PDA

View Full Version : WTT P99 Baazar Open Beta

Mohandas
11-23-2018, 03:49 AM
Hi,

I made a website where people can add auctions. I thought it would be nice to have when we want to trade but can't log on our trader.

Please tell me what you think about it.

http://ectunnel.000webhostapp.com/

Plowyabeastlord
11-23-2018, 10:42 AM
how long do items stay on there?

loramin
11-23-2018, 11:07 AM
As a fellow web developer I applaud your effort.

However, in practice I think building up enough regular visitors is going to be difficult. I'm just not sure very many people will be motivated enough to check in-game and in the auction forum here, and then think "well maybe I'll go check that new auction site also", especially since the first time they check it it will have few listings.

And if you don't have regular visitors you won't be able to get people to list their items. It's a vicious cycle. But good luck (sincerely) in figuring out how to prove me wrong!

Mohandas
11-23-2018, 04:20 PM
You might be right but websites like ahungry were able to get many visitors.

I haven't decided yet how long should auctions stay on the website. Two weeks sounds good?

Mohandas
11-24-2018, 11:04 AM
I bought a domain name to make it easier to promote.
It will now be called P99 Auctions Beta:
www.p99auctions.ovh

bomaroast
11-24-2018, 11:13 AM
We've got the forums. There have been several of these sites in the past. They've always proven unnecessary. I'm glad you had fun putting a site together though.

Trelaboon
11-26-2018, 10:55 PM
I don't think they've ever been proven unnecessary. The wiki seems to often lack current auctions, so i'm left questioning the authenticity of the prices i'm seeing. I always loved p99auctions or whatever it was called and Ahungry. Best of luck on your attempt!

Kiwix
11-27-2018, 03:48 AM
Would it be possible to add a column with forum name? I'm rarely online these days and prefer PMs here.

Mohandas
11-30-2018, 02:51 AM
DNS problem seems fixed.

frammelpie
11-30-2018, 06:45 PM
It seems to me that Ahungry hasn't been working properly for quite a while now, or at least the number of times I've checked it over the past year I don't get the search results for the item I'm searching for - instead I get just random stuff. Perhaps it will be nice to have something else to use as an alternative.

aaezil
11-30-2018, 07:53 PM
People already posting troll auctions, nice