PDA

View Full Version : nektulos forest

ennela
10-27-2018, 05:24 AM
zoned in nek forest today and its all grey.. i searched for the answer found to delete a few files i deleted these files and went to log on and it said error cant find the nek files. i restored the file relog into the game that put me into nek forest but its still all grey. i did run trought the forest before it was fine but now its not
help please

ty

Hibbs
10-27-2018, 05:45 AM
zoned in nek forest today and its all grey.. i searched for the answer found to delete a few files i deleted these files and went to log on and it said error cant find the nek files. i restored the file relog into the game that put me into nek forest but its still all grey. i did run trought the forest before it was fine but now its not
help please

ty

Morning Ennela!

Sorry this is happening it can be quiet the bummer! I would have to assume it has something to do with those files. I would do it while you are completely logged out of the client. I would also note that 1 of the Nektulos files you have to delete are VERY very close to looking like a file you need, so I would just double check that. If that doesn't work I would re-download the p99 sever files. Make a new folder on the desktop and unzip the files there. Then copy ---> paste (don't drag and drop) let it do its thing, and then go through one more time making sure the correct few files are deleted. I really hope this help!

ennela
10-27-2018, 07:14 AM
well tried everything nothing working

GinnasP99
10-27-2018, 08:07 AM
I guess make sure its the (dot)EQG file that you delete. Not (dot)S3D

Doujou
10-27-2018, 04:29 PM
There's also a nektulosa.eqg that needs to stay and a nektulos.eqg that needs to be deleted. Can be easy to mix up or delete both.

But as others have said, re-download all the files, double check you are deleting the right ones, do it while completely out of the EQ client, and maybe even restart your comp for good measure.

The following files must renamed or removed from the Everquest Titanium directory.

arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

ennela
10-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Ty.. but did and done all above suggestions..still grey

Hibbs
10-27-2018, 11:17 PM
Ty.. but did and done all above suggestions..still grey

Hmm I would maybe say start from scratch? Would only be about an hour from uninstall to logging into Norrath!

ennela
10-28-2018, 07:00 AM
now when i remove the nektulos.eqg file and go to zonne into nek florest i get kicked to desktop and says error missing file nektulos.eqg cant zone into nek forest. not in those words but something like that. So i guess ill just not play in that zone.

thanks for your time.

Rygar
10-28-2018, 12:12 PM
Are you using the titanium client?

ennela
10-29-2018, 09:30 AM
I guess I not. Not sure how to tell.. I got a copy from my son so I using that

Rygar
10-29-2018, 12:11 PM
No offense, but if you can't tell if you are using the titanium client or not, i have a feeling you may be suffering from human error (not guaranteed, just saying).

It is installed from the Titanium edition of Everquest. There are other client versions that various other servers use, but they are not supported on P99.

Otherwise if you are, try a fresh install. Not sure if there is a graphics card issue... Technical Discussion section of forums may get you more help

ennela
10-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Well I was at work when I read your comments. I asked he said it not.. that why I having troubles..no big deal not like I ever go into nek forest anyways. As long lava works fine that's all I need..
Ty fir your time