PDA

View Full Version : How do multiple factions work

Busher
11-24-2018, 10:44 PM
If a mob has 3 factions, are the 3 averaged and then if the average is above -699, you will be non-kos?
Thanks for any clarification on this.

aaezil
11-24-2018, 10:53 PM
Mobs can belong to 1 and only 1 faction

Coridan
11-24-2018, 10:54 PM
A mob doesn't have 3 factions it's only on 1, but killing it might piss off more than one faction or improve your standing with more than one. The Crushbone Orcs for example, they're on the Crushbone faction but killing them reduces the Indigo Brotherhood (Dark Elf Warriors guild) faction as well because they're friends.

Swish2
11-24-2018, 10:55 PM
You might get a faction gain/loss for killing that mob or handing in a quest which will have consequences for multiple factions but I always thought mobs are on a specific faction.

For example:-

http://wiki.project1999.com/Banker_Willaen

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Npc_banker_willaen.png

Of most bankers this is one of the most annoying to do if you're faction grinding (maybe not *the* most annoying).

He's on Kelethin Merchants which isn't something you can just raise by killing orcs etc, you have to do 1 of 2 annoying quests definitely hundreds if not 1000+ times to faction up. These quests faction up more than Kelethin Merchants but that's the one that'll count for him ^^

Busher
11-24-2018, 11:06 PM
That's what I'd always heard, just one faction.
Specifically, I'm trying to raise faction with Tolkar Parlone in Felwithe for the Mystic Cloak quest (as a gnome necro of Bertoxxulous) which may not be possible, but I'm going to try.
Killing Kizdean Gix in WC which is raising my Keepers of the Art faction. I'd guess that's the correct one for a Felwithe spell caster.
I tried wolf form but was still kos.
Any advice?

loramin
11-24-2018, 11:18 PM
Any advice?

The wiki is your friend. Specifically this page:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks

has all of the "tricks" for completing quests which you normally couldn't because of faction issues.

Other than that it's just a matter of finding a quest/mob that raises the faction you want and repeating it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and ...

Busher
11-24-2018, 11:46 PM
I'm currently getting decent xp off of Kizdean. I'm lvl 21 and he's 18. I'll keep this up for a while and see.
Part of the quest in in Najena with Tolkar's daughter who is on the same faction, so any "trick" will have to work indoors also. Might try the Ball of Golem Clay if I don't seem to be getting anywhere after a level of killing Mr. Gix. I am looking forward to some nice Blackened Teir'Dal at least.
The wiki says it's 10 faction points per kill, so that's not bad.
I am threatening, not scowling, so an amulet "might" get me to non-kos, but I kinda doubt I could do the quest at dubious.
Thanks

madgarin
11-24-2018, 11:53 PM
He gives 1pt per kill. The wiki lies :)

Swish2
11-25-2018, 12:14 AM
I am threatening, not scowling, so an amulet "might" get me to non-kos, but I kinda doubt I could do the quest at dubious.
Thanks

Worth remembering that scowling to threatening is a bigger amount of required points than threatening to dubious, dubious to apprehensive etc.

So effectively, if you were scowling to begin with.. you've done the hardest bit.

alsa
11-25-2018, 08:47 AM
If you just want to finish the Mystic Cloak quest, then you can ask a high level enchanter to charm that npc for turn in. I have done the quest on a iksar necro using charms on all the npcs

elwing
11-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Npc can be on only 1faction, even if they give more than one hit... Stranger (and rarer) there's no link between a npc faction and the hits, rarely you do not get hit with the npc faction...