PDA

View Full Version : Most boring class?

pijan
10-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Hello,

What do you think is the most boring and painful class to level? What class is most boring end game? Personally I could never get into playing a cleric. What y'all think?

bwe
10-11-2018, 10:24 AM
Enchanter by far

pijan
10-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Enchanter by far

How so? They have a very active play style.

Dolalin
10-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Enchanter in the end game has one job: cast VoG over and over.

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Wizard is pretty boring.

Being able to destroy a mob at 50% with one spell is cool, but it gets old fast when it's your only method of killing.

Rogue is similar, but it seems more engaging somehow and getting those massive backstabs are satisfying.

pijan
10-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Many classes do only one or two things in raids. Everything outside of raids enchanter seem fun imo.

aaezil
10-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Rogue and it's not close

Qtip
10-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Mage. /pet attack and summoning mod rods sucks.

Bummey
10-11-2018, 11:32 AM
For all around play? Cleric. No contest. The way people are twinked these days you barely have to heal. It's mind numbing.

For end game raiding, probably enchanter since you're just a haste/clarity bot.

Bboboo
10-11-2018, 11:37 AM
demon hunter, 3 button spec

Jimjam
10-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Lower middle class.

Atmas
10-11-2018, 11:59 AM
IMO, it's rogue. The deeps are fun and the class is useful but the general gameplay for me is very repetitive and gets dull quickly.

I have a wizard and I enjoy it. Though my opinion may be skewed because I'm not always playing it the typical way. Wizards like many of the other classes get more interesting if you try to maximize usage of their abilities.

Snaggles
10-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Rogue for me (big time). Every backstab refresh is just an encouragement to keep drudging through the levels.

Muggens
10-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Most boring class depends on playstyle/personality etc.
To me rogue and wizard are most fun. I wouldnt even consider making a say...enchanter

Cecily
10-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Any breed of priest / caster bores me to tears. Meditating is just a bad a mechanic. Agree with Muggens on, I’m assuming, nukes and backstabs. Those high damage hits are fun to look at and rogue is a kinesthetic class that is always active as long as there’s a thing to kill. Monks really bore me because the similarity to rogues, but lack of damage.

Jauna
10-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Most boring shifts between what you are doing and not doing
Cleric: low levels because of twinking
Warrior: before level 30 and not tanking whenever
hybrids: raids
rogue: to me its whenever you are exping in a place you cant pickpocket, the begging macro is not the same ever since they nerfed that you cant skillup it on enemies in combat
monk: pulling for too long, or not pulling for too long. why the fuck dont rangers/bards wanna alternate with me?
enchanter: when charm pet dies or there is none available
necro: pre-charm sucks
wizard: medding
mage: when it takes 30 summons to get a good pet

Xaeophi
10-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Enchants do a lot more then just vog btw.

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 02:07 PM
why the fuck dont rangers/bards wanna alternate with me?

I love to pull on my Ranger.

I'd alternate with you, bb <3

mumpz
10-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Lower middle class.

:D haha

no class is boring when you're chattin with your homies

Muggens
10-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Any breed of priest / caster bores me to tears. Meditating is just a bad a mechanic. Agree with Muggens on, I’m assuming, nukes and backstabs. Those high damage hits are fun to look at and rogue is a kinesthetic class that is always active as long as there’s a thing to kill. Monks really bore me because the similarity to rogues, but lack of damage.

Yeah. Its also because what these classes cant do, like im not buffing people left n right. Rog is perfect raid char for me, also lvling in groups was fun, always a spot for me. The wiz is da best semi afk soloer, n quadding n oneshotting stuff is fun. Dont wanna juggle to many mechanics/abilities. Theres the roleplaying / persona aspekt of it all also.

Zipity
10-11-2018, 02:22 PM
Want to not be bored? Roll a bard

Cecily
10-11-2018, 02:22 PM
Yeah the lack of responsibility is a huge win for rogue, I agree, but our actual responsibilities were pretty fun.

Let’s not forget rogue ultra invis. I used to be very bad at navigating 3D environments in EQ and not knowing where you’re going was a death sentence in dungeons. I... never knew where I was going. It’d always take me multiple trips to a zone to begin to get it, so perma invis to practically everything was of utmost importance to spatially challenged me, and I also got to take my time and explore everything without being in a rush.

I also love the invisibility because it lets me occasionally play hero and drag my or someone else’s group out of the depths of some horrible place. It’s less fun when it’s on your shoulders to solo / duo drag 30+ people across a zone, but I was good at organizing those so it wasn’t too terrible the many times I had to do that in Hate and Sky and VP. Finding lost corpses in fear which are legally prohibited from giving you a loc was fun game for me.

Always liked lockpicking and pickpocketing hill giants on live was a hoot. Trying to solo on the class everyone says you can’t solo on... and the massive backstabs. Topping the dps charts thanks to my many shaman friends over the years. Yeah, rogue was ok.

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Want to not be bored? Roll a bard

I want to but I also don't want early-onset arthritis

Zipity
10-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Haha you don’t have to swarm to lvl

Nexii
10-11-2018, 02:30 PM
I like cleric because you get to decide who lives and dies

Of all my 60s (ench, mage, druid, cleric) I'd rank enchanter as the most boring to raid on. All you really do is buff. Yea you can CC/slow/blur at times but for the most part you are just there for buffs

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 02:32 PM
Haha you don’t have to swarm to lvl

Well twisting songs causes it too, right?

GlassDeviant
10-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Back in the day every Cleric I knew, and I mean every single one, always complained about how boring it was to raid and how difficult it was to solo. Most of them were happiest in a single group XPing/AA-ing, but even then it was like a mass exodus of clerics every time there was anything else new to do (EQ2, WoW, DAoC, Conan, etc.).

By the time I quit EQ for the fifth and final time (though even now I am back playing it, in the Emu) most of the Clerics I knew were being run by multiboxers as healbots.

GlassDeviant
10-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Note: Can't add this to my last post because I'm new here and in "posts must be reviewed" stage.

Most boring class depends on playstyle/personality etc.
To me rogue and wizard are most fun. I wouldnt even consider making a say...enchanter

I knew a chanter in the early PoP days. He was busily charming guards in one of the early zones of the expansion, and frequently had troubles when the aggro'ed mob would suddenly get a lucky burst of deeps against his charmed mob, taking it out and then turning on him. I joined up with him and added my (Druid) snare and DoTs and we had a ball.

So what does this all mean? It's not about the class, it's about who you play with. If you're having fun, that's all that matters.

P.S.: I love my Druid. Not my 1st character ever, but my 1st over level 7. Kept playing her from beta until some time in VoA. Most everyone seems to rag on druids, but one thing they never are is boring. Especially when you just got the raid evacuate AA and bound it to some easy-to-accidentally-hit key just as everyone was setting up for a new PoP flag.

Toomuch
10-12-2018, 12:42 AM
Depends on your setup, it's not so bad if your hotkeys are good.

Brut
10-12-2018, 12:49 AM
Cleric. Hate idea sitting there medding just to keep healing and buffing others. Tried leveling one of em twice, got sick of it at early 20s both times.

Jauna
10-12-2018, 01:38 AM
Cleric. Hate idea sitting there medding just to keep healing and buffing others. Tried leveling one of em twice, got sick of it at early 20s both times.

What got me through playing a cleric was using vanilla druid gear on an erudite female.

That little pink bikini
The see through ankle length skirt
Those two straps covering up the nipples just barely leaving the muscle toned abs free to breathe
the link genie booties
oh and that gazebo on the head(leather).
fuckyeah

Evia
10-12-2018, 05:18 AM
I expected to see many people say rogue...
Honestly Rogue is straight-forward and pretty simple but that is the fun of it. You're best dps, never have to pull, low responsibility as long as you keep stabbing, and unique utility in lockpicking and corpse dragging. I think it's the most fun to play.

Most boring for me is probably magician.

ScaringChildren
10-12-2018, 05:57 AM
What got me through playing a cleric was using vanilla druid gear on an erudite female.

That little pink bikini
The see through ankle length skirt
Those two straps covering up the nipples just barely leaving the muscle toned abs free to breathe
the link genie booties
oh and that gazebo on the head(leather).
fuckyeah

"Where was my heal, man?? You had mana, right?"

"Oh sorry...er..I was busy..."

wagorf
10-12-2018, 06:06 AM
mage

at least wiz can port, and epic is doable

Zuranthium
10-12-2018, 06:20 AM
It's easily Wizard for PvE play. The so-called "masters of magical damage" do subpar DPS and are incapable of actually burning down a blue-con mob quickly on their own at the higher levels. On top of that, if you want to improve your efficiency, then you have to click Mana Robe inbetween each meditate tick and then reapply the Epic shield every 13/14 clicks, just to be able to achieve this subpar DPS. It's very annoying, for underwhelming payoff. The class also lacks utility outside of that and is incapable of soloing relevant high-end content (anything that summons = you lose). Yes, ports are a needed game function, but it's not exciting and that role can just be played by alt characters for the most part.

jolanar
10-12-2018, 07:20 AM
I'd say mage.

Similar to rogue except don't get the fun of seeing high backstabs.

ScaringChildren
10-12-2018, 07:51 AM
It's easily Wizard for PvE play. The so-called "masters of magical damage" do subpar DPS and are incapable of actually burning down a blue-con mob quickly on their own at the higher levels. On top of that, if you want to improve your efficiency, then you have to click Mana Robe inbetween each meditate tick and then reapply the Epic shield every 13/14 clicks, just to be able to achieve this subpar DPS. It's very annoying, for underwhelming payoff. The class also lacks utility outside of that and is incapable of soloing relevant high-end content (anything that summons = you lose). Yes, ports are a needed game function, but it's not exciting and that role can just be played by alt characters for the most part.

I just deleted my Wizard after reading this.

Baylan295
10-12-2018, 08:24 AM
I like cleric because you get to decide who lives and dies

Of all my 60s (ench, mage, druid, cleric) I'd rank enchanter as the most boring to raid on. All you really do is buff. Yea you can CC/slow/blur at times but for the most part you are just there for buffs

People always say all you do is buff as an enc, but that hasn’t been my experience. I often bind sight targets/pullers, goalie, charm pretty much everywhere but VP and ToV. And if you want to do more, you can - get a shield of the immaculate to do disease cures, get involved with the pull team (DA earring FTW).

I honestly find chaining on a cleric to be way more boring and there’s way less opportunity to “make plays.” Encs have that opportunity, a lot of other classes don’t.

Foxplay
10-12-2018, 10:41 AM
This is all matter of opinions but I'll give my 2 copper...

Cleric

Everyone has different things they can do in different situations. Of those cleric is the most like limited.

Yes a cleric can CC rather well with roots and stun command. But so can all of the other priests and casters with root (sorry mage). And in a group situation once a camp is broken the cleric doing or even helping with CC is usually very minimal.

The better gear your melee and tank has the less work a cleric does. The gear levels on p99 are so much higher than what the game is balanced for at almost every level bracket that even at 58 I find my cleric just casting celestial or remedy to top someone off just to prevent me from reaching 100m (wasting Mana if not medding)

Solo wise cleric is just awful pretty much a waste of time. Basically in the high 50s it means spending an entire Mana bar to kill 1 con blue or light blue.

Gear upgrades. Aside from some clickies and resists mostly just means a bigger Mana pool. Barely relevant in group content and only relevant in a few raid bosses or if your doing a raid boss with a few less clerics in the chain. Overall not much to look forward too.

Group content. People want clerics for alot of normal camps and a few plat camps, sometimes to pair with enchanters. However on the high end alot of times a good torpor shaman can completely replace the need for a cleric.

Raid content. Hit CH macro sit and eat mod rods. A requirement for raids but that's about it

High end.. gearing up a cleric extends your length in a CH chain, doesn't do much for your group or solo play. Other classes can raid just fine and get much bigger benefits from raid gear in terms of their raid role, group role and solo play

Check12345
10-12-2018, 11:07 AM
I'd say mage.

Similar to rogue except don't get the fun of seeing high backstabs.

TBH mage soloing in sol/guk was a fun challenge compared to an enc or nec.

You don't have the enc/nec swiss army knives, it's all about the pet, and chaining pets to break camps was certainly not boring to me. Some truly epic battles were fought for sure.

Servant
10-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Raiding is essentially boring unless you're on the pull team, which looks like fun, or you're a cleric in which case it's a weird combination of boredom and tension.

Leveling, I'd say druid has been the most boring. In part that's because I haven't played either of the top contenders, Wizard and Rogue. In part that's because I don't particularly care to solo usually. In groups all you do as a druid is help get people to the hunting spot, sit there, buff people, cast the same heal periodically, and port people out afterwards.

People who think clerics are boring, you just need to have ambition. Do more dangerous things with less people or funky class mixes. Chaotic fights where your tank is getting thrashed and your enchanter has problems with charm and your ranger is offtanking and you're keeping them up at the same time as running crowd control on mobs that have aggroed you, those are such a blast to heal in if you know your stuff.

As people have said though, the most fun class is bard, because it can be whatever you want it to be, or all of those things through the course of a fight. It's the least gear-dependent class imo, and the one that has the most need for a comprehensive understanding of what's going on in a fight and what you can do to help your group. Swarming itself is fun in limited quantities, and by the way allow me to bequeath unto you a trick for strafe swarming - If you strafe with W and A/D and the mouse, and then while you're doing that you hit the enter button (you might need someone to help if you don't have long fingers) then it locks in the strafe, allowing you to kite using only right-click mouse steering, which is much much easier on the fingers.

Venjenz
10-12-2018, 02:10 PM
I play a cleric as my main, and I enjoy it, but for sure, it's the most boring. I give cleric buffs, I heal. Now and then, I do some ghetto CC with Lull and Root, maybe an occasional chip in on DPS if kill speed is slow and I can spare the mana, but for the most part, I buff & heal.

Solo, even vs undead is like watching pant dry, since root/nuke is about all clerics can do solo.

Single group - while watching nothing but HP bars...I sit, I stand, I cast heal, I sit....

Figure on raids, it will be same, except, while watching HP, I also have to watch for the chat command that says my turn in CH chain is coming, then....I sit, I stand, I cast Complete Heal along with chat macro to alert next cleric in chain, eat some mod rods, then I sit...

Not to complain, because I chose this class on purpose for the specific reason of seeing the raid content I missed on the first go 'round back in 2000. But there isn't much to playing a cleric. They are necessary, no doubt, but yeah, they be boring.

On the opposite end, I'd go with bard as least boring, since the ebb and flow of what you're doing can and does change what you do to min/max your part in that. Just too much power and versatility to that class, which is why my highest alt is a bard. I'll get my cleric to 60 and then go all the way the other direction for a new t00n.

EDIT - to what Servant said, yeah, undergeared, weird group composition can make it chaotic, and I have a guild monk who says he "sells cleric sweat and tears by the bottle in EC" because when I type "/g 10m" he thinks that means "pull 6 mobs, please do not even attempt to split, DO IT NOW!" And he clowned me in tells asking me if I was having fun, etc. But even then, that is just stress based on my mana bar can cast X number of heals, and if X is exceeded, I know I am useless and people die. And it's really only stressful after 39 as pickup groups make me reset the point at which I cast CH to see if it will land. But once I have a bead on the tank's HP and how fast it moves based on what is being pulled/killed, even that bit of stress lasts like 3, maybe 4 pulls?

enjchanter
10-12-2018, 04:53 PM
For all around play? Cleric. No contest. The way people are twinked these days you barely have to heal. It's mind numbing.

For end game raiding, probably enchanter since you're just a haste/clarity bot.

I'm second this one but not on the enchanter portion.

I started p99 as a main cleric and thoroughly enjoyed it until I hit 60. Raiding as a cleric sucked but I dont really enjoy raiding a whole lot so those compounded and burnt me out on the class. It's fun to be the class everyone is begging to join their group but I think it's the lack of power that the class has that kills it. You cant solo hardly anything efficiently (even undead tbh). You have no means of mana regen to be able to nuke much, you can gear for ac and be a bit tankier at the high end which is probably the most fun way to play a cleric (get tanky, use stuns for aggro, heal yourself) but if you take that route, I'm asking why you didnt just make a paladin.

gearing a cleric osnt much fun besides acquiring some high end toys (VP weapons, puppet strings, ragefire armor) because the amount of "power" you gain hits a state of diminishing returns pretty quick. It's very common to hear "hit 4k mana and then main swap" but even my cleric with a buffed 3600 still is more than enough to heal practically anything. Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time investing in classes that dont get more powerful with gear (clerics, mages, wizards, rogues to an extent) and progression is alot of what keeps the game fun. Sure technically you could make that case for any class but dont tell me you dont feel a difference between a tank with 6100 hp buffed and a tank with 5100 hp buffed. If I'm investing into a character, I want a stronger character not "oh I can cast .5 more CH's now"

This is all my subjective opinion, some people do really love clerics and I will never fault someone for that but it's simply not my style. Maybe one day I'll reconsider.

tsuchang
10-12-2018, 05:14 PM
The most boring class was History with Mrs. Gagliardy.

azeth
10-12-2018, 05:18 PM
The most boring class was History with Mrs. Gagliardy.

history was my fav :\ mrs gag was a cow though, true

Gozuk
10-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Bards. No double attack ROFL

Ashintar
10-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Cleric by far, especially if you're raiding.

Servant
10-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Cleric by far, especially if you're raiding.

I just don't get that. Druids have 1 spell to cast for healing, plus a buff or 2 that adds regen. Clerics have CH, Remedy, Divine Light, Celestial Elixir, Mark of Karn, Word of Restoration, and Heroic Bond as healing options alone, along with a better root and amazing stuns. Druids do 2 things on a raid - buffs and spot heals, and spot healing is not nearly as much of a pressure cooker as being in a CH chain, where literally a 1 second delay in your cast could mean the entire raid wipes, with the blame clearly attributable to the fail cleric.

To each their own I guess, but it really puzzles me that anyone would claim it's more fun to main heal as a druid. I've seen many a cleric that seemingly only used CH and the occasional remedy on caster, and that would be boring, but that's a self-limitation, not an intrinsic limitation of the class.

Obeast44
10-13-2018, 07:00 AM
Notice, nobody said Shaman....that class is a keyboard/mouse killer.

Evia
10-13-2018, 11:31 AM
Notice, nobody said Shaman....that class is a keyboard/mouse killer.

I quit my shaman because i got tired of the endless cannibalizing. I think after the bard, shaman is next in line for cramping the wrists. Even with a macro it was so unbelievably tedious.

ScaringChildren
10-13-2018, 11:34 AM
I quit my shaman because i got tired of the endless cannibalizing. I think after the bard, shaman is next in line for cramping the wrists. Even with a macro it waa so unbelievably tedious.

I prefer the Necro's lich style more.

Sure, you can accidentally kill yourself if you leave it on but it's much easier on the fingers and you can heal yourself while doing damage too.

It's just a better system imo.

Jauna
10-13-2018, 12:50 PM
I like canniing on my shaman. watching iksar bp + troll regen tick up while my mana ticks up gives me a weird warm feeling in my lower gut area that is only matched by the uncomfortableness of people healing me or i am fm/fhp

Crede
10-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Hello,

What do you think is the most boring and painful class to level? What class is most boring end game? Personally I could never get into playing a cleric. What y'all think?

I don't believe you can answer both questions with one class as those concepts are mutually exclusive in the classic era. The most fun classes to level are typically the most boring end game and vice versa. It also doesn't help that classic raid content is just extremely mundane.

Most boring class to level: Rogue
Most boring class to raid: Enchanter

wittles
10-13-2018, 01:32 PM
For me the most boring is cleric. Especially with lazy ass pullers.

Doil_Boil
10-13-2018, 01:53 PM
Economics

Muggens
10-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Yeah the lack of responsibility is a huge win for rogue, I agree, but our actual responsibilities were pretty fun.

Let’s not forget rogue ultra invis. I used to be very bad at navigating 3D environments in EQ and not knowing where you’re going was a death sentence in dungeons. I... never knew where I was going. It’d always take me multiple trips to a zone to begin to get it, so perma invis to practically everything was of utmost importance to spatially challenged me, and I also got to take my time and explore everything without being in a rush.

I also love the invisibility because it lets me occasionally play hero and drag my or someone else’s group out of the depths of some horrible place. It’s less fun when it’s on your shoulders to solo / duo drag 30+ people across a zone, but I was good at organizing those so it wasn’t too terrible the many times I had to do that in Hate and Sky and VP. Finding lost corpses in fear which are legally prohibited from giving you a loc was fun game for me.

Always liked lockpicking and pickpocketing hill giants on live was a hoot. Trying to solo on the class everyone says you can’t solo on... and the massive backstabs. Topping the dps charts thanks to my many shaman friends over the years. Yeah, rogue was ok.

I first made my rogue just so I could explore all the dungeons I hadnt seen yet. Then I found out it was fun to level. Even soloing as rogue is fun, because of limitations, and what clickies you can get. Pick Pocket and Lock also cool abilities, just wish I could use them more. 60 Rogs should all be pick pocketing all the time. Just be group leader then no-one can kick u if u get caught. Some traps to disarm would be nice too.
I still have my lvl 20 Rodcet Nife worshipping human rogue with mrylo pants, maybe he'll get on the grind this winter. If I could grind one more 60 its gotta be another rog :p

tsuchang
10-13-2018, 05:26 PM
I prefer the Necro's lich style more.

Sure, you can accidentally kill yourself if you leave it on but it's much easier on the fingers and you can heal yourself while doing damage too.

It's just a better system imo.

Yup.

Bristlebaner
10-13-2018, 05:28 PM
Shaman still dominate necros when it comes to end game ability.

ScaringChildren
10-13-2018, 07:17 PM

After a 200k investment and level 60.

Nexii
10-13-2018, 07:50 PM

If by end game you mean soloing yea. But where it comes to end game raiding, necros and shamans fulfill very different roles and aren't comparable at all.

mickmoranis
10-13-2018, 08:25 PM

Lol or have the most insane and exciting experience in eq that you could possibly have soling rooms of 15 mobs in tight tunnels in the deepest dungeon you calm your way through right infont of the faces of hundreds of Kos creatures capable of wiping entire groups.

But raiding sure.

But that's not fun for anyone.

Enchanters outside of raiding are hands down the most exciting and fun classes to play.

mickmoranis
10-13-2018, 08:27 PM
Wizard is pretty boring.

Being able to destroy a mob at 50% with one spell is cool, but it gets old fast when it's your only method of killing.

Rogue is similar, but it seems more engaging somehow and getting those massive backstabs are satisfying.

This. Wizards from level 1 to 60 are the same. Sit. Watch Netflix and think about how awesome you could be if you weren't on the blue server

Valrok
10-15-2018, 02:22 PM
Accounting is super boring

GlassDeviant
10-15-2018, 04:31 PM
Accounting is super boring

You haven't done your own taxes, have you? 8^D

Octopath
10-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Curious for a casual twinked player,

Sk or monk more boring?

Bbeta
10-15-2018, 04:49 PM

Enchanters play a huge roll in the end game. Think of it this way, a little sprinkle good faction, the spell mem blur, and a bit of knowledge of pathing mechanics; results in some pro counter training or tov pull clean up.

ScaringChildren
10-15-2018, 06:56 PM
Curious for a casual twinked player,

Sk or monk more boring?

I have a soft spot for monks, but I would probably say they would be more boring than SK.

You really can't beat hybrids in that department.

They scratch both caster and melee itches.

That's not to say Monks are boring though.

Monks are simple in style, but there's a lot to master there so it keeps you occupied.

Synthlol
10-16-2018, 02:16 AM
People always say all you do is buff as an enc, but that hasn’t been my experience. I often bind sight targets/pullers, goalie, charm pretty much everywhere but VP and ToV. And if you want to do more, you can - get a shield of the immaculate to do disease cures, get involved with the pull team (DA earring FTW).

You're my kind of chanter.

Synthlol
10-16-2018, 02:24 AM
I just don't get that. Druids have 1 spell to cast for healing, plus a buff or 2 that adds regen. Clerics have CH, Remedy, Divine Light, Celestial Elixir, Mark of Karn, Word of Restoration, and Heroic Bond as healing options alone, along with a better root and amazing stuns. Druids do 2 things on a raid - buffs and spot heals, and spot healing is not nearly as much of a pressure cooker as being in a CH chain, where literally a 1 second delay in your cast could mean the entire raid wipes, with the blame clearly attributable to the fail cleric.

To each their own I guess, but it really puzzles me that anyone would claim it's more fun to main heal as a druid. I've seen many a cleric that seemingly only used CH and the occasional remedy on caster, and that would be boring, but that's a self-limitation, not an intrinsic limitation of the class.

Druids have pets and have strong aggro spells. They're pullers. Change my mind.

indiscriminate_hater
10-16-2018, 02:47 AM
Druids aren't the most boring, but they are the least useful, all things considered. I'd have to go with warrior for most boring.

Swish2
10-16-2018, 03:11 AM
Solo warrior. I've seen it done, some poor ogre in Warsliks at the giant fort. He'd solo down a giant, no fungi, average to crap weapons...then sit there, for maybe 8-10 minutes, then do another one. Then sit there.

Legend says he's still out there, sitting....

Brut
10-16-2018, 03:23 AM
What face did the ogre have? Important detail wether he deserves sympathy or not.

XeroKill
10-16-2018, 09:53 AM
Easily Shaman for me. The constant nagging for buffs, the slow and tedious root rotting, and the general nature of being a priest class. Super powerful at 60, but an absolute chore to get there, and a complete slog to play once you are 60. Sure, I can solo dragons, but it takes a month to do it.

Baylan295
10-16-2018, 10:14 AM
You're my kind of chanter.

I just don’t get why anyone would want to be bored. Enchanters are arguably the second most active class in the game from 1-60. Why would you want to be any less active at 60? Raids are usually easier than normal soloing, any high level camp farming, or anything else. Why would I want to sit on my ass and do nothing?

Servant
10-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Druids have pets and have strong aggro spells. They're pullers. Change my mind.

Druids are mediocre pullers compared to a ranger or bard outside, and they suck at pulling in dungeons where harmony doesn't work. Nature Walker's Behest is like a wimpy dot at best, and their charm only works situationally, many of the best places to hunt, like the whole chain from MM to CoM to KC to Seb, won't have anything for them to charm. They can do amazing things with the dogs in Chardok and that would indeed be fun. A cleric that's trying to do so will take aggro from a druid all day long, it's not even a contest. Stun & blind are SOOOOO much more effective as aggro spells than anything a druid has. Clerics get a pet too, and though it's as situational as the druid bear, it really can dish out a lot of damage if you deploy it correctly, by buffing it so it can withstand a hit, and chaining it out to extra mobs besides the first one you cast it on. I've had at least a couple fights where I probably did 30% of the total damage to a group-target mob with the hammer, because the group was sustainable but had no dps to speak of.

Whether you'll be convinced or not remains up to you, though please note that you've moved the goalposts on me, since I was comparing the various tools & techniques for being a main healer between druids and clerics. I've played Cleric to 60, and druid to 57, so I do have plenty of personal experience with both.

aaezil
10-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Look at all these rogue apologists hahaha they prob just never played a real class

Arakash
10-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Solo warrior. I've seen it done, some poor ogre in Warsliks at the giant fort. He'd solo down a giant, no fungi, average to crap weapons...then sit there, for maybe 8-10 minutes, then do another one. Then sit there.

Legend says he's still out there, sitting....

This made me laugh. It reminds me of my dwarf warrior who I play in the off hours.

Synthlol
10-16-2018, 04:09 PM
Druids are mediocre pullers compared to a ranger or bard outside, and they suck at pulling in dungeons where harmony doesn't work. Nature Walker's Behest is like a wimpy dot at best, and their charm only works situationally, many of the best places to hunt, like the whole chain from MM to CoM to KC to Seb, won't have anything for them to charm. They can do amazing things with the dogs in Chardok and that would indeed be fun. A cleric that's trying to do so will take aggro from a druid all day long, it's not even a contest. Stun & blind are SOOOOO much more effective as aggro spells than anything a druid has. Clerics get a pet too, and though it's as situational as the druid bear, it really can dish out a lot of damage if you deploy it correctly, by buffing it so it can withstand a hit, and chaining it out to extra mobs besides the first one you cast it on. I've had at least a couple fights where I probably did 30% of the total damage to a group-target mob with the hammer, because the group was sustainable but had no dps to speak of.

Whether you'll be convinced or not remains up to you, though please note that you've moved the goalposts on me, since I was comparing the various tools & techniques for being a main healer between druids and clerics. I've played Cleric to 60, and druid to 57, so I do have plenty of personal experience with both.

I understand you were comparing them as healers, and I agree with you for the most part in that regard. Your analysis is valid for grouping. My contention is that at end game, they aren't healers. They should be a part of raid pull teams, and I'm the sort of person who finds that fun.

I will challenge your assertion that druids don't have good aggro spells compared to stun/blind. Try out Flame Lick some time.

Servant
10-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Yes, well, end-game is a different game. I said in my original post that pulling is the only part that really looks fun for end-game, though all I've done is Cleric and Enchanter. Usually I've seen Druids deployed as spot healers in end-game, and in truth that's probably the most fun thing to do that's not the pull team. Really though, figuring out which class is most fun in the end-game is a similar exercise to deciding which tax form is the most fun to fill out.

Crede
10-16-2018, 09:23 PM
Really though, figuring out which class is most fun in the end-game is a similar exercise to deciding which tax form is the most fun to fill out.

Agreed, end game blows in classic. No class is fun to play at 60. Live fixed that with AA's & scripted raids. Only challenges here are mobilization and waking up at 2am for quakes.

Enjoy the ride.

Synthlol
10-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Really though, figuring out which class is most fun in the end-game is a similar exercise to deciding which tax form is the most fun to fill out.

Agreed, end game blows in classic. No class is fun to play at 60. Live fixed that with AA's & scripted raids. Only challenges here are mobilization and waking up at 2am for quakes.

I'm sorry you both feel that way. I have a blast pulling, even in raids that don't need a batphone like royals, HoT, and Sky.

Bbeta
10-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Let’s not forget rogue ultra invis.

you mean, aalpha's pro advice of hugging the walls?

Mattius
10-20-2018, 06:56 PM
I find main tank and main heal as my least favorite things to do when characters are stacked in progress.

Asteria
10-20-2018, 07:32 PM

Poor wizards...I'm surprised they don't "accidentally" port people to Plane of Hate more often. :( Spell AAs like increased crits made nuking so much more fun for many classes, but especially wizards.

This is all matter of opinions but I'll give my 2 copper...

Cleric

Everyone has different things they can do in different situations. Of those cleric is the most like limited.

Yes a cleric can CC rather well with roots and stun command. But so can all of the other priests and casters with root (sorry mage). And in a group situation once a camp is broken the cleric doing or even helping with CC is usually very minimal.

The better gear your melee and tank has the less work a cleric does. The gear levels on p99 are so much higher than what the game is balanced for at almost every level bracket that even at 58 I find my cleric just casting celestial or remedy to top someone off just to prevent me from reaching 100m (wasting Mana if not medding)

Solo wise cleric is just awful pretty much a waste of time. Basically in the high 50s it means spending an entire Mana bar to kill 1 con blue or light blue.

Gear upgrades. Aside from some clickies and resists mostly just means a bigger Mana pool. Barely relevant in group content and only relevant in a few raid bosses or if your doing a raid boss with a few less clerics in the chain. Overall not much to look forward too.

Group content. People want clerics for alot of normal camps and a few plat camps, sometimes to pair with enchanters. However on the high end alot of times a good torpor shaman can completely replace the need for a cleric.

Raid content. Hit CH macro sit and eat mod rods. A requirement for raids but that's about it

High end.. gearing up a cleric extends your length in a CH chain, doesn't do much for your group or solo play. Other classes can raid just fine and get much bigger benefits from raid gear in terms of their raid role, group role and solo play
I've always felt cleric may be great if you love to chat or multi-task play EQ when not in a dire or tough combat situation.

TBH mage soloing in sol/guk was a fun challenge compared to an enc or nec.

You don't have the enc/nec swiss army knives, it's all about the pet, and chaining pets to break camps was certainly not boring to me. Some truly epic battles were fought for sure.

Mr. Miyagi would totally agree with this. For Example, taking on multiple guards in Highhold keep in the 20s and early 30s with doing some extra damage and shielding the pet/burning 1 guard down by being in melee range with fire DS on himself(as well as pet) and some decent +hp gear and always having the self-only HP regen "armor" shield buff on certainly
can make a magician much more interesting and less boring. You don't have to chain fire pet 100% of the time solo (especially before lvl 30) when there is almost nowhere to run around or you don't have root nets yet or just don't want to use them.

Leveling, I'd say druid has been the most boring. In part that's because I haven't played either of the top contenders, Wizard and Rogue. In part that's because I don't particularly care to solo usually. In groups all you do as a druid is help get people to the hunting spot, sit there, buff people, cast the same heal periodically, and port people out afterwards.

Servant, have you not been in any groups on your druid where you can provide DPS with nuke or DoTs or ghetto CC with snare/root? BTW I'm curious: wot are good grouping areas that druids can utilize a strong charmed animal pet?

Personally, I'd vote for wizard, cleric, & magician being the most boring overall to the most people. I'd also rank dps monk pretty high if you almost never get to do fun pulls or tank.

Asteria
10-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Easily Shaman for me. The constant nagging for buffs, the slow and tedious root rotting, and the general nature of being a priest class. Super powerful at 60, but an absolute chore to get there, and a complete slog to play once you are 60. Sure, I can solo dragons, but it takes a month to do it.

True......
*Remembers that one time during LDoN era that shaman pets could still dual wield(mine always did with mage proc weapons) and they added that shaman spell that gave your target a large damage spell proc buff that had an insanely high proc rate until they nerfed the proc rate.*