PDA

View Full Version : Falling into Hole Corpse Location

Barlu
12-02-2018, 08:46 PM
I am very bad at EQ and fell into the Hole on my monk in Paineel. Made a level 1 Brell Rogue to try to grab the body but I can’t seem to find it. I thought you fell in near #7 on the wiki and I see 2 other bodies at the waterfall but my Monks is not. Am I in the wrong place or is it possibly bugged? I feigned as I was falling but I don’t know why that would matter. Thanks for the help.

Barlu/Larrybird

Danth
12-02-2018, 09:19 PM
There's one possibility I know of: Death to falling into the hole sometimes results in corpses appearing in mid-air halfway up between the zone-in and the actual ground. This same tendency can be seen in other areas where deaths due to falling are common, such as around Kelethin.

Danth

Metham
12-02-2018, 09:29 PM
If you go to the safe ledge to the right of 6 you should be able to see it in the air and maybe even "reach" it with /corpse

tycohunden
12-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Hey Barlu, long time no see! When it comes to dying in the hole, I always rely on one thing! Corpse summon. Just wonderful and necromancers tend to be some of the nicest people! Could also get a 49+ SK to do with but at a higher cost. Hope it works out!

elwing
12-02-2018, 11:09 PM
Corpse ignore z-axis, you can go to the bottom and try dragging between the sealed door and the pond, you should be able to get it if it is mid air

Barlu
12-03-2018, 09:18 AM
Thank you all very much for the feedback. I tried the Z axis trick but wasn’t able to target the body. I suspect it is because I’m using another character to try to /target it. I made a level 1 Erudite and fell in a few times and with the correct camera angle I can see the corpse floating while I fall. Once I land and am dead, the monk’s body appears to be on the ground. After switching back to the rogue it is not there so still has to be suspended. Just going to need a summon and a Rez at this point it looks like. Thanks again for all the help just think I’m having bad luck with it.

ineubis
12-03-2018, 09:51 AM
I can help you with a corpse summon tonight after 8PM Central time. If you don't get one sooner. /t Ineubis in-game.