PDA

View Full Version : Using twitch nightbot to search EC auctions?

Oleris
11-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Would it be possible for nightbot or some other bot to search a log file similar to gina or ahungry?

example: I have been running a mule in EC that is also broadcasting and logging the auction spam. Someone comes into the channel and wants to look for torpor for sale. Could they come in and do !search torpor and have nightbot spit out all the recent log files mentioning torpor over a couple day period?

I feel this would be more reliable than other auction sites.

America
11-14-2018, 11:53 AM
yeeikes

loramin
11-14-2018, 12:43 PM
Would it be possible for nightbot or some other bot to search a log file similar to gina or ahungry?

example: I have been running a mule in EC that is also broadcasting and logging the auction spam. Someone comes into the channel and wants to look for torpor for sale. Could they come in and do !search torpor and have nightbot spit out all the recent log files mentioning torpor over a couple day period?

It's possible for you to "slurp" auction data by: 1) setting up a toon in EC, and then 2) making a program or script that reads your log files. Then 3) you can do anything your heart desires with that data (including setting up a way to search through it).

But for anyone else to use that data you need a user interface. It doesn't matter if that interface is a Discord chat bot, some Twitch script, or an "auction site" or whatever: the data won't be any more reliable one way or the other, its just a question of how convenient it is for people to access the data.

Wonkie
11-14-2018, 12:56 PM
not a bad hustle, get them nerd bucks on twitch's hosting

good luck!

Oleris
11-14-2018, 12:59 PM
not a bad hustle, get them nerd bucks on twitch's hosting

good luck!

I would never take money if I could do this. I would put a donate to p1999 link instead. I also don't know shit about coding, but I thought I would float the idea out there to see if anyone could make it.

mickmoranis
11-14-2018, 04:34 PM
yeeikes

lol bravo

mickmoranis
11-14-2018, 04:35 PM
I would never take money if I could do this. I would put a donate to p1999 link instead. I also don't know shit about coding, but I thought I would float the idea out there to see if anyone could make it.

Live streamers make up to 500,000 a day, you should reconsider your "never" phrasing.

misterbonkers
11-14-2018, 05:46 PM
what was that one website someone here ran that logged ec auctions? auction logger or something? you could probably setup a command to just spit out a link to query that on that website.

e.g. !auc 10 dose null potion would spit out this link (http://ahungry.com/action/eq/item-detail/10+dose+null+potion) in chat

you could probably do that within nightbot if you combine urlfetch (https://docs.nightbot.tv/commands/variables/urlfetch) with querystring (https://docs.nightbot.tv/commands/variables/querystring)

but if you want something more sophisticated, like hosting your own personal logs on a server and making your own API to interact with said logs, that's a lot more in-depth and complicated, but if all you're considering is whether "it's possible", then the answer is it sure is possible. but i suggest the former since a lot of the legwork is done for you already

hope this helps

azeth
11-14-2018, 05:52 PM
Live streamers make up to 500,000 a day, you should reconsider your "never" phrasing.

500,000 a month, if you're Ninja. If you're not Ninja, more like less than $25,000 a year.

mickmoranis
11-14-2018, 08:23 PM
500,000 a month, if you're Ninja. If you're not Ninja, more like less than $25,000 a year.

there are thousands of streamers that make hundreds of thousands of dollars an episode

your false equivalence that you're either #1 or #100 is wrong, there are 98 other people before those folks making 25k a year

Swish2
11-17-2018, 04:49 AM

https://i.imgur.com/y8Ea8jB.gif