PDA

View Full Version : Do Android Dream of Electric Google Updates

Muggens
10-27-2018, 10:08 AM
I dislike mobile phones. I didnt get one myself untill I was 17, this was back in y2k.
It was a Nokia and I had no problem wielding it with sufficiency.
Now, years later Ive had a few of these "smart" phones, making my life better and at the same time miserable.
I only bought one of these myself, an Iphone 3 I believe it was. Everyone here's getting new phones come new years,
so I just grab whatever they wanna hand me down. My town is flowing in discarded electronics, not in a burning field but in the drawers, shelves, hands of kids and so on.
I was happy with my Sony phone, but managed to smash it during my sleep, just awoke one day to a cracked screen.
Now I got a Samsung piece of shit.
Not that long ago there was a Google update of some sort, automatic, I have no control of these devices...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBmMzabdEKQ
Android is Google, I didnt know this untill recently, fuckssake...
This Update scrambled all the text formatting in everything Google! I gotta zoom and zip and angle to get it to display properly now!
Most apps and many mobile website dont allow me to zoom and zip around... Gaah!
I cannot read anything on my phone anymore besides the p99 boards...
I cannot seem to find the right combination of magic words to search for this topic on Google either.
Just wanna throw in there that I hate Google btw, surveillance app ftw.
Can anyone help me? Is my phone obsolete with the new Update, did they shut my phone down?
Can I revert back to an old version? What can I do?
Or do I have to scrounge up another mobile, just to get to read Quara on the jon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoY2gOix0_s

America
10-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Didn't read

Muggens
10-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Didn't read

Hope u clicked the utubes.

Nobody have this problem on their phone?

maskedmelon
10-29-2018, 08:30 AM
bumping in hope someone can help you OPpal. unfortunately, i am phone illiterate :c

Swish2
10-29-2018, 10:02 AM
I also hate google. I had 2 android phones (both Sony) and can confirm that they are inferior to Apple's iphones in the sense of the operating system (ios beats Android).

Every phone you buy is a smartphone these days. I think analog cellphones don't work anymore? Depends on the country maybe.

If you know what you're doing you could wipe the phone and restore the factory settings (you'll lose everything on it and would be treating it as a brand new phone...no contacts, no photos, no message history etc). That should load an older version of Android before your update. But it will want to update again, and eventually it'll find a way.

The best advice I can think of is to get an Apple but its equally intrusive :p

America
10-29-2018, 10:12 AM
root the phone, disable the autoupdate services. i do this. your welcome.

maskedmelon
10-29-2018, 10:17 AM
how do i root stuff? everytime I try this, it fails and feel liek all I've done is infest my devices with Chinese malware.

Muggens
10-31-2018, 10:26 AM
bumping in hope someone can help you OPpal. unfortunately, i am phone illiterate :c

Thanks mate :)

I also hate google. I had 2 android phones (both Sony) and can confirm that they are inferior to Apple's iphones in the sense of the operating system (ios beats Android).

Every phone you buy is a smartphone these days. I think analog cellphones don't work anymore? Depends on the country maybe.

If you know what you're doing you could wipe the phone and restore the factory settings (you'll lose everything on it and would be treating it as a brand new phone...no contacts, no photos, no message history etc). That should load an older version of Android before your update. But it will want to update again, and eventually it'll find a way.

The best advice I can think of is to get an Apple but its equally intrusive :p

Yeah I used to have an Iphone, like it better than android, and it could communicate with my Denon amp. Can only hope I can inherit a new Iphone soon, no way Im spending that much cash on a phone hehe. Im gonna try wiping the phone and see if that helps!

root the phone, disable the autoupdate services. i do this. your welcome.

Gonna check more up on this. Found an old neighbour doing private tech sessions on phones etc maybe he can help me out, thanks.

Gonna be travelling soon to USA, so want to have a fresh phone also, dont wanna get stuck/arrested because some weird forum ive been reading ;)

Patriam1066
10-31-2018, 01:15 PM
Posted from my iPhone

katrik
10-31-2018, 03:35 PM
I like my brand new iPhone xs. It’s pretty. #white

America
10-31-2018, 04:22 PM
how do i root stuff? everytime I try this, it fails and feel liek all I've done is infest my devices with Chinese malware.

forgot lol

phone stuff is tedious. but my phone acts to protect me. records all calls, audio records when i'm at certain gps.

haters: unrooted/iphones don't do this. i think. phone stuff is tedious.

Patriam1066
10-31-2018, 06:59 PM
iPhones allow me to FaceTime the grandkids. Hope that helps

Samsung delenda est