PDA

View Full Version : Fishing / Saltwater Seaweed

Zuranthium
10-10-2018, 03:43 AM
I've never done Fishing before, but heard Fishing Poles can break, is this true?

Exactly how many Poles, how much Grub, and skill level in Fishing should I have in order to be able to get 2 Saltwater Seaweeds?

Swish2
10-10-2018, 04:16 AM
They do break, and the gnomish ones can break too (thought I'd beat the system and buy a gnomish one thinking it couldn't happen).

Muggens
10-10-2018, 09:40 AM
I never had my fishing rod boken. Lost a few lures tho. I do not recommend fly fishing.

bigjeff100
10-10-2018, 09:51 AM
I friggin broke my EB fishing pole from SG learning this the hard way....

Immok
10-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Exactly how many Poles, how much Grub, and skill level in Fishing should I have in order to be able to get 2 Saltwater Seaweeds?

6 poles and 13 stacks of bait. Not sure on the skill, but the higher the it is the less sandals you catch.

Crom
10-10-2018, 12:44 PM
I've never done Fishing before, but heard Fishing Poles can break, is this true?

Last time I did that quest, at 170 skill, I spent 1h fishing to get two and my pole had to be replaced two times, did it at BB docks, so fishing vendors is at docks so it's no problem replacing anything.

I think used another four poles doing the karana fishing part, but that was only because I wanted two stacks of eggs for the future. (only need 1 (2) for the quest)

The BB Seeweed part feels super random while the karana feels skill based

Ghostly
10-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Damn, i was all excited. I was expecting a real fishing thread.

BarackObooma
10-10-2018, 03:32 PM
I was in OOT trying to forage a quest item and went ahead and fished there. It took between 1/2 hour to an hour to get two. Wasn't terrible. The vendor on sister isle sells fishing poles. I went through about 2-3 and a little less than two stacks of bait.

Gilder
10-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Damn, i was all excited. I was expecting a real fishing thread.

Same. Feelsbadman. I remember getting out my fishing pole in City of Mist all the time much to everyone's delight and surprise. KEEP FISHING ALIVE!

Bardolap
10-10-2018, 10:47 PM
I like to fish and take the boat and waste time not really doing anything...

As a result, I spend a good bit of time sitting at the BB docks waiting for the boat. Yesterday, I got and destroyed a couple of dozen saltwater seaweeds while waiting for the boat. My fishing skill is 190 though, not certain how much of a difference that makes...

Zuranthium
10-12-2018, 04:55 AM
I started with a skill of 80 and it only took me 2 poles and 28 pieces of bait to get the 2 Saltwater Seaweeds in Timorous Deep. Didn't take much time either, sounded like it would be more consuming. I ended up staying and fishing for 4 pieces of Saltwater Seaweed.