PDA

View Full Version : P99 access with PEQ/TGC & TAKP installed and working?

Yinn Yang
10-11-2018, 10:15 AM
So I logged into an old desktop I had configured with both TAKP and PEQ (The Grand Creation) servers. Logged into both and they worked flawlessly. I was hoping to access P99 (blue) through those, but not seeing it on the server selection list anymore. I thought blue and red P99 used to show up whenever you were entering TAKP (in server select screen), but I could be mistaken.

Question is, I want to log back into Project 1999 (blue) using this desktop with minimal effort, is there a way to do that? Or am I better of installing a fresh Titanium install and configure it for P99? If I do a clean install, will it conflict with my other versions, would PEQ and TAKP need to be uninstalled?

Was hoping I could just change something in the configuration to see the blue server in my list of choices again, then just log into the game that way, but something tells me it may not be that simple?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Schaduwridder
10-11-2018, 11:01 AM
you need to set your eqhost for the proper server and port depending on your installation

if you want access to all eq you set your eqhost to eqemulator.net

you cannot play on p99 / takp or TGC with the same installation , half your abilities will be fuzzy or display level 255 required

you should be using rof client for tgc and have the latest spell file and verson of mq, creamo is up to 7

also, skip takp and p99 if you really want to eq play on tgc, you can play eq and skip 99% of the drama / garbage

Yinn Yang
10-11-2018, 11:12 AM
you need to set your eqhost for the proper server and port depending on your installation

if you want access to all eq you set your eqhost to eqemulator.net

you cannot play on p99 / takp or TGC with the same installation , half your abilities will be fuzzy or display level 255 required

you should be using rof client for tgc and have the latest spell file and verson of mq, creamo is up to 7

also, skip takp and p99 if you really want to eq play on tgc, you can play eq and skip 99% of the drama / garbage

Thanks Schad...

Forgot that PEQ uses ROF client, makes sense I can use that for P99. I haven't logged into PEQ for at least 4 years.

I'm definitely familiar with all the drama, but my two sons have started characters on P99 and I do already have an account set up there, just need to get back into it (it's been a while since I've logged in there, too).

I'll either try to use my TAKP install for P99 (just set the eqhost file and try that) or I'll do a new install of Titanium and config that for P99... might be the best solution.

Schaduwridder
10-11-2018, 12:12 PM
peq does not use rof client, you can use titanium , underfoot or rof

if you use underfoot or rof you get throne and a bunch of other abilities, graphics will be better and clickit /not|Me and many other switches will fire properly ( Flawlessly )

if you use titanium you can use a gutted / stripped version of mq that will allow you to box significantly more clients but offer less customization and a lot of your AA abilities will be Unknown database errors when training ( But work on your chars )

Yinn Yang
10-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Can't recall exactly which client I used for PEQ, been a long time ago. I have a feeling it was Underfoot... but I also used my Titanium discs for a lot of the emu applications back then (I still have my original Titanium from way back when).

Sounds like I'd better just do a clean install of Titanium for the P99 version I'd like to run, then I can tweak it to be what I want (I like the older music files and the Velious UI, for nostalgia's sake).