PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Event Suggestion: Mayong Mistmoore

Ivar
10-20-2018, 08:05 PM
I was taking some screenshots of Mistmoore Castle last night, and found out that Mayong Mistmoore only spawned once per server?

Well he drops a pretty awesome dagger. I was curious, has he ever been spawned aside the one time per server rule?

and if not, maybe it would be a cool suggestion? He drops a damn good dagger, and I may be rogue, but just seeing him/fighting him would be cool.

Swish2
10-20-2018, 10:50 PM
Have you got a link to the dagger? :p

Wonkie
10-20-2018, 10:59 PM
Have you got a link to the dagger? :p

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fanged_Skull_Stiletto

it's not as good as the Soros-scale Shank

Swish2
10-20-2018, 11:30 PM
Interesting, the same NPC on that page (Hanns Kreighor) also supposedly would give you this dagger if you turn in Stanos Herkanor's head to him. I wonder if that's coded in on p99?

The head is something rogues usually turn in to get a high elf illusion mask.

ScaringChildren
10-20-2018, 11:43 PM
it's not as good as the Soros-scale Shank

https://i.imgur.com/SvZ9sGQ.gif

Tupakk
10-21-2018, 01:30 AM
You can get the dagger. With the head. It’s not that good tho.

Jimjam
10-21-2018, 03:23 AM
I'm going to go trick or treating in EC.

I shall don my werewolf disguise.

I will ask the fat cats "Trick or Treat?"

When not rewarded with tasty twinkage treats I shall gate out of zone, leaving my hasted invis griffon pet behind.

If only I had an enchanter.

azeth
10-21-2018, 07:06 AM
The dagger on p99 is owned by a rogue named Otto. He's the OGest rogue

ScaringChildren
10-21-2018, 08:19 AM

I'd rather get the mask for sure.

However, back in Classic, that dagger would've been badass.

It's still a good piercer, just not worth the asking price.

Pringles
10-21-2018, 08:35 AM

I have like four of these sitting on a mule. Gave one to Sneaksy at one point for the lulz, But yeah easily obtainable to this day.

azeth
10-21-2018, 09:26 AM
To put that dagger in perspective, the best possible weapon combination you could have as a rogue on p99 prior to Kunark was:

Primary: vexthorne (9/19) swapping out with Efreeti War Spear (15/40) for backstabs

Secondary: bone razor (10/22)

it was impossible to obtain Thornstinger from Sky due to the Bloodsky Sapphire being missing from Eye of veeshans loot table.

A 12/22 dagger was godly

jeremy0818
10-21-2018, 10:46 AM
I don't think Skull Fanged Stiletto was available pre-kunark. General V'Ghera was only added from Kunark for the epic. I think it is the same for Stanos. From what I read, this quest was removed on live due to it interfering with rogue epic, although the mask quest was not.

Also, I don't think Mayong Mistmoore was ever killed, the dagger was most likely just given during the event, and probably after Kunark launch.

Also, Thornstinger (12/19) is post upgrade PoS reward. Although it happened quite early on P99, pre-Velious, I'm pretty sure PoS upgrade happened sometime during Velious on live to keep the rewards in line with the difficulty, pre-upgrade was Ebonsting (11/20), same for monk fist (16/27 vs 16/22)

I don't remember Mayong Mistmoore event ever happening during Velious, or after, on live

reznor_
10-21-2018, 11:18 AM
I would vote for an event in Oasis similar to PoF opening back in the day (I don't remember a ton of the detail because I was like, 13). That was a fun evening.

Ivar
10-21-2018, 12:17 PM
I think having certain things going on in Unrest and Mistmoore, where a lot of your new players are frequently at would be cool.

Now, this is classic, but this is also a thought: anyone remember in live when lower/mid zones were plagued with raising dead? HUGE ass skeletons the size of giants? That would be cool, but would probably require some front end/back end work.

Anyway, I'd be happy with +exp buff, and a maybe some interaction with the GM's. Sirken's stream is always nice. He keeps talking about this pizza place from Chicago that I can literally visualize at this point.

Toomuch
10-21-2018, 12:41 PM
I remember that event, qeynos hills was so scary as a lower level! I had just switched to Sullon Zek a little bit before, and I think I was in my teens or 20's as a ranger (Toomuch), with it being my highest level character ever at that point. I remember pulling up track to see what was up in some zones, and just absolutely being terrified, but still wanting to stay there and try to kill things in the off chance I got something usable with any kind of stats, lol

azeth
10-21-2018, 12:49 PM
I don't think Skull Fanged Stiletto was available pre-kunark. General V'Ghera was only added from Kunark for the epic. I think it is the same for Stanos. From what I read, this quest was removed on live due to it interfering with rogue epic, although the mask quest was not.

Also, I don't think Mayong Mistmoore was ever killed, the dagger was most likely just given during the event, and probably after Kunark launch.

Also, Thornstinger (12/19) is post upgrade PoS reward. Although it happened quite early on P99, pre-Velious, I'm pretty sure PoS upgrade happened sometime during Velious on live to keep the rewards in line with the difficulty, pre-upgrade was Ebonsting (11/20), same for monk fist (16/27 vs 16/22)

I don't remember Mayong Mistmoore event ever happening during Velious, or after, on live

mayong event occurred on p99, and Otto got the dagger. And yes I meant Ebonsting. Ebonsting did not exist on p99 because they forgot to itemize the bloodsky sapphire. I raided eov for about 3 months in vain. It was patched in well after kunark premiered.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53701&highlight=Bloodsky+sapphire

Zemus
10-21-2018, 01:25 PM
mayong event occurred on p99, and Otto got the dagger. And yes I meant Ebonsting. Ebonsting did not exist on p99 because they forgot to itemize the bloodsky sapphire. I raided eov for about 3 months in vain. It was patched in well after kunark premiered.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53701&highlight=Bloodsky+sapphire

Wow, patch notes just gave me a sense of nostalgia!

jeremy0818
10-22-2018, 12:02 AM

Yea, even on P99, Mayong event happened during Kunark only right? Not pre or post Kunark, was he killed on P99?

Also, if you happen to know can I confirm if PoS upgrade happened on P99 during Kunark while it actually happened during Velious on live?

Jlpstrtkng
10-22-2018, 06:11 AM
Now, this is classic, but this is also a thought: anyone remember in live when lower/mid zones were plagued with raising dead? HUGE ass skeletons the size of giants? That would be cool, but would probably require some front end/back end work.

I think this event was in 2005 although my memory might be off. I still have a 2HB weapon on a random alt on live from this event. Called vampire something. Cool event thanks for reminding me

azeth
10-22-2018, 06:57 AM
Yea, even on P99, Mayong event happened during Kunark only right? Not pre or post Kunark, was he killed on P99?

Also, if you happen to know can I confirm if PoS upgrade happened on P99 during Kunark while it actually happened during Velious on live?

The Mayong event occurred in 2009, pre-Kunark. Mayong was indeed killed, not like GM-despawned. He was an NPC that was killed.

The Thornstinger upgrade, and the PoS upgrades did occur pre-Velious. Slayde was the first to upgrade his Ebonsting.

jeremy0818
10-22-2018, 11:30 AM
The Mayong event occurred in 2009, pre-Kunark. Mayong was indeed killed, not like GM-despawned. He was an NPC that was killed.

The Thornstinger upgrade, and the PoS upgrades did occur pre-Velious. Slayde was the first to upgrade his Ebonsting.

Nice, he was never killed on live though right? I don't see any record or screenshot of him ever being killed