PDA

View Full Version : SK Feign Death is confusing me

Barnabas
11-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm a little confused how FD for SK's work. There are many times I will FD and when I stand up, the mobs will return to kill me. I understand that dots will trigger agro, but it seems to do it even when I don't DoT.

Do the mobs need to reset to their spawn point? I pulled the huge named Griffin in Rathe Mountains on top of the hill and FD'd when I realized I had no chance, wait for him to go back to this spawn spot, and I got up with no issues.

Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to be able to get up out of FD and not have the mob return to me? I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Avicious Cycle

lctucker2999
11-07-2018, 12:35 PM
I believe all FD (monk, sk, necro) has a CHANCE at instant mem wipe, but it is not guaranteed. After a certain amount of time, a mem wipe is triggered (30-60 seconds?). I believe in live EQ they added a message "your enemies have forgotten you" to make it easy mode to know when it's safe to stand up.

By the time a mob paths back to their spawn point it's generally pretty safe that 30-60 seconds have gone by and they have mem wiped.

I'm sure P99 mechanics could be different though

aaezil
11-07-2018, 12:36 PM
they have a chance to remember you but in general its best to wait till they path all the way back to their "home" position

also turn auto attack off before you FD cause that can cause insta-fail

Cen
11-07-2018, 12:50 PM
Sorry I'm a bad source but
... Mobs 35 and under will always forget. Above 35 its a chance per tick or something someone told me.

jackd104
11-07-2018, 12:53 PM
There’s a bit of an exploit way to ensure mobs forget you. FD, /quit, and log back in.

jackd104
11-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Ps in my experience with Necro on p99 there no time after which mem wipe is guaranteed. Seems there’s always a chance mob will re agro and seems related to your lvl vs mob level.

Barnabas
11-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Exactly the information I was searching for. Thanks everyone! :D

alsa
11-07-2018, 01:41 PM
I remember there's a difference between mobs that stay in a spawn point and those who roam. Unless a memory wipe is triggered, higher level roamers will never forget you from a fd?

Teppler
11-07-2018, 01:50 PM
Ps in my experience with Necro on p99 there no time after which mem wipe is guaranteed. Seems there’s always a chance mob will re agro and seems related to your lvl vs mob level.

This is true. There's times where I wait for mobs on my necro to go back to spawn point and they still aggro. The % is low though and it doesn't commonly happen. Like maybe 10% of the time they'll still aggro back.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Mobs who are level 35 and higher have an 80% chance of remembering you if you stand up before they reset.

So you have a 20% chance of them forgetting you each time you FD.

Say you have two mobs standing right next to each other. You can cast a snare dot on one, which will cause both to aggro you. Pull them far away from their original spot and FD.

They will soon start walking back to their spots. The unsnared one will get to it's spot and reset much faster than the other one. As soon as it gets back to its spot, stand up and hit the snared one before it gets in aggro range of the other mob.

kjs86z
11-07-2018, 02:50 PM
In my limited experience on my (56) monk having never used sneak....

I'm pretty sure any roaming mob needs to return to the spot in which it initially aggro'd you for it to reset.

If you're solo, it can be frustrating trying to break a camp of static mobs. However, if you have one other person...they can "tag" the mob that hangs around the longest and start fighting while you lay there FD'd until the others go back.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Zentile%27s_P99_Monk_Pulling_Guide

It says Monk, but can be helpful for non-monk pullers as well. Worth a read, lots of mechanical information.

Legidias
11-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Get a bio orb and 99% of pulls become ez pz

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Get a bio orb and 99% of pulls become ez pz

doesn't really need to if he's a SK

Legidias
11-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Do SK's get a blind spell? Its not the same as fear (many mobs are fear immune) as almost all mobs are susceptible to blind.

Edit: Same goes for snare (many mobs immune to changes in move speed)

ineubis
11-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Only way to know for sure if you lost agro is:
1. stand up and see if they start running at you again
or 2. /q then you are absolutely sure

Sometimes I have to flop SEVERAL times to lose agro if I'm trying to split mobs on pulls. Frustrating to do solo, works much better with a team member "tagging" (as someone also mentioned previously.) I am a DE so I have read to use your hide ability after you flop to increase chance of mem blur, but I don't know if it's real or not.

Danth
11-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to be able to get up out of FD and not have the mob return to me? I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Pull with snare--engulfing darkness or better. Snare the one you want out of the pack and pull them far enough out so that they're beyond aggro range. Feign. Let the other ones reset. When you stand the snared one (which could not reset because the snare prevents it from walking back to spawn) re-aggros you and is now single. Rinse & repeat. Shadow Knight pulling is a little slow, but it's simple and direct.

Level 35+ monsters will usually remember you after feigns on P1999 unless they return to spawn. Feign blurs here, sometimes, but it's poorly-implemented and can't be relied on. I've run myself out of mana trying to blur single roamers in Western Wastes before. Hence in dungeons you may prefer pulling roaming creatures first, to get them out of the way.

Danth

Barnabas
11-11-2018, 10:55 AM
Learned a lot here. Thanks everyone :D

Bardp1999
11-11-2018, 02:48 PM
The answer you seek is Blood Ember Greaves - but they cost like 45k.

But it will allow you to chain FD with no cooldown

elwing
11-11-2018, 02:53 PM
The answer you seek is Blood Ember Greaves - but they cost like 45k.

But it will allow you to chain FD with no cooldown

Longer cast time, which mean harder to get it through... And much harder with casters involved... You want to try the spell first and use the legs during the cooldownthe legs are great but they won't save you a gem slot...

24kanthony
11-11-2018, 03:08 PM
The BE greaves do pair well with beads, for anyone who actually makes it to that point.