PDA

View Full Version : Sirken

Boenz
12-02-2018, 11:03 PM
So the the thread is gone. But why? (thanks M for relinking it

If a lawyer is convicted of a crime ALL of his cases are re-convened and summoned to a new lawyer and judge.

I vote all cases that touched Sirken's display be revisited in hopes for actual justice. Because as we know and as it has been proven... Sirken, while good as a "keep the server going" GM, was not well aware of the idiosyncrasies of a ... sorry (vagina) and the way an actual game runs (badgering guilds to do what he wanted). My character, as I am sure many characters, were banned because he believed what he was doing was right.

we have now proven what his "right" consisted of.

Something needs to be done to revisit these cases or to simply have a blanket of "all banned accounts are unbanned until... " they are deleted type thing.

Please stand with me...

Yes Sirken did well for the higher level things.... no he did not do well for addressing the lower level type people.

beargryllz
12-02-2018, 11:13 PM
first

Valrok
12-02-2018, 11:19 PM
not sure if shitposting....

d3r14k
12-02-2018, 11:38 PM
No disrespect, but championing for banned accounts to now be unbanned because Sirken has stepped down seems like an unrealistic expectation.

Maybe if we all donate $20 to the server PayPal, Rogean will hire a legal team to sort all this out. Donate today!

Zutizutzut
12-02-2018, 11:45 PM
I'd guess that most of the banned accounts should remain so. There may be some bans that are worthy of review, but I'd imagine it will take a long time for a new staff to deal with the flood of valid and invalid appeals for reinstatement.

coki
12-03-2018, 12:04 AM
Free Jado!

Pint
12-03-2018, 12:24 AM
Yeah let's review 9 years of petitions, who wants to volunteer to start

Jauna
12-03-2018, 03:54 AM
oh god what have i done

JayDee
12-03-2018, 04:02 AM
Should be simple to exonerate them all considering how many lawyers we have here

MalystryxVoF
12-03-2018, 05:24 AM
Regarding any past disciplinary actions, this event does not change the reasons or outcome of those decisions. I don't want to see an influx of ban appeals for people who were legitimately disciplined for breaking rules. With that said, some of the bans specific to forum rule violations, or violations relating to staff bashing in the past, may have resulted in harsher punishments for first offense than intended. We will evaluate those situations on a case by case basis. But don't get me wrong - If you are toxic to my staff, I personally believe you don't have a place here. That includes passive aggressive public comments as well (I happen to think those are worse).

you should probably read this and the entire post Rogean just posted.

p.s. you haven't proven anything, and most that was posted was debunked.

Boenz
12-03-2018, 11:18 PM
The only reason I posted this is because I had actual proof that I was not breaking the rules, and Sirken refused to look at the actual proof no matter how much I pleaded and even offered to donate (not reverse the ban) to just look at the proof I was offering. He ignored all my requests and simply banned me.

But yeah... I guess asking 9 years of "review" is too much to ask.

Such is life.

Thanks.

ibiza
12-03-2018, 11:26 PM
The only reason I posted this is because I had actual proof that I was not breaking the rules, and Sirken refused to look at the actual proof no matter how much I pleaded and even offered to donate (not reverse the ban) to just look at the proof I was offering. He ignored all my requests and simply banned me.

Such is life.

Thanks.

sucks.

not surprised.

try posting a petition with proof now, perhaps you'll have better luck. :confused:

Tethler
12-03-2018, 11:34 PM

Such is life.

Thanks.

Attempted bribery?

Wonkie
12-03-2018, 11:35 PM
it's smelly to use sirkens 1 misdemeanor conviction as justification for full amnesty for all elf criminals

this is like a prosecutor getting a dui stoppit

Ivah
12-03-2018, 11:52 PM
Shitty thread, pretty mad at myself for clicking

Jordanya
12-03-2018, 11:54 PM
Attempted bribery?
It does look like bribery to look at the "proof", but he said that the donation wasnt for a reversal. That seems legit to me.

Prostatus
12-04-2018, 12:02 AM
Sirken will be placed on paid administrative leave pending further investigation.

We are sorry for any convenience this may cause you.

aaezil
12-04-2018, 01:12 AM
imagine not breaking any rules in the first place.. Whoops too late

heartbrand
12-04-2018, 02:11 AM
I’m embarrassed to have played red. The thread got killed by awful red player posts.

Khaleesi
12-04-2018, 04:58 PM
No disrespect, but championing for banned accounts to now be unbanned because Sirken has stepped down seems like an unrealistic expectation.

Maybe if we all donate $20 to the server PayPal, Rogean will hire a legal team to sort all this out. Donate today!

In principle it's admirable, though yes at this stage an unrealistic expectation due to lack of resources.

Having said that I have little faith that with suitable resources that this would even get considered. There's far too much of a boys club approach to how this server was run with the majority of focus and time spent on top end raid guilds with a nasty level of bureaucracy that's frankly embarrassing.

As for Sirken, I think this highlights exactly what was stated at the start, he was good for a fulfilling a certain role and the question is, does that success absolve him of the faults?
Clearly not, as it turns out, however it makes you question whom put him to task and more importantly, let things get out of control?

Sirken reminded me of a liberal parent. They try to be your friend(if it suited him) and not your guardian.
This isn't difficult. Decide on the rules, higher people to enforce them objectively and consistently.

loramin
12-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Clearly not, as it turns out, however it makes you question whom put him to task and more importantly, let things get out of control?

I believe the answer to that question is "the person who has been developing, running, and recruiting and managing a team of volunteers, all to give you and everyone you play with a 100% free server with a reliable staff of volunteers to sort out all of the player conflicts."

That person.

Nirgon
12-04-2018, 05:32 PM
God I knew the claims were false and twisted

No one wanted to believe it

But now you have seen!!

HippoNipple
12-05-2018, 01:51 PM
God I knew the claims were false and twisted

No one wanted to believe it

But now you have seen!!

What new evidence are you talking about old man?

Nirgon
12-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Read Rogean's investigation it's there

loramin
12-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Technically Rogean's post didn't contain evidence, it contained an assertion (that Sirken only broke one rule and that all the rest of the issues weren't legitimate).

I'm not saying he owes anyone evidence (in fact I'd argue he doesn't), or that he should have provided some, or that we shouldn't trust his assertion. I'm just stating a basic a fact, which is that he did not provide evidence.

aaezil
12-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Thats not how accusing people works.. you dont provide evidence you didnt do it outside of an alibi - its just that the accusatory evidence was fabricated or unverifiable/ an opinion.

Nirgon
12-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Rogean has done (or not done? Lul?) many things but lie about the results of one of his investigations has never been one of them.

Even when he really wants to nail someone, he's as objective as it gets. He's even been known to admit fault, apologize and overturn a decision after further investigation.

redhorse
12-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Unrelated, but interesting. I stumbled upon this thread for whatever reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/1vikvx/furor_planedefilers_early_eq_eceleb_and_now/

The big posts are interesting. But, look for the ones posted by former EQ live guides and GMs. Listen to the things they publicly admitted doing to keep the serious pixel ghouls under control.

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend." -Robert Jordan, The Eye of the Word.

Muggens
12-12-2018, 06:58 PM
more like an archangel using the wand of creation to seduce a mortal woman from my pov. but this game is my life.

Funny post

aaezil
12-12-2018, 07:34 PM
So why is Boenz still not banned lol