PDA

View Full Version : ok, so did Donald Trump win or lose in this election?

Pages : [1] 2

America
11-07-2018, 11:07 AM
well?

Nikkanu
11-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Trump wasn't on the ballot.

loramin
11-07-2018, 11:13 AM
I think it all depends on what the newly Democratically controlled House finds when it investigates Trump.

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 11:14 AM
the red team lost their ability to pass legislation, making it an unmitigated disaster for them

:)

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 11:39 AM
The Republicans extended their hold on the Senate.

The Democrats flipped the House and hold a 1 seat majority.

It was a pretty average midterm.

The fact that there was no "Blue Wave" speaks volumes. It's a definitely a win for Trump.

The House will be lead by people who make the Democrats look insane, so that's a plus as well.

If Republicans held everything for 4 years, the pendulum would swing much faster and that's not what they want.

booter
11-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Dems flipped ~30 house seats and 7 governors.

Repubs flipped 2 house seats and 2 senate seats.

Many more repub senators are up for re-election in 2022 and 2026 compared to 2018.

Trump is done.

booter
11-07-2018, 11:42 AM
lmao at the fox news / r/t_d talking points above tho

Nexii
11-07-2018, 11:43 AM
Did Americans win? That's the real question

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 11:44 AM
lmao at the fox news / r/t_d talking points above tho

Sorry you didn't get a Blue Wave :(

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Did Americans win? That's the real question

Americans are retards who love a divided government so yes

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Americans are retards who love a divided government so yes

How are we divided?? I asked you where you got your burrito from last night!

booter
11-07-2018, 12:08 PM
The "hurr durr blue wave" argument is just semantics and pretty meaningless. But even if you play along with that game, this wave (9 points) was bigger than 2010 (6.8) and 2014 (5.7). They called 2010 a "revolution." This one was bigger, and the alt-reich media will have you believe it was a disappointment.

Democrats mourning Beto or other single races have completely lost perspective on how massive it is that they have the House. A congress divided is a congress neutered. They can't advance any legislation. It's stopping the Republicans' caustic agenda against working people. There won't be an ACA repeal, there won't be more tax cuts to rich people, there won't be steep cuts to medicare and social security.

Sorry you didn't get fascism.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 12:16 PM
The "hurr durr blue wave" argument is just semantics and pretty meaningless. But even if you play along with that game, this wave (9 points) was bigger than 2010 (6.8) and 2014 (5.7). They called 2010 a "revolution." This one was bigger, and the alt-reich media will have you believe it was a disappointment.

Democrats mourning Beto or other single races have completely lost perspective on how massive it is that they have the House. A congress divided is a congress neutered. They can't advance any legislation. It's stopping the Republicans' caustic agenda against working people. There won't be an ACA repeal, there won't be more tax cuts to rich people, there won't be steep cuts to medicare and social security.

Lol the midterms in 2010 was way bigger than this, you serious?

Republicans gained 64 house seats then. And I think 19 senate seats.

Nikkanu
11-07-2018, 12:16 PM

rebeccablack
11-07-2018, 12:18 PM
moving goalposts is a lot easier than self examination. refusing to even look at how they might be failing to connect with voters benefits the democrats again. dont correct your enemy when theyre making a mistake.

Canelek
11-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Have fun with your Patriot Prayers and hoods.

(and try not to suck any dick on your way through the parking lot)

katrik
11-07-2018, 12:24 PM
If the house was flipped, what exactly would you call it?

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 12:29 PM
If the house was flipped, what exactly would you call it?

losing control of the house is a huge victory for strong daddy tromp

:rolleyes:

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 12:35 PM
It's expected to lose something in the midterms.

Who holds onto all 3 branches for a full term? Not a lot.

The media has been hyping this election up for more than two years and this is what happens?

I'd say that's a victory for Trump.

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 12:39 PM

Who holds onto all 3 branches for a full term? Not a lot.

The media has been hyping this election up for more than two years and this is what happens?

I'd say that's a victory for Trump.

sir stop yelling at the tv

America
11-07-2018, 12:41 PM
i think i'm with scaringchildren on this one.

convince me otherwise and u may win my heart

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 12:48 PM
i think i'm with scaringchildren on this one.

convince me otherwise and u may win my heart

No. I prefer you as you are. Free.

loramin
11-07-2018, 12:55 PM

It's also expected that when when the economy is going well the party in power does well. If we're measuring things by historical expectations, given how well the economy is doing the Democratic wins in this election are unprecedented. Trump is just hated so much that he's even alienated the people who would normally be like "well I don't agree with him but he made the economy do well so I'll support him."

And, as a side note, no one should care about the current economy when it comes to politics: when you actually understand how big the economy is and how many different actors are involved, it becomes incredibly obvious that neither President or Congress (whatever party control them) have very much direct control over the current economy. Or even all that much indirect control. And what control they do have is mostly felt years later, so the average voter is almost always blaming the wrong people for the current economic state.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 01:01 PM
It's also expected that when when the economy is going well the party in power does well. If we're measuring things by historical expectations, given how well the economy is doing the Democratic wins in this election are unprecedented. Trump is just hated so much that he's even alienated the people who would normally be like "well I don't agree with him but he made the economy do well so I'll support him."

And, as a side note, no one should care about the current economy when it comes to politics: when you actually understand how big the economy is and how many different actors are involved, it becomes incredibly obvious that neither President or Congress (whatever party control them) have very much direct control over the current economy. Or even all that much indirect control. And what control they do have is mostly felt years later, so the average voter is almost always blaming the wrong people for the current economic state.

So are you crediting Trump with the good economy...or not?

XeroKill
11-07-2018, 01:14 PM
(and try not to suck any dick on your way through the parking lot)

Don't like competition? More dicks for you, eh?

Frieza_Prexus
11-07-2018, 01:15 PM
This was an extremely average midterm that ended exactly how most reasonable analysts predicted.

The only real practical benefit for the GOP is that any SCOTUS nominees (and other judges, I guess) in the next 2 years will sail through more easily. Calling it now, Amy Coney Barrett WILL take RBG's spot if she dies. Raymond Kethledge is a more qualified jurist by a reasonable margin, but Barrett is a "suck my dick" pick at the left which will be done now that they fought Kavanaugh so hard. If they somehow get yet another pick after that, I could see Garland being supported by vocal minority of republicans as he's actually a great judge and his views on Roe will be immaterial at that point.

Losing the house was expected, and will only pay large dividends if they manage to successfully investigate the administration for law breaking/real scandal. Most moderates are tired of grandstanding investigations that never go anywhere, so really, the 2020 election will turn on whether or not Mueller is able to successfully bring forth a Watergate level scandal. If that happens, you're looking at 4-8 years of blue dominance. If not, and the economy holds, the GOP will crush in 2020.

If the GOP is able to hold through 2020, if they're smart, they'll bend on healthcare an adopt a single-payer hybrid system that allows private insurance for the well-off who want to skip the wait time for procedures and pay now to get their hip replacement yet fully covers all others. If they keep up the "hurr durr obummercare" rhetoric, they're throwing away a huge amount of leverage for 2022 and beyond.

Nixtar
11-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Orange Cartman won because he didn't lose big enough? Sounds like the mindset of a loser.

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Orange Cartman won because he didn't lose big enough? Sounds like the mindset of a loser.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1060223658898141187

America
11-07-2018, 01:45 PM

wowow

Nikkanu
11-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha, wow.

Salty AF

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 01:48 PM

Acosta is so butthurt lol

Nikkanu
11-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Acosta is so butthurt lol

https://i.imgur.com/xjFLxXf.gif

https://i.imgur.com/HmGWllK.jpg

America
11-07-2018, 01:54 PM

they are actually both clearly b-blasted, mr. partisan hack. you just outed you're self.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 01:58 PM

https://imgur.com/7qZMmib.gif

Nikkanu
11-07-2018, 02:01 PM
they are actually both clearly b-blasted, mr. partisan hack. you just outed you're self.

You don't have to be partisan to think Trump is a giant douche, there's plenty of lifelong republicans that feel this way about him, lol

But that aside I see one guy civilly making a valid point and asking a valid question and another guy going apeshit and ordering his minions to strip his mic before melting down to all-out personal attacks... or am I missing something here?

loramin
11-07-2018, 02:03 PM
So are you crediting Trump with the good economy...or not?

Ddi you even read my post...or not?

I said very clearly: I don't credit any president (or Congress) for any economy, good or bad. If you truly believe the president (or Congress) has some magic dial they can turn to make the economy better or worse, you seriously need to take an economics class or three.

But regardless of reality, there is a perception that the President is to blame for the economy, and that perception has historically had a big effect on politics. There's been a trend that you can follow going back many decades: a good economy = good results for the party in power ...

... up until this election that is.

fuckshit22
11-07-2018, 02:06 PM
He wasn't actually on any of the ballots, so if Trump says he won, i cant prove him wrong.

loramin
11-07-2018, 02:08 PM
And before anyone starts arguing, of course both the president and congress have levers they can pull to affect the economy. The president can, as Trump has, start a trade war. Congress can pass laws that hurt or help businesses, although normally they only hurt/help specific industries that they were paid to hurt/help.

But again, when you actually understand how economies work, both of those "levers" have a relatively small and slow impact. People blame politicians for the current state of the economy, when they really should be blaming politicians from several years ago. And really they shouldn't be blaming politicians at all: they should be blaming the many, many, much bigger factors that impact the economy.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 02:08 PM
or am I missing something here?

Yes. Yes you are.

Acosta is also acting like a total douche by not sitting down and letting other journalists speak.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 02:09 PM
And before anyone starts arguing, of course both the president and congress have levers they can pull to affect the economy. The president can, as Trump has, start a trade war. Congress can pass laws that hurt or help businesses, although normally they only hurt/help specific industries that they were paid to hurt/help.

But again, when you actually understand how economies work, both of those "levers" have a relatively small and slow impact. People blame politicians for the current state of the economy, when they really should be blaming politicians from several years ago. And really they shouldn't be blaming politicians at all: they should be blaming the many, many, much bigger factors that impact the economy.

Ah, so if the economy goes to shit soon, it'll all be Obama's fault?

Or will you blame Trump? lol

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 02:11 PM

goddamnit

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 02:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/LOoOIOj.jpg

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 02:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/LOoOIOj.jpg

source: the babylon bee

k9quaint
11-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Is Civil War 2.0 here yet? Cuz I wanna make some 12 monkeys shit happen.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 02:19 PM
source: the babylon bee

I never claimed it was real, doggo

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Is Civil War 2.0 here yet? Cuz I wanna make some 12 monkeys shit happen.

I hope not, I still need to zero in my new SAM7R

aaezil
11-07-2018, 02:30 PM

rollin5k
11-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Trump is a hero, cnn is fake as fuck. Remember that fake white van. So damn fake

kjs86z
11-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Somehow two state districts managed to vote in Anti-American female muslims.

One even went so far as to drape a Palestinian flag around her during her victory speech.

The other one secretly married her brother in 2009.

GG libtards, one step towards the dismantling of true Americans.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 02:34 PM

So you guys are FINALLY admitting that Trump isn't a fascist?

It's about time..

loramin
11-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Trump is a hero, cnn is fake as fuck. Remember that fake white van. So damn fake

Because there's nothing fake about Trump. It's not like he vastly overstated his fortune, vastly understated how much money his dad gave him, and hid his tax returns so no one could see the truth of either of those two things :rolleyes:

And I'm sure his bizarre behavior towards Russia is completely genuine :rolleyes:

Oh, and despite virtually everyone around him being found guilty of crimes, I'm sure he hasn't done anything wrong :rolleyes:

I mean, the guy was a reality TV show star for fuck's sake: that's like the definition of fake.

rollin5k
11-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Calling Trump a fascist is being disrespectful to what humans have been through and at the same time making yourself seem mentally impaired

fuckshit22
11-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Because there's nothing fake about Trump. It's not like he vastly overstated his fortune, vastly understated how much money his dad gave him, and hid his tax returns so no one could see the truth of either of those two things :rolleyes:

And I'm sure his bizarre behavior towards Russia is completely genuine :rolleyes:

Oh, and despite virtually everyone around him being found guilty of crimes, I'm sure he hasn't done anything wrong :rolleyes:

I mean, the guy was a reality TV show star for fuck's sake: that's like the definition of fake.

His hotel in NYC is a piece of shit too, have any you 99%ers even seen how the man manages these places? Lets defend his practice of not paying his contractors, and hiring illegals, clearly, hes a man championing the cause of the working class. Lets give him a big fucking round of applause for making the sunrise today too.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 02:50 PM

How did he become a reality TV show star?

Did they just say out of the blue "hey guy! You wanna be on television?"

That's all he's known for? Reality TV?

NegaStoat
11-07-2018, 02:58 PM
It’s a pretty big win, historically less loss in house, net gain in senate, senate approves scotus. No blue wave.

This basically. The historical trends of voting results are what they are. The mid term vote results = Trump will be re elected in 2020. The thing I'm awfully curious about though is the FISA warrant & renewal sets that were fraudulent as all hell and the signatures on the pieces of paper that = felonies for those owning them. The declass was going to happen, but then stalled due to "Other nations called me and asked me not to declass."

I think a probable strategy is that the evidence Potus holds was held back intentionally as starting up a legal circus of indictments on subjects running for office is a bad play. "I'm running for office, that's why I'm being attacked by this!"

Now that the above defense is no longer applicable, I'm hoping the real shitshow starts up leading to civil war 2.0

America
11-07-2018, 03:48 PM

the truth of Trump is in that he will bluster any bluster and spit any lie to advance an agenda which I'm sure is cool, cause he's clearly a cool ass dude

Nikkanu
11-07-2018, 03:50 PM
goddamnit

I'm sorry. :(

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 03:54 PM
cause he's clearly a cool ass dude

https://imgur.com/ovWAlF6.gif

katrik
11-07-2018, 04:16 PM
I’m not sure how having the house flipped is a trump victory. I would say half Dem victory/half successful conservative defense. There were some crazy close races that the reds were able to fend off.

America
11-07-2018, 04:19 PM
it was a pyrrhic victory. like holding the black gate or whatever in that elf movie when trillions of swarthy, stinky orcs rolled up

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 04:21 PM
it was a pyrrhic victory. like holding the black gate or whatever in that elf movie when trillions of swarthy, stinky orcs rolled up

A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat.

Sonderbeast
11-07-2018, 04:21 PM
not ranty, not flamey 0/10

go back to OT and pad your post count

America
11-07-2018, 04:22 PM
no it doesn't. They changed it

America
11-07-2018, 04:23 PM
not ranty, not flamey 0/10

go back to OT and pad your post count

this thread is chock full of tears little man. i run your town i run my town. pretty girls rule the world.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 04:29 PM
I’m not sure how having the house flipped is a trump victory. I would say half Dem victory/half successful conservative defense. There were some crazy close races that the reds were able to fend off.

The Democrats performed worse than expected but they took the House.

You can explain how that benefits anyone until the cows come home.

Gilder
11-07-2018, 04:33 PM
His hotel in NYC is a piece of shit too, have any you 99%ers even seen how the man manages these places? Lets defend his practice of not paying his contractors, and hiring illegals, clearly, hes a man championing the cause of the working class. Lets give him a big fucking round of applause for making the sunrise today too.

Eh, the one in NYC isn't that bad. Chicago is probably the nicest one I've stayed at. Almost booked on in Vegas, but decided against it. Our company puts us up in them a lot. I think 4 Seasons has the slight edge, luxury hotel wise. The staff are just wayyy too up in your shit.

katrik
11-07-2018, 04:34 PM
The Democrats performed worse than expected but they took the House.

You can explain how that benefits anyone until the cows come home.

Getting something is better than nothing, no? Weird rationale. I’m hearing similar rhetoric on conservative radio.. but that’s nothing new.

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 04:35 PM
what was expected dino

Check12345
11-07-2018, 04:35 PM

Helsinki? Totally cool and good. Nope not weird at all.
If you are still with termp after that, I don't know what to tell you besides that you are putting party over country.

America
11-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Vegas location is pretty wack. not going to lie. They spent mad time on trying to upsell me at checkin, while ppl were waiting in line behind me. Then they checked me in to a room that was still trashed from the night before, including clogged toilet. It was graphic.

All that said: if USA is the hotel and guests checking in are swarthy orcs I say the world is in order

America
11-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Getting something is better than nothing, no? Weird rationale. I’m hearing similar rhetoric on conservative radio.. but that’s nothing new.

didn't hit landslide levels, and indeed performed worse than anticipated, even after the most enormous, unified, coordinated, and extreme 2-year smear campaign of a sitting President in history. It's a clear Trump victory

it is going to be 8 years

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 04:46 PM

Sure, it's deeper than that though.

Historically the party in the White House loses badly in midterms on the first term, especially when a president’s job-approval rating is below 50% as it is now with Trump.

The president’s party has lost an average of 37 seats since the end of World War Two.

You can see here, last night's performance was pretty average to probably above average:

https://i.imgur.com/e5tZeUX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

You can see holding onto both house and senate are incredibly rare.

Also, he did quite well despite the media running propaganda 24/7 and claiming he's absolutely hated by everyone.

The midterms proved that just isn't true.

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 04:49 PM
*2 chambers away from calling a convention*

*loses 7 governorships, several state chambers, and the house*

this is a bigly victory for tormp :)

America
11-07-2018, 04:52 PM
he pretends he's puretrolling but he's mad rn :cool:

Cecily
11-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Fired his Keebler elf, too. I’m pretty happy about that.

katrik
Well as a moderate I’m very happy with last night. Certainly better than the last two years. I’ve always been a glass half full kind of person.

rebeccablack
seriously though if youre going to call something a win because you didnt lose as bad as whatever arbitrary standard you consider "really bad" you can never really lose

i guess thats the secret to trumps success?

Nisse
11-07-2018, 04:55 PM
holy fuck, wrong forum much

America
11-07-2018, 04:56 PM
Well as a moderate I’m very happy with last night. Certainly better than the last two years. I’ve always been a glass half full kind of person.

your glass is half full of shit

*uproarious laughter from crowd*

Nexii
11-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Doesn't look like there's much correlation between seat loss and being re-elected or not.

America
11-07-2018, 04:58 PM
seriously though if youre going to call something a win because you didnt lose as bad as whatever arbitrary standard you consider "really bad" you can never really lose

look at Dino's infograph. you don't have a leg to stand on, which is equivalent to having ur legs permanently spread. so get fucked

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 04:58 PM

When the media lies to you for two straight years, gives you all this polling, predicts blue waves and then everything falls flat?

Yeah, that shows there's more to the story here.

America
11-07-2018, 05:00 PM
get

Sonderbeast
11-07-2018, 05:01 PM
moving to sorry you lost

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 05:02 PM
moving to sorry you lost

Sorry you didn't get Senate

Sonderbeast
11-07-2018, 05:05 PM
jokes on you, I didn't get anything.

(and neither did u)

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 05:05 PM
jokes on you, I didn't get anything.

(and neither did u)

I got you to eat my ass.

Shit was great

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 05:06 PM
*me, a high minded genius & lover of the classical arts* "lol u mad"

rebeccablack
11-07-2018, 05:08 PM
When the media lies to you for two straight years, gives you all this polling, predicts blue waves and then everything falls flat?

Yeah, that shows there's more to the story here.
you are at least moving pretty rapidly thru the stages of grief, so there is hope i guess. feel better soon.

America
11-07-2018, 05:09 PM
u think of me as a genius? :o thanks wonk

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 05:10 PM
*me, a high minded genius & lover of the classical arts* "lol u mad"

https://i.imgur.com/vmQLKFZ.jpg

Sonderbeast
11-07-2018, 05:12 PM
I got you to eat my ass.

Shit was great

your turn

https://i.imgur.com/th6BHCP.jpg

:p:p:p

ScaringChildren
you are at least moving pretty rapidly thru the stages of grief, so there is hope i guess. feel better soon.

lol grief? I feel vindicated

Everything that I believed for the past two years was proven true last night

Propaganda is also not influencing people as much as I originally feared, which is great

Wonkie
u think of me as a genius? :o thanks wonk

i try to find the common ground we can both agree on

Sonderbeast
11-07-2018, 05:15 PM
dont give into the dark side obi-wonk

America
11-07-2018, 05:16 PM
dont give into the dark side obi-wonk

wonkie's my pup and dino's my pincushion. you're my toilet

Cecily
11-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Fired his Keebler elf, too. I’m pretty happy about that.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Yeah, Sessions is out.

Good riddance.

Cecily
11-07-2018, 06:39 PM
Maybe we can use this occasion for a reach around across the aisle.

Cylock
11-07-2018, 06:41 PM
The last I heard President Trump’s approval rating was around 50%. Just imagine what his approval rating would be if the media was truly fair and balanced.

Cecily
11-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Probably 100%. Can’t trust the media.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 06:49 PM
I didn't like Sessions because he was strict on marijuana and supported civil forfeiture (I think).

He was also an establishment shill who wouldn't do his job.

Cecily
11-07-2018, 06:53 PM
Yep, same. I can’t risk smoking as a nurse until it’s ok with Feds.

loramin
11-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Probably 100%. Can’t trust the media.

Sorry Cec, but a whole lot more than 0% of our country has these things called "morals" and "compassion", and an ability to appreciate the circumstances of others who aren't like them.

A good chunk of the country can be riled into hating immigrants, and everyone else who isn't a straight white christian male (or female who accepts second place status in our society), so demagogues like Trump will always have followers. But they'll never get the support of real Americans with empathy.

Cecily
11-07-2018, 07:29 PM
100% statistic factors in those who don’t like America getting out, of course.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Sorry Cec, but a whole lot more than 0% of our country has these things called "morals" and "compassion", and an ability to appreciate the circumstances of others who aren't like them.

A good chunk of the country can be riled into hating immigrants, and everyone else who isn't a straight white christian male (or female who accepts second place status in our society), so demagogues like Trump will always have followers. But they'll never get the support of real Americans with empathy.

Cecily was joking, ya tard

loramin
11-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Cecily was joking, ya tard

:( clearly I'm bad at identifying sarcasm on text-based media.

I'd redirect my comment to Cylock, but A) I'm not sure if he was serious either, and B) I know better than to mess with staff (even in an RnF politics thread).

Cecily
11-07-2018, 07:37 PM
Think he was sincere. I’m left leaning and sarcastic. Hope this helps <3

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 07:39 PM
Think he was sincere. I’m left leaning and sarcastic. Hope this helps <3

describe your leftist positions hehe

Cecily
11-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Structure fires and guillotines.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 07:42 PM

Ah, so an American Center Leftist.

Nexii
11-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Conservatives aren’t against immigration, this country is founded on immigration. They just don’t want open boarders and no vetting. It’s not really that crazy of a thing to want.

Similar problems in Canada. Not in terms of number of illegals who have gotten in but our Temporary Foreign Worker program. Basically they're Temporary Foreign Slaves. If the employer isn't happy with them they get deported. So predictably such employees will work unpaid overtime/holidays, work for low declared salary and cash under the table, and in worst cases are physically/sexually abused. All on the hope of getting permanent residency.

Sadly both our main political parties are all for the disgusting practice

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 07:43 PM

oh come on be serious

loramin
11-07-2018, 07:45 PM
Conservatives aren’t against immigration, this country is founded on immigration. They just don’t want open boarders and no vetting. It’s not really that crazy of a thing to want.

That would only be true if our legal paths to immigration were working properly (hint: they're not).

If I say "oh I'm perfectly fine with immigrants, as long as they come here legally" ... but "legally" means only a few people get in, and they have to pay huge legal fees to do so, then I'm not really pro-immigration. And if you see all the people who have come here illegally, and blame them personally for wanting a better life for their family, instead of blaming the system which makes that impossible (even though there's no reason to exclude them except xenophobia), you lack empathy.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 07:45 PM
Sadly both our main political parties are all for the disgusting practice

The powerful right wants slave labor.

The powerful left wants slave voters.

Cecily
11-07-2018, 07:46 PM
Molotov cocktails and shooting people. :(

Guillotine just isn’t practical.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Molotov cocktails and shooting people. :(

Guillotine is also too humane.

fuckshit22
11-07-2018, 07:55 PM

Preach. If anyone in this thread didn't vote for a third party out of protest, why do you still think your party represents you?

Nexii
11-07-2018, 08:04 PM

Sort of. I think it was hubris more than anything. The belief that our oil sector would continue to boom and getting in anyone to fill labour shortages would fuel the boom.

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 08:06 PM
both sides are exactly the same

-South Park season 7 extended director's cut

Cecily
11-07-2018, 08:09 PM
describe your leftist positions hehe

Healthcare and education shouldn’t be dependent on your wealth - I want socialist policies for those two areas. The healthier and better educated our citizens are the stronger our nation. I want living wages and caps on CEO profits based off what percentage of profit is used to pay the lowest paid employees. I want corporations to pay more taxes than I do. I want regulatory agencies to curb price gouging on pharmaceuticals because the CEO wants more money. I want our country to work to preserve our planet and not take shortcuts for short term profit gains at the cost of damaging the very place we live. I want equality for men and women. I want separation of church and state. I want reproductive health care for women protected. I want marijuana decriminalized and taxed. I want state funded mental healthcare and addiction recovery prioritized over incarceration. I want prisons to be a place for social rehabilitation instead of a privatized source of income. I want sane, need-based military spending and deployment. I want term limits for the Supreme Court.

I probably want more things than that, but I’ll settle for murdering rich people.

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 08:11 PM
both sides are exactly the same

-South Park season 7 extended director's cut

This kind of thinking prevents you from seeing the system that fucks us all.

misterbonkers
11-07-2018, 08:12 PM

true, but if you want to get a head in life...

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 08:16 PM
MAGA hat blocks head from fitting in guillotine

Wonkie
11-07-2018, 08:16 PM
I probably want more things than that, but I’ll settle for murdering rich people.

killing. murder is when it's illegal.

Cecily
11-07-2018, 08:17 PM
Doing my civic duty.

misterbonkers
11-07-2018, 08:19 PM
it's a thankless job, but somebody's gotta do it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZcLThd7Ek)

ScaringChildren
11-07-2018, 08:30 PM
Time for guillotines (https://youtu.be/exnaY0l4XsM)

XeroKill
11-08-2018, 08:38 AM
That would only be true if our legal paths to immigration were working properly (hint: they're not).

If I say "oh I'm perfectly fine with immigrants, as long as they come here legally" ... but "legally" means only a few people get in, and they have to pay huge legal fees to do so, then I'm not really pro-immigration. And if you see all the people who have come here illegally, and blame them personally for wanting a better life for their family, instead of blaming the system which makes that impossible (even though there's no reason to exclude them except xenophobia), you lack empathy.

Yes, but these are two entirely separate issues. We can agree that the current immigration path is entirely too daunting, but at the same time, if we are to lax the process we have to ensure that it isn't too lax either. We DO need control over who does and does not enter the country, period. But to suggest that those of us that are against rampant ILLEGAL immigration and against the idea of granting widespread amnesty to those that have broken our laws, violated our borders and have made no effort to acclimate, all while making gross use of our taxpayers good will in the form of social assistance are <insert buzzword like xenophobic here>, which until only the last decade or so included the entirety of democrats as well, since you fuckers seem to have very short memories (see everything the Clintons and Obamas, et al., had to say about it prior to 2008)... well that is exactly what the media wants you to parrot. If you doubt that, then watch some of these supercuts of media outlets across the nation literally parroting, verbatim, the EXACT same talking points over and over and over and over like some sort of Borg Collective. Then listen as you chumps sit there and repeat them. Wake the fuck up already. You are being lied to, and what you are repeating are lies about your fellow citizens, the VAST majority of which are not guilty of these baseless and degenerate accusations.

Are there ignorant dipshits that still have deep seated bigotry? Yes, but they are a small minority, and their voice is opposed by all sides when they try to pipe up. Nobody agrees with them, and lumping everyone you disagree with into their category is the most vulgar and base use of human senses ever perpetrated. Holy fuck, I am so sick of this hyperbole and rhetoric, from both sides. Bunch of fucking apes flinging shit at each other.

Bones
11-09-2018, 06:43 PM

shit like this is the best and just shows you how disconnected from reality the far left social libtards are

Not wanting wide open borders = we hate immigrants.

ScaringChildren
11-09-2018, 06:45 PM
shit like this is the best and just shows you how disconnected from reality the far left social libtards are

Not wanting wide open borders = we hate immigrants.

It's the "i am very smart" of politics.

I bet loramin loves Reddit and his demi-queer girlfriend

Troxx
11-09-2018, 07:29 PM
ScaringChildren ... just another resident man-child who haunts these forums.

Stay sassy muchacho

ScaringChildren
11-09-2018, 08:03 PM
ScaringChildren ... just another resident man-child who haunts these forums.

Stay sassy muchacho

Lemme lick that butthole, boy

Maner
11-09-2018, 09:09 PM

a few? on average we let in over 1,000,000 legal immigrants a year, which is more than most other first world countries

Tethler
11-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Healthcare and education shouldn’t be dependent on your wealth - I want socialist policies for those two areas. The healthier and better educated our citizens are the stronger our nation. I want living wages and caps on CEO profits based off what percentage of profit is used to pay the lowest paid employees. I want corporations to pay more taxes than I do. I want regulatory agencies to curb price gouging on pharmaceuticals because the CEO wants more money. I want our country to work to preserve our planet and not take shortcuts for short term profit gains at the cost of damaging the very place we live. I want equality for men and women. I want separation of church and state. I want reproductive health care for women protected. I want marijuana decriminalized and taxed. I want state funded mental healthcare and addiction recovery prioritized over incarceration. I want prisons to be a place for social rehabilitation instead of a privatized source of income. I want sane, need-based military spending and deployment. I want term limits for the Supreme Court.

Are you actually me? This is basically a list of everything I'd like to see. I'd add term limits for congress as well and limits on lobbying/corporate political donations too. Also, gun control, huehuehue.

Sonderbeast
11-09-2018, 10:03 PM
muh guns

Tethler
11-09-2018, 10:08 PM
muh guns

ScaringChildren
11-09-2018, 10:20 PM
muh gun control

America
11-09-2018, 11:36 PM
very diasappointeded to see thus thread moved

Sonderbeast
11-09-2018, 11:42 PM
I'm not

Wonkie
11-09-2018, 11:46 PM
I'm not

yeah well you're an idiot

Sonderbeast
11-09-2018, 11:47 PM
yeah well you're an idiot

no u

Wonkie
11-10-2018, 12:36 AM
no u

qed

clevergirl
11-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Thread is fucking gay.

Incarcerating children and forcing them to have babies from rape in tent city concentration camps is hateful and brutal.

Sessions DOJ is directly and factually responsible for the above.

You are assholes.

Give them kids a free mp5 and some mags MREs and ship em home to the people who abused the shit out of them if you believe in the natural order and worship the beast.

Anything less is supporting a divisive fascist moron whose only goal is to destroy America by sowing chaos hate, mistrust of the free press, and government.

This isn't about immigrants it's about getting your way above the cost of life liberty dignity integrity. Justice. Equatiy.

Wonkie
11-10-2018, 11:33 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rCeKGeF.png

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 12:07 PM
I just want to point out that this midterm had the least amount of flips that there has ever been in our generation after the executive branch flips parties.

So it was definitely a win for the Republicans.

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Not that it matters you know Democrats have this ideology that if you look like a winner then you are a winner so they're all just going to say that they won and that anyone who disagrees with them is a Fox News or the Donald reader and is crazy.

you know the same thing they did to ensure that there wouldn't be a Blue Wave they're going to keep doing more of that.

ScaringChildren
11-10-2018, 01:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rCeKGeF.png

Kids are retarded.

ScaringChildren
11-10-2018, 01:03 PM
If you guys think we're living in a fascist society, then what do you call actual fascism?

Wonkie
11-10-2018, 01:10 PM
If you guys think we're living in a fascist society, then what do you call actual fascism?

I like the dogwhistle "partnering with the private sector"

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 01:12 PM
grandpa what did you do durring the rise of fasicim?

I supported the globalist corperations that rule us with impunity and got rid of our right to defend ourselves against the fascists

god damn grandpa you are so empathetic!

ScaringChildren
11-10-2018, 01:30 PM
grandpa what did you do durring the rise of fasicim?

I supported the globalist corperations that rule us with impunity and got rid of our right to defend ourselves against the fascists

god damn grandpa you are so empathetic!

Exactly

Ahldagor
11-10-2018, 01:47 PM
Some clear experts of the rise of Franco and Mussolini.

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 02:04 PM
Are you an expert? Talking about how trump is a fascist, and using mousulini and franco as a comparison, literally totally oblivious to the history that both of them rose to power out of 20+ year long depressions after ww1

Pathetic media brainwashing. The only evidence that trump is a fascist that you have is what you heard on john oliver.

Pathetic.

ScaringChildren
11-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Some clear experts of the rise of Franco and Mussolini.

And those are comparable to us, how?

Ahldagor
11-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Are you an expert? Talking about how trump is a fascist, and using mousulini and franco as a comparison, literally totally oblivious to the history that both of them rose to power out of 20+ year long depressions after ww1

Pathetic media brainwashing. The only evidence that trump is a fascist that you have is what you heard on john oliver.

Pathetic.

Are you an expert? Do enlighten the masses, please, if so.

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Because he saw John Oliver and Trevor Noah or some other corperate media shill tell him so, that's how.

Ahldagor
11-10-2018, 02:52 PM
I don't have cable. Why waste money?

Still waiting on your expert analysis of the rise of Franco and Musolini, or are you too weak to present it?

misterbonkers
11-10-2018, 02:55 PM
strange admission of guilt (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1061335051294728194)

ScaringChildren
11-10-2018, 03:20 PM
strange admission of guilt (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1061335051294728194)

Democrats in Broward County were court ordered to submit ballots by a certain time (because a judge found them guilty of election tampering in 2016).

They failed to do so.

They were also filmed stuffing ballots into various vehicles in a dimly lit alley.

And yet you continue to defend these people.

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 03:38 PM

this guy writes tweets so it incites everyone to read them hes the oscar wilde of politics

Ahldagor
11-10-2018, 03:40 PM
this guy writes tweets so it incites everyone to read them hes the oscar wilde of politics

Are you aware that Oscar Wilde spent a lot of time in prison being a homosexual?

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 03:41 PM
why does evertying have to devolve into race or sexuality to you people

Raev
11-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Retaining control of the Senate is a huge win for Trump. He can continue appointing judges. The Supreme Court could easily be 7-2 by 2020; Ginsburg is on life support and Breyer is 81. And the lower Federal courts count too. He can continue to appoint Cabinet members without the Democrats obstructing them for months, especially the AG. And the Senate will block any impeachment proceedings.

Losing the House is definitely not a win, but it's not a huge loss either. Remember, the Democrats have literally no vision other than attacking Trump. If they spend all of their time trying to impeach him and look into his tax returns and such without success, all they will do is alienate the more moderate parts of their party. And if their only message is attacking Trump, and they fail to do that, then what purpose do they serve? On the contrary, now that the midterms are over and Sessions is out I think it's likely Trump goes harder in the paint with the FISA declassification and the Democrats are the ones that are hit with scandals - not to mention all of this voter fraud that is coming out.

I think at this point the Democrats' primary plan is to have Powell crash the stock market by raising interest rates to stop Trump 2020. But will it work? Somewhere in the 2000s the Democrats became the party of the rich. Most Trump voters probably don't have huge amounts of stock, and Trump may well succeed push the blame onto the Democratic House and the Fed. And crashing the American stock market will crash the Chinese stock market as well, and that will only be good for American manufacturing.

Verdict: I wouldn't call it a victory for Trump, but it's certainly not a loss either. The k-ification of American continues.

Ahldagor
11-10-2018, 03:50 PM
why does evertying have to devolve into race or sexuality to you people

You're the one that called President Trump a homosexual with an analogy, not me. Don't be weak.

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 03:51 PM
its like playing handball with your self, hit the ball it bounces back, same ball.

ScaringChildren
11-10-2018, 03:52 PM
You're the one that called President Trump a homosexual with an analogy, not me. Don't be weak.

Do you ever get tired of saying weak?

Serious question

Raev
11-10-2018, 03:56 PM

Yet another zero-content post brought to you by Ahlgador, improving his own record to 73 in a row!

Ahldagor
11-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Do you ever get tired of saying weak?

Serious question

No.

Ahldagor
11-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Yet another zero-content post brought to you by Ahlgador, improving his own record to 73 in a row!

Oh, don't be weak and cherry pick after your previous post (agreed, the election wasn't a win or a loss). Franco and Mussolini were in the conversation before hand, but Mick still won't give their analysis on how those two rose to power.

Patriam1066
11-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Retaining control of the Senate is a huge win for Trump. He can continue appointing judges. The Supreme Court could easily be 7-2 by 2020; Ginsburg is on life support and Breyer is 81. And the lower Federal courts count too. He can continue to appoint Cabinet members without the Democrats obstructing them for months, especially the AG. And the Senate will block any impeachment proceedings.

Losing the House is definitely not a win, but it's not a huge loss either. Remember, the Democrats have literally no vision other than attacking Trump. If they spend all of their time trying to impeach him and look into his tax returns and such without success, all they will do is alienate the more moderate parts of their party. And if their only message is attacking Trump, and they fail to do that, then what purpose do they serve? On the contrary, now that the midterms are over and Sessions is out I think it's likely Trump goes harder in the paint with the FISA declassification and the Democrats are the ones that are hit with scandals - not to mention all of this voter fraud that is coming out.

I think at this point the Democrats' primary plan is to have Powell crash the stock market by raising interest rates to stop Trump 2020. But will it work? Somewhere in the 2000s the Democrats became the party of the rich. Most Trump voters probably don't have huge amounts of stock, and Trump may well succeed push the blame onto the Democratic House and the Fed. And crashing the American stock market will crash the Chinese stock market as well, and that will only be good for American manufacturing.

Verdict: I wouldn't call it a victory for Trump, but it's certainly not a loss either. The k-ification of American continues.

So you’re hoping for a stock market crash? The trump loyalty is ridiculous bud, America first means the country before Trump

hope this helps

Raev
11-10-2018, 04:48 PM
So you’re hoping for a stock market crash? The trump loyalty is ridiculous bud, America first means the country before Trump

hope this helps

I am not hoping for a stock market crash. I own stocks!

But think of it this way: if everyone agrees that the widening inequality between the 1% and Main Street is one of America's biggest problems, and a stock market crash would significantly reduce the wealth of the 1% while barely touching Main Street Americans, might it not actually be a good thing?

All of the communists here like to pile on Trump for the Republican tax cuts which hit the wealthy and corporations, but the reality is that the Fed's asset bubbles during the Bush II/Obama presidencies are the real driver of inequality in America.

misterbonkers
11-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Democrats in Broward County were court ordered to submit ballots by a certain time (because a judge found them guilty of election tampering in 2016).

They failed to do so.

They were also filmed stuffing ballots into various vehicles in a dimly lit alley.

And yet you continue to defend these people.

i'm feeling generous today, so i'll bite the bait for once and say [citation needed]

eagerly awaiting a link that isn't from a biased source, because all i can find is one where she destroyed preserved ballots early (https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sb-broward-elections-supervisor-broke-law-snipes-canova-20180514-story.html). and if you argue they were tampered (your words) with, where's the evidence? she wasn't found guilty of tampering, so please, enlighten me

ScaringChildren
11-10-2018, 05:17 PM
i'm feeling generous today, so i'll bite the bait for once and say [citation needed]

eagerly awaiting a link that isn't from a biased source, because all i can find is one where she destroyed preserved ballots early (https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sb-broward-elections-supervisor-broke-law-snipes-canova-20180514-story.html). and if you argue they were tampered (your words) with, where's the evidence? she wasn't found guilty of tampering, so please, enlighten me

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sb-broward-elections-supervisor-broke-law-snipes-canova-20180514-story.html

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/11/09/judge-orders-broward-elections-chief-to-turn-over-vote-counts-to-scotts-campaign/

And the video:

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobile/video/news/politics/verify-video-claims-to-show-ballots-in-personal-cars-in-broward-county/77-8309018

misterbonkers
11-10-2018, 05:35 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sb-broward-elections-supervisor-broke-law-snipes-canova-20180514-story.html

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/11/09/judge-orders-broward-elections-chief-to-turn-over-vote-counts-to-scotts-campaign/

And the video:

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobile/video/news/politics/verify-video-claims-to-show-ballots-in-personal-cars-in-broward-county/77-8309018

ctrl+f finds exactly 0 mentions of the word "tamper" or "tampering" on either link you posted (one of which i linked directly, which i found while googling your claims), and the video proves 0 tampering as well. you said she was guilty of tampering, and there's no mention of it. strange. really swirls the neapolitan

Lune
11-10-2018, 06:14 PM
But think of it this way: if everyone agrees that the widening inequality between the 1% and Main Street is one of America's biggest problems, and a stock market crash would significantly reduce the wealth of the 1% while barely touching Main Street Americans, might it not actually be a good thing?

The widening inequality is due overwhelmingly to:

1. Changes in workplace culture, including declining union membership and a spineless thankfulness for employers as "givers" of jobs, rather than a job being a bilateral agreement exchanging labor for capital.
2. Globalization replacing low-medium skill, medium-high wage white collar jobs with Indian mathematicians living in shitstained teepees.
3. Tax cuts and tolerance of tax-avoidance strategies for the ultra-wealthy.

The 1% were barely affected by the recession and recent stock market crashes. They increased their share of the aggregate wealth of the United States. This is because they don't just have all their money sitting around in stocks. They are owners of real revenue-generating assets. It doesn't matter if the valuation of your S&P funds have temporarily dropped by 13% if you own the New England Patriots who netted you $74 million last year, and rents at the thousands of apartments you own nationwide have skyrocketed because none of the proles can afford housing.

JurisDictum
11-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Trump wasn't on the ballot.

This.

So the MSM tells you this is an election about Trump and you all just believe that? It really never was going to be anything but a backlash election. Whether Hilary won or Trump.

And this is why Trump winning has actually been great for progressives. Hillary would have set us back 20 years at least.

Now Trump gets the midterm and next election hate instead.

And make no mistake, the hate is coming. As some have noted, "the economy" predicts how the party in power will be viewed....this was a lot more accurate back in the days before Reagan and the neo-liberal order.

Ever since we started caring more about inflation than workers and employment, the MSM definition of how "the economy" is doing, has had very little impact on most Americans.

They all own stocks and have good jobs so they don't understand this. When they finally figure it out -- they just get defensive and act like its the other party's fault.

ScaringChildren
11-10-2018, 06:41 PM
ctrl+f finds exactly 0 mentions of the word "tamper" or "tampering" on either link you posted (one of which i linked directly, which i found while googling your claims), and the video proves 0 tampering as well. you said she was guilty of tampering, and there's no mention of it. strange. really swirls the neapolitan

And there's more... (https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article221452655.html)

She destroyed ballots. Is that not tampering?

There is so much misconduct here that it's essentially tampering with ballots.

Raev
11-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Lune, I barely know where to start. As you read this post, please forget everything you 'learned' from your Marxist professors.

First, a company (and therefore stock in said company) is the definition of a 'real revenue generating asset' as most companies pay dividends, or buy back shares which increases the stock price and is functionally equivalent.

Second, when the Fed increases its balance sheet, it increases the amount of money in circulation. In a bull market, no one wants to have cash when they could own real assets that are appreciating. But every sale just transfers this 'hot potato' money from one owner to the next. This drives prices up for all assets, whether it's stocks, real estate, bonds (remember for a bond a higher price is a lower interest rate), artwork, you name it.

Third, are you not aware that the S&P has completely recovered, and is in fact at nearly twice its peak at the dot com boom? And **30 times** higher than it was at the start of the 1980s bull market? According to Gallup (https://news.gallup.com/poll/211052/stock-ownership-down-among-older-higher-income.aspx) only 20% of the bottom quintile own stocks. Even people like me that do relatively well still earn most of our money from our labor. But the 1% see their wealth change directly in proportion to the value of real assets. It doesn't take a genius to see that pumping all of those assets by a factor of two with low interest rates 'because we need to stimulate the economy' will massively favor the ultra wealthy. And this, ultimately, is why Trump is president.

Wonkie
11-10-2018, 06:52 PM
is today qmas eve?

ScaringChildren
11-10-2018, 06:55 PM
is today qmas eve?

Q is just a random anon fucking with gullible Trump supporters.

I'd wish they'd learn that. It's embarrassing.

Wonkie
11-10-2018, 07:03 PM
Q is just a random anon fucking with gullible Trump supporters.

I'd wish they'd learn that. It's embarrassing.

just tell me what's sposed to happen tomorrow so I can understand the melties

JurisDictum
11-10-2018, 07:07 PM
Lune, I barely know where to start. As you read this post, please forget everything you 'learned' from your Marxist professors.

First, a company (and therefore stock in said company) is the definition of a 'real revenue generating asset' as most companies pay dividends, or buy back shares which increases the stock price and is functionally equivalent.

Second, when the Fed increases its balance sheet, it increases the amount of money in circulation. In a bull market, no one wants to have cash when they could own real assets that are appreciating. But every sale just transfers this 'hot potato' money from one owner to the next. This drives prices up for all assets, whether it's stocks, real estate, bonds (remember for a bond a higher price is a lower interest rate), artwork, you name it.

Third, are you not aware that the S&P has completely recovered, and is in fact at nearly twice its peak at the dot com boom? And **30 times** higher than it was at the start of the 1980s bull market? According to Gallup (https://news.gallup.com/poll/211052/stock-ownership-down-among-older-higher-income.aspx) only 20% of the bottom quintile own stocks. Even people like me that do relatively well still earn most of our money from our labor. But the 1% see their wealth change directly in proportion to the value of real assets. It doesn't take a genius to see that pumping all of those assets by a factor of two with low interest rates 'because we need to stimulate the economy' will massively favor the ultra wealthy. And this, ultimately, is why Trump is president.

Yea, we just need to tell the over 50% of Americans that live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford a $2000 emergancy this, that should get Trump in 2020

:rolleyes:

Ahldagor
11-10-2018, 09:19 PM

So pedantic, so avoiding the point of reality. Why? Are you paid to shill this bullshit? That hot potato with debt derivatives really works, lemme tell ya.

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 09:21 PM
trump gonna lowe rmy taxes 10% and thats for Me cus he loves us, god bless him.

Ahldagor
11-10-2018, 09:29 PM
trump gonna lowe rmy taxes 10% and thats for Me cus he loves us, god bless him.

Proportional to income, so a scool teacher in Indiana will get an extra tank of gas every year. Or whatever state Ryan used in his powerpoint poster in the congressional floor.

mickmoranis
11-10-2018, 10:04 PM
School teacher problems not Trump's problem. You had you chance to fix that for 8 years and nothing so can't complain now.

Ahldagor
11-11-2018, 12:31 AM
School teacher problems not Trump's problem. You had you chance to fix that for 8 years and nothing so can't complain now.

Not a political division issue. Education funding has been cut for the past 30 years. Maybe more. Ties into your notion of psychological help and education in the politics thread. Takes funding to enact these things, so where's it going to come from.

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 12:33 AM
I'm thinking that you think Trump's going to do any of that is like thinking he's going to start speaking the way you want him to.

Democrats could do this change locally States like California Washington I mean there's a ton of them New York they all could be doing these things but they don't. if you want these things to be done it has to be done by democrats and it has to be done in their states and if you wanted to change you've got to talk to them not to Trump.

Wonkie
11-11-2018, 12:34 AM
I'm thinking that you think Trump's going to do any of that is like thinking he's going to start speaking the way you want him to.

Democrats could do this change locally States like California Washington I mean there's a ton of them New York they all could be doing these things but they don't. if you want these things to be done it has to be done by democrats and it has to be done in their states and if you wanted to change you've got to talk to them not to Trump.

who do I talk to if I want Trump to smb?

Ahldagor
11-11-2018, 12:51 AM

Your thinking is off. Federal level will always pander to business interest with the best interest of the nation being damned. State's rights only extend to the point of where interstate business interest isn't infringed upon, see: FCC being complicit in net neutrality removals, saying states can enact their own regulations, states enact net neutrality regulations, FCC chair Pai screeches autistically at states doing what he explicitly said they could, businesses file suit with the support of the FCC to stop net neutrality laws at the state level (commerce clause will come into play and the American people, consumers, will likely be fucked). Businesses controlling a privatized back door government regulation (controlling information via the internet for the government based upon a person's ability to pay (poor v rich) for better internet access or access to specific websites) is akin to insurance requirements on firearms in that the first amendment would be infringed upon due to access being based upon income as with what you had said that no insurance regulation for the ownership of guns could be constitutional due to a financial burden upon the citizen.

Wonkie
11-11-2018, 01:23 AM
yeah "letting states decide" is always a trap and ends up fucking us

Full Posadism Now

Ahldagor
11-11-2018, 01:36 AM
yeah "letting states decide" is always a trap and ends up fucking us

Full Posadism Now

Oh, let me play with the weakling for a while.

misterbonkers
11-11-2018, 06:16 AM
And there's more... (https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article221452655.html)

She destroyed ballots. Is that not tampering?

There is so much misconduct here that it's essentially tampering with ballots.

nope, that's her job. the only issue was that it was done prematurely, which isn't tampering unless you can prove the preservations don't align with the originals

AzzarTheGod
11-11-2018, 06:27 AM
the personal income tax has gotta go its just to keep people in their place.

taxes need to be levied on those not living check to check

ScaringChildren
11-11-2018, 08:08 AM
nope, that's her job. the only issue was that it was done prematurely, which isn't tampering unless you can prove the preservations don't align with the originals

How about threatening journalists with jail time if they try to monitor the recount process, which led to NBC News suing and getting a judge to rule that it was legal for journalists to view the recount process? (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/11/10/what-the-hell-broward-and-palm-beach-counties-ignore-court-ruling-on-vote-counts-n2535700)

Is that her job?

Certainly she has nothing to hide, right?

Cecily
11-11-2018, 09:20 AM
I remember there being signs of no video recording / cameras allowed when I went to vote. Whole thing seems like a lot of adults lacking healthy ways to express their frustration screeching to me.

ScaringChildren
11-11-2018, 09:45 AM
I remember there being signs of no video recording / cameras allowed when I went to vote. Whole thing seems like a lot of adults lacking healthy ways to express their frustration screeching to me.

This is the recount process. Totally different thing.

Government officials threatening to arrest journalists is not something to be concerned about?

NBC News had to get a judge to say it was okay.

You guys constantly screech about "fascism", and yet you ignore this? Lol

Cecily
11-11-2018, 09:51 AM
I’ve actually been depressed, not due to politics, on the couch since Election Day. All I know from that point there’s a bunch of hand flapping republicans in FL atm and that California is on fire.

California being on fire is sad, but Caitlin Jenner’s house burnt down so I’m ok with it.

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 10:39 AM
This is the recount process. Totally different thing.

Government officials threatening to arrest journalists is not something to be concerned about?

NBC News had to get a judge to say it was okay.

You guys constantly screech about "fascism", and yet you ignore this? Lol

they literally Screech about the president kicking a journalist out of the White House two days ago, but not this.

BECAUSE THEY JUST ORANGE MAN BAD.

They're not the Patriots they say they are.

Wonkie
11-11-2018, 10:41 AM
merry Qmas to all

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 10:41 AM
I’ve actually been depressed, not due to politics, on the couch since Election Day. All I know from that point there’s a bunch of hand flapping republicans in FL atm and that California is on fire.

California being on fire is sad, but Caitlin Jenner’s house burnt down so I’m ok with it.

California is always on fire.

I don't think Trump pointing that out is going to win him any friends though.

People who believe in witchcraft will think it's global warming.

It's bad forest management.

Wonkie
11-11-2018, 10:43 AM
California is always on fire.

I don't think Trump pointing that out is going to win him any friends though.

what's bad about it?

JurisDictum
11-11-2018, 10:43 AM
the personal income tax has gotta go its just to keep people in their place.

taxes need to be levied on those not living check to check

If Republicans actually believed their own BS -- they would have eliminated taxes for the working middle and poor a long time ago. Not to mention they would have targeted income tax for cuts....not god damn capital gains.

JurisDictum
11-11-2018, 11:25 AM

There is a point here buried in Mick's denialism. That when it comes down to it -- there are faster and more effective ways to stop the forest from burning down every year than trying to reverse the GLOBAL trend of GLOBAL warming.

It's one thing to be like: "god damn bugs on my porch -- its probably global warming" -- and then use some damn bug spray. But if I sit around acting like someone is going to fix global warming so their won't be bugs on my porch is beyond retarded.

Many agree that forest fires are caused by the Forest Service putting out smaller brush burning fires and waiting until big fires get started. Some even theorize this is because once a forest is damaged from fire -- mills can use this as a pre-text for a "salvage" operation that lets them cut down wood they normally couldn't. So we should be looking here to solve the west coast forest fire problem.

When it comes to things like tornadoes, hurricanes though...pretty much at the mercy of humans' ability to tackle global warming.

misterbonkers
11-11-2018, 12:06 PM
How about threatening journalists with jail time if they try to monitor the recount process, which led to NBC News suing and getting a judge to rule that it was legal for journalists to view the recount process? (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/11/10/what-the-hell-broward-and-palm-beach-counties-ignore-court-ruling-on-vote-counts-n2535700)

Is that her job?

Certainly she has nothing to hide, right?

your whataboutism avoiding the point of the original accusation of tampering means you get nothing. you lose, good day sir.

ScaringChildren
11-11-2018, 12:08 PM
your whataboutism avoiding the point of the original accusation of tampering means you get nothing. you lose, good day sir.

That isn't whataboutism, ya retard.

The fact that you can't defend her really means I won. Good day, sir.

Keep supporting fascism :)

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 12:11 PM
When it comes to things like tornadoes, hurricanes though...pretty much at the mercy of humans' ability to tackle global warming.

so tornadoes are caused by global warming.

seems legit.

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 12:12 PM

whataboutism is totally fair

its totally fair to be like hey for 16 years we said fox news is fake news and its hurting our democracy

but then to be like

CNN IS NOT FAKE NEWS LEAVE THEM ALONE ITS NOT POSSIBLE FOR NEWS TO BE FAKE

means its totally fair to be like

uh after 16 years I started listening to you and now you totally flipped like a magnet

Patriam1066
11-11-2018, 12:31 PM
so tornadoes are caused by global warming.

seems legit.

Global climate patterns are relevant in the frequency and intensity of tornadoes

Hope this helps

misterbonkers
11-11-2018, 12:43 PM
That isn't whataboutism, ya retard.

The fact that you can't defend her really means I won. Good day, sir.

Keep supporting fascism :)

why am i going to defend someone completely different than the person we've been discussing? try reading the article next time

ScaringChildren
11-11-2018, 12:52 PM
why am i going to defend someone completely different than the person we've been discussing? try reading the article next time

No, it's happening in Broward County too. (https://twitter.com/DanNBC6/status/1060957367364411393?s=20)

Also, if she was "just doing her job", then why would she lose a court case and be court ordered to do her job correctly?

misterbonkers
11-11-2018, 01:09 PM
No, it's happening in Broward County too. (https://twitter.com/DanNBC6/status/1060957367364411393?s=20)

Also, if she was "just doing her job", then why would she lose a court case and be court ordered to do her job correctly?

how is that "threatening journalists with jail time"

the court case was about them being destroyed early. keyword early. it's entirely within her job description to handle the destruction of ballots.

ScaringChildren
11-11-2018, 01:14 PM
how is that "threatening journalists with jail time"

the court case was about them being destroyed early. keyword early. it's entirely within her job description to handle the destruction of ballots.

Do you not see the police blocking the journalists?

Also, her job is not to destroy ballots early.

That is not her job. That's illegal as fuck.

misterbonkers
11-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Do you not see the police blocking the journalists?

Also, her job is not to destroy ballots early.

That is not her job. That's illegal as fuck.

and they got let in not long after that tweet (https://twitter.com/DanNBC6/status/1060967307189645319)

and i agree, so does the court. i never claimed otherwise. what's your point?

Raev
11-11-2018, 01:41 PM
If Republicans actually believed their own BS -- they would have eliminated taxes for the working middle and poor a long time ago. Not to mention they would have targeted income tax for cuts....not god damn capital gains.

Let's be real here: the poor and even quite some of the middle class are already in net negative tax territory when you add in the social net benefits. Romney may have lost the election, but he wasn't wrong when he said that having over 50% of voters be net tax recipients is a recipe for disaster, and it's been well known for quite some time:

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the canidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.

In your opinion, would 0% up to $50K, 15% after that, no deductions, and you can't vote if you don't pay at least 5% of your income in taxes? Remember, if the remaining taxpayers vote for candidates that cut benefits, there will be more net tax payers voting.

Ahldagor
11-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Let's be real here: the poor and even quite some of the middle class are already in net negative tax territory when you add in the social net benefits. Romney may have lost the election, but he wasn't wrong when he said that having over 50% of voters be net tax recipients is a recipe for disaster, and it's been well known for quite some time:

In your opinion, would 0% up to $50K, 15% after that, no deductions, and you can't vote if you don't pay at least 5% of your income in taxes? Remember, if the remaining taxpayers vote for candidates that cut benefits, there will be more net tax payers voting.

US is a constitutional republic and poll taxes are unconstitutional.

Lune
11-11-2018, 01:53 PM

The nature of the free market is to concentrate more and more wealth among those who already have the most capital. It's far easier to earn $100k when you have $10 million than it is when you only have $100k. It's only right to concentrate taxes there as well, to counteract that force, less we descend into aristocracy / gilded age robber barony.

That sounds great to me.

Wonkie
11-11-2018, 03:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gQK24XB.jpg

JurisDictum
11-11-2018, 03:16 PM

Here's the problem with that measurement. It doesn't capture the fact that incomes and business opportunity influenced by the federal government (basically everything to varying degrees) have a huge impact on the wage people earn in America.

There are quite a few people -- right now -- that used to pay more tax than they recieve from transfers, that now do not because of international trade agreements.

You recognize the danger that people can vote to tax income that isn't theirs and use that money for things that benefit themselves. But seem completely ignorant of the fact that people can (often behind the scenes in congressional committees) use the government to make sure they are the ones with more income in the first place, or that others have less.

Wonkie
11-11-2018, 03:21 PM
Here's the problem with that measurement. It doesn't capture the fact that incomes and business opportunity influenced by the federal government (basically everything to varying degrees) have a huge impact on the wage people earn in America.

There are quite a few people -- right now -- that used to pay more tax than they recieve from transfers, that now do not because of international trade agreements.

You recognize the danger that people can vote to tax income that isn't theirs and use that money for things that benefit themselves. But seem completely ignorant of the fact that people can (often behind the scenes in congressional committees) use the government to make sure they are the ones with more income in the first place, or that others have less.

whereas, free trade is a tax evasion scheme,

Nexii
11-11-2018, 03:26 PM

Even capital gains are kind of a lost cause IMO. Need more taxes on wealth (stocks, property) otherwise the gap will widen forever

ScaringChildren
11-11-2018, 03:26 PM
and they got let in not long after that tweet (https://twitter.com/DanNBC6/status/1060967307189645319)

and i agree, so does the court. i never claimed otherwise. what's your point?

Yeah, they had to get a fucking judge to let them in lol

You don't agree. You were saying it was her job.

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Global climate patterns are relevant in the frequency and intensity of tornadoes

Hope this helps

it doesnt thats not what he said, nor did I say that it doesnt.

l2read

misterbonkers
11-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Yeah, they had to get a fucking judge to let them in lol

You don't agree. You were saying it was her job.

you wanna source that claim?

and i do agree it was illegal, she destroyed ballots before she was legally allowed to. had they been destroyed 10 months later, it would be perfectly legal, because that's part of her job. is that also tampering in your perspective?

ScaringChildren
11-11-2018, 04:20 PM
you wanna source that claim?

Does your Leftist media shield you from this information or something? (https://twitter.com/MarissaNBC6/status/1061057823952592896?s=20)

misterbonkers
11-11-2018, 04:38 PM
Does your Leftist media shield you from this information or something? (https://twitter.com/MarissaNBC6/status/1061057823952592896?s=20)

palm beach county isn't broward county

also, unlike you, i don't follow the news, i don't really give a shit about any of this. but proving you wrong over and over again fills some perverted need to be right i tend to suppress elsewhere and i hate myself all the more for it

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 04:48 PM
havent clicked any links, but based on what ive seen it looks like SC has been dunking on you for like 2 pages.

misterbonkers
11-11-2018, 04:56 PM
havent clicked any links

you'd realize how far off the mark he is if you read the articles he linked, it's crystal clear he read headlines and jumped to conclusions that make 0 sense

i can't tell whether posting here is masochistic or sadistic for me anymore

maybe both

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 05:06 PM
seriouslly though why do democrats talk about corruption but think democrat leadership that hides from cameras and the press is not corruption?

https://twitter.com/MarissaNBC6/status/1060959817878118401

you'd realize how far off the mark he is if you read the articles he linked, it's crystal clear he read headlines and jumped to conclusions that make 0 sense

i can't tell whether posting here is masochistic or sadistic for me anymore

maybe both

I think you have a case of the "partisans"

Cecily
11-11-2018, 05:09 PM
There’s very fine people on both sides.

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 05:12 PM
There’s very fine people on both sides.

who cares about the people?

the issue that I have with people who fill the void in their lives the 1990's american escape from religion with politics left in them, is

they will shout and shout and shout about how there is corruption (on the other side)

but when someone points out something they can fix in their own party they just say "nah"

screw fine people, who cares about fine people? Everyone here knows there are fine people on both sides.

The problem is with the PARTY and its PLATFORM and the platform for the democratic party is identical to the republican party.

To gain and maintain control of our political system.

To not admit that the democrats are just as corrupt as the republicans is to be a political religious zealot

ScaringChildren
11-11-2018, 05:51 PM
palm beach county isn't broward county

also, unlike you, i don't follow the news, i don't really give a shit about any of this. but proving you wrong over and over again fills some perverted need to be right i tend to suppress elsewhere and i hate myself all the more for it

I was talking about Palm Beach, you idiot.

Broward let journalists in as soon as Palm Beach got the shit smacked out of them by the judge.

Sonderbeast
11-11-2018, 05:58 PM
who cares about the people?

the issue that I have with people who fill the void in their lives the 1990's american escape from religion with politics left in them, is

they will shout and shout and shout about how there is corruption (on the other side)

but when someone points out something they can fix in their own party they just say "nah"

screw fine people, who cares about fine people? Everyone here knows there are fine people on both sides.

The problem is with the PARTY and its PLATFORM and the platform for the democratic party is identical to the republican party.

To gain and maintain control of our political system.

To not admit that the democrats are just as corrupt as the republicans is to be a political religious zealot

You're breaking character here but 100% with you. :)

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 06:07 PM
the sad thing is the average democrat has turned into the minority base of the republican

its now less fake news to say trump is a russian spy than it is to say obama is a muslim

infact its TRUE that he is, if you ask the 'average' democrat

how sad.

you could have asked the average republican if obama was a muslim and theyd laugh in your face.

Sonderbeast
11-11-2018, 06:18 PM
and we're back

Ahldagor
11-11-2018, 06:22 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GjNbvfX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Sonderbeast
11-11-2018, 06:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/PNka7sh.jpg

ScaringChildren
11-11-2018, 06:30 PM
Dinosaurs are real gay

Mead
11-11-2018, 06:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Xlm8GXf.gif

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 06:43 PM
science is the most ungodly horrific endevor mankind has ever endevord and I mean it

science will bring about the mass extinction of mankind

it already creatred global warming

it creates ways for us to kill each other before we're even born

it will create something soon that will destroy us all

its in revelations

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 06:45 PM
and we're back

but im right though you know this its objectively true

I could take the most pragmatic democrat

ask if russia rigged our election

and they will say yes.

You couldn't do that ever with obama, kenya and a republican.

Mead
11-11-2018, 06:45 PM
science is the most ungodly horrific endevor mankind has ever endevord and I mean it

science will bring about the mass extinction of mankind

it already creatred global warming

it creates ways for us to kill each other before we're even born

it will create something soon that will destroy us all

its in revelations

how many mood stabilizer and blood pressure meds are you on bub?

go take a vacation or something

mickmoranis
11-11-2018, 06:48 PM
how many mood stabilizer and blood pressure meds are you on bub?

go take a vacation or something

idk u sound more upset than me YOINKS

Mead
11-11-2018, 06:53 PM

yea

Sonderbeast
11-11-2018, 06:56 PM

GOTEM lololol troll lvl 9001 xx420noscope6969xx

America
11-11-2018, 07:09 PM