PDA

View Full Version : Cool things to do at 40+ (rogue)

Ivar
10-28-2018, 12:44 AM
I'm currently camped inside CoM. Level 41 Rogue.

People say to stay at CoM until 51, but I'd rather jump around. So, what are some other spots I could camp?

I really wish I could solo camp some cash mobs, and its really killing me that I can't because as a level 40 MNK, SHM, NEC, ENC, I could be casually camping something. I'm dependent on groups, and I'll probably need to save another 28k to get my Epic MQ, so what suggestions do you guys have?

Edit: Btw I stayed at MM CE until 41, I haven't even killed a mob in CoM yet, so I haven't even experienced it yet!

Hibbs
10-28-2018, 01:39 AM
Hey man! If you are down for it I really think CoM is an awesome zone. I personally like some of the hotter zones cuz if I don't have a lot of time I can jump on for an hour or so and its pretty easy to just scoop a group.

I also really liked SolB. You are just kinda moving into that level range.. even if you get a small group and sat at window camp. I think that's a lower level range in that area. Xp would be screaming.

and once you start pushing 44 or 45 the hole with a small group could be a lot of fun also hella xp.

of course most of these suggestions are group related. I have never played a rogue in my EQ journey, but I would imagine you would want some form of group so you could see those sweet sweet backstabs.

Xaeophi
10-28-2018, 03:29 AM
com is horrible exp. Kill guards or go to OT

indiscriminate_hater
10-28-2018, 04:15 AM
I heard there is a book that is worth grabbing

Jauna
10-28-2018, 04:28 AM
I did not read what the others have posted but CoM really is your only option until 50/51 because for most people who just flat out give zero fucks just stay on the leveling path. Even if you join a stepping stone guild it would take a great amount of influence to get them to move from the leveling path. As much as it bores/angers/irritates me, your only RELIABLE and FOR CERTAIN option is to stay in CoM until others decide you are ready for Karnors.

Dolalin
10-28-2018, 07:13 AM
Drag corpses in Seb for big plats.

Octopath
10-28-2018, 07:31 AM
Drag corpses in Seb for big plats.

What kind of money does a rogue make doing this?

ScaringChildren
10-28-2018, 07:38 AM
What kind of money does a rogue make doing this?

Not a lot.

Occasionally someone will pay you 100p.

But 9 out 10 people will thank you and run off.

Ravager
10-28-2018, 07:45 AM
Rogues don't really make much in the way of plat until 50+ when they can get in higher end dungeon groups. I never liked CoM for exp. Lower Guk is a good option, though, if you can get a group there since WR bags and TBB are always in fashion. Sol B is good too for some items.

Once you get to 45, you'll be able to solo the Hill Giants in EK and WK, which are blue till 50/51 respectively. It's slow exp, but you'll make a ton of plat doing it.

My best suggestion though is to keep leveling like you're doing and then use what plat you have to buy a Seb Key when you get to your low 50's. Once you can get into Seb groups you'll have the plat you need for your MQ in no time.

Supaskillz
10-28-2018, 09:12 AM
CoM is the most active group spot in your 40s, but plenty of other options exist especially if you have some buddies you have made along the way you can get to join you. Other dungeon options are sol b, lower guk, kaesora, droga (maybe only early 40s), kedge. The first 2 do have people in them often, the latter 3 you should definitely plan to bring your own group. Outdoor options also exist and open up a lot of duo possibilities for a rogue such as necros and sks. Outdoor options with people active and sometimes grouping include OT and DL, but other options exist like various city guards.

Do people usually have to buy seb Keys these days? The seb key is pretty easy if you have a ranger or Druid buddy. You can probably get each of you a key in an hour.

I would consider just doing the rogue epic rather than buying the MQ. It’s not very hard, plus I personally get some satisfaction from doing my own epic quest.

ScaringChildren
10-28-2018, 09:40 AM
Once you get to 45, you'll be able to solo the Hill Giants in EK and WK, which are blue till 50/51 respectively. It's slow exp, but you'll make a ton of plat doing it

I would advise against trying to kill HGs at 45.

Do not underestimate the pure weakness of Rogue soloing. You will be surprised by what can kill you.

I would probably recommend farming goblins in sola for cash before trying HGs.

They will wreck you at 45.

7thGate
10-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Yeah, unless heavily twinked you probably can't solo blues in melee, especially pre epic. I could not farm sarnak berserkers at 52 until I got ragebringer, and hill giants were definitely out. It wasnt until I started picking up some velious armor that I could even solo xp greens without using poison.

Sol b is a good suggestion, since pickup groups do form there. I did my 40s in sol b, the hole and Kedge, but the latter two needed me to bring my own groups.

Muggens
10-29-2018, 01:53 AM
For quickest leveling get a group going regular in SolB. When I rogued there was beautiful decked out DE War sitting there waiting for me everyday.

Sebekkha
10-29-2018, 08:08 AM
if you have the serrated bone dagger and jboots you could try your hand at intimidation kiting

ScaringChildren
10-29-2018, 09:00 AM
if you have the serrated bone dagger and jboots you could try your hand at intimidation kiting

or even better, Obtenebrate Short Sword.

Sucks that intimidation fears at the end of the animation though.

Cecily
10-29-2018, 10:02 AM
Epic quest preparation and epic questing is about the most fun thing you’ll do in your 40s. Aim to have it done by 51 or 52. The damage increase is ridiculous and makes the next few levels much more entertaining.

Swish2
10-29-2018, 10:06 AM
CoM or guild groups (if you can organize them) are the way to go... soloing on a rogue is tough, no healer, no CC... if you've got a fungi it might be just about bearable, but if not just stick it out with grouping and maybe level something solo friendly on the side when you're not feeling the "rogue" vibe ^^

Zipity
10-29-2018, 06:14 PM
Kaesora duo til 46
Bloodgill goblins solo til 50
SolB royals group til 50
These are good alternatives
Ps if you have more than 4 people in a Group in CoM you are sacrificing lots of exp

kjs86z
10-30-2018, 08:55 AM
Go into popular zones and type "/ooc Book not up"

ScaringChildren
10-30-2018, 09:45 AM
Bloodgill goblins solo til 50

While Bloodgills are weak for their levels, this ain't happening.

An untwinked Rogue won't be soloing shit.