PDA

View Full Version : Monk pull items?

Seeker
11-07-2018, 07:57 PM
What do Monks use pull in this era? I am used to having Abashi`s Rod of Disempowerment clicky and stuff that summons stacks of throwing items. Doubt those are options here.

Lionsfan616
11-08-2018, 01:16 AM
Summoned shrukiens from thurg or SS leather bracers, eye of zomm, or stalking probes.

GinnasP99
11-08-2018, 01:18 AM
The velious quest monk bracers (Thurg, Kael, Skyshrine) all have summon pouch of quellious(100 range stars). Carrying around a midnight mallet, slowstone amber, holgresh elder beads / stalking probes, several stacks of javelins for when you need the range. I think thats pretty much what most monks try to have. The bioluminescent orb is also pretty interesting for infinite mob tagging / some other splitting techniques. Wooly spider root nets are also nice to have.

Jimjam
11-08-2018, 04:16 AM
Isn't there also the option of the bracer that summons shattering hammers?

Quizlop
11-08-2018, 04:37 AM
Abashi's exists on the server, but I can't imagine the amount of time and effort that it would take to get one if you're just starting.

Xaeophi
11-08-2018, 06:12 AM
Antonian Javs!

Legidias
11-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Bio orb best pulling tool in game (HEB's can suck a fat one).

Bbeta
11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Wooly Spider Silk Nets and a bag of stalking probes. For example there is a room with 5 mobs, youre group can only handle 1 at a time. you can summon and eye out of line of sight, send it into the room. then once the mobs attack the eye and come for you can you root one then flop. sending the other 4 home. bam instant single pull. I only really utilize this in super high risk area's and if there is a caster in the bunch you need to time your FD accordingly. Its great if you know which mob is a PH or a mob that can spawn with loot. target that mob before you aggro or send in your stalking probe.

#freeaalphabbeta

bigjeff100
11-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Isn't there also the option of the bracer that summons shattering hammers?

Bracer of Hammerfal? Good option, pretty dang heavy though..

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bracer_of_Hammerfal

stebbins99
11-08-2018, 11:42 AM

Agreed! Though it has sweet stats, it's probably/generally too heavy for a monk to wear. Would need to keep in a Tink bag or something!

My monk feels awesome in that he has a Pegasus cloak-- however, he has no tink bags and is perpetually overweight. I feel like the same sentiment would apply to this bracer!

Bbeta
11-08-2018, 12:01 PM

I don't mean to be a debbie downer on this one but realistically these are pure garbage. Not only do they weigh a ton but the range is only 55 on the Hammer itself. Which translates into body aggroing mobs before you're even in range to toss the hammer(most mobs and 100% all giants). The benefits of the SS/thurg/kael bracer is not only does it weigh less but the throwing item is 100 range translating into the ability to actually throw something without the risk of body aggro.

Ortnit
11-09-2018, 09:02 AM
I don't mean to be a debbie downer on this one but realistically these are pure garbage. Not only do they weigh a ton but the range is only 55 on the Hammer itself. Which translates into body aggroing mobs before you're even in range to toss the hammer(most mobs and 100% all giants). The benefits of the SS/thurg/kael bracer is not only does it weigh less but the throwing item is 100 range translating into the ability to actually throw something without the risk of body aggro.

I have to agree with Bbeta 100%.
I did the Quest in the mid 50s, had to run from SS to Thurg and back a couple of times to get the right reward and i think each time you pay 50pp to one of the dwarfs?
Also the right quest mob in SS isn't always up, so you need to spawn that first, too.

Then finally i got the Bracer and realized the range is basically only body aggro distance.

My advice is, try and get Thurg or SS bracer and buy your shurikens until you get that. At least they have 60 range and it saves you the money you need to spend on the quest ;)
For longer range pulls you should have some Forged Javelins handy.

Jimjam
11-09-2018, 10:31 AM
Thanks for filling us on the hammerfel bracer
Is growth still cleared?

Snaggles
11-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Not cheap and a casting time but I'd pack a few crystallized pumice's.

Bbeta
11-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Not cheap and a casting time but I'd pack a few crystallized pumice's.

truth, these are great! also great for soloing. You can use them to get magic based dots off you between fights.

Legidias
11-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Lug a magician around to summon dispel sticks for you.