PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Starting stats

Zonais
11-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Hello all,

I started an enchanter on this great server yesterday with a friend and forgot to look up anything online before putting my stats into int/sta and entering the world.

I have since realized that guides tell enchanters to always put 25 into cha no matter what race.

My basic question: Does it matter so much that I should re roll the character now? I am level 4 and while I dont want to re roll for negligible increases I do want to re roll if this is seen as game breaking by most.

Can anyone give me their opinion on this?

Thanks

Legidias
11-27-2018, 10:56 AM
CHA is easy to get. Initial CHA dump only helps out end game to 'ignore' a piece of armor that woul dotherwise get you to that max cha level.

Cen
11-27-2018, 11:09 AM
At level 4 id do it. Mostly if your a DE, gnome, or human or erudite. If youre a high elf its not much of a difference

Nixtar
11-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Doesn't matter much.

The main thing which is going to cause a headache for you when leveling up is trying to charm mobs which are of too high level. This will cause a lot of charm breaks regardless of your CHA. Even high blues will cause a lot of issues for you.

Zonais
11-27-2018, 11:36 AM
At level 4 id do it. Mostly if your a DE, gnome, or human or erudite. If youre a high elf its not much of a difference

I am a high elf. Would you decide still not to re roll? Also, why does being a high elf make it not matter as much? Higher CHA to start or something?

Cen
11-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Yeah your cha is high already where you wont have difficulty reaching some breakpoints like DEs do

Dillusional
11-27-2018, 12:05 PM
I'd reroll at level 4.

kjs86z
11-27-2018, 12:23 PM
I'd reroll at level 4.

Same.

It is a mistake not to do +25 CHA. Especially if you're brand new here.

aaezil
11-27-2018, 12:26 PM
An extra 50 hp or whatever people are sperging about wont save you from anything. Play what you think looks the coolest.

Zonais
11-27-2018, 02:40 PM
Same.

It is a mistake not to do +25 CHA. Especially if you're brand new here.

Thanks for your input. What should I put the leftover stats into?

Joyelle
11-27-2018, 03:43 PM

Stamina.

dussle27
11-27-2018, 03:52 PM
Stamina.

AGI if Erudite

Baylan295
11-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Stamina.

This one I disagree with. 5 stamina is worth a whopping 11 HP at level 60. You’re better off having the extra int and then swapping for + HP gear. The only exception to this is if you are maxing out on int even with full HP gear (multiple Vulak/Doze loots). Even then, I wouldn’t recommend doing it because it’ll take so damn long to get to that point you should enjoy the extra int.

The extra int will also be more useful leveling because of the larger mana pool, IMO.

snyder43
11-27-2018, 07:13 PM
Definitely DO NOT put any points into STA. No matter what level you are, STA hardly adds any HP to you.

Go +5 INT.

I normally tell people to go for HP over INT, but at any level you will get 5X as much mana as you will HP from those stats (i.e. 60 mana vs 12 HP at level 60).

DromalPhrenia
11-27-2018, 09:38 PM
An extra 50 hp or whatever people are sperging about wont save you from anything. Play what you think looks the coolest.

This is generally true but due to illusions, enchanter (and to a lesser extent bard and rogue) is an exception. I can look like any race, or a werewolf, skeleton, wolf, elementals, etc.

But yeah I’ll tell people to roll ogre for frontal stun immunity but really it’s because ogres look awesome and hilarious. Shrunken ogre is the master race.

...as an aside, shamans get bear form but I don’t get bear illusion. Shamans get shrink and I don’t. That’s some bullshit.

Trelaboon
11-27-2018, 11:17 PM
All charisma or all intelligence honestly would be fine but I’d reroll if you put any into Stamina

ducktv
11-27-2018, 11:56 PM
Literally does not matter at all

kaluppo
11-29-2018, 05:57 PM

This is from P99 Wiki:

"Practical advice, 25 points into CHARISMA every time, every race

Velious raid gear has a lot of INT. CHA and HP are an enchanters two most important stats at all stages of the game. Stamina has low conversion rate to HP for casters.This means maxing out on CHA is always the right call.

Min/Max: 25 point into CHA, 5 into STA
Casual: 25 point into CHA, 5 into INT"

Since you are a high elf your STA is the lowest of races for enchanters and its easy to max out INT with gear as your character gets to higher levels. So I would put 25 into CHA and 5 into STA.

Or if you really wanna buck the system then put the 5 into STR to help you carry more stuff you loot from mobs and need to sell to buy your spells.

Tecmos Deception
11-29-2018, 06:07 PM
Literally does not matter at all

Literally incorrect.

Personally I do charisma and int for any race. You won't totally cap relevant stats without crazy uber raid loots, and with stuff you're likely to see short of that, there's plenty of give and take available in gear to tweak your numbers. But being naked with 85 charisma trying to fetch a corpse is awful, and the extra cha in stats is nice when leveling up and not geared out yet, and stamina is a poor return, and int is 90% only a crutch for people who can't be patient enough to med to 100 between pulls, etc.

Anyone mentioning agility if you're below 75 is kinda right. Except you have a line of buffs and an epic click that give agility-enough to offset berserker strength line + low base station anyway.

It's not exactly the end of the world even if you put your points into wisdom though. But it DOES matter.

Kesselring
11-29-2018, 07:57 PM
I put 20 into sta and 5 into cha and my enchanter is still 23 cha over limit self buffed. If i could go back id prolly put 5 into agility but i also dont plan on getting bis stuff for my enchanter as a lot of it doesnt have +cha on it. Select few items like the vulak mask do but the top items are very cha restrictive.

snyder43
11-30-2018, 10:27 AM
I put 20 into sta and 5 into cha and my enchanter is still 23 cha over limit self buffed. If i could go back id prolly put 5 into agility but i also dont plan on getting bis stuff for my enchanter as a lot of it doesnt have +cha on it. Select few items like the vulak mask do but the top items are very cha restrictive.

If you're 23 CHA over max, I feel like you could swap out some gear that could improve your HP/AC/INT/mana. Do you have any +CHA gear that you could swap out? If you have a Neriad Shawl you may want to consider getting a Wind Walker's Mantle (https://wiki.project1999.com/Wind_Walker%27s_Mantle) instead. That swap alone would increase your HP by 69 at level 60. Do you have a Magelo page? I'd be happy to make gear suggestions.

Baylan295
11-30-2018, 10:31 AM
If you're 23 CHA over max, I feel like you could swap out some gear that could improve your HP/AC/INT/mana. Do you have any +CHA gear that you could swap out? If you have a Neriad Shawl you may want to consider getting a Wind Walker's Mantle (https://wiki.project1999.com/Wind_Walker%27s_Mantle) instead. That swap alone would increase your HP by 69 at level 60. Do you have a Magelo page? I'd be happy to make gear suggestions.

If you are 23 CHA over max you are wasting at least 2 gear slots on charisma that could be a more useful item. I would really look at swapping some stuff out. An easy one is a crude stein for an orb of the infinite void.

Or swapping from whatever helm you are using to a SS crown or circlet of the Falinkan.

I’m kind of surprised you got 23 points over max without any points in charisma without BIS style items. What are you using?

snyder43
11-30-2018, 10:41 AM
I would really look at swapping some stuff out. An easy one is a crude stein for an orb of the infinite void.

Good suggestion, Baylan. Before I was able to get a OotIV I had a Book of Dawn (9 CHA, +45 HP, 400pp). It still has CHA but also has the benefit of having a significant amount of HP on it.

If you don't have the pp or aren't in a guild that raids other cheap items would be the +6 AC/+65 HP rings and the +35 HP/+25 mana earrings.

Kesselring
11-30-2018, 02:53 PM

Nope everything is as good as its getting except the neriad shawl which ive been after wurm lord shawl for over a year and have never got it. Ive also got 2200hp self buffed with 0 raid gear (unless u count HoT). The only other thing i could get is a mask with +hp but its either eyepatch of plunder or the yeli mask and honestly not gonna spend 40k or whatever the mask is for 50hp upgrade (even tho thats an amazing upgrade) because its an enchanter and being over 2k hp self buffed is good enough imo.

Baylan295
11-30-2018, 03:22 PM
Nope everything is as good as its getting except the neriad shawl which ive been after wurm lord shawl for over a year and have never got it. Ive also got 2200hp self buffed with 0 raid gear (unless u count HoT). The only other thing i could get is a mask with +hp but its either eyepatch of plunder or the yeli mask and honestly not gonna spend 40k or whatever the mask is for 50hp upgrade (even tho thats an amazing upgrade) because its an enchanter and being over 2k hp self buffed is good enough imo.

Can you put out your gear list? I’m really curious what you are using to get to 2200 self buffed with no raid gear and 23 CHA over max.

snyder43
11-30-2018, 03:23 PM

Now I'm really curious what you're wearing! I sit right at 204 CHA (unbuffed, 254 buffed) and 2005 HP (buffed) and I have all the SS gear except gloves. I am also a high elf who put 25 points into CHA.

ducktv
12-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Literally does not matter

Kesselring
12-02-2018, 01:51 AM
Can you put out your gear list? I’m really curious what you are using to get to 2200 self buffed with no raid gear and 23 CHA over max.

Stuff like Full ss gear (minus helm), 75 hp belt, cloak or confusion, orb from kdt and hate crystal, its 13 cha over, not 23, was counting it with insignia prot not the orb. Still need mask and shawl tho. 2171 hp with magi. Cant remember what it was with aego and sta but it was definitely over 3300hp. The mask i have has 6 cha (xialin mask) and i use neriad shawl still so those chunky cha items will make me lose a lot which is why id need wurm lord shawl and yeli mask in order to keep my max cha while getting the last of my hp upgrades. But I would need to use insignia prot instead of orb more than likely with that set up to keep max cha (so id only gain 15hp total if i got those 2 items).

Edit: nvm was thinking insignia prot was 10 cha, so im 18 over with it. If my NA math is correct id be 3 cha from max self buffed if i had those 2 upgrades.

pasi
12-03-2018, 05:16 PM
I always told folk to max charisma at character creation.

Charisma is going to be the best stat to have when you are naked and your CR depends on lulls not critically resisting.

Baylan295
12-04-2018, 12:22 AM
Stuff like Full ss gear (minus helm), 75 hp belt, cloak or confusion, orb from kdt and hate crystal, its 13 cha over, not 23, was counting it with insignia prot not the orb. Still need mask and shawl tho. 2171 hp with magi. Cant remember what it was with aego and sta but it was definitely over 3300hp. The mask i have has 6 cha (xialin mask) and i use neriad shawl still so those chunky cha items will make me lose a lot which is why id need wurm lord shawl and yeli mask in order to keep my max cha while getting the last of my hp upgrades. But I would need to use insignia prot instead of orb more than likely with that set up to keep max cha (so id only gain 15hp total if i got those 2 items).

Edit: nvm was thinking insignia prot was 10 cha, so im 18 over with it. If my NA math is correct id be 3 cha from max self buffed if i had those 2 upgrades.

So I put together a guess over your gear based on the information you provided in here, and you don't get close to the kinds of stats you're talking about with 25 in STA and 5 in CHA.

I'm curious about your gear path - can you correct what I've put together here?

https://wiki.project1999.com/index.php?title=Magelo_Blue:Baylan_(Test)&action=submit

snyder43
12-05-2018, 01:48 PM
So I put together a guess over your gear based on the information you provided in here, and you don't get close to the kinds of stats you're talking about with 25 in STA and 5 in CHA.

I'm curious about your gear path - can you correct what I've put together here?

https://wiki.project1999.com/index.php?title=Magelo_Blue:Baylan_(Test)&action=submit

As an enchanter who doesn't have much time to raid, I am very interested in maximizing CHA/HP/AC with gear that I can either loot, buy, or get MQed to me.

Baylan, your Xialn Mask and Pitter Iron Ring were not entered correctly, so the stats would be a little better. I created a Magelo Page (https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Enchanter_(Test)), focusing on HP items over CHA items for the stuff we don't know. I took the liberty of making him a High Elf and since Encs get 30 points at creation, I put 25 points into STA (instead of the stated 20) and 5 points into CHA. I must not be doing something right, because it comes out to 1894 HP and 185 CHA (unbuffed). Does the Magi Shield give 250 HP or more? Assuming 250 HP... it would be 2146 HP and 235 CHA (buffed).

Lojik
12-05-2018, 02:27 PM
25dex 5wis