PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Immortal

Grubbz
11-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Trailer has 70k dislikes on youtube, yeah blizzard way to fuck your loyal fanbase over.

America
11-02-2018, 06:20 PM
why would u care / follow blizzared games in 2018 dog. shits mad gay lol

Mblake1981
11-02-2018, 06:20 PM
The fallout of the PC Vs. Console war over a decade ago (console won btw)

Mead
11-02-2018, 06:39 PM
The fallout of the PC Vs. Console war over a decade ago (console won btw)

https://i.imgur.com/MlFNsm1.gif

Ahldagor
11-02-2018, 06:45 PM
What's this about?

America
11-02-2018, 06:46 PM
there's a diabro phone game. people are mad about this, because they have been streaming blizz con and getting mario tattoos since their youth and havent yet come to terms with their inner chinsiness

Ahldagor
11-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Lol, phone game? Makes sense business wise tho'. Blizz will see if it pans out.

Mblake1981
11-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Lol, phone game? Makes sense business wise tho'. Blizz will see if it pans out.

Yep, probably do well.

Wonkie
11-02-2018, 07:00 PM
there's a diabro phone game. people are mad about this, because they have been streaming blizz con and getting mario tattoos since their youth and havent yet come to terms with their inner chinsiness

i used to watch(steal) the cosplay and the dance thing. i think they got rid of it when the kid broke his leg.

misterbonkers
11-03-2018, 02:15 AM
it's a rip-off of a rip-off (https://youtu.be/2-SLvqXyrI4)

AzzarTheGod
11-03-2018, 05:18 AM

Yeah its not even a blizzard game. it was outsourced to a chinese company lul and reskinned by chinese artists.

el lamo los lmao ha ha

Ahldagor
11-03-2018, 11:31 AM

Lol. This is getting juicier.

Achromatic
11-04-2018, 02:16 AM
Trailer has 70k dislikes on youtube, yeah blizzard way to fuck your loyal fanbase over.

Hi Grubbz,

You buy a game, play it, and ideally the company gives you support through the course of the game's life cycle. The end. They don't owe you anything after that. That's the end of the transaction. Blizzard isn't forcing you to buy a new game.

They didn't take your livelihood away from you, fuck your wife, kill your dog, and/or invade your country. They didn't fuck you or anyone else over literally or figuratively with this business decision.

Please remove your head out of your anus.

Warm regards,

JurisDictum
11-04-2018, 02:35 AM
I wouldn't say D3:I fucking anyone over. It is a disappointment though. I thought we were at least going to get a Druid class or something.

I'm starting to highly distrust even a glimmer of hype these days. It's like being psychologically tortured at this point. They get you going just to crap in your open hands.

katrik
11-04-2018, 02:43 AM
I just sort of think its sad that a company that prided themselves on knowing what their fans wanted and not rushing out a product is putting out a mobile game nobody wants, that's not even being created by them. Huge slap in the face for fans. My BFF literally called me pitching a fit. They deserve all the bad publicity, they fucked up.

NegaStoat
11-04-2018, 02:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_XBvg7Lw2k

The 4:00 minute mark about it being only a mobile game was entertaining. Especially when they insult the player base for wanting an actual game that they can use their 4k resolution monitors with and their actual gaming hardware.

The 7:50 mark is what stole the show. I think it was at this exact moment that the poor people on stage really realized that fans of Blizzard games have expectations and that pretty much NO ONE that shelled out money to actually attend a Blizzcon were interested in Mobile games. In other news, Classic WoW is dead on arrival. Blizz's modern hardware can't handle more than 40 people in the same place in Battle For Azerroth, and they doubled down on insisting that Sharding will be present after the launch of the servers to relieve stress on the hardware. Open world PvP fights at stranglethorn, hillsbrad, and blackrock spire with hundreds of players fighting on both sides = not happening. Sometimes a part of history just remains history.

misterbonkers
11-04-2018, 03:01 AM
Hi Grubbz,

You buy a game, play it, and ideally the company gives you support through the course of the game's life cycle. The end. They don't owe you anything after that. That's the end of the transaction. Blizzard isn't forcing you to buy a new game.

They didn't take your livelihood away from you, fuck your wife, kill your dog, and/or invade your country. They didn't fuck you or anyone else over literally or figuratively with this business decision.

Please remove your head out of your anus.

Warm regards,

dumb argument when they put on an entire convention that is effectively just a big advertisement for their games. and charge you for it just to even watch a stream of it. they're in the business of selling expectations and "hype" just as much as the games themselves. people were disappointed with what they got, and have every right to be.

FatherSioux
11-04-2018, 08:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_XBvg7Lw2k

The 4:00 minute mark about it being only a mobile game was entertaining. Especially when they insult the player base for wanting an actual game that they can use their 4k resolution monitors with and their actual gaming hardware.

The 7:50 mark is what stole the show. I think it was at this exact moment that the poor people on stage really realized that fans of Blizzard games have expectations and that pretty much NO ONE that shelled out money to actually attend a Blizzcon were interested in Mobile games. In other news, Classic WoW is dead on arrival. Blizz's modern hardware can't handle more than 40 people in the same place in Battle For Azerroth, and they doubled down on insisting that Sharding will be present after the launch of the servers to relieve stress on the hardware. Open world PvP fights at stranglethorn, hillsbrad, and blackrock spire with hundreds of players fighting on both sides = not happening. Sometimes a part of history just remains history.

All of your takes on WoW Classic are wrong. Listen to what they said in regards to sharding.

Nexii
11-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Blizzard hasn't released an AAA title in 10 years - WotLK expansion for WoW being the last. Expecting them to be what they once were is sadly naive.

JurisDictum
11-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Blizzard hasn't released an AAA title in 10 years - WotLK expansion for WoW being the last. Expecting them to be what they once were is sadly naive.

I agree for the most part. But what is confusing is how they basically fixed d3 after the disaster of a launch it was. It's completely different from what it was at launch, and if the game launched in its current form -- they would not have got all the negative press.

I'm not even sure why they bothered unless they actually did care that the game disappointed people.

Nexii
11-04-2018, 03:57 PM
I played D3 a lot before and after the revamp. Probably one of the few that made it to Inferno Diablo but grinding for the necessary gear didn't seem so fun to get the kill. That it was pretty much single player also added to burnout.

Revamped was much improved but still wouldn't quite say it was an AAA title. Time attack rifts where the RNG was the random rift given. Having to run certain comps to be competitive. And even then the AAs or whatever had a huge impact when shooting for top ladder spots. Would have rather it was more in the style of D2, TBC, etc. No timers and just difficult/challenging content to progress through.

America
11-04-2018, 04:01 PM
game never stopped sucking. grimdark inv management with no amazon no druid heeehe

overwatch is fun tardtrash at least. i might reinstall it if i needed a game to play while drinking solvent (i didnt buy my license for d3 or ow btw, i'm very pure. i bought sc2 tho :o)

Nexii
11-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Yea that was the worst of D3. Been awhile so I forgot how bad it was. WoW went the same way. It was like pixel diabeetus. A little bit of pixels is fine but when you shower everyone all the time it loses its addictiveness.

America
11-04-2018, 04:06 PM
warcraft 3 is the last good blizz game, and arguably vanilla wow. step to my rehashed opinions nerds

misterbonkers
11-04-2018, 04:20 PM
d3 eventually became playable and it's a good zen game but I feel like it still doesn't compare to d2. but I think adding a time element to rifts is good though, being able to cheese with kite strats over long periods breaks any semblance of challenge. stack pots and have a scroll ready and you're never in danger.

being a former gm for wow, that game died with cataclysm. legion was playable but eventually turned into dripfeed content hell. pay us 15 bucks a month so you can get a 20 second cutscene once a week. abysmal, but at least the team that did it (same team that fixed d3) made a good breadth of content early on, but you can tell they got moved again after 7.1

AzzarTheGod
11-04-2018, 04:55 PM
game never stopped sucking. grimdark inv management with no amazon no druid heeehe

overwatch is fun tardtrash at least. i might reinstall it if i needed a game to play while drinking solvent (i didnt buy my license for d3 or ow btw, i'm very pure. i bought sc2 tho :o)

game was placed on life support after necromancer paywall class flopped.

they spent all this money and put an entire team on the necro class, cost them millions.

its in the red. nobody was around to buy it.

gotta strike while the irons hot kids.

ScaringChildren
11-04-2018, 05:00 PM
People are actually mad at Blizzard because they released it on mobile and only women play mobile games, so everyone who is mad right now just hate women and do not want women to play Diablo or any video game.

That's what this is really about.

ScaringChildren
11-05-2018, 10:09 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vhMdljY.jpg

Nexii
11-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Sounds like Star Wars TLJ all over again. Let's blame politics rather than bad product

NegaStoat
11-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Diversity Hires in an entertainment media company blaming Trump for bad product reviews from consumers. I'm absolutely shocked.

Gilder
11-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Personally I think Diablo hype is gone and never coming back. D3 took it in into the realm of fantasy, when they should have doubled down on the whole gothic thing, right as Dark Souls/Bloodborne was getting popular with people.

AzzarTheGod
11-05-2018, 05:06 PM
Personally I think Diablo hype is gone and never coming back. D3 took it in into the realm of fantasy, when they should have doubled down on the whole gothic thing, right as Dark Souls/Bloodborne was getting popular with people.

Well said. People forget how huge Dark Souls/Bloodborne was.

Everyone warned Blizzard that the atmosphere of the game was too candy land for the franchise. Diablo is supposed to be an R rated atmosphere and they turned it into PG.

Nexii
11-05-2018, 05:08 PM

Could say the same with Warcraft really. WCI/WCII had far better lore when it was darker and more grim. Even if it was simpler in presentation and not as developed back then.

AzzarTheGod
11-05-2018, 05:12 PM
Could say the same with Warcraft really. WCI/WCII had far better lore when it was darker and more grim. Even if it was simpler in presentation and not as developed back then.

No comparison. Diablo was teetering toward X rated. I was told to remove the game from my house.

Which I of course did not.

Gilder
11-05-2018, 05:16 PM
No comparison. Diablo was teetering toward X rated. I was told to remove the game from my house.

Which I of course did not.

Agreed, the first Diablo was VASTLY different from the second one. I remember not wanting the game to be found out or seen by anyone when I wasn't playing it. It felt like having a satanic bible installed on your computer.

Diablo 2 did not inspire that same feeling.

Diablo 3 I barely recognized, but played, despite feeling like "This game kinda sucks... but it's easy... so I guess I'll play a little bit more and see if it improves."

America
11-05-2018, 05:17 PM
blizz is disneypixar aimed at teens instead of preteens for 10+yrs. open your gullet and drink the ur1ne if ur still following the releases haha

can get a good NUT to those cartoon tiddies in overwatch doe. draws in a lot of radio edit

AzzarTheGod
11-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Agreed, the first Diablo was VASTLY different from the second one. I remember not wanting the game to be found out or seen by anyone when I wasn't playing it. It felt like having a satanic bible installed on your computer.

Diablo 2 did not inspire that same feeling.

Diablo 3 I barely recognized, but played, despite feeling like "This game kinda sucks... but it's easy... so I guess I'll play a little bit more and see if it improves."

D2 still had that surreal eerie atmosphere, but it was mostly carried by the soundtrack. The soundtrack was so fucking good.

But in line with what you are saying, with the differences. Yes it was because D2 introduced "relief" points to the franchise, where you felt relief from the dark atmosphere. You had a stressful period and then in Act 2 you felt like Ahhh whew relieved. I sort of liked that.

I expected D3 to follow D2, where you had super dark R rated horror atmospheres followed by "relief" points to play on your emotional strings. Everyone thought the D3 preview was just the "relief points" and that darker more gothic elements weren't being showcased to the public yet.

When that didn't happen, and the so-called "relief points" were actually just the entire game in D3, we did like America and forgot about the whole thing.

JurisDictum
11-05-2018, 06:14 PM
D2 still had that surreal eerie atmosphere, but it was mostly carried by the soundtrack. The soundtrack was so fucking good.

But in line with what you are saying, with the differences. Yes it was because D2 introduced "relief" points to the franchise, where you felt relief from the dark atmosphere. You had a stressful period and then in Act 2 you felt like Ahhh whew relieved. I sort of liked that.

I expected D3 to follow D2, where you had super dark R rated horror atmospheres followed by "relief" points to play on your emotional strings. Everyone thought the D3 preview was just the "relief points" and that darker more gothic elements weren't being showcased to the public yet.

When that didn't happen, and the so-called "relief points" were actually just the entire game in D3, we did like America and forgot about the whole thing.

While this is true. Diablo 3 has a very different feel from diablo 1 or even diablo 2... I don't think it was a huge factor in causing the drama that followed diablo 3s release. Basically everything was going good for a month or so then --

Plop. Everyone hit the Inferno wall. Only wizards and DH was viable -- and you would kite insta killing mobs for good rare drops....

So that's pretty bad right there from a game play standpoint. But hell, They could work with it. Maybe adjust the difficulty so it transitions a bit more smoothly. Maybe do the greater rift or rift idea that was already out in other games before release.

But here's what really destroyed the game.

Blizzard put in a real money auction hall. Then, they fudged the items that you need as far as drop rate goes. They balanced the drop rate for the auction hall. So that globally in the diablo 3 universe, there wouldn't be too many good items and people could keep selling DH bows for 200 USD.

Then when people bitched about it, the very next patch they upped the cost of repairing your items so that you would slowly lose money playing Inferno. This is after people were already complaining that they were losing too much money playing Inferno.

After that, Jay Wilson got extremely unpopular with the fan base. Once he was caught saying "fuck that loser" about the Blizzard North Developer -- the company basically had to reassign him. Even though it is my belief they really didn't want to and felt sorry for him as the fall guy.

What I'm trying to say is. Capitalism fucked up diablo 3. They found a way to make more money then they were off the d2 model -- charge money for items that only addicts will buy. They didn't care about the fact that it made the game mostly unplayable in the long term.

And nothing is going to make the next Diablo game good anyway -- which is why I'm not that excited about it. Because Blizzard is too big now -- and we have corporate idiots controlling game development. The short term for profit mindset is toxic for games. It doesn't create good games -- it creates shitty ones and we see a whole mass of history showing the decline of good game companies as they get bigger in the US.

Oleris
11-05-2018, 07:28 PM
I stopped playing diablo 3 when they removed the RMAH. It got rid of any incentive I had to grind and play that shitty game. I don't see how they can top Path of Exile if they want to go for the hack and slash gameplay in the future.

Hibbs
11-06-2018, 07:10 AM
Meh I'll still play it. Good game to play at work while I'm dropping turds. AmIrite?

On another note.. Blizzard was/is still working on another game for the Diablo franchise. So even though they outsourced this mobile game they are still going to release a Pc/Ps4/Switch/What ever the hell you play. One of their old developers said they screwed up royally not giving a preview of the other game they were working on at Blizzcon, and only showed off the mobile game. lol blizz lol

but what Nexii said there hasn't really been anything since Lich King. Maybe SC2

Bliz is a shit company now though. Give it a few more years and we will have WoW mobile lolol:p

Gilder
11-06-2018, 09:32 AM
Holy shit, how did I completely forget about the RM auction house.

Mead
11-06-2018, 10:00 AM
I stopped playing diablo 3 when they removed the RMAH. It got rid of any incentive I had to grind and play that shitty game. I don't see how they can top Path of Exile if they want to go for the hack and slash gameplay in the future.

D3 would have been fine if they didn't make everything no drop outside of group and remove auction house, even if it wasn't for $$. They removed the trading aspect of the game which for people such as myself is half the fun. Wilson and Pardo made terrible business decisions whether they want to believe it or not. They wanted something different and have to live with the criticism.

PoE is where it's at.

For console fans: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245855/page/1#p15926484

JurisDictum
11-23-2018, 09:55 PM
PTR PATCH 2.6.4 - v2.6.4.49286

To provide feedback on patch 2.6.4, please visit the PTR Feedback forum.
To report any issues you experience while playing, please visit the PTR Bug Report forum.
For additional information on how to participate in the PTR, click here.
General (https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3/22753282/patch-2-6-4-ptr-preview)

Quality of Life
Philosophy
For this patch, we wanted to include a few frequently requested Quality of Life changes and focused on better celebrating and indicating Primal Legendary drops.
Five (5) additional Armory tabs have been added for all characters, bringing the total to 10
Greater Rift Keystones are now stored in the Materials tab
Any existing Greater Rift Keystones in both inventory and stash have been automatically moved
Primal Legendaries are now marked by a red beam when they drop
Primal Legendaries on the ground are now indicated by a red pentagram icon on the mini-map
Primal Legendaries now have a red border and updated background on their icons

Greater Rifts

Philosophy
The gameplay of micro-managing Paragon points during the course of a Greater Rift doesn't feel like especially engaging gameplay, nor was it consistent with the other existing rules of entering a Greater Rift. In addition, the below change to matchmaking is to make it much easier for all players to find groups for Greater Rifts, as the previous window (only between Greater Rifts) is typically very small.
Paragon points can no longer be swapped while a Greater Rift is open
Players can now be matched into public games where a Greater Rift is open
Players who join in this manner will not be able to enter the active Rift
Players inside the Rift will be able to continue with no additional difficulty scaling until the run has been completed

Seasons

Season 16: Season of Grandeur
The buff for Season of Grandeur has been implemented
This buff gives all Seasonal players the legendary power from Ring of Royal Grandeur
This buff does not stack with additional Ring of Royal Grandeur (either equipped or in Kanai's Cube)
Unlike previous Seasonal buffs, this buff will not apply to Non-Seasonal players
When completing a Greater Rift level 70 solo for the first time in a Season, a Primal Legendary is guaranteed to drop from the Rift Guardian

Class Set Changes

Philosophy
We are taking another tuning pass across all class sets to improve class and set diversity at higher level Greater Rifts. Please note that these values are not final and we anticipate some adjustments to occur during the course of PTR.
All Classes
Legacy of Nightmares
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 500%
Barbarian
The Legacy of Raekor
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 2800% to 7000%
Immortal King's Call
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1500% to 4000%
Might of the Earth
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 5600% to 20000%
Wrath of the Wastes
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3000% to 10000%
Crusader
Thorns of the Invoker
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 140% to 350%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 5400% to 15000%
Roland's Legacy
The (4) Set bonus has been increased from 3300% to 13000%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 50% increased Attack Speed to 75%
Seeker of the Light
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 2000% Blessed Hammer damage to 12000%
Demon Hunter
Embodiment of the Maruader
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3000% to 12000%
Unhallowed Essence
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 350%
Natalya's Vengeance
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3500% to 14000%
The Shadow's Mantle
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 1200% to 6000%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 50000% to 75000%
Monk
Uliana's Strategem
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 2100% to 9000%
Inna's Mantra
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 150% to 1500%
Monkey King's Garb
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1000% to 1500%
Raiment of a Thousand Storms
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 400%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 13000% Dashing Strike damage to 60000%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1300% Spirit Generator damage to 6000%
Necromancer
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3300% to 3800%
Witch Doctor
Spirit of Arachyr
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 4500% to 9000%
Helltooth Harness
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 1500% to 3000%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 4400% to 9000%
Raiment of the Jade Harvester
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 560 seconds to 3500 seconds
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1650 seconds to 10000 seconds
Zunimassa's Haunt
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 5500% to 15000%
Wizard
Tal Rasha's Elements
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 750% to 3000%
Delsere's Magnum Opus
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3800% to 8500%
Vyr's Amazing Arcana
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 50% bonus damage to 100%

LOL. Notice how all the changes are just handing out a bunch of goodies. Like massive set buffs and primal item handouts. All the coding changes seem to mostly entail adding some zeros.

But we are led to believe this is "one of multiple projects" that has been in the works for awhile. Bullshit. They have egg all over their face after the convention and now they are covering up with this handjob patch for the d3 playerbase.

Saludeen
11-26-2018, 12:01 AM
"Blizzard" is no longer Blizzard. That's why their games suck and have that cheesy made for TV style. Time to move on.

Sardius
11-26-2018, 05:53 PM
I liked diablo 1, but it was a game with flaws. I liked the expansion. The gothic horror was intriguing, i still remember the first time i encountered the butcher and he was like: ah, fresh meat. And i was like, oh f***. I liked that it had a pool of quests for each 'act?', so each playthrough wasn't the same. I didn't like that the rogue was arguably the best class for the game, but needless to say i only played the rogue.

I liked diablo2, but to me it was sort of 1 step forwards, 1 step back. I liked the open world, i really loved the cutscenes. Each one was a case of: and then things got worse. Even the ending to the expansion was like that, you're too late so you have to destroy the worldstone instead of save it. But then they introduced the linear path of quests, so that you would always played the same game every time with minor changes to the landscape.

I didn't like diablo 3, i'll go into that in a second. But the first thing that really teed me off? I played at launch, and i was lagging badly in single player mode. I know companies love their drm these days, but making it online only for single player? And then the f***er lags? So i stopped playing for a few months. After that, i noticed the cartoony graphics that reminded me of wow, and not in a good way. After that, as someone else said the theme seemed to change from gothic horror to generic fantasy. The cutscenes were moments of success for the most part, not moments of what fresh hell is this. This is the first diablo game where i didn't bother with the expansion. I never even entertained the idea of spending real money to buy gear.

I don't like the idea of having to replay the same game multiple times just to get to the end. The idea that the game starts on your third-fourth playthrough. I finished my second playthrough a couple months ago, and that was my second playthrough since... when? i can't even remember when this came out. 2012ish from drunken hazy memory.

That video of the guy asking at blizzcon if this was an out of season april fools joke was savage, but justified imo. I won't be buying diablo 4 until its been out for a while and i've read some good reviews. But storywise, where do they go from here?

Mblake1981
11-26-2018, 09:45 PM
Time to move on

I would've liked to have moved on a decade ago when Crysis signaled an end to an era.

Topgunben
11-26-2018, 11:49 PM

personally d3 was such a departure from d1 and d2, i could care less anymore. I dont owe blizzard anything and they dont owe me anything.

I do wish another gaming company would make a good ole hack and slash, but make it difficult like everquest.

Exanima has come close to that, but still has a lot of development to come.

Swish2
11-27-2018, 04:06 AM
That video of the guy asking at blizzcon if this was an out of season april fools joke was savage, but justified imo.

Definitely, and the "don't you guys have pho0oOo0nes?" will go down with Activision/Blizzard/EA/etc's attempts to put AAA titles onto mobile devices with cash shop/RMT incentives.

Lets not forget the C&C Rivals attempt - not often you'd get EA to actually mark a youtube video as "unlisted".