PDA

View Full Version : MQ question

fstyle3454
11-10-2018, 04:33 PM
My apologies in advance if this has been asked before. I was wondering if it is possible to MQ with another one of your characters. If I gave a piece on one character, logged out and got on another and gave the second piece, would I receive the reward? More specifically asking for velious armor quests.

markymark84
11-10-2018, 04:40 PM
yes that works

loramin
11-10-2018, 04:45 PM
It works, but you have to be careful. Ideally you should kill the quest-giver to be safe, but of course you can't always do that.

The problem is ... let's say the player before you accidentally turns in the gems but not the armor. You bring character #1 and give the NPC the armor, planning to let character #2 turn in the gems and get the reward ... but because the NPC already has the gems, when character #1 gives them the armor, the NPC gives them the reward. Now character #1 has useless armor for a different class, and you wasted your armor turn-in piece.

P.S. And the staff will not refund your items when MQ-ing is involved.

Bbeta
11-10-2018, 05:52 PM
It works, but you have to be careful. Ideally you should kill the quest-giver to be safe, but of course you can't always do that.

The problem is ... let's say the player before you accidentally turns in the gems but not the armor. You bring character #1 and give the NPC the armor, planning to let character #2 turn in the gems and get the reward ... but because the NPC already has the gems, when character #1 gives them the armor, the NPC gives them the reward. Now character #1 has useless armor for a different class, and you wasted your armor turn-in piece.

What the guy said right over this post. they changed how this works due to earthquakes in order to prevent a persons quest getting screwed up during a random repop (i think). The tables are server side. Not NPC side

loramin
11-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Ah, I didn't realize the earthquakes had that side effect. Thanks.

Well, good luck to multi-questers then.

fstyle3454
11-10-2018, 06:34 PM
This definitely gives me some clarification, thank you very much! :)

wagorf
11-11-2018, 06:49 AM

Any MQ has this risk, not just the way OP's doing it

Pootle
11-12-2018, 07:55 AM
I would also make sure to do this at a quiet time with nobody around. Its a long shot, but someone nearby 'could' see you turn in the armor piece then log out to your second character. If they were to turn in the correct gems before you got back, then they would get the reward.
If you didnt know this had happened and logged back in on char2, turned in your gems, you would get nothing.