PDA

View Full Version : What does "Any Slot/Can Equip" mean?

TheBlob
11-24-2018, 02:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a question on some clicky items which say (on the wiki) "Any slot/can equip" (for example, the wands from Kedge Keep and Mask of Deception).

I know that "Must equip" is only usable by classes that can equip the item, and that "Any slot" is usable by anyone. What about "Any slot/can equip"?

Thanks!

Ruhtar
11-24-2018, 03:10 PM
It means you can put the item into an inventory slot and still use the right click ability on the item.

feniin
11-24-2018, 03:10 PM
Means you have to be able to equip it to use it from inventory, I think.

Malik_Gynax
11-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Just to confirm since the above messages are not 100% clear.

The item must be equipped OR in a primary inventory slot (not in a bag) to use (right click). You can right click it to use it, but only if you are one of the classes which can equip the item.

Daud
11-24-2018, 05:15 PM
"Any slot/can equip" means can be activated from "any slot" by class/race/diety that "can equip" the item. IE, Mask of Deception can be used from inventory by BRD/ROG only.

"Must equip" means it must be equipped to be used. Stuff like Kunark class armors.

"Any Slot" means anyone can use it from any slot regardless of being able to equip the item. Like the Amulet of Necropotence that can only be equipped by INT casters but can be clicked by anyone from inventory.

TheBlob
11-24-2018, 07:19 PM
Excellent, thank you very much for the answer!