PDA

View Full Version : No one will like this idea

lowner411
11-14-2018, 08:11 PM
When I think of a hardcoded team server, I wanted to divide it into more teams by city:

Felwithe and Kelethin (high elves and wood elves)
Ak'Anon and Kaladim (gnomes and dwarves)
Qeynos and Paineel
Erudin and Calabis
Halas and Rivervale
Freeport and Grobb
Neriak and Oggok

No team would have everything, but people would play non-ideal teams because they love the race/class combination. I would add these non-classic things:

- Put in the PoK books, which allow travel to the PoK book to your team's other city, possibly only for your team.
- Create a one use expensive clickie item to allow halfing druids to get to the planes (no wizards on this team).
- Put items that are only available in enemy cities on specific vendors, like putting some bard songs on remote bards, or purchased planar keys on gypsies.
- /ooc is global for your team, /shout for the zone.
- Possibly isolate each group by language and disable language learning, so different teams cannot communicate by /shout in a zone, and must rely on emotes.

tsuchang
11-14-2018, 08:44 PM
So, no interracial marriages? Where did the half elves come from then?

lowner411
11-14-2018, 08:45 PM
Mutations, or sex emotes.

dussle27
11-14-2018, 11:54 PM
When I think of a hardcoded team server, I wanted to divide it into more teams by city:

Qeynos and Paineel
Erudin and Calabis
Halas and Rivervale
Freeport and Grobb
Neriak and Oggok

No team would have everything, but people would play non-ideal teams because they love the race/class combination. I would add these non-classic things:

- Put in the PoK books, which allow travel to the PoK book to your team's other city, possibly only for your team.
- Create a one use expensive clickie item to allow halfing druids to get to the planes (no wizards on this team).
- Put items that are only available in enemy cities on specific vendors, like putting some bard songs on remote bards, or purchased planar keys on gypsies.
- Possibly isolate each group by language and disable language learning, so different teams cannot communicate by /shout in a zone, and must rely on emotes.

So basically a team for each player still on this server. In other words, FFA.

Ignight
11-14-2018, 11:58 PM

Qeynos and Paineel
Erudin and Calabis
Halas and Rivervale
Freeport and Grobb
Neriak and Oggok

Zek PvP server.....then Rise of Zek.....now, whatever this is....no thanks.

Tassador
11-15-2018, 07:30 AM
Zek PvP server.....then Rise of Zek.....now, whatever this is....no thanks.

You will play anything you silly fuck. You have nothing else to do brotha.

Kohedron
11-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Neriak and Oggok OP as shit, misses out on pretty much all the pointless raid classes

Jimjam
11-15-2018, 01:44 PM
So, no interracial marriages? Where did the half elves come from then?

They are the progeny of ogre and dark elf, used to infiltrate the fair races.

Rang
11-15-2018, 02:44 PM
Neriak and Oggok OP as shit, misses out on pretty much all the pointless raid classes

Yeah this or Freeport and Grobb would be massively op. Halas and rivervale? RIP mana

ScaringChildren
11-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Can we make a muslims vs the western world server?

tsuchang
11-15-2018, 04:33 PM
How about Iron Forge against Kaladim?

lowner411
11-16-2018, 10:43 PM
Yeah this or Freeport and Grobb would be massively op. Halas and rivervale? RIP mana

Yea, as I composed it I thought that Freeport and Grobb or the Dark Elves and Ogres would be the best teams, especially since Freeport would have monks. However, since these two teams overlap in space, they'd be competing against each other a lot, which could be fun. If balance was better switching them around (Dark elves and trolls, Freeport and ogres), then that would work as well. But whoever said Halas and Rivervale would be manaless is right--no enchanters or bards. Halfling druids or barbarian shaman might need another specialized item for balance.

I also figured some people would play on other teams just to see what they could do. Some people just love their elves, others love to start in Qeynos, and someone might want to create a Erudite Paladin and have easy acess to Kunark. Even if this was a non-PvP server with hardcoded teams, it could be fun. We might even see the naked gnome raid on Kelethin again!

The main plan was to break up the Evil team into pieces, so that they do not dominate as on other team servers.

Tassador
11-17-2018, 10:01 AM
naw

Zuranthium
11-17-2018, 07:38 PM
Me and a couple other people already detailed much better plans for ideas of this sort years ago. Nice to see a bit of creative spark though. Ideally, the game mechanics really need to be changed in addition to other alterations like splitting up towns.

dussle27
11-17-2018, 08:08 PM
Me and a couple other people already detailed much better plans for ideas of this sort years ago. Nice to see a bit of creative spark though. Ideally, the game mechanics really need to be changed in addition to other alterations like splitting up towns.

Cool story Hansel

ducktv
11-20-2018, 03:19 AM
Rated 1 star. Fucking dumb.

lowner411
12-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Rated 1 star. Fucking dumb.

I said in the topic that no one would like it. Thank you for confirming my prediction. Five star response. :)