PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Advancement?

Valaska
12-02-2018, 03:22 AM
Howdy! I was wondering if Alternate Advancement is planned? I know the server here sounds pretty anti-luclin and for some good reasons but... this was just a really awesome and flavourful system! Would be cool if there was a plan to implement the system.

destrozi
12-02-2018, 12:11 PM
No

Legidias
12-02-2018, 01:00 PM
No

America
12-02-2018, 01:03 PM
Nope, dead ghost museum server w a raging party and overcrowding. Like the hotel in The Shining

Issar
12-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Hey Valaska, this server will not have AA’s as mentioned. There is another server called TAKP (Al’Kabor Project) that is going up to Planes of Power, so it has AA’s. The server allows 3 boxing, which is a bit of a turnoff for me, but the population is pretty friendly.

loramin
12-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Mostly no, but there's a tiny answer of "maybe" also.

The whole point of this project is to recreate classic EverQuest. You might think Blue does that, but Blue had Kunark for seven years, whereas true classic EQ had it for less than a year.

What this project really wants to make is a server that follows the classic (2-3 year) timeline, and that server is often referred to as "Green". When Green comes out (years from now) Blue will find itself with a lack of purpose, as it will no longer be the "most classic" server.

When that happens the devs have discussed the possibility of adding custom content to Blue. If they do, they've also discussed the possibility of adding a very few limited AA abilities to Blue. However, these abilities would not be earned via XP like in Luclin: instead the devs have suggested that there might be some sort of epic quest that players could complete to unlock such AAs.

Again, this is years from now, and only something the devs have speculated about, nothing they've confirmed. But it's better than a 100% no.

zodium
12-02-2018, 02:34 PM
No

zodium
12-02-2018, 02:34 PM
There is no idea.

Luclin discussions are a non-starter. Period.

It does not matter how many times you ask. How you spin it. How you dress it up.

It's no to Luclin. No. No. No.

Which part of that is hard to get? Those that admin the server decided on the goal of the project at the beginning. It stops in Velious. End of story.

loramin
12-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Those quotes were about Luclin in general, which of course will never happen here. Haynar was not addressing the specific possibility of a limited number of AAs being available through quests in custom content.

I'm 99% certain a dev has said that there was the possibility that quest-based AAs could be added in custom content though (the devs never say anything with certainty about custom content). Unfortunately my Google-fu is failing me and I can't find it :(