PDA

View Full Version : Missing Gear

Sulven
11-24-2018, 03:16 AM
Hello, I haven't played in about 4 to 5 months due to my wife having our son. I finally have a little bit of time now to play my enchanter that I left and I logged on to no gear other than some of my cloth armor and a batfang headband. I have no money in my bank or on my character, I have like a couple cats eye a, 3 spells I made and a couple CB belts. The last time I logged on I was in South felwithe enchanting silver and making jewlery, when I logged on this time I was in the bank naked. The only items that I can even remember having were a robe of ishva, rod of insidious glamour, cone of mystics and a crystal webshield, I know I had a couple hundred plat on my guy to because enchanting and making jewelry isn't cheap. I had a lot more, but my mind is blanking since it's been awhile. I would love to get to the bottom of this because I've been itching to play, but this really killed my drive. I petitioned when I got on and talked to the GM Menden and he told me to post on the forums the items that I lost and when I last played.

Thank you for your time reading this and I hope to hear from someone soon

I posted this also on the Eqemulator site, but I didn't know if this one or that one was the correct forum

bOONDOGGLE
11-27-2018, 12:05 AM
I believe they mean to post on the official petition board:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

JDFriend99
11-27-2018, 12:13 AM
I had this happen once too, the lesson learned was don't share acct info ever, trust no one here, they only want lvl ups and plat gains.

And short end of it all was no one got my gear back, told me to go get it again or quit. You have two choices, they don't reward rule breaking...

(taken from rules for the server) Available at Home in startup guide on forums.

Defrauding
Fraud quite simply is the act of unfaithful trade or negotations with another party. This includes false representations of your intentions. This can be lieing, deceiving, slandering, falsely representing yourself or impersonating another player, which ultimately results in the loss or damage of currency, items, camps, reputation, etc of another player.

This behavior can result in disciplinary action against your account if found responsible by a CSR.

Note that players are responsible for taking necessary steps to protect themselves in all transactions. Do not trust a player's word that he/she will return with the other half of a trade. Since the responsibility is on the player, the CSR will most likely not be able to get your items or currency back.

This includes giving anyone access to your account. YOU are responsible for the actions of anyone on your account. This includes the loss of any virtual property as well as an disciplinary received for their actions while on your account. In general, do not share your login information.

I had this happen twice and both times it was because i trusted guild officers long ago, came back to entire account stripped bank stripped and toons de-leveled. If you didn't share info who knows what happened, but 99% of the time its someone u trusted that said the hell with him/her and took all your stuff to make themselve feel good for a few months before they quit or sell their acct.

Swish2
11-27-2018, 01:26 AM
I hope they find whoever stole those items.

Sulven
11-27-2018, 03:07 AM
I never once gave my account info to anyone, friend or family or even online. The only person who would be able to do it is my wife and she can't even figure out how to get to the login screen for p99. I did find the right thread to post in though, the Gmail I talked to just said post in the forum, so thats why I posted here. I have no reason to lie about the gear taken from me either, I've been patiently waiting by leveling a druid to make the money back, but I would like some answers

tycohunden
11-27-2018, 04:55 PM
I once let my wife play my tank at crypt/emp in seb while I ran out to get food. She instantly ran the wrong way and died, literally 5 seconds after I closed the door.
When I came home she was really upset and begged my forgiveness.
This is when I realized we had huge difference in competence and decided not to let her do certain things anymore. It worked out great.

Sorry for that happening sir, the only time I've lost stuff is when I've disconnected and died without realizing it and coming back to my corpse having rotted.
Then I simply petitioned and was teleported to the corpse, fully geared.
Maybe you accidentally died and lost your corpse!?

Still, doesn't seem like you lost a lot, I once was drunk and gave a dial a port a pair of GEBS to make his "feet pop". I guess those are worth quite a bit more than your gear, but at least that dial a port druid and who ever took your shit was happy in the end.

The silver lining being; congratulations on becoming a Father! You're basically more successfull than 95% of all top raiding guild members! Just be sure not to waste time on game where you should be building a healthy attachment to your son!
Kids > Pixels

Hope it works out for you mate!

dcrag
11-27-2018, 04:57 PM
I once let my wife play my tank at crypt/emp in seb while I ran out to get food. She instantly ran the wrong way and died, literally 5 seconds after I closed the door.
When I came home she was really upset and begged my forgiveness.
This is when I realized we had huge difference in competence and decided not to let her do certain things anymore. It worked out great.

Sorry for that happening sir, the only time I've lost stuff is when I've disconnected and died without realizing it and coming back to my corpse having rotted.
Then I simply petitioned and was teleported to the corpse, fully geared.
Maybe you accidentally died and lost your corpse!?

Still, doesn't seem like you lost a lot, I once was drunk and gave a dial a port a pair of GEBS to make his "feet pop". I guess those are worth quite a bit more than your gear, but at least that dial a port druid and who ever took your shit was happy in the end.

The silver lining being; congratulations on becoming a Father! You're basically more successfull than 95% of all top raiding guild members! Just be sure not to waste time on game where you should be building a healthy attachment to your son!
Kids > Pixels

Hope it works out for you mate!

Sup with saying all this hurtful stuff man? Tons of us raid and have children, jobs and lives outside of EQemu.

tycohunden
11-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Sup with saying all this hurtful stuff man? Tons of us raid and have children, jobs and lives outside of EQemu.

Sorry man! Maybe I'm projecting my own self worth into my post? I don't have a great job or anything resembling a life outside the Swampsimulator. I'm just a pretty basic dad who can't really play without sacrificing parental duties.
I just wanted OP to feel a little better and congratulate him on becoming a father, which is a big deal in my world, all my friends are incel types who live solely hedonistic, so I just wanted to promote that...
Didn't mean to be hurtful

ducktv
11-27-2018, 07:03 PM
You are messed up dude. You should quit