PDA

View Full Version : Lord rak ashiir

Glain
10-23-2018, 11:42 PM
I cant find information pertaining to using alliance on him in order to turn in the tear for the shaman epic. My enchanter friend has the tear but not the faction. Could he use alliance to max faction out?

GinnasP99
10-24-2018, 12:08 AM
I would not recommend risking this, get the faction. This turn in won't work unless you've seen the "your faction standing cannot possibly get any better" message. Needed for both turning in the tear to Rak and turning in the scale to the ghost wolf in EJ

Duane
10-24-2018, 12:10 AM
I second what Ginnas said. You need MAX faction for this to work. The shaman epic is a faction grind with a final fight. Do not chance it with the spells or you will have a bad time.

Glain
10-24-2018, 12:19 AM
Gah ok the wiki also says that as of 10/23/18 (yesterday) that you dont need MAX ALLY just ally

Phenyo
10-24-2018, 12:20 AM
max ally

GinnasP99
10-24-2018, 12:27 AM
Gah ok the wiki also says that as of 10/23/18 (yesterday) that you dont need MAX ALLY just ally

This might be true, but you absolutely do need max to turn in the scale in EJ. Also, the person turning in tear to Rak doesn't lose the faction so you might as well max it just to be sure. As this MQ succeeding / failing is the difference between you getting your epic, or not.

Tupakk
10-24-2018, 12:40 AM
You do need it.

Believe

Trzzle
10-24-2018, 03:57 AM
Didn't have max ally on my shaman and it worked fine.

Xap
10-24-2018, 09:37 AM
Didn't have max ally on my shaman and it worked fine.

For the turn in to the wolf in EJ? Or to Rak Ashy?

aaezil
10-24-2018, 09:44 AM
Fake news max ally doesnt matter

Jimjam
10-24-2018, 10:32 AM
You can just run thru the previous parts of the epic to ensure you have sufficient faction. It's not so time consuming.

Glain
10-24-2018, 11:31 AM
You can just run thru the previous parts of the epic to ensure you have sufficient faction. It's not so time consuming.

Ya I have max on my sham. The enchanter is turning in the tear

Jimjam
10-24-2018, 12:35 PM
I mean the enchanter can ensure he has sufficient faction by doing the preceding steps.

loramin
10-24-2018, 01:22 PM
I mean the enchanter can ensure he has sufficient faction by doing the preceding steps.

The most popular way to do this is to bind at Bondl in Freeport, then go to one of the mobs that spawns the spirit (I think there's one in Rathe, OOT, and Butcherblock?) with a cleric. Die, get rezzed, get the gem from the spirit, gate to Bondl, turn it in, get rezzed back, repeat.

There are other options though; I started a thread in the Priests forum awhile back where a bunch of people listed the various ways they earned the faction.

Nephron-
10-24-2018, 01:28 PM
If you do the epic quest following the actual epic quest, you end up ally to Truespirit before this step, but not max ally. Turning in the tear to lord rak gives you another faction hit that you'd require in order to successfully turn the scales in to get your epic.

If you're doing the faction grind by alternative methods, get max ally before turning in the child's tear because having more faction than you require guarantees a successful turn in.

Rygar
10-24-2018, 02:08 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303749

Read through, per the faction man after next patch the only way for non-shaman to MQ will be to have max faction + Alliance (either from clickie or spell).

Non-shaman had a -100 class modifier on the quest hand ins. When next patch drops, forget what you know now. That will be the new accurate quest.

Kesselring
10-24-2018, 03:49 PM
The most popular way to do this is to bind at Bondl in Freeport, then go to one of the mobs that spawns the spirit (I think there's one in Rathe, OOT, and Butcherblock?) with a cleric. Die, get rezzed, get the gem from the spirit, gate to Bondl, turn it in, get rezzed back, repeat.

There are other options though; I started a thread in the Priests forum awhile back where a bunch of people listed the various ways they earned the faction.

it is the most popular way but not the fastest, there are better ways that take a bit more effort but u can get done in an hour and a half.

ScottBerta
10-24-2018, 11:52 PM
Pay a Cleric for 2 hours of rezzing and you can go from 0 true spirit to max