PDA

View Full Version : I <3 Scout Roll

garfo
10-22-2018, 06:41 AM
No trolling, I'm totally being earnest. And I say this as a perpetual Scout Roll loser:

I love that Scout Roll exists. In my experience every roll has been good-natured, even jolly, and is a shining beacon of positive collaboration between players of all guilds and experience levels. I've even seen a few rolls where confusion comes up and things get a bit salty, but it's always resolved in a mature way. I love the camaraderie, I love how everyone pitches in -- I've never once seen a roll where nobody steps up to pull/kite -- and I love how everyone genuinely congratulates the winner.

So what if there are sometimes lots of people? So what if every now and then (rarely, imo) a lower-level toon is among the rollers? If they have the faction and they have the Scout Tools, let them go for it. I wouldn't once define any of the rolls I've attended as a clusterfuck, everyone seems to know the drill and get it done. It's great; I've never experienced a cooperative group activity like that in EQ that wasn't either highly regulated by guild officers (ToV contesting, for example) or salty in some way (groups competing for mobs in dungeons, for example).

That is all. Just one Ogre's opinion. I'll see you out there in WW -- hopefully not too many more times!!

Cen
10-22-2018, 07:42 AM
Scout rolls? Sounds like something good to eat! It food?

Nexii
10-22-2018, 07:54 AM
It's all the server has for coming together since Wakening Lands COV faction farming was nerfed.

Kesselring
10-22-2018, 09:44 AM
It's all the server has for coming together since Wakening Lands COV faction farming was nerfed.

People still come together for that and honestly its not too bad. Takes a lot longer of course but thats just extra time to bond and meet new people.

Nexii
10-22-2018, 10:04 AM
WL is really not worth the time anymore. You could spend all day out there and get like one faction level. Doing Kael quest mobs is at least 10x faster. I suppose not too many people are Kael factioned to pull, but given how popular WL was, it's a little surprising you don't see more COV farm groups

garfo
10-22-2018, 11:11 AM
WL is really not worth the time anymore. You could spend all day out there and get like one faction level. Doing Kael quest mobs is at least 10x faster. I suppose not too many people are Kael factioned to pull, but given how popular WL was, it's a little surprising you don't see more COV farm groups

I think people have wised up to faster ways of factioning -- what you DO see now is an entire cluster of people hovering around Statue/AoW kills, sometimes enough to outnumber the actual raid party. And plenty will show up to tag Vindi, too.

Jan Jensen
10-22-2018, 11:22 AM
I think people have wised up to faster ways of factioning -- what you DO see now is an entire cluster of people hovering around Statue/AoW kills, sometimes enough to outnumber the actual raid party. And plenty will show up to tag Vindi, too.

Wait days on Statue spawn and hope AoW doesn't get wasted for +1000 faction. Or spend a few hours on quest npcs and get [guaranteed] 2-3x as much. Wouldn't call Statue/AoW faster. Definitely lazier though, the p99 meta.

Unfortunately, pullers run the chance of being petitioned by some rando for "training" the zone and being summarily suspended out of the blue. So good luck finding a good samaritan to pull these mobs; no good deed and all that.

Nexii
10-22-2018, 12:59 PM
I think AoW is only +500
One quest mob cycle is +300 (27 min cycle)
IMO quest mobs beat AoW

Anyways back on topic, the fewer people that faction COV I guess the less competition at Scout :P

Sonderbeast
10-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Poll : change scout roll ??

1. Over 55 ONLY (senior citizens)
2. Best outta three
3. What book ???
4. Rap battles determine winner
5. Determined via pvp combat

aaezil
10-22-2018, 02:17 PM

elwing
10-22-2018, 02:33 PM
I love the scout roll too, if I am nearby and free I always help despite not rolling anymore

Shanst
10-22-2018, 05:53 PM
Poll : change scout roll ??

1. Over 55 ONLY (senior citizens)
2. Best outta three
3. What book ???
4. Rap battles determine winner
5. Determined via pvp combat

3, definitely 3.

ScaringChildren
10-22-2018, 06:00 PM
3, definitely 3.

Book is so hot right now

7thGate
10-24-2018, 01:16 PM
Wait days on Statue spawn and hope AoW doesn't get wasted for +1000 faction. Or spend a few hours on quest npcs and get [guaranteed] 2-3x as much. Wouldn't call Statue/AoW faster. Definitely lazier though, the p99 meta.

Unfortunately, pullers run the chance of being petitioned by some rando for "training" the zone and being summarily suspended out of the blue. So good luck finding a good samaritan to pull these mobs; no good deed and all that.

If you're worried about zone disruption and have 2+ factioned people, you can set up just outside Tormax's castle, train the stuff out and down toward, FD or log out (there's a corner that it takes just over 30 seconds for stuff to path to from the back of the castle if you go down across the ice river) and hail lock the stuff you want to kill in place. Don't ever need to bring anything anywhere near where anyone else would be.