PDA

View Full Version : I'm a 57 Shaman That Wants to Solo but Hates Root Rotting, Any Good Slow Tank Spots?

Diabolic2442
11-05-2018, 03:50 PM
I'm a 57 shaman with epic who has very sporadic play time so I prefer to just solo. I've been root rotting PoM rats or WL Geo's but I don't think I can handle root rotting any more(it's just very boring/keeping timers on 3-4+ mobs isn't fun). I could slow tank PoM rats with slow, epic, JBB spam, pet atk which seems to do "ok" but wondering if anyone has any better spots or ideas?

feniin
11-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Not really anything easier for the xp than PoM rats.

Dolalin
11-05-2018, 04:22 PM
Could try LDCs in Sol B, still blue at 59.

Or spiders in velks.

loramin
11-05-2018, 04:58 PM
The Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature) is full of ideas for places to fight, and since I compiled most of them (and I'm a Shaman) that means there's even more Shaman spots than there are for other classes.

Personally I did HS basement a lot around that level, but I'm pretty sure I mostly root/rotted, so you'll likely want to go somewhere else..

Teppler
11-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Drolvargs in karnors should still be blue and you get get buffs from people in zone.

Supaskillz
11-05-2018, 05:54 PM
I think you can slow tank most things you can root rot. Probably the level of mobs you fight caps a little lower with the slow tank approach. HS entrance (basement if you make sure to have pet take the HT), LDCs, PoM forest or rat tunnels would be my considerations. I doubt you will find a better spot than PoM though.

More importantly get to lvl 60, then all you will do is slow tank with torpor :)

loramin
11-05-2018, 06:19 PM
I think you can slow tank most things you can root rot.

While this is probably true to a degree, certain mobs are definitely more suited to one style or the other. For instance, high melee damage, low HP mobs are ideal for root/rotting. You can tank them, but they will do so much damage and make you use up so much mana healing yourself that you'll wind up way worse off at the end of the fight.

As I remember it, the mobs in HS basement were like that: they just did too much melee damage to be worth tanking.

Nikkanu
11-05-2018, 07:53 PM
LDCs and Freeti Mobs in SolB

bomaroast
11-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Velketors spiders is boring tank and spank city for a late 50s shaman.