone so high on the "org chart" in any organization, I don't think a reasonable person would trust official channels.

P.S. Did you just get that new avatar? I feel like you had the old Peter Griffin one forever.

Oleris
12-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Welcome back Sirken.

Artaenc
12-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Heya Rogean.

Thank you very much for your time, and giving us a place to have fun day after day, year after year.

I think the reason that people didn't bring this up with staff is that they were simply afraid. People didn't know how deep the rabbit hole went and thus chose to tread with caution.

In regards to some of the forum bans. Please take into account that some of the comments were made by people who are simply passionate about this project. They felt unjustly treated (timers given to the opposition and so on) and felt powerless to do anything about it and thus started to vent some of their frustrations in an unproductive maner.

There have been some very good people banned like Naethyn and Aalpha/Bbeta, and I am very happy to read that you guys will be looking into things.

Again. Thank you very much for your time and thank you very much for letting us all know whats going on.

<3It will take a while to go back and take a second look at things, I really like the possible future tri GM setup so that there is more people that can analyze events and more checks and balances. Sirken must have been extremely overwhelmed with all the tasks, all my encounters with Sirken have always been fair and positive. I'm sure there are hundreds of things that deserves a second look. One of those things that I keep thinking about is when Alarti was trying to cross Kael for the first time when velious came out and was just legitimately trying to get to WL and accidentally did something with Tormax when it was getting pulled to a zone by a guild and got banned. Alarti is one of those people that we shouldn't lose in the community because of something like that. I don't think he's toxic at all but that's my two copper pieces.

If you guys truly care about this server go donate some cash to help keep the lights on. Don't be one of those guys that take everything and give nothing back.

Triangle
12-03-2018, 12:48 PM
It will take a while to go back and take a second look at things, I really like the possible future tri GM setup so that there is more people that can analyze events and more checks and balances. Sirken must have been extremely overwhelmed with all the tasks, all my encounters with Sirken have always been fair and positive. I'm sure there are hundreds of things that deserves a second look. One of those things that I keep thinking about is when Alarti was trying to cross Kael for the first time when velious came out and was just legitimately trying to get to WL and accidentally did something with Tormax when it was getting pulled to a zone by a guild and got banned. Alarti is one of those people that we shouldn't lose in the community because of something like that. I don't think he's toxic at all but that's my two copper pieces.

If you guys truly care about this server go donate some cash to help keep the lights on. Don't be one of those guys that take everything and give nothing back.

This can't be a serious post. Alarti was one of the more toxic members. Total dbag. Of all the examples you could have chosen, you pick Alarti? LOL

P.S.: give my best to our girl <3

Jimjam
12-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Alarti was one of the more toxic members.

Prove it.

Interestingly his name was also Greek for 'salt'.

Sonderbeast
12-03-2018, 12:55 PM
I would also like to address the method that this situation came to be. Personally, I'm quite pissed off that I have to find out things like this from a post on an external website. As if nobody actually thought to themself, hmm I think it would be a good idea for Rogean or Nilbog to take a look at these screenshots. For 2 years it was sit on, and instead of coming to us at any point, I stumble across them on an offsite thread. The method to report such behavior is and always has been a Forum PM to myself and/or nilbog. Do not send it on a communication medium that I haven't used for over a year, and don't bury it within a 50 page essay of all the other opinionated circumstantial disputes as if it's some surprise at the end. There's a distinctive difference between opinionated disputes ("Soandso ruled against my guild and is only banning my players") and definitive evidence of a misuse of access ("Here's proof Soandso gave away information and summoned Prismatic Weapons for someone"). The latter needs to be reported immediately and unfiltered. I don't ever want to hear that someone didn't report a serious breach of policy because "We reported raid dispute favoritism and nothing was done, why would you do something about this". I've made a lot of changes over the years to keep staff members accountable to each other, including command logs viewable on Discord for all Senior+ Guides (Even my own commands, you can see an example here (https://i.imgur.com/hwiYsTJ.png)). Commands alone sometimes do not show us the true intention, and for that we will always rely on the community to report suspicious behavior.

Let me preface this that I genuinely am responding in a spirit of constructive criticism in order to help you see our (the players) perspective.

When you say that you are 'pissed' that you found this from an external website and that no one notified you about it, I don't really think anyone thought you would care, and that the result of doing so would be a perma-ban. Consider the atmosphere players have been under for the past six months to a year.

Awakened was banned for two months (more? it was a really long time) which lead to its death. Shortly after that, Core was banned for another significant portion of time (2 months? 3?). I watched as related forum accounts were banned for negligible reasons, like expressing opinions or frustrations over decisions made - not 'bashing staff'.

I'm a part of neither party above, but I can tell you that this sort of thing creates fear. Even players who 'should have nothing to fear' are afraid of saying GM's names because the heavy handed approach has made you into boogeymen - even though a majority of us have no beef with GM's and appreciate you. We're afraid of getting years of playtime and effort erased in a sweeping ban because someone 'bashed the staff'.

When GM's are set up precedent to be de-facto infallible, you can't blame us (all players) for being afraid to bring even a legitimate criticism of a staff member, especially with such a Senior Guide who has done so much and who has invested so much time into this server. I hope that you can see from our (or maybe just primarily my) perspective that keeping our accounts are more important to us than a GM bending the rules a bit.

btw hi Llandris <3

isiah
12-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Heya Rogean.

<3

+1.

Good post, Aikons.

dussle27
12-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Core members on suicide watch.

Come on over to Red Boys, the water's fine.

Lanzellot
12-03-2018, 01:18 PM
WB Sirken !:)

Menden
12-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Let me preface this that I genuinely am responding in a spirit of constructive criticism in order to help you see our (the players) perspective.

When you say that you are 'pissed' that you found this from an external website and that no one notified you about it, I don't really think anyone thought you would care, and that the result of doing so would be a perma-ban. Consider the atmosphere players have been under for the past six months to a year.

My personal opinion is, when you have evidence that one of us is corrupt or made a bad call, it's only fair to give the Senior Staff a chance to handle it. If for some reason you don't get a response within a couple weeks, do what you will but at least give them a chance. The other thing is, unless you PM us some vulgar obscenity, I can't see you getting banned or suspended. There has been many, many players that have tested my patience that I could of easily justified a suspension, and I know other staff have been in the same situation. In our roles there's accusations of favoritism every god damn day... there's so much you guys don't see. I didn't learn about true crazy till I started volunteering to help run this server. If Rogean would let me, I'd love to have a forum dedicated to "crazies" posts. Much like Maddox's hate mail, so good.

I deal with camp disputes every day, but those on such a small scale that people calm down after a couple hours or I give them a 12 hour break to chill out and I never hear anything about it after. Raid petitions suck because it affects so many people so the hate machine can grow much faster.

Just give management a chance to deal with situations, I'm just trying to show you these accusations are daily. But you must have evidence of some kind.

Awakened was banned for two months (more? it was a really long time) which lead to its death. Shortly after that, Core was banned for another significant portion of time (2 months? 3?). I watched as related forum accounts were banned for negligible reasons, like expressing opinions or frustrations over decisions made - not 'bashing staff'.

There's a few petitions in our queue about these flagged for Rogean. It's his place to review the evidence and decide what to do case by case. As he stated he's working 85 hour weeks right now, so it'll take time. We have also had a flux of players thinking this is an opportunity to try getting unbanned/suspended for completely unrelated stuff, stop it.

<3

Comoc1
12-03-2018, 01:38 PM
Thank you for the detailed update Roegan.

Please pardon all offending forum posters who have been banned, filed under time served!

#FreeAalpha/Bbeta
#FreeNaethtyn

tesaria
12-03-2018, 01:42 PM
The other thing is, unless you PM us some vulgar obscenity, I can't see you getting banned or suspended. There has been many, many players that have tested my patience that I could of easily justified a suspension, and I know other staff have been in the same situation.

Perma banned by Sirken for sending him a Private message that would not even break forum ToS tho =/

Sonderbeast
12-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Thanks for responding Menden.

Believe me, I've been around some of these crazies and interact with some of them quite often for amusement, so I can imagine what gets sent to CSR. I do not envy your job.

Again, I don't mean to say that Staff is unapproachable in reality but that the perception has been such. I'm glad this whole situation is finally being resolved.

Tupakk
12-03-2018, 02:32 PM

I'm a part of neither party above, but I can tell you that this sort of thing creates fear. Even players who 'should have nothing to fear' are afraid of saying GM's names because the heavy handed approach has made you into boogeymen - even though a majority of us have no beef with GM's and appreciate you. We're afraid of getting years of playtime and effort erased in a sweeping ban because someone 'bashed the staff'.

When GM's are set up precedent to be de-facto infallible, you can't blame us (all players) for being afraid to bring even a legitimate criticism of a staff member, especially with such a Senior Guide who has done so much and who has invested so much time into this server. I hope that you can see from our (or maybe just primarily my) perspective that keeping our accounts are more important to us than a GM bending the rules a bit.

btw hi Llandris <3

Unfortunately I also agree with this. I watched alot of things on the forums disappear as well as people up and dropped for simply voicing their opinions, in a place where other people were doing the same.

So I can see why people would be very miffed to not openly post the Dramaganda Manifesto on these forums, as censorship is a big thing here.

btw Hi Menden

Ghostly
12-03-2018, 03:08 PM
My personal opinion is, when you have evidence that one of us is corrupt or made a bad call, it's only fair to give the Senior Staff a chance to handle it. If for some reason you don't get a response within a couple weeks, do what you will but at least give them a chance. The other thing is, unless you PM us some vulgar obscenity, I can't see you getting banned or suspended. There has been many, many players that have tested my patience that I could of easily justified a suspension, and I know other staff have been in the same situation. In our roles there's accusations of favoritism every god damn day... there's so much you guys don't see. I didn't learn about true crazy till I started volunteering to help run this server. If Rogean would let me, I'd love to have a forum dedicated to "crazies" posts. Much like Maddox's hate mail, so good.

Its hard to trust that sending anything this way is going to do anything but paint a target. After months of people eating bans for the smallest thing,s myself included for saying that it seemed like Core was being targetted, people don't even want to take the slightest chance of saying something against a GM/CSR, out of fear of losing all of their hard work

While I respect the choice to keep Sirken on staff, i find it mind blowing that only 1 of the things that was brought up ended up being found as "true" and i'm sure others feel the same way.

All this does is further add to the mis-trust players have, and the fear of repercussions.

Haynar
12-03-2018, 03:13 PM
One of those things that I keep thinking about is when Alarti was trying to cross Kael for the first time when velious came out and was just legitimately trying to get to WL and accidentally did something with Tormax when it was getting pulled to a zone by a guild and got banned. Alarti is one of those people that we shouldn't lose in the community because of something like that. I don't think he's toxic at all but that's my two copper pieces.
There were like 7 GM/Staff in Kael watching that night. There were plenty of trains. We were all on skype together discussing it as the night went on.

If you think ppl training through kael, is the opportunity to round up some mobs and intentionally add to it with a perfect excuse, you are mistaken.

It was intentional. It was observed by many. We were watching for this behavior specifically, while we waited for attempts on raid targets.

This is exactly why I am not a GM. I would ban you too, for trying to convince us “this was all a mistake” and wasting our time.

Tune
12-03-2018, 03:16 PM
this is a joke

Staff is spineless + there is no one else to take this job, i get it

good news is, hes made plenty of mistakes over the years, all of which are fixable.

...and he should fix all those on top of his punishment

Evia
12-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Thank you for the update. I agree that anyone who loves the server deserves second chances and the ability to play or help give back. Sirken loved the server and so do I. This post gives me hope that second chances and communication are possible here.

Long live Project 1999

I couldn't have said it any better. I agree 100%.

Rang
12-03-2018, 03:34 PM
this is a joke

good news is, hes made plenty of mistakes over the years, all of which are fixable.

https://i.imgur.com/w5Y1CgQ.jpg

Imago
12-03-2018, 03:34 PM
I would ban you too, for trying to convince us “this was all a mistake” and wasting our time.

feanan
12-03-2018, 04:03 PM
You operate a sever and message boards that are full of censorship, where nobody ever gets named or shamed, and all punishments and admin actions are invisible and not to be talked about or discussed.

Where how many GM's/staff have been let go for RMT, cheating, or other shady shit?

I don't really know how anyone can have faith in or believe anything.

But you wonder why you had to read about it on some other website?

White_knight
12-03-2018, 04:05 PM
I agree with the sentiment that moving Sirken sideways isn't a good look on the staff overall and will probably cause more trouble for staff reputation in the long run than good.

But this is a free 2 play server and it's up to the staff/owner to make the decisions. We can all agree on the fact we're indebted for the service we spend/spent many hours of our life enjoying and for good work staff do (99.99% of it).

Bless the man too he put up with alot of crazy people spamming petitions so maybe he deserves to be infected by the craziness that persists on the p99 project atleast once and be forgiven for it.

(P.s best thing he did was allow Durepal to ban Tune, that guy will be playing till there is 6 pop on red99 seeking redemption for his cheating ways. When the server is at 6 pop you should unban his accounts rofl)

dussle27
12-03-2018, 04:07 PM
this is a joke

You received the punishment you deserved. Enough with the waterworks.

HippoNipple
12-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Nothing explains GM corruption like a Smedy video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZIVQ79mJ9I

dussle27
12-03-2018, 04:18 PM

I deal with camp disputes every day, but those on such a small scale that people calm down after a couple hours or I give them a 12 hour break to chill out and I never hear anything about it after. Raid petitions suck because it affects so many people so the hate machine can grow much faster.

Just give management a chance to deal with situations, I'm just trying to show you these accusations are daily. But you must have evidence of some kind.

There's a few petitions in our queue about these flagged for Rogean. It's his place to review the evidence and decide what to do case by case. As he stated he's working 85 hour weeks right now, so it'll take time. We have also had a flux of players thinking this is an opportunity to try getting unbanned/suspended for completely unrelated stuff, stop it.

<3

Go to GMs with evidence and risk retaliation or post anonymously and put yourself at no risk... Seems like an easy choice. You sound like an HR representative trying to talk an employee out of seeking outside counsel for workplace harassment.

Muggens
12-03-2018, 04:27 PM

Long live Project 1999

Soo basically people made up a bunch of fake allegations and only 1 was true? What a bunch of scumbags whoever did that.

Welcome back Sirken.

Menden for GM!

Sonderbeast
12-03-2018, 04:29 PM
I fully support staff intervention in banning the assholes that are reiterating what Aikons and I tried to say constructively into a circle jerk excuse to flame staff. YOU are the problem, grow the fuck up.

HippoNipple
12-03-2018, 04:31 PM
No matter what Sirken is guilty of you will never find out because Rogean/Nilbog have every motivation to make it look like nothing really happened. If it was one instance Sirken would still be GM. You guys are puppets.

Sonderbeast
12-03-2018, 04:35 PM
No matter what Sirken is guilty of you will never find out because Rogean/Nilbog have every motivation to make it look like nothing really happened. If it was one instance Sirken would still be GM. You guys are puppets.

You got proof or a tinfoil hat?

HippoNipple
12-03-2018, 04:36 PM
Why would I need proof to understand the creators of a project have every motivation to make it appear as little corruption as possible has taken place?

I'm not saying what he did or didn't do in that statement, just that someone coming on here and saying don't worry nothing happened, lets move on, should mean nothing to the reader. It is very predictable.

Sonderbeast
12-03-2018, 04:41 PM
Why would I need proof to understand the creators of a project have every motivation to make it appear as little corruption as possible has taken place?

cuz otherwise no 1 cares

Hotel
12-03-2018, 04:42 PM
cuz otherwise no 1 cares

NegaStoat
12-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Thank you very much for the information. Also, thank you very much for not throwing your hands up in the air and then pulling the plug on the servers.

Rewzer
12-03-2018, 04:55 PM
My personal opinion is, when you have evidence that one of us is corrupt or made a bad call, it's only fair to give the Senior Staff a chance to handle it. If for some reason you don't get a response within a couple weeks, do what you will but at least give them a chance. The other thing is, unless you PM us some vulgar obscenity, I can't see you getting banned or suspended.
Menden, my character Naethyn was given a temporary ban for posting an image in RNF, because I was told it implied staff favoritism. That image had a discord quote that did not include who said it. I was banned permanently after making a post in the petition forum asking how it could imply staff favoritism, unless it was a staff member who said it. I then articulated my opinion of a member of the server staff. I was not permanently banned until I made that private, GM only petition. If you review the petition you will find it not safe at all to post anything in the GM only petition forum, even if it does not include vulgarity. When players are banned in game for posting in the private GM only forums it is completely reasonable to expect them to go to a third party site to make this information public, and the server staff here should not be surprised when the only avenue available is met with instant banishment.

https://imgur.com/sJk4Opg.jpg

pasi
12-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Sirken has been a saint since the earliest days of garage box. Guy has a decade of volunteering to deal with shitheads. Definitely missed his calling as a social worker. Glad that he'll still be around in some capacity.

ScaringChildren
12-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Sirken = Trump

Fake evidence = Russian collusion investigation

Sonderbeast
12-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Sirken = Trump

Fake evidence = Russian collusion investigation

gotem

go rub one out you winner you

natescraigslist
12-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Free aalpha bbeta seroiusly the nicest guy on p99

Menden
12-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Menden, my character Naethyn was given a temporary ban for posting an image in RNF, because I was told it implied staff favoritism. That image had a discord quote that did not include who said it. I was banned permanently after making a post in the petition forum asking how it could imply staff favoritism, unless it was a staff member who said it. I then articulated my opinion of a member of the server staff. I was not permanently banned until I made that private, GM only petition. If you review the petition you will find it not safe at all to post anything in the GM only petition forum, even if it does not include vulgarity. When players are banned in game for posting in the private GM only forums it is completely reasonable to expect them to go to a third party site to make this information public, and the server staff here should not be surprised when the only avenue available is met with instant banishment.

It's flagged for Rogean.

Any issues with staff should be PMd to either Nilbog or Rogean. Once we get a GM, any issues with Guides should be sent to that GM.

Amyas
12-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Thank you for all the hard work and for the servers Rogean. It is a amazing place to make new eq memories.

Rogean
12-03-2018, 06:15 PM
So I can see why people would be very miffed to not openly post the Dramaganda Manifesto on these forums

Good, because that is exactly what you should not be doing.

Guys, read my post. It’s really simple. You don’t go make a god damn public post calling out staff members. You send a forum PM to myself or nilbog.

I just don’t understand how you guys can’t grasp this concept. I’ve seen like 4 posts now of people that are referencing bans for making public posts. Read this until you understand it:

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me or Nilbog.
If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me or Nilbog.

Again that’s a >>>>>FORUM PM<<<<<

Not hard to understand, if you are following this procedure, the only person that sees your PM is the person(s) you sent it to, and thus you can’t possibly be banned by the person you are reporting.

There’s no excuse for not being able to do this.

krilla
12-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Thank you to Rogean and the rest of the staff for providing and running this server. Been here since 2013 and played here for countless hours. Really appreciate all you guys do.

Fengxi
12-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Can I have my Hjial back please. I PM’d you Rogean; unless you feel my permaban was worthy I’d like a response is all so I can stop thinking I may actually get my Bard back from a knee jerk permaban Sirken gave me.

Tupakk
12-03-2018, 06:48 PM

Guys, read my post. It’s really simple. You don’t go make a god damn public post calling out staff members. You send a forum PM to myself or nilbog.

I just don’t understand how you guys can’t grasp this concept. I’ve seen like 4 posts now of people that are referencing bans for making public posts. Read this until you understand it:

Not hard to understand, if you are following this procedure, the only person that sees your PM is the person(s) you sent it to, and thus you can’t possibly be banned by the person you are reporting.

Open or hidden it gets back to the person that its about and the fear is still there. Nothing on this server is secret for very long. As I had all this within a day of it going "straight" to Nilbog.

All my point was that I have seen what happens when its hidden and leaks and when its open the result is still the same censorship when it is opinionated and the right person is reading it at the wrong time of their day.

If opinions about staff are now labeled as bashing then I think we all should know. Even if it is an obvious line to you guys, clearly it hasn't been for the rest of the community because of whats been happening.

Haynar
12-03-2018, 07:03 PM
If you have an issue with a manager at work, what are your options?

Take it to public discussion, put notes on white boards, call them out on bulletin boards in hallways, or take it privately to HR?

Apply the concept to here.

You do the math on what happens on each of these actions.

Sonderbeast
12-03-2018, 07:12 PM

Take it to public discussion, put notes on white boards, call them out on bulletin boards in hallways, or take it privately to HR?

I don't think we see it that way. It's more like going into a hipster coffee joint as asking for a raspberry latte and consistently getting weird looks. At a certain point you stop ordering a raspberry latte.

aaezil
12-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Sad when p99 is compared to work, but for the 24/7 poopsockers and staff it kind of is

Sonderbeast
12-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Sad when p99 is compared to work, but for the 24/7 poopsockers and staff it kind of is

Right, and that's what I meant. Most of us, even in AM/TP see it as a game, as 'customers' if you will, even though it's 100% free.

Maybe it's better to compare to a soup kitchen for lack of a better example; food is free, but you gotta abide by the rules. At which point you wonder at what point is it worth the time to go to the director and complain about an individual when you risk being kicked out of the soup kitchen, or the excuse will be 'they are volunteers'. Apathy is the best way to describe it, we'd rather have the bowl of soup than admonish a volunteer who is bending the rules.

Kubaton
12-03-2018, 07:31 PM
"Menden; But you must have evidence of some kind."

On live they actually read the damn files to see who did what, when and where.

Here = Only fraps and thats it.

Thats not classic ;-)

Oleris
12-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Can't make everyone happy!

AzzarTheGod
12-03-2018, 07:43 PM
There were like 7 GM/Staff in Kael watching that night. There were plenty of trains. We were all on skype together discussing it as the night went on.

If you think ppl training through kael, is the opportunity to round up some mobs and intentionally add to it with a perfect excuse, you are mistaken.

It was intentional. It was observed by many. We were watching for this behavior specifically, while we waited for attempts on raid targets.

This is exactly why I am not a GM. I would ban you too, for trying to convince us “this was all a mistake” and wasting our time.

Was thinking the same thing. Alarti is so toxic there has to be a lot of arrogant disingenuous-ness behind any call to free him.

AzzarTheGod
12-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Definitely missed his calling as a social worker. Glad that he'll still be around in some capacity.

And you missed the memo that real life isn't all that interesting.

"social worker" is garbo tier

"GM" is god tier

dcrag
12-03-2018, 08:14 PM

<3

I think the issue is the damage is already done. It can't be reversed - one guild is dead and another suffered severe damage. Even after these responses I feel like I have to hold my tongue - I in no way, want to bash or be passive aggressive or anything else - but i'm definitely still afraid to speak my mind on these forums about certain issues. I will wait to see how the forum bans etc are handled I guess.

When it comes to the evidence they presented (about the timers specifically) they were 100% scared. I was explicitly told when I heard about it not to mention it in-game or on anywhere on the forums or p99 reddit, that it would result in nothing but trouble. There is no doubt in my mind they were afraid.

dcrag
12-03-2018, 08:23 PM
You left the thread open for comments, so I'm assuming you're wanting them.

99% of your post seems very reasonable and level, but I think there's one huge logical error: The fact that there's no log showing "spell ID 1337 (favoritism)" when chaining out the recent Core raid suspensions doesn't make bias in that case (for example) a matter of opinion.

While we're lucky on one hand that Sirken does want to stick around and continue to spend time helping run the project, the fact that he even wants to after a public demotion should just be further proof that there's some pixel-related sickness going on here. And don't bring this up because I think it makes him a bad guy; it's normal. I bring it up because I think it further proves my point of bias and favoritism. It should be easy to walk away from something you're impartial about and have always made healthy decisions concerning, no?

All of this matters only if you want to really "fix" the raid scene. You need to see that favoritism exists and is inherent in the evolution of the convoluted raid rules over the last seven years. Once you can accept that you can focus putting the onus back on the small minority of players who fuck it up for everyone else and let CSRs get back to providing the CS portion of the acronym.

This is a great post, I have no idea how to fix the raid scene personally - but everyone has bias, even sitting judges.

There is one thing that is obvious though, I think it should be the players responsibility to work out the raiding situation - like Kayso said - let the CSR's get back to the CS.

Edit: From reading the rules and the early posts it seems that the idea was to have GM's as a last resort intervention for raid disputes - I think we have lost touch with that on blue 99.

Cen
12-03-2018, 09:11 PM
So which staff is being changed? Wizards should get a staff with summon familar but in velious era. Thanks!

Menden
12-03-2018, 09:37 PM
So which staff is being changed? Wizards should get a staff with summon familar but in velious era. Thanks!

Byel
12-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Feels like Clinton winning his impeachment. Salute to Sirken, you get you keep your internship. Streams gonna be real boring relegated to desk duty though

ducktv
12-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Haynar relating how we should handle GM's here with how we should handle managers at work... LOL

hey dude, project 1999 is not a job, sirken is not my manager. get a grip. Ill shit post him all i want, where ever I want. He is the idiot, not me

Taer
12-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Thanks Rogean, and thanks Sirken, appreciate all the hard work.

Tethler
12-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Thanks for putting up with the server's shenanigans for so long. I think the vast majority on p99 appreciate the staff.

Splade
12-04-2018, 12:59 AM

I mean, I don't have a dog in the race here, I'm mega casual, but I've kept up on the p99 drama lately. From what I understand is people have contacted you multiple times about many issues regarding Sirken in the past and it just gets ignored, only when it was released in a VERY public way was anything actually handled. Again, I've never actually interracted with the p99 staff besides to get a rotted body back and am strictly going off what I've read in the posts here, but I just don't understand why you would only want things handled via PM, if there is proof of wrongdoing, why would you be so adamant against it's release?

Ivah
12-04-2018, 01:32 AM
I mean, I don't have a dog in the race here, I'm mega casual, but I've kept up on the p99 drama lately. From what I understand is people have contacted you multiple times about many issues regarding Sirken in the past and it just gets ignored, only when it was released in a VERY public way was anything actually handled. Again, I've never actually interracted with the p99 staff besides to get a rotted body back and am strictly going off what I've read in the posts here, but I just don't understand why you would only want things handled via PM, if there is proof of wrongdoing, why would you be so adamant against it's release?

Hey look some dumbass drinking the forum trolls kool-aid.

heartbrand
12-04-2018, 02:27 AM

I have had only positive interactions with you and I hesitated to write this because this is an emulated Everquest Server and not real life, so any comparison between the two is already somewhat ludicrous. However, I think Corporate America has shown us with the many scandals that have come to light, that often times simply reporting things to your superior is not an effective way to resolve corruption allegations at the highest levels, only when these charges are made public are the Boards forced to take action.

Again, one is elf sim one is real life but seems fair game considering you made the comparison.

heartbrand
12-04-2018, 02:33 AM
I ran a game on IRC a long time ago that had a decent user base. It was a volunteer enterprise and I was decently passionate about it. Years went on and my interest waned a bit and I got too busy to really devote time to it, especially as it started to feel like a job. I tried to appoint people to run it for me while retaining the power to make the important decisions, but ultimately I realized that the only way to allow it to flourish would be if I gave control up completely to someone who was as passionate as I was originally. It worked.

aaezil
12-04-2018, 02:37 AM
If Sirken is going to be allowed to continue as a staff member of P99, what is going to happen to all of the people that he banned that were breaking the server rules? Asking for a friend.

Fixed it for ya.

Tethler
12-04-2018, 02:51 AM
This server has gone on for way too long with the current staff. Everyone here is basically pathetic at this point. I've logged on a handful of times in the past few years, and it's the same thing. Everyone hoarding loot on an autistic level. This game is unhealthy in the current state that it's in. There's a reason this game died.

Everyone here is sick. Clinically ill.

Yet, here you are. If you don't enjoy it, stay away. Seems pretty simple to me.

kaev
12-04-2018, 03:09 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't know having a bookmark in a Games folder on my chrome bookmark bar that I click on once a month meant I was lumped together with people like you. Check my post history.

Or, better yet, go back to Reddit you fucking incel.

... fucking incel.

does not compute... Norman coordinate!

Tethler
12-04-2018, 03:13 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't know having a bookmark in a Games folder on my chrome bookmark bar that I click on once a month meant I was lumped together with people like you. Check my post history.

Why keep a bookmark and check it if you hate this place so much? Genuinely curious.

Or, better yet, go back to Reddit you fucking incel.

You seem pretty upset, guy.

matticas
12-04-2018, 03:17 AM
So when I stop to think about it for two seconds, the staff here have made it possible for me to indulge in a little nostalgia and enjoy a great game with friends and family. There have been minutes, maybe even just seconds, of crappy stuff as opposed to HOURS of good times with great people on this server.

Dammit if I don't feel grateful. Thanks for all the fun, and let the good times roll.

Fifield
12-04-2018, 03:46 AM
I thought elfs were supposed to be jolly

Tethler
12-04-2018, 04:06 AM

He's really upset about a Broom of Trilon form 8 years ago. Elves have long lifespans, so it takes decades for their wrath to subside.

rollin5k
12-04-2018, 07:01 AM
some calculations reveal that elf has clicked his bookmark 96 times based on his own admission.

dcrag
12-04-2018, 07:06 AM
Hey look some dumbass drinking the forum trolls kool-aid.

How ironic that you're calling him a troll when he's actually contributing to the conversation.

Ivah
12-04-2018, 07:33 AM
How ironic that you're calling him a troll when he's actually contributing to the conversation.

Listen pal looks like your reading comprehension is garbage I called him a dumbass.

dcrag
12-04-2018, 07:43 AM
Listen pal looks like your reading comprehension is garbage I called him a dumbass.

Again, a personal attack instead of an actual contribution to the discussion.

Ivah
12-04-2018, 08:02 AM
Again, a personal attack instead of an actual contribution to the discussion.

This guy apparently likes dicks

kotton05
12-04-2018, 08:31 AM
this is a joke

You got what you deserved Jesus Christ stop complaining.

HippoNipple
12-04-2018, 11:42 AM
I have had only positive interactions with you and I hesitated to write this because this is an emulated Everquest Server and not real life, so any comparison between the two is already somewhat ludicrous. However, I think Corporate America has shown us with the many scandals that have come to light, that often times simply reporting things to your superior is not an effective way to resolve corruption allegations at the highest levels, only when these charges are made public are the Boards forced to take action.

Again, one is elf sim one is real life but seems fair game considering you made the comparison.

I agree. You are not going to be able to report to the ones in charge and expect them to admit to the community there was a wrong doing. It needs to be made public so that the ones in charge are forced to give someone the axe to save face. Shit is always buried until the ones in charge are forced to act.

If you report something to Rogean and Nilbog their first thought is going to be how do we fix this without anyone finding out. If they can fix it behind the scenes by helping out those that were wronged they would do it. Hush bribery. Letting the community know what has happened and getting rid of someone corrupt like Sirken only happens once the community already knows.

Daallee
12-04-2018, 11:45 AM
All of you ingrates complaining about any staff decision. What sort of freedom to you really think you have to challenge any decision that they make? I'll tell you - you acquiesce and accept that they have the right to do whatever they want or you quit the server / bitch and get yourself banned. You're lucky they don't suddenly decide that all this headache isn't worth it and just pull the plug on the entire project.

Tune
12-04-2018, 12:19 PM

haynar gettin dunked on all fronts yikes

You got what you deserved Jesus Christ stop complaining.

lol this kid literally joined r99 and met me 4 years after i got banned, good talk weirdo ur trolling skills suck

Dirkus
12-04-2018, 12:21 PM
This isn't RnF. Go back to your caves.

kotton05
12-04-2018, 12:27 PM
haynar gettin dunked on all fronts yikes

lol this kid literally joined r99 and met me 4 years after i got banned, good talk weirdo ur trolling skills suck

Crying about stuff that happened 4 years ago is real cool and normal

Wonkie
12-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Crying about stuff that happened 4 years ago is real cool and normal

hey buddy you're not powerful enough to tangle with the likes of tune. he's a big strong texty man and you just can't handle his noise. :p

pogs4ever
12-04-2018, 12:38 PM
This isn't RnF. Go back to your caves.

Artaenc
12-04-2018, 12:53 PM

What do you suggest then? Full transparency so that when someone gets banned the staff publicly show proof of why they got banned? Just like the police departments these days having to publicly release videos of proof that someone did something wrong that's why they were treated the way they were? If we as players are held accountable for our actions then shouldn't the staff be held accountable as well? I hope I do not get banned for this but I needed to break my silence. I am not being rude to the staff at all what so ever and this is with all due respect. If I am being rude in some way please tell me, it is definitely not intentional I promise you. I have always held the staff at the highest place in my mind dating all the way back to Uthgaard. Lately this is starting to slide down.

Muggens
12-04-2018, 01:32 PM

Mead
12-04-2018, 01:49 PM

Looks like he’s doing ok

NegaStoat
12-04-2018, 01:50 PM

Excellent post. I think one key detail involving this server and other private server projects of other games is that EQ has a horrendous amount of time commitment between the players and their character accounts. On other server projects a player with a dispute will be encouraged to submit their situation and recorded proof to the proper server staff channels for it to be handled, the same as here.

On those server projects however, if a player doesn't feel that the results are fair they can always go public with what they have to the rest of the player base, and that is always hanging over the heads of the project staff. The player in question has little to lose, as their time investment might be seen as relatively trivial OR they have other options to play on a different emu of similar quality.

On this project the situation is much different. P1999 is the best show in town for what it offers, and people have dedicated years to their accounts. This gives the server staff far more leeway in determining what can be done with each case.

aaezil
12-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Doesnt matter if youve spent 5 minutes or 5 years timeon the server. Do the crime serve the time.

Stroboo
12-04-2018, 02:30 PM
I am just really really happy no ones opinion, including my own, matters even slightly...

Artaenc
12-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Doesnt matter if youve spent 5 minutes or 5 years timeon the server. Do the crime serve the time.

Sounds like you've never been banned for something you know you didn't do or something that didn't seem ban worthy? Mistakes can happen, we know this to be 100% true. In fact the whole reason why this thread was created was because of a mistake. We are talking about members of entire guilds here losing out because they didn't have timers compared to the ones that got the upper hand. The magnitude of this single mistake is massive even if it was only for the spawn timer of emperor crush.

feniin
12-04-2018, 02:45 PM
HR isn't there to protect you, they're there to protect the company.

tecate
12-04-2018, 03:02 PM
All due respect, to play devil's advocate: I think nilbog and rogean weren't pmd because of all the evidence of the repeated lack of action, responses, and acknowledgement o persistent issues on this server/forum for the last few years. My assumption is that an external whistleblow was done because of these known "sweep under the rug" actions and muting/silencing track record and it ended up being a successful strategy and method.

aaezil
12-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Sounds like you've never been banned for something you know you didn't do or something that didn't seem ban worthy? Mistakes can happen, we know this to be 100% true. In fact the whole reason why this thread was created was because of a mistake. We are talking about members of entire guilds here losing out because they didn't have timers compared to the ones that got the upper hand. The magnitude of this single mistake is massive even if it was only for the spawn timer of emperor crush.

This is a video game

I suggest you seek help

Artaenc
12-04-2018, 03:27 PM
This is a video game

I suggest you seek help
This is also not RnF, refrain from spewing out stuff that does not apply.

natescraigslist
12-04-2018, 03:34 PM

YendorLootmonkey
12-04-2018, 03:41 PM

Some brand new players were in /ooc on their level 1s the other day talking about how much you F'd up, if that helps.

aaezil
12-04-2018, 03:57 PM
This is also not RnF, refrain from spewing out stuff that does not apply.

I hope one day you can take a look back at it all and wonder why you took it so seriously. Until then stay mad for gms banning people that broke the rules :)

Daallee
12-04-2018, 04:07 PM
This is getting out of hand. Devs/Admins/GMs don't owe us any explanation. They aren't beholden to democratic proceedings. Be thankful you have a server as good as this to play and get over this drama already.

Artaenc
12-04-2018, 04:13 PM
I hope one day you can take a look back at it all and wonder why you took it so seriously. Until then stay mad for gms banning people that broke the rules :)This is the last time I'll respond to your rage or what ever it is but yes you are mistaken and assumed the wrong thing. People that legitimately and clearly broke the written rules deserve what they got. I am not mad at the GMs, not one bit even if they ban me for going off topic to respond to your post.

Valakut
12-04-2018, 04:16 PM
honestly i feel like if the staff was serious about policing the server especially in regards to the raid scene all they would have to do is enforce the rules. there is no reason for a guild to get 2 or 3 raid suspensions in a 6 month period. the habitual offenders should be banned or disbanded. the majority of the raiding guilds rely on dkp systems that track long term player contributions. if players were to realize that their investments were not going to be bailed out by gms for shitty guild leadership then perhaps the guilds and players would police themselves even better.

aaezil
12-04-2018, 04:26 PM
honestly i feel like if the staff was serious about policing the server especially in regards to the raid scene all they would have to do is enforce the rules. there is no reason for a guild to get 2 or 3 raid suspensions in a 6 month period. the habitual offenders should be banned or disbanded. the majority of the raiding guilds rely on dkp systems that track long term player contributions. if players were to realize that their investments were not going to be bailed out by gms for shitty guild leadership then perhaps the guilds and players would police themselves even better.

The problem is the gms ban accounts, not players. The same bad apples that were banned 8 years ago just made new accounts and angle shot their way to 60/tov loot and now are sometimes getting banned again and again. They always come back. Red is a good quarantine zone for the most toxic but it doesnt catch them all.

aaezil
12-04-2018, 04:30 PM
This is the last time I'll respond to your rage or what ever it is but yes you are mistaken and assumed the wrong thing. People that legitimately and clearly broke the written rules deserve what they got. I am not mad at the GMs, not one bit even if they ban me for going off topic to respond to your post.

Do you have any proof of these so called cases where people that did absolutely nothing wrong got banned?

Didn’t think so. Move along now.

kaev
12-04-2018, 04:30 PM

This is a rational and reasonable suggestion. Sadly, this is a political circumstance (people are involved, after all) that is not easily dealt with by simple rationality. People do shitty things. Other people lie to protect/defend their teammates who've done shitty things. It's always gonna be messy, it's always gonna have drama, because people do care about it.

:shrug: They're really not doing a bad job of it for a volunteer crew. It's not gonna get better until the overwhelming majority of players stop staying silent (lying by omission) when their team-spirited pals lie to defend the guys doing the bad shit. Since the jerks and the liars who back them are all part of the leadership structures, that's never ever gonna happen.

tl;dr

I'm with Rogean et al on this, and I include Sirken among the "et al".

Wonkie
12-04-2018, 04:43 PM
make obnoxious rule lawyering an automatic 30 day player(all accounts) suspension

GM discretion

Khaleesi
12-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Or Rogean and Nilbog could do the appropriate thing for now and the future considerations of all things classic EverQuest : release their code, data and files.

Let others host their own servers and a healthy marketplace of Emulated classic servers can emerge.

Some guilds will host and keep it private. Otherwise will leave it open for that competition factor. A handful will run them to enjoy EverQuest without all the drama and with a aim to facilitate a toxic free environment for themselves and a small group of friends.

Our choices are :

We keep at it and this corruption continues, leading Project 1999 to fade into obscurity because the 5% and the release of the timeline/expansions was managed improperly
or

It's goal lives on and possibly even improved in the future through other people

There's no more Smedley, no more SOE, no more Daybreak and no more anyone to act as a scapegoat for excuses why this cannot be done.

Artaenc
12-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Do you have any proof of these so called cases where people that did absolutely nothing wrong got banned?

Didn’t think so. Move along now.ok that's a fair question with no rage involved. I don't have proof for anyone that got banned. I guess it sounds like I'm trying to help free maggots which is actually not what I want to see happen. Was just agreeing to that previous post that some people may have been banned without sufficient due process or too harshly and maybe worth a 2nd look when time permits which is not much I'm sure from people volunteering their own time to run this server.

loramin
12-04-2018, 04:59 PM
Or Rogean and Nilbog could do the appropriate thing for now and the future considerations of all things classic EverQuest : release their code, data and files.

Let others host their own servers and a healthy marketplace of Emulated classic servers can emerge.

Some guilds will host and keep it private. Otherwise will leave it open for that competition factor. A handful will run them to enjoy EverQuest without all the drama and with a aim to facilitate a toxic free environment for themselves and a small group of friends.

Our choices are :

We keep at it and this corruption continues, leading Project 1999 to fade into obscurity because the 5% and the release of the timeline/expansions was managed improperly
or

It's goal lives on and possibly even improved in the future through other people

There's no more Smedley, no more SOE, no more Daybreak and no more anyone to act as a scapegoat for excuses why this cannot be done.

Yeah, that's totally a reasonable request :rolleyes:

Hey Khaleesi, can you spend nearly a decade of your life working on a passion project in your free time, and also recruit a bunch of other volunteers to help, then after all that time can you just give me all of your work, both so I can start a competing project and so that I can use it to cheat on your project?

Don't get me wrong: I would love to see fifty different fan-run servers that all have the quality of P99 (both in terms of staff and in terms of the database/code). But I certainly wouldn't expect anyone else, let alone them and their team of volunteers, to all work for years and then give me the fruit of their labor, especially since by definition that would entail giving up all of the secrets of the game.

Nirgon
12-04-2018, 05:12 PM
I knew this was an attack and they preyed on him.

Whatever info was given had to because he saw someone worm their way out of something.

Pras the lawd.

Legidias
12-04-2018, 05:15 PM
(there's also legal agreements involved)

Nirgon
12-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Your scum attack on lady angel Sirken failed, you should be cast into the abyss

Unless you were not involved and I hope you weren't

feanan
12-04-2018, 05:23 PM
So is the point of the "passion project" to make them money?
Are those at the top making bank?

Are they not proud of what they've done here?

Why wouldn't they want to release it, and let people do what they want with it?

Unless, of course, somehow a decrease in server population someone equates to a loss of money

Hey Khaleesi, can you spend nearly a decade of your life working on a passion project in your free time, and also recruit a bunch of other volunteers to help, then after all that time can you just give me all of your work, both so I can start a competing project and so that I can use it to cheat on your project?

Don't get me wrong: I would love to see fifty different fan-run servers that all have the quality of P99 (both in terms of staff and in terms of the database/code). But I certainly wouldn't expect anyone else, let alone them and their team of volunteers, to all work for years and then give me the fruit of their labor, especially since by definition that would entail giving up all of the secrets of the game.

loramin
12-04-2018, 05:28 PM
So is the point of the "passion project" to make them money?
Are those at the top making bank?

Are they not proud of what they've done here?

Why wouldn't they want to release it, and let people do what they want with it?

Unless, of course, somehow a decrease in server population someone equates to a loss of money

First off, the convention here is to put the quote you're responding to above your response, not below. Not a biggie, just saying.

As for your conspiracy theory, I suppose it's possible that Rogean, Nilbog, and many others all volunteered huge amounts of their time for nearly a decade to setup some sort of RMT (or other) scheme. If that scheme actually existed it would no doubt earn hundreds of dollars (which would of course be very enticing to Rogean, an IT worker who puts in 80+ hour weeks and likely has a net worth several times that of you and I combined). It's also possible they figured out how to hide said scheme from Daybreak, despite entering into a legal agreement with them. While no one knows the details of that agreement, you can be certain it included a "you're not allowed to make money off our IP" clause.

It's also possible that Rogean and Nilbog, like most of us, really liked classic EverQuest ... perhaps even a little more than most of us, and wanted to make that experience available to old-timers and new folks alike. As a result, they invested huge amounts of time, even more time to recruit and manage folks to get them to invest even more time, and initially even some of their own money, to create a server where that's possible.

Take your pick.

Nirgon
12-04-2018, 05:29 PM
These people are what's wrong with the raid scene! I told you!

Erati
12-04-2018, 05:32 PM
the Loramax is on the case !

Nirgon
12-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Oracle of the Tribunal tho, I like dat

Wonkie
12-04-2018, 05:59 PM
he's right tho quit circlejerking

the project belongs to the owners, they're already "giving it away for free". a simple thank you would suffice.

bigjeff100
12-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Loramin speaks, i always listen :) Keep doin your thang Loramin!

Amyas
12-04-2018, 06:16 PM
First off, the convention here is to put the quote you're responding to above your response, not below. Not a biggie, just saying.

As for your conspiracy theory, I suppose it's possible that Rogean, Nilbog, and many others all volunteered huge amounts of their time for nearly a decade to setup some sort of RMT (or other) scheme. If that scheme actually existed it would no doubt earn hundreds of dollars (which would of course be very enticing to Rogean, an IT worker who puts in 80+ hour weeks and likely has a net worth several times that of you and I combined). It's also possible they figured out how to hide said scheme from Daybreak, despite entering into a legal agreement with them. While no one knows the details of that agreement, you can be certain it included a "you're not allowed to make money off our IP" clause.

It's also possible that Rogean and Nilbog, like most of us, really liked classic EverQuest ... perhaps even a little more than most of us, and wanted to make that experience available to old-timers and new folks alike. As a result, they invested huge amounts of time, even more time to recruit and manage folks to get them to invest even more time, and initially even some of their own money, to create a server where that's possible.

Take your pick.

BAM turkey and ham

Ivah
12-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Hey guys let's keep bashing the staff over shit we've read on the forums that nobody has evidence of. Whole lot's of imaginary mad in here

Wonkie
12-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Its crazy how many players discount the role the players make in making this project a success.

Obviously all the development improvements over the box emu version is the big draw but you don't get that same nostalgia feeling, which I'll argue is the reason most people play, on a box with 12 people.

players choose p99 because of its high quality emulation. this does not make us equal partners in the project by any stretch of the imagination.

Topgunben
12-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Its crazy how many players discount the role the players make in making this project a success.

Obviously all the development improvements over the box emu version is the big draw but you don't get that same nostalgia feeling, which I'll argue is the reason most people play, on a box with 12 people.

A very good point.

I believe this to be one reason there hasn't been another server (green) opened. 2 servers with 500 pop each will die off much faster than 1 server with 1k pop.

On a site note, I appreciate the staff and what they do, but I do not feel beholden to the server like so many of you wackjobs. I learned a long time ago not to invest into something I have zero control over. So many of you invest into EQ/p99 like it's going to pay long term dividends. I just realized when I typed that last sentence that for many of you, my advice comes 20 years to late.

bigjeff100
12-04-2018, 06:54 PM
A very good point.

I believe this to be one reason there hasn't been another server (green) opened. 2 servers with 500 pop each will die off much faster than 1 server with 1k pop.

On a site note, I appreciate the staff and what they do, but I do not feel beholden to the server like so many of you wackjobs. I learned a long time ago not to invest into something I have zero control over. So many of you invest into EQ/p99 like it's going to pay long term dividends. I just realized when I typed that last sentence that for many of you, my advice comes 20 years to late.

Release a perfected green server and let it flourish. Wipe and delete Beta Blue. This is how it should work.

Ivah
12-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Green server would be no different of a population history then red. It would also be a much worse lawyer quest then blue.

Nexii
12-04-2018, 08:29 PM

Take your pick.

https://i.imgur.com/xCMPW0E.jpg

Jimjam
12-04-2018, 09:36 PM

Take your pick.

The "where is the point in doing it, if not to make money off it" argument... by their own logic people making this argument are CLEARLY playing this game for RMT. As such, anyone making that argument should just be banned for RMT.

fzzzt
12-04-2018, 10:44 PM
No classic server will ever work out long term, EQ just isn't designed in a sustainable way. Unless they abandon their selective adherence to their "classic" delusion, there's no good reason to make another server. It would devolve in short order (shorter than the current one for sure). One would need to be willing to change the mechanics, otherwise at best you just delay the inevitable descent into its current state.

Nirgon
12-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Look for all those who counted their "victory" too early

That's your problem around here

Ivah
12-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Look for all those who counted their "victory" too early

That's your problem around here

They are kicking rocks now

Ivory
12-05-2018, 12:36 AM
I KNEW IT! Sirken is innocent!! ((Giving a tip on a spawn timer is basically nothing, gimme a break)).

I always beleeved in you magic elf!

Reinstate Sirken! ....And let him have his revenge on those who organized this coup!!!

Freedooom!

Ivory
12-05-2018, 12:42 AM

https://imgur.com/sJk4Opg.jpg

#freeNaethyn!!

Niedar
12-05-2018, 02:57 AM

Take your pick.

Nothing says your rich more than working 80 hour weeks lol.

Smedy
12-05-2018, 03:47 AM
This has been an interesting week for Project 1999, to say the least. I didn't anticipate having to deal with this on top of an 85 Hour work week, so please excuse the delays.

As most of you have seen, Sirken had his Forum account switched away from Staff, among other precautionary measures we took after some evidence was brought to light regarding certain actions. I never take action against staff without first verifying the authenticity of such claims. At first glance, at least one of the items did correlate with commands that were run within the game. All of this happened while I was at a customer site at work, but given what I had immediately found and with a quick phone call to Nilbog, we decided to take preliminary action until the rest could be investigated and we could speak with Sirken.

Having now had the time to look a little further into the claims, as well as speak with Sirken, it appears that only one incident has turned out to have happened. This is in relation to Spawn Timers. The rest of the claims against him were either false (Giving items away) or opinionated (Favoring Guilds). Note that a screenshot of a conversation regarding the former has a hint of sarcasm in it, and we confirmed via command logs that those items were not summoned for the player in question. Additionally I also spoke to the player who took those screenshots, and they confirmed they did not receive those items.

Sirken has a long tenure with Project 1999. He has been a CSR member here for 7 years. As you can see by many of the responses in various sections and websites of our community, there is a mixed response to what most have assumed is his complete removal from staff. Some are sad to see him go, while others are happy. Every CSR in our history has had enemies, it's a nature of the job. Part of a CSR's responsibilities is to take disciplinary action against rule breakers, and mediate disputes where not every player is going to come out a winner. As someone who's been here for so long and handled much to do with the raid scene, Sirken has many enemies, but also many friends. He's done a lot of good work for this project, and that is something we weigh into any decision we make.

Everyone makes mistakes, or has occasional lapses in judgement, especially under particular circumstances when it comes to people that are known to us. This is why we have rules on the books that any CSR member should pass off decisions related to anyone they know personally to another member. CSR members are expected to bring a neutral mindset to every situation they come across. But we are a staff of volunteers, and once in a while mistakes are made. We handle these mistakes, taking a number of factors into consideration such as the impact, seniority, intentions, repetitive likelihood, and more, and then we make a decision to move forward. Most of these situations are done internally, and the community never knows about them. Some of them are partly uncovered later, sometimes even months or years. Just because this situation was exploded into a community event doesn't mean we need to treat the outcome any different.

But that doesn't mean our intention is to play it down. The offense here is a serious one, and puts doubt on moving forward with the way things were. The information that was shared is a disruption to the competitiveness of the raid scene, and a violation of important confidential policies that the staff must follow. Even though the raid scene has never been this server's strongest representation, nilbog and I still take the integrity of any aspect very seriously.

On the other hand, Sirken has given a lot of time to this project, and wishes to continue doing so. A change is needed, but nilbog and I believe that a complete removal is not the correct course of action for one mistake and a bunch of unhappy raiders (Let's be honest, when has this server ever had a GM that the raiders were happy with). There are plenty of ways that Sirken can continue to be an important part of this project and staff. We will be moving him into a different CSR position away from GM, where he will no longer have access to spawn data and item creation, but still able to contribute and assist players as he always has.

This currently leaves questions for what happens to various responsibilities, including raid disputes. For the time, please continue following the same raid rules until we have had a chance to address what changes are needed. We are considering a few things, including more than one person having a final say on raid disputes (Raid Dispute Committee? Triad?), evaluating and replacing raid rules, and possibly even a return to the Class system from Kunark. We will be bringing more guides on soon to help with all of this. DO NOT think that the raid scene has suddenly become a free-for-all. If I have to start watching raid spawns myself, I WILL come down hard on the guild I catch being dumb. It won't matter who did it before or who got away with it. What WILL matter is the guild I catch to make an example of. DON'T be that guild.

Regarding any past disciplinary actions, this event does not change the reasons or outcome of those decisions. I don't want to see an influx of ban appeals for people who were legitimately disciplined for breaking rules. With that said, some of the bans specific to forum rule violations, or violations relating to staff bashing in the past, may have resulted in harsher punishments for first offense than intended. We will evaluate those situations on a case by case basis. But don't get me wrong - If you are toxic to my staff, I personally believe you don't have a place here. That includes passive aggressive public comments as well (I happen to think those are worse).

Thanks everyone.

Surprised you'd let anyone stay on staff with such as serious offense and you make it sound like this was the only time. Where there's smoke there's fire. Having the same GM for 7 years pretty much puts him in a dictatorship role, you should follow the Rise of Zek's way of transparency where all GM commands are logged into a discord channel where the player base themselves can audit the GM's actions. Not good enough? Let the CSR team audit GM actions then... You are not very involved with the project as you state, so why should you be the one auditing everything?

My trust with the p99 project is at an all time low.

Smedy
12-05-2018, 04:05 AM
this is a joke

Lol tune, move the fuck on... you're still mad over banned pixels from 2015? If they were re-instated the red99 box would still be sub 20 population and dead. I do however agree there's a ton of "shady things" that have happened during the years, it's annoying that Rogean remains as a dictator and picks and chooses when and what to care about while he is alt-tabbing out of starwars or whatever the fuck he is playing now (fortnite?) Change how the audits are done, make all the staff able to read what the others are doing command wise, that way no one on staff can single handedly be corrupt without a lower tier CSR member or such seeing it.

My guess is that Rogean wants to keep things hidden for good reasons. Tinfoil the fuck up bros, this project is dirty.

Fengxi
12-05-2018, 04:20 AM
This guy apparently likes dicks

Made me lol hard irl.

Bardp1999
12-05-2018, 04:40 AM
This reminds me of a cautionary tale I was told about a young boy who logged into p99 and never logged out (Tune).

Zal22
12-05-2018, 05:14 AM
So many banned forum questers....they come back White knighting.

Wonkie, why was Pokesan banned?

Nikkanu
12-05-2018, 07:16 AM
https://i.imgur.com/r6eqjCn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ewgMoqm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fnvJUNb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kpDANjP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s5Wdcsq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XjvuTW7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M37McFe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dVavXA0.jpg

White_knight
12-05-2018, 07:21 AM
https://i.imgur.com/xCMPW0E.jpg

You rang?

derpcake2
12-05-2018, 07:25 AM
beta white knight spotted

Nirgon
12-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Ahh hah hah hahahahah you had some neckbeard thot try to create all these false charges and it blew up in ur face.

Have u tried the believe all waman angle yet. Wewwww boy dis good. I knew it.

Nexii
12-05-2018, 01:09 PM
I enjoy it when staffs change in size. Especially dark elf hotties *grins and licks lips*

Nirgon
12-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Blockin this one immediately.

Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

dussle27
12-05-2018, 01:21 PM
I enjoy it when staffs change in size. Especially dark elf hotties *grins and licks lips*

What in the fuck is wrong with this person? Is this another tranny?

Tethler
12-05-2018, 01:29 PM
What in the fuck is wrong with this person? Is this another tyranny?

This one is a furry.

kotton05
12-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Nexii is awesome.

derpcake2
12-05-2018, 01:47 PM
This one is a furry.

if its not both noone is interested

its nearly 2019 ffs

Muggens
12-05-2018, 02:31 PM
beta white knight spotted

Good ol times. Im Order of the Ebon Hand tho

Mead
12-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Surprised this thread still open

derpcake2
12-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Good ol times. Im Order of the Ebon Hand tho

I used to play a ramp deck with fyndhorn elves, mana birds and craw giants.

Old school mtg was the best.

derpcake2
12-05-2018, 02:42 PM
Surprised this thread still open

Am certain quality posts about quality games help.

Hangerbaby
12-05-2018, 02:46 PM
The amount of drama this 50 year old game can generate and the kind of people (delusional trannies, pixel addicts) it attracts is endlessly entertaining.

I say not only does Sirken get reinstated and given more power but we bring back Amelinda or any other shitty GM and launch a new Project 1999 purple server meant for trannies, furries, pixel extortionists (like the kind that worked with Sirken to hand out bans), and displaced former players of red99.

Jan Jensen
12-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Yeah, about those 'appeals' for heavy-handedness. My petition's coming up on 3 months soon. This is kinda why people did not send you allegations directly - because proper channels typically get us nowhere.

Wonkie
12-05-2018, 04:22 PM
So many banned forum questers....they come back White knighting.

Wonkie, why was Pokesan banned?

same reason as always, being an unfunny moron

why?

Cecily
12-05-2018, 04:31 PM
The amount of drama this 50 year old game can generate and the kind of people (delusional trannies, pixel addicts) it attracts is endlessly entertaining.

I say not only does Sirken get reinstated and given more power but we bring back Amelinda or any other shitty GM and launch a new Project 1999 purple server meant for trannies, furries, pixel extortionists (like the kind that worked with Sirken to hand out bans), and displaced former players of red99.

Help! Help! I’m being repressed!

You see him there repressing me?

loramin
12-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Help! Help! I’m being repressed!

You see him there repressing me?

https://i.imgur.com/n2fFT2v.gif

dussle27
12-05-2018, 05:10 PM
Hate speech against LGBTQ community allowed for months now. Just don't refer to a female elf quester as "that husky girl" or you'll eat a forum ban.

[insert your favorite "seems legit" meme here]

The word "tranny" isn't hate speech bro, nowhere close. Go back to reddit.

Hangerbaby
12-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Hate speech against LGBTQ community allowed for months now. Just don't refer to a female elf quester as "that husky girl" or you'll eat a forum ban.

Using the word tranny = hatespeech

kotton05
12-05-2018, 05:15 PM
In norrath we are all brads angels

Nirgon
12-05-2018, 05:18 PM

[insert your favorite "seems legit" meme here]

How about

"Lyin ass scummy thot neckbeard welfare queen pig"

Feel like some PETA for brains coming after me already lol.

You try to scum good people, expect retaliation in the form of hurty words and a mirror being held up to their hypocrisy. For instance, calling Sirken a career scummer while falsifying claims against him.

Love to dump a tub of melted chocolate ice cream on dat head.

dussle27
12-05-2018, 05:21 PM
I'm not your bro, dawg. Have literally never visited reddit other than to stream an out-of-market NFL game, fam. You're 0-life, playa.

Sorry I meant Tumblr

Nirgon
12-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Rogean should ban everyone connected to those false attacks. Esp the thot.

Nirgon
12-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Tub of chocolate fo lunch. Got it thx.

Tenderizer
12-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Thanks for being transparent, in an age of secrets its nice to have closure on serious subjects.

Reddarok
12-05-2018, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure sirken also violated the name policy. It's a mustard, not an elf. #addedtothelist

Rygar
12-05-2018, 11:48 PM
How about

"Lyin ass scummy thot neckbeard welfare queen pig"

Feel like some PETA for brains coming after me already lol.

You try to scum good people, expect retaliation in the form of hurty words and a mirror being held up to their hypocrisy. For instance, calling Sirken a career scummer while falsifying claims against him.

Love to dump a tub of melted chocolate ice cream on dat head.

Where is the tattoo parlor pic of "SIRKEN" scribed on your penis with a tatted tear drop dribbling out of your pee hole?

Wonkie
12-06-2018, 12:22 AM
rygar going HARD in server chat

Nirgon
12-06-2018, 02:43 AM
Lol gettin mad wew

Swish2
12-06-2018, 04:36 AM
Where is the tattoo parlor pic of "SIRKEN" scribed on your penis with a tatted tear drop dribbling out of your pee hole?

https://i.imgur.com/QFCEl78.png

Nexii
12-06-2018, 06:26 AM

Now that's the kind of staff change I'm talking about

Muggens
12-06-2018, 11:19 PM
I used to play a ramp deck with fyndhorn elves, mana birds and craw giants.

Old school mtg was the best.

Mos def! I played a necropotence aggro that evolved into combo later on.
Still luv flipping my chaos orb

Muggens
12-06-2018, 11:20 PM

So, what are you then?

Sillyturtle
12-07-2018, 03:31 AM
Now that's the kind of staff change I'm talking about

Legit laughing out loud in the office at this. The one-two post combo!

*applauds*

Elerial
12-07-2018, 08:51 AM
@Rogean:

I truly hope you're also banhammering the person who fabricated these reports in hopes of getting Sirken removed from the CSR scene.

ScaringChildren
12-07-2018, 09:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/QFCEl78.png

https://i.imgur.com/lyeNXkjh.jpg

Muggens
12-07-2018, 11:10 AM
^lol

mccriddles
12-25-2018, 09:40 PM
and possibly even a return to the Class system from Kunark.

When this was implemented was the most fun I personally ever had on this server. It literally got rid of ALL the BS in the raid scene for every guild that doesnt want to spend every waking minute in this game poop socking targets.

Dreenk317
12-25-2018, 11:14 PM
Personally, I dont feel he should get a second chance. I welcome him as a regular player. But you gave him the keys to the kingdom, and he has now shown he couldn't be trusted with such responsibility. Therefore, in my opinion, he should be removed completely from server staff.

litlbitt
12-27-2018, 02:03 PM
Will we be seeing any responses to petitions for reimbursements any time soon?

Muggens
12-27-2018, 02:19 PM
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to the staff and Sirken

Khaleesi
12-28-2018, 07:24 AM

Aside from your clearly useless and sardonic natured strawman - which could only sound more ridiculous if you replaced it with mention of curing cancer- hording benefits no one.

What fruit of their labor? There is nothing of intrinsic or physical value being obtained by the existing of Project 1999 and their reasons for running it are their own.
Secrets? Such as?

Cheat ? This isn't a highschool project.

The only expectation is for them to release the data. What people do with is up to them.
Provided Project 1999 had very few or minor 'issues' then we could tolerate it a while longer in the absence of any alternatives. Though eventually competition is the only thing that progresses a market place. And since Project 1999 has none(outside of different client based projects such as TAK and P2002), it's a monopoly and a bad one at that.

Stop with the excuses.

tycohunden
12-28-2018, 10:23 AM
Wait... Was this the reason Fires of Heaven left p99? They always whined how Sirken were fucking us over.. I never paid it much notice since I'm apparently a totally sub IQ warrior type character who can't do much other than inspire people in the present and literally nothing else...
Damn... Poor fellas, they were literally driven away by cheating faggots... I guess I should have followed them to Agnarr, I just thought they couldn't handle the competitive nature of p99 raiding...

Damn.. Sorry Fires of Heaven, I wasn't worthy you... Please come back.

tycohunden
12-28-2018, 10:27 AM
Wait... Was this the reason Fires of Heaven left p99? They always whined how Sirken were fucking us over.. I never paid it much notice since I'm apparently a totally sub IQ warrior type character who can't do much other than inspire people in the present and literally nothing else...
Damn... Poor fellas, they were literally driven away by cheating faggots... I guess I should have followed them to Agnarr, I just thought they couldn't handle the competitive nature of p99 raiding...

Damn.. Sorry Fires of Heaven, I wasn't worthy you... Please come back.

Or I'm just a low IQ dude who is misreading the situation entirely!
I just realized that maybe someone like Rogean should run the country... Why do I even drink vodka, I know that I'm cerebrally allergic to vodka (gluten)...

I just miss my FoH buddies, they got me...