PDA

View Full Version : Why Harry Potter Should Have Carried A 1911

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 02:59 PM
Ok, this has been driving me crazy for seven movies now, and I know you’re going to roll your eyes, but hear me out: Harry Potter should have carried a 1911.

https://i.imgur.com/CnrIcEE.gif

Here’s why:

Think about how quickly the entire WWWIII (Wizarding-World War III) would have ended if all of the good guys had simply armed up with good ol’ American hot lead.

Basilisk? Let’s see how tough it is when you shoot it with a .470 Nitro Express. Worried about its Medusa-gaze? Wear night vision goggles. The image is light-amplified and re-transmitted to your eyes. You aren’t looking at it–you’re looking at a picture of it.

Imagine how epic the first movie would be if Harry had put a breeching charge on the bathroom wall, flash-banged the hole, and then went in wearing NVGs and a Kevlar-weave stab-vest, carrying a SPAS-12.

And have you noticed that only Europe seems to a problem with Deatheaters? Maybe it’s because Americans have spent the last 200 years shooting deer, playing GTA: Vice City, and keeping an eye out for black helicopters over their compounds. Meanwhile, Brits have been cutting their steaks with spoons. Remember: gun-control means that Voldemort wins. God made wizards and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

Now I know what you’re going to say: “But a wizard could just disarm someone with a gun!” Yeah, well they can also disarm someone with a wand (as they do many times throughout the books/movies). But which is faster: saying a spell or pulling a trigger?

Avada Kedavra, meet Avtomat Kalashnikova.

Imagine Harry out in the woods, wearing his invisibility cloak, carrying a .50bmg Barrett, turning Deatheaters into pink mist, scratching a lightning bolt into his rifle stock for each kill. I don’t think Madam Pomfrey has any spells that can scrape your brains off of the trees and put you back together after something like that. Voldemort’s wand may be 13.5 inches with a Phoenix-feather core, but Harry’s would be 0.50 inches with a tungsten core. Let’s see Voldy wave his at 3,000 feet per second. Better hope you have some Essence of Dittany for that sucking chest wound.

I can see it now…Voldemort roaring with evil laughter and boasting to Harry that he can’t be killed, since he is protected by seven Horcruxes, only to have Harry give a crooked grin, flick his cigarette butt away, and deliver what would easily be the best one-liner in the entire series:

“Well then I guess it’s a good thing my 1911 holds 7+1.”

And that is why Harry Potter should have carried a 1911.

Original Author (https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/05/03/why-harry-potter-should-have-carried-a-1911/)

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 03:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Th7G8Vt.jpg

Jimjam
10-09-2018, 03:09 PM
No guns coz its England, but that one kid in the last part of the series did take a huge blade to school, which reinforces the Englishness.

All academic really as a Harry won and b it's all fake anyway.

Didn't guns feature in fantastic beasts?

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Imagine Harry out in the woods, wearing his invisibility cloak, carrying a .50bmg Barrett, turning Deatheaters into pink mist.

https://i.imgur.com/gBTz7Ik.png

katrik
10-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Haha great thread.

loramin
10-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Typical conservative fantasy: only the good guys have guns :rolleyes:

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Haha great thread.

https://i.imgur.com/okp66FD.gif

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 04:24 PM

Are you admitting that bad guys have guns and we should protect ourselves and the only logical way to do that is with the freedom of firearms and deregulation of current firearm laws that seriously curtail the likelihood of owning a fully automatic machine gun?

Is that what you're admitting to?

Patriam1066
10-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Neville was the real MVP

loramin
10-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Are you admitting that bad guys have guns and we should protect ourselves and the only logical way to do that is with the freedom of firearms and deregulation of current firearm laws that seriously curtail the likelihood of owning a fully automatic machine gun?

Is that what you're admitting to?

That's exactly what I was admitting Scared Child.

Because I don't believe in things like "statistics" or "logic": I just trust my gut, and my gut tells me that having more weapons of death in existence makes everyone a lot less likely to die :rolleyes:

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 04:59 PM

Because I don't believe in things like "statistics" or "logic": I just trust my gut, and my gut tells me that having more weapons of death in existence makes everyone a lot less likely to die :rolleyes:

You also don't believe in FBI investigations.

Or Due Process.

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 05:18 PM

"I trust my gut that if there are no weapons evil people will cease to exist!"

loramin
10-09-2018, 05:20 PM
You also don't believe in FBI investigations.

Or Due Process.

That's a very odd thing to say, seeing as how I've never discussed due process with you in my life.

There was that whole Kavanaugh thread, but (and I know this was like an entire week ago, and the guy looked guilty as hell, so I'll understand if you're confused) Kavanaugh was never part of a criminal investigation. Due process never had anything to do with that thread.

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 05:24 PM
That's a very odd thing to say, seeing as how I've never discussed due process with you in my life.

There was that whole Kavanaugh thread, but (and I know this was like an entire week ago, and the guy looked guilty as hell, so I'll understand if you're confused) Kavanaugh was never part of a criminal investigation. Due process never had anything to do with that thread.

But nothing.

Due Process is a fundamental part of our society.

You don't get to drop it for a week as soon as it's politically convenient for you.

We live in the same country.

We at least have to agree on the basics.

If I can't count on you for that, then why live together?

(it's your turn to wash the dishes btw)

Jimjam
10-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Neville was the real MVP

He is up there with LotR Sam.

"I cast sword!"

loramin
10-09-2018, 05:28 PM
But nothing.

Due Process is a fundamental part of our society.

You don't get to drop it for a week as soon as it's politically convenient for you.

We live in the same country.

We at least have to agree on the basics.

If I can't count on you for that, then why live together?

(it's your turn to wash the dishes btw)

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of that phrase:

due proc·ess
d(y)o͞o prəˈses/
noun
fair treatment through the normal judicial system, especially as a citizen's entitlement.

Kavanaugh never went through the judicial system (although he wanted to, and succeeded at, becoming a part of said system at the highest level possible) ... ergo due process has nothing to do with him.

Now if he'd ever gotten charged with rape, then we could talk about whether or not he got due process, but as we all know he never has (been charged).

I have to say though, what impresses me about you is you get so many things so wrong, so often, and yet it never stops you from saying more wrong things. Most people would be ashamed at being wrong so often, but you persevere.

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 05:39 PM

the right has held a monopoly on political violence all my life. suddenly antifa shows up and they wanna cry foul.

they wanted this noise and now they complainin'

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 05:41 PM
I have to say though, what impresses me about you is you get so many things so wrong, so often, and yet it never stops you from saying more wrong things. Most people would be ashamed at being wrong so often, but you persevere.

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Kavanaugh never went through the judicial system (although he wanted to, and succeeded at, becoming a part of said system at the highest level possible) ... ergo due process has nothing to do with him.

Now if he'd ever gotten charged with rape, then we could talk about whether or not he got due process, but as we all know he never has (been charged).

The testimonies were sworn under oath, was that not a legal process? I suppose if they lied under oath it would be fine since they "never went through the judicial process"?

You idiots do the same thing with freedom of speech and expression as well.

It's called 'Legal Culture', and it's part of civility.

You use it every day without realizing it.

If someone runs up to you and claims something, you usually follow up by saying "how do you know this?".

We also let people speak their minds without outright condemning them or violently attacking them.

None of those scenarios involve the judicial system, but they do involve people who are entitled to the spirit of due process because we are civil.

misterbonkers
10-09-2018, 05:43 PM
wonkie will you admit that i am at least not as big a weiner as loramin

Ahldagor
10-09-2018, 05:43 PM
The testimonies were sworn under oath, was that not a legal process? I suppose if they lied under oath it would be fine since they "never went through the judicial process"?

You idiots do the same thing with freedom of speech and expression as well.

It's called 'Legal Culture', and it's part of civility.

You use it every day without realizing it.

If someone runs up to you and claims something, you usually follow up by saying "how do you know this?".

We also let people speak their minds without outright condemning them or violently attacking them.

None of those scenarios involve the judicial system, but they do involve people who are entitled to the spirit of due process because we are civil.

Careful not to pull something with your stretching.

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 05:45 PM
wonkie will you admit that i am at least not as big a weiner as loramin

yeah he's a reddit guy so of course. not that i meant it sincerely either.

im just thinkin bout them dogs

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Careful not to pull something with your stretching.

How is that stretching at all?

See this? I'm asking you for "evidence".

It's a little thing that proves your statement correct.

We use "evidence" to convict people of crimes.

You guys will learn eventually.

loramin
10-09-2018, 05:53 PM

You are equating swearing an oath during a political appointment to being charged with a crime. The fact that you (either through stupidity or sheer willfulness) fail to understanding the difference between the two just means you're not equipped to talk with the grown-ups.

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."

Brilliant quote, who's it from?

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 05:54 PM
You are equating swearing an oath during a political appointment to being charged with a crime. The fact that you (either through stupidity or sheer willfulness) fail to understanding the difference between the two just means you're not equipped to talk with the grown-ups.

Brilliant quote, who's it from?

jean paul sartre i think he's french

loramin
10-09-2018, 05:55 PM

Oh nice. Sartre isn't my favorite French philosopher (I <3 Foucault and Derrida more) but he's definite up there.

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 05:57 PM

We ask for evidence in civil cases as well, you idiot.

If you sue someone, you need evidence.

Jesus christ lol

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure you understand the meaning of that phrase:

in America, before you god damn assholes grew up from your parrents shitty parenting, the concepts behind the constitution and the bill of rights actually drove our entire society.

now you're GUILTY in a court of public opinion, regardless of what the state of your criminal investigation (or lack there of because youre not a criminal) dictates.

YOU loramin, think hes guilty of rape, based soley on the aligation, and after the FBI investigation is over, that YOUR leaders asked for, and brett said would end exactly like this, you think its invalid and he's guilty anyway.

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 06:03 PM
loramin: "Due Process only applies to criminal law, you stupid Republican."

Lol

loramin
10-09-2018, 06:04 PM

Jesus christ lol

And what was Kav being sued for, ill-equipped child?

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Oh nice. Sartre isn't my favorite French philosopher (I <3 Foucault and Derrida more) but he's definite up there.

don't really know philosophy stuff, i just think it's a good explanation of the new vein of politics. it's not even necessary to be an anti-semite to be a bad actor.

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 06:06 PM
don't really know philosophy stuff, i just think it's a good explanation of the new vein of politics. it's not even necessary to be an anti-semite to be a bad actor.

Have you ever had an argument with someone who was an anti-semite?

The closest person I can think of is Patriam and even I'm not sure he is.

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Have you ever had an argument with someone who was an anti-semite?

The closest person I can think of is Patriam and even I'm not sure he is.

hey dipshit it's not about antisemitism shutup

and yes, on this very board.

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 06:09 PM
hey dipshit it's not about antisemitism shutup

So you've never argued with a real anti-semite.

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 06:11 PM
So you've never argued with a real anti-semite.

*applies wedgie*

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 06:14 PM

Again, Due Process applies to any legal process.

Not just criminal (like you think lol)

Kavanaugh's case falls under Civil law.

Civil law doesn't require a lawsuit.

Again, (one more time so it sinks in) Due Process is:

"fair treatment through the normal judicial system"

Got it now?

misterbonkers
10-09-2018, 06:20 PM
you could honestly remake this entire video with dino posts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx4BVGPkdzk)

Schaduwridder
10-09-2018, 06:21 PM
harry potter and the virgin wizard

cringing hard for you

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 06:21 PM
you could honestly remake this entire video with dino posts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx4BVGPkdzk)

Yeah, someone who is defending the concept of Due Process is totally a fascist...

Lol fucking morons, no wonder you guys lose all the time.

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 06:23 PM

sued?

What are you talking about?

There were allegations made against him by a woman.

There was no lawsuit.

The allegations were taken by press (some how *cough* dianne fuckstien *cough*) and then people like YOU decided he was guilty, based soley on the allegations.

Because apparently the difference between being a rapist supporter and being moral is you have to believe allegations made by women when they have to do with sexual things.

Anywho... it didnt used to be that way, because the constitution in this country has been not just how our LAW works, but it defines american culture.

Except people like you, again I have to explain, who had very bad parents and now are grown up having been raised by hollywood, and illegal imigrants and other foreigners that think this country owes them something, ARE TRYING TO CHANGE that.

Look, if there is any example about why I want a civil war, its Loramin. Everything you say you base (admitedly) on lack of knowledge and understanding of the subject, yet you demand that everyone who disagree's with you is wrong.

There is no convincing people like you. There is only locking you up.

Ill happily do it.

Stand up for what you believe in, or SHUT THE FUCK UP already.

Schaduwridder
10-09-2018, 06:28 PM
if you are accused you are most likely guilty

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 06:32 PM
I have some homework for you motherfuckers, due on Monday:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Kill_a_Mockingbird

loramin
10-09-2018, 06:35 PM

Jesus christ lol

sued?

What are you talking about?

There were allegations made against him by a woman.

There was no lawsuit.

Exactly the point I was making. Do try to keep up Mick (and Scared Child).

loramin
10-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Kavanaugh's case falls under Civil law.

There was no case! He was nominated and then appointed by politicians; the judiciary never even entered the picture (well except in the sense that Kav was trying to become a part of the judiciary).

But please do keep the incorrect statements coming: even a broken clock is correct twice a day right?

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Exactly the point I was making. Do try to keep up Mick (and Scared Child).

What's your point, nerd?

I just said civil law doesn't require a lawsuit.

Public notaries are part of the judiciary, hell even getting married is a legal process.

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 06:45 PM
There was no case! He was nominated and then appointed by politicians; the judiciary never even entered the picture (well except in the sense that Kav was trying to become a part of the judiciary).

But please do keep the incorrect statements coming: even a broken clock is correct twice a day right?

He went through the judicial system.

It doesn't require a case or lawsuit.

Hell, you even need a witness to get married legally.

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 06:46 PM

lmao this is like offtopic.txt

my ears hurt

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 06:57 PM
Calm down, I'll eventually stop political sperging and go back to nihilism.exe mode.

loramin
10-09-2018, 07:06 PM
He went through the judicial system.

It doesn't require a case or lawsuit.

Hell, you even need a witness to get married legally.

But you don't need due process to get married!

I don't know how many ways I can repeat this: due process is about ensuring your legal rights. To even have your legal rights questioned in the first place, you need to be charged with a crime, sued, or otherwise threatened with some sort of consequence by a judicial system. Then, and only then, if you don't get a fair chance to defend yourself against those consequences, your right to due process has been violated.

But, and again I don't know how else to repeat this in a way that you'll understand, but ... Kav was neither sued, nor charged with a crime, or in any way involved with the Judiciary branch of our government. He was nominated by the Executive Branch. He was appointed by the Legislative Branch. The Judicial branch had nothing, whatsoever, to do with his appointment ... which is exactly how the founders of our country intended it.

If the Judiciary got to decide who was allowed to become the next Supreme Court Justice it would completely bypass the entire system of checks and balances setup between the three governmental branches.

Surely you woke up from naps in your civics class enough to know about that?

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 07:23 PM
But you don't need due process to get married!

I don't know how many ways I can repeat this: due process is about ensuring your legal rights. To even have your legal rights questioned in the first place, you need to be charged with a crime, sued, or otherwise threatened with some sort of consequence by a judicial system. Then, and only then, if you don't get a fair chance to defend yourself against those consequences, your right to due process has been violated.

But, and again I don't know how else to repeat this in a way that you'll understand, but ... Kav was neither sued, nor charged with a crime, or in any way involved with the Judiciary branch of our government. He was nominated by the Executive Branch. He was appointed by the Legislative Branch. The Judicial branch had nothing, whatsoever, to do with his appointment ... which is exactly how the founders of our country intended it.

If the Judiciary got to decide who was allowed to become the next Supreme Court Justice it would completely bypass the entire system of checks and balances setup between the three governmental branches.

Surely you woke up from naps in your civics class enough to know about that?

Seriously, dude.

I JUST gave you the definition of Due Process:

fair treatment through the normal judicial system, especially as a citizen's entitlement

The Judicial Branch of the government also isn't involved when Sally sues you for pissing on her yard either, but that doesn't mean you're not entitled to due process.

And yes, you may not need due process when getting married but you're entitled to it anyway if the need arises. For instance, if the judge says you require two witnesses instead of the one.

And again, if it wasn't a legal process, then why did both parties swear under oath? For shits and giggles?

You're essentially saying that getting married is a more serious legal process than swearing in a Supreme Court Justice (of which there are only 9 in the US).

Please. For the love of God.

Stop being retarded.

loramin
10-09-2018, 07:30 PM
And again, if it wasn't a legal process, then why did both parties swear under oath? For shits and giggles?

You're essentially saying that getting married is a more serious legal process than swearing in a Supreme Court Justice (of which there are only 9 in the US).

Please. For the love of God.

Stop being retarded.

Don't try and put words in my mouth: you're just grasping at straws, and kind of pathetically at that.

Look, you can't even meet your own definition:

fair treatment through the normal judicial system, especially as a citizen's entitlement

Which aspect of the judicial system was involved with Kav's nomination and/or appointment? And no, swearing on a bible does not magically make something part of the judicial system (god, I feel stupid for even having to write that).

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Which aspect of the judicial system was involved with Kav's nomination and/or appointment? And no, swearing on a bible does not magically make something part of the judicial system (god, I feel stupid for even having to write that).

The group that confirms justices is literally called "Senate Judiciary Committee".

First, the committee conducts a prehearing investigation into the nominee’s background.

Then it holds a public hearing, in which the nominee is questioned and may give testimony about everything from his judicial philosophy to his stance on abortion.

That is the legal process. It's a process of vetting and finding the truth.

You don't find the truth without investigation.

You don't find the truth by blindly accepting random accusations.

loramin
10-09-2018, 07:53 PM
The group that confirms justices is literally called "Senate Judiciary Committee".

First, the committee conducts a prehearing investigation into the nominee’s background.

Then it holds a public hearing, in which the nominee is questioned and may give testimony about everything from his judicial philosophy to his stance on abortion.

That is the legal process. It's a process of vetting and finding the truth.

You don't find the truth without investigation.

You don't find the truth by blindly accepting random accusations.

It's ok to admit you're wrong. We're all wrong from time to time. You don't have to apologize, though of course it would be nice.

And look I know you're wrong a lot, so this would be a lot of admitting that you'd have to start doing, but maybe, just maybe, if you actually did it it would have the effect of making you not want to say wrong thing as much. Maybe.

Also, it's called the "Senate Judiciary Committee" because the branch of government that the supreme court justice will be a part of is the judiciary branch. The committee exists to select a member of that branch, thus it's the judiciary committee.

However, the Senate itself (and again, did you really sleep through your entire high school civics class?) is a part of the legislative branch.

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 08:04 PM
It's ok to admit you're wrong. We're all wrong from time to time. You don't have to apologize, though of course it would be nice.

And look I know you're wrong a lot, so this would be a lot of admitting that you'd have to start doing, but maybe, just maybe, if you actually did it it would have the effect of making you not want to say wrong thing as much. Maybe.

Also, it's called the "Senate Judiciary Committee" because the branch of government that the supreme court justice will be a part of is the judiciary branch. The committee exists to select a member of that branch, thus it's the judiciary committee.

However, the Senate itself (and again, did you really sleep through your entire high school civics class?) is a part of the legislative branch.

Lol and now you're projecting because you know you're wrong.

And no, the committee isn't called that because they solely select Justices.

They have more responsibilities... (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_Committee_on_the_Judiciary)

It's clear you people don't respect Due Process (https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/16/joe-manchin-laments-fifth-amendment-due-process-is/)

You're all fucking tyrants and tyrants get a bullet to the head.

loramin
10-09-2018, 08:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/yutRrqm.jpg

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 08:26 PM
is loramin still trying to spin that illiterate media created bullshit that "because you're not on trial you are not suposed to have the right of innocent until proven guilty?"

I swear if only you guys said something, ONE thing, that was different than what John Oliver and the rest of biased media you watch parrots it'd be awesome.

Just ONCE disagree with Trevor Noah, I dare you, just try it ONCE

clevergirl
10-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Why can't harry just be Han Solo and shoot first. Fucking kids these days. Always trying to hope and pray and vote.

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Didnt you see the movies? Han clearly fired AFTER greedo's first shot.

ALSO the police in ET are carrying walky-talkies, not shotguns.

clevergirl
10-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Didnt you see the movies? Han clearly fired AFTER greedo's first shot.

ALSO the police in ET are carrying walky-talkies, not shotguns.

I never noticed.

Armed citizens, are free citizens.

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 08:52 PM
This thread is supposed to be about harry potter but because loramin is a huge fire gaint I just wanted to remind him as loudly as I could

FOR THE REST OF YOUR NATURAL LIFE THERE WILL BE MORE CONSERVATIVE JUSTICES ON THE SUPREME COURT THAN THERE ARE LIBERAL JUDGES SO WHATEVER YOU THINK, FUCK YOU IT DOESN'T MATER YOU LOST FOR THE NEXT 50 YEARS.

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 09:33 PM
Maybe Im woried thought that the left controls the media right now that you all will buy into it more and more and eventually the SC wont even mater, because the social popularity contests, where the most patronizing and obnoxious, will become our future leaders. Like minded

That allegations by someone beloved by the leaderless ideology will be greater than the rule of law we have to day.

its really weird that something as innocent as socialism, I mean I get it, it sounds great. It SOUNDS like the way thinks should be.

But the more you try to force it, the more force you need to use.

Maybe one day socialism will be the rule of choice, but it just doesn't work until its unanimous.

Now I can already hear it, 'but in the old days we had this, and that was socialist, and also that, and that was socialist"

but yeah, sure, whatever, that was yesterday. Today you dont have this and you dont have that and nobody wants to give it to you, because they gave up the last thing they were willing to give up, so that in the old days they could have this and they could have that.

the mere facts are that as a society, we're just not ready for socialism.

Take that cult up in oregon for example.

https://i.imgur.com/JumuG2N.jpg

On paper it sounded great, peace, love, sex, unity.. it had all the makings of the literal liberal utopia.

but what happened? Shit got real dark, fast. Why? because as a society, we're not all ready to give up and follow one groups idea of the pursuit of life, as a result both parties wont get what they want so long as they need something from one another, and because we live on a small world we always end up needing something from one another.

When socialists dont get what they need, they say they have to take it (they are pacifists sure, but it is not violence if its necessary) but the thing is they will try to do it as peacefully as possible, in their minds violence is not violence if its poisoning people so they get so ill they cant go out and vote. That's sparing them the violence that they would be victims of if the liberals weren't so ethical and moral.

so yea, maybe one day people will all come to an agreement, and together youll have that socialist utopia.

but for now you just have to remember, the modern calendar is only like what 60 generations old? Like world war 2 was just 3 generations ago.

We're fuckn children (I mean I know it, I see us acting like it every day) were not ready for this trancendence all liberals want.

We're not ready to evolve to a non binary 76 sexual unit hyper species. were just not ready for it.

so what am I saying? shut up and deal with it. Dont try to force us into the binary space future, otherwise, because we're so childish, you will end up using violence to get your ways, just like every. single. communist. country. before.

Ahldagor
10-09-2018, 09:50 PM
This thread is supposed to be about harry potter but because loramin is a huge fire gaint I just wanted to remind him as loudly as I could

FOR THE REST OF YOUR NATURAL LIFE THERE WILL BE MORE CONSERVATIVE JUSTICES ON THE SUPREME COURT THAN THERE ARE LIBERAL JUDGES SO WHATEVER YOU THINK, FUCK YOU IT DOESN'T MATER YOU LOST FOR THE NEXT 50 YEARS.

Lol, your screeching is hilarious. Loramin is right, btw. Stay scared, weakling.

loramin
10-09-2018, 09:52 PM

... unless the Democrats stack the court. See you in 2020!

Lol, your screeching is hilarious. Loramin is right, btw. Stay scared, weakling.

https://i.imgur.com/pdYqKqr.gif

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 09:53 PM
read my post up here dude save yourself, save us all.

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 09:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/TD6SO8N_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 09:58 PM

"Due Process only applies to criminal law"

-Ahldagor

misterbonkers
10-09-2018, 10:11 PM
"Due Process only applies to criminal law"

-Ahldagor

https://i.imgur.com/95yzMky.png

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Leftists have lost their minds (https://youtu.be/XRrHrvg6F_I)

beargryllz
10-09-2018, 10:15 PM
We live in a society

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 10:16 PM

I'm not being pedantic, that's literally what Loramin said:

Lol what an idiot. Due Process doesn't require criminal investigation lol

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 10:18 PM
is loramin still trying to spin that illiterate media created bullshit that "because you're not on trial you are not suposed to have the right of innocent until proven guilty?"

I swear if only you guys said something, ONE thing, that was different than what John Oliver and the rest of biased media you watch parrots it'd be awesome.

Just ONCE disagree with Trevor Noah, I dare you, just try it ONCE

you have no idea what rights are lol it owns

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 10:20 PM
can't wait for kavanaugh to sue the government for....um, interviewing him

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 10:23 PM
can't wait for kavanaugh to sue the government for....um, interviewing him

Why would he do that?

The government determined he was innocent.

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Why would he do that?

The government determined he was innocent.

because his due process REEEEEEE

margatroid
10-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Is this thread funny? I don't really feel like reading it to be honest

margatroid
10-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Nobody is even rated it with stars yet so I presume it's all amateurs

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 10:29 PM
because his due process REEEEEEE

Due process prevented an innocent man from being denied a justice seat.

Sorry you didn't get a Justice.

Hope a cop pulls you over and throws you in jail without probable cause or evidence. Then your judge says to you "The cop said you raped a horse. Good enough for me. GUILTY."

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Is this thread funny? I don't really feel like reading it to be honest

I'm sperging out about politics again.

Show butt pics.

Wonkie
10-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Due process prevented an innocent man from being denied a justice seat.

Sorry you didn't get a Justice.

Hope a cop pulls you over and throws you in jail without probable cause or evidence. Then your judge says to you "The cop said you raped a horse. Good enough for me. GUILTY."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVllgTPyfk

misterbonkers
10-09-2018, 10:46 PM
Nobody is even rated it with stars yet so I presume it's all amateurs

gotta start somewhere

margatroid
10-09-2018, 10:48 PM
gotta start somewhere

Too bad you don't live near. I'd let you start with me. Something of a kink of mine.

ScaringChildren
10-09-2018, 11:10 PM
Too bad you don't live near. I'd let you start with me. Something of a kink of mine.

lol

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 11:27 PM
lol no more straight sex without babies all women have to have them or else.

Ahldagor
10-09-2018, 11:41 PM
lol no more straight sex without babies all women have to have them or else.

Weak b8, weakling.

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 11:45 PM
no abortions for your kids lol you suck loser

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 11:46 PM
i cant wait to watch liberals heads explode when we allow guns in schools.

you can say what you want about trump but he did more for conservatives in half his first term than obama did for democrats in all 8 of his.

shawining

Ahldagor
10-09-2018, 11:47 PM
no abortions for your kids lol you suck loser

Weaker b8, weakling. You suck at fanfiction too, btw. Not surprising with how weak you are.

bodenn
10-09-2018, 11:50 PM
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence [sic] to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law

It applies to civil cases as well. What does not apply to civil cases is "reasonable doubt". In civil cases "the preponderance of the evidence" is used to decide liability.

Neither criteria were meet with the hearings, therefore, innocents was assumed. This led to confirmation. Justice Kavanaugh could now be sued in a civil case, charged with a crime by law enforcement or more likely charged with impeachment by the house.

due process applies to all judicial actions.
This was not Judicial it was legislative.
Due process was still followed.

mickmoranis
10-09-2018, 11:51 PM
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence [sic] to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law

It applies to civil cases as well. What does not apply to civil cases is "reasonable doubt". In civil cases "the preponderance of the evidence" is used to decide liability.

Neither criteria were meet with the hearings, therefore, innocents was assumed. This led to confirmation. Justice Kavanaugh could now be sued in a civil case, charged with a crime by law enforcement or more likely charged with impeachment by the house.

due process applies to all judicial actions.
This was not Judicial it was legislative.
Due process was still followed.

:cool:

Jimjam
10-10-2018, 02:39 AM
It is thread had such an entertaining premise.

Harry Potter walks in and casts 1911 on you all.

Danth
10-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Imagine Harry out in the woods, wearing his invisibility cloak, carrying a .50bmg Barrett, turning Deatheaters into pink mist.

Having not read that book, isn't harry potter a little kid? I've had the displeasure of having had to lug around a bolt-action barrett before. Those things aren't exactly meant for quick pointing, to say the least....the term "boat anchor" springs to mind. Your imagined scene might well result in slapstick comedy rather than dramatic action.

I think there being few or no modern weapons in harry potter has to be chalked up as a similar sort of problem as to why star trek spaceships don't transport bombs into each others' engine rooms: Sometimes the pragmatic action would make for a really dull (and short) story.

Danth

mickmoranis
10-10-2018, 09:04 AM
Having not read that book, isn't harry potter a little kid? I've had the displeasure of having had to lug around a bolt-action barrett before. Those things aren't exactly meant for quick pointing, to say the least....the term "boat anchor" springs to mind. Your imagined scene might well result in slapstick comedy rather than dramatic action.

I think there being few or no modern weapons in harry potter has to be chalked up as a similar sort of problem as to why star trek spaceships don't transport bombs into each others' engine rooms: Sometimes the pragmatic action would make for a really dull (and short) story.

Danth

Season 3 episode 7 Voyager, they did that.

The reason you don't see it often is because you can't transport through Shields.

Wonkie
10-10-2018, 04:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/colg1NJ.jpg

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Shooting actual Nazis in World War 2 = Good

Shooting people you call Nazis in 2018 = Bad

Wonkie
10-10-2018, 04:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPa1wikTd5c

clevergirl
10-10-2018, 04:17 PM

Calling them fucking faggots then shooting them = professional.

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 04:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPa1wikTd5c

Good video.

Lemme know when Contra Points argues with someone other than himself.

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Calling them faggots then shooting them = professional.

A professional would be more discreet.

Trust me, I have a 60 Rogue.

clevergirl
10-10-2018, 04:21 PM
A professional would be more discreet.

Trust me, I have a 60 Rogue.

I was being really very highly extremely sarcastic.

Obviously discretion and strategic precision that leaves the enemy confused and disorganized, unable to retaliate is preferable.

Wonkie
10-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Good video.

Lemme know when Contra Points argues with someone other than himself.

OK describe yourself and I'll get you a timestamp :D

clevergirl
Nazi is a really inaccurate term these days. It shouldn't be used.

ScaringChildren
I was being really very highly extremely sarcastic.

Obviously discretion and strategic precision that leaves the enemy confused and disorganized, unable to retaliate is preferable.

+1 to Assassination Skill!

Wonkie
10-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Nazi is a really inaccurate term these days. It shouldn't be used.

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 04:25 PM
OK describe yourself and I'll get you a timestamp :D

Trust me, I've heard every strawman under the sun.

Contra Points is literally "Strawman: The Channel".

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 04:26 PM
If you got mad because I called you a "child rapist", I would just say you're being pedantic.

Wonkie
10-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Trust me, I've heard every strawman under the sun.

Contra Points is literally "Strawman: The Channel".

Answer the question or the soap goes in sideways.

clevergirl
10-10-2018, 04:31 PM
If you got mad because I called you a "child rapist", I would just say you're being pedantic.

Tell us how you really feel.

mickmoranis
10-10-2018, 04:34 PM

Patriam1066
10-10-2018, 04:36 PM

We should’ve rearmed the Germans and invaded Russia. Patton was right and we all know what (((they))) did to him

misterbonkers
10-10-2018, 04:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/colg1NJ.jpg

boy have i got a game for you (https://nasser.itch.io/dialogue-3-d)

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 05:26 PM
We should’ve rearmed the Germans and invaded Russia. Patton was right and we all know what (((they))) did to him

Patton was wrong.

In our quest to defy and defeat the USSR, we really honed (or effectively faked, if you're pessimistic) our free and liberal values.

Invading Russia would've set off a truly power hungry hegemony for at least half a century.

Think NSA spy programs, but starting in the 1950s, on a global scale.

Power must be checked. Even ours.

clevergirl
10-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Speedrunning the quake games doesn't usually require much killing.

Ahldagor
10-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Patton was wrong.

In our quest to defy and defeat the USSR, we really honed (or effectively faked, if you're pessimistic) our free and liberal values.

Invading Russia would've set off a truly power hungry hegemony for at least half a century.

War is Hell, and Patton was right. Mysterious vehicle accident for his death...

Raev
10-10-2018, 08:15 PM
This thread is funny because loramin is clearly smarter than SC, and yet gets everything wrong anyway. Some things are so stupid they can only believed by someone who went to college (and watches huge quantities of CNN).

Also I have to call out Ahlgador for low posting quality. You need to have more words in your repertoire than 'weak'. My personal favorite word is 'defenestration'. It's hard to work into a message board flame but I have faith in you.

Patriam1066
10-10-2018, 08:28 PM
Patton was wrong.

Russia would’ve gotten rolled prior to them stealing the bomb with (((help)))

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 08:29 PM
This thread is funny because loramin is clearly smarter than SC, and yet gets everything wrong anyway. Some things are so stupid they can only believed by someone who went to college (and watches huge quantities of CNN).

Also I have to call out Ahlgador for low posting quality. You need to have more words in your repertoire than 'weak'. My personal favorite word is 'defenestration'. It's hard to work into a message board flame but I have faith in you.

Thanks for your "support", bud.

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 08:32 PM

I'm not saying they wouldn't have.

That's the issue.

Russia was our counterbalance after the war.

If we took out Russia, we probably would have went full on fash mode.

And I'm the last person to claim the US is or ever was fascist, but absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Patriam1066
10-10-2018, 08:36 PM

That's the issue.

And I'm the last person to claim the US is or ever was fascist, but absolute power corrupts absolutely.

That would’ve be an extremely competent fascist dictatorship. We’re headed that way now except with Kentucky and other “pain management” addicts running things

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 08:40 PM
That would’ve be an extremely competent fascist dictatorship. We’re headed that way now except with Kentucky and other “pain management” addicts running things

What exactly do you support?

You seem to support Authoritarian Traditionalism, but you act like a social liberal at times.

Are you just a dedicated troll?

*leans in close*

Just who exactly is Patriam, hmm?

Lune
10-10-2018, 08:44 PM

Uh, no. The Soviets pretty much handled the Third Reich by themselves. The incompetent Allies couldn't even make it across the Rhine before the Soviets took care of Berlin. They had thousands more tanks of higher quality than ours, millions more soldiers, and a hell of a lot more will to fight.

During the early days of the A-bomb we could manufacture maybe 1 bomb a month? Not enough to bring the highly decentralized Soviet Union to its knees. Their industry and leadership were spread out over thousands of miles, and it only took a few years for the Soviets to develop the bomb themselves.

US would have gotten its shit kicked in.

Patriam1066
10-10-2018, 09:18 PM
I’m not sure you’re aware of this, but there are no Russians in Valhalla

Wonkie
10-10-2018, 09:32 PM

https://i.imgur.com/qMDFWAo.jpg

A history lesson that's also anti-semitic. I enjoyed this.

That's the issue.

US is extremely fashy dude lol

loramin
10-10-2018, 09:34 PM

Thanks, but I actually don't watch news at all; I just read Google News.

But what specifically did I "get wrong"?

loramin
10-10-2018, 09:57 PM
Tough to put my finger on exactly why, but I find you gay and I'm pretty sure you're not good at sex

You're gaydar needs a tune-up, and my wife would disagree.

ScaringChildren
10-10-2018, 10:45 PM
Tough to put my finger on exactly why, but I find you gay and I'm pretty sure you're not good at sex

lol

clevergirl
10-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Oh man I popped pills and now I'm meanposting

Automatically forgiven.

mickmoranis
10-10-2018, 10:57 PM
now thats the big jog i grew up and fell in love with.

mickmoranis
10-10-2018, 11:07 PM
same

Ahldagor
10-10-2018, 11:09 PM

Weak b8 is weak, but your weakness doesn't compare to Mick and SC levels.

Jimjam
10-11-2018, 02:42 AM
Who would have won the wizarding world war between USSR and USA?

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 06:05 AM
Weak b8 is weak, but your weakness doesn't compare to Mick and SC levels.

We should really discuss defenestration, but first follow me upstairs real quick.

mickmoranis
10-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Thanks alghador. It's nice to know there are Liberals who want to have hate sex with me out there.

Patriam1066
10-11-2018, 12:02 PM
What is lend lease

I thought about mentioning that Russians wouldn’t have had food in world war 2 without us supplying it, but Lune fancies himself intelligent so I thought I’d just mention Valhalla

Anyway, thanks for educating him

Cecily
10-11-2018, 01:37 PM

This is a lil late because Harry Potter is a kid’s book, but was that quote before WW2? Sartre was basically callling the Nazis a bunch of trolls wasn’t he?

Ahldagor
10-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Thanks alghador. It's nice to know there are Liberals who want to have hate sex with me out there.

Y'all's projections are cute in a lonely, pathetic way.

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Y'all's projections are cute in a lonely, pathetic way.

and a weak way too, right?

mickmoranis
10-11-2018, 02:21 PM
alghador still talkn about having sex with me and SC cus he needs to be dominated? CHECK.

NEXT!

Ahldagor
10-11-2018, 03:04 PM
No means no, so please stop making unwanted advances. I get that you want a strong man in your life to replace your weak fathers, but I'm not into parenting; so seek therapy for your betterment.

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 03:27 PM
No means no, so please stop making unwanted advances. I get that you want a strong man in your life to replace your weak fathers, but I'm not into parenting; so seek therapy for your betterment.

My dad would snap you like a twig and then make you change his brakes after.

Pops is no joke.

Ahldagor
10-11-2018, 04:48 PM
My dad would snap you like a twig and then make you change his brakes after.

Pops is no joke.

Then why are you so insecure with your relationship with him? Sounds like you fear that he is a joke. Therapy can help you dig up all that fatherly baggage that aided your opiate addiction since childhood trauma is a significant factor in addictive behavior. I hope you're strong enough to get help for your health.

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Then why are you so insecure with your relationship with him? Sounds like you fear that he is a joke. Therapy can help you dig up all that fatherly baggage that aided your opiate addiction since childhood trauma is a significant factor in addictive behavior. I hope you're strong enough to get help for your health.

Thanks for the eval, doc. What do I owe ya?

Ahldagor
10-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the eval, doc. What do I owe ya?

A good general does service for the sake of service, weakling.

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 06:49 PM
A good general does service for the sake of service, weakling.

So you're a cuck that works for free?

You're owed payment for your work.

It's called Capitalism. The one true religion®.

You should work on your self esteem, your work has value and you should be confident about your abilities.

Ahldagor
10-11-2018, 08:06 PM
So you're a cuck that works for free?

You're owed payment for your work.

It's called Capitalism. The one true religion®.

You should work on your self esteem, your work has value and you should be confident about your abilities.

Lol, stay mad with a bad dad.

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 08:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5qXh9dC.jpg

Ahldagor
10-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Tl;dr

ScaringChildren
10-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Tl;dr

Noooooooooo!

-Darth Vader

Lune
10-11-2018, 09:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5qXh9dC.jpg

Take all my upvotes

Raev
10-11-2018, 09:46 PM
But what specifically did I "get wrong"?

SC intuitively understands that people need to be innocent until proven guilty, and since Kavanaugh was on trial in the court of public opinion reasonably applied this standard. Meanwhile your argument was semantics bullshit about whether or not he was actually on trial.

P.S. Have you read the wikipedia page on false rape accusations? They devote 3 full paragraphs to the critics of Kanin's 1990 study that showed 40% of rape allegations were false, and the best the critics can do is 'Kanin did not massage the police department's statistics to make feminists look better - that asshole!'

Tecmos Deception
10-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Oh, that I had more than 1 upvote to give.

It's not just Harry Potter, either. I can't count the number of times I tell my wife, as we're sitting there watching a movie, "you know, this would never happen to us. Why? EDC, that's why." She nods and smiles to shut me up, of course.

maskedmelon
10-12-2018, 08:44 AM
What exactly do you support?

You seem to support Authoritarian Traditionalism, but you act like a social liberal at times.

Are you just a dedicated troll?

*leans in close*

Just who exactly is Patriam, hmm?

pat is a glowing example of integrative thought. it is often a natural consequence of age given sufficient degrees of openness and pride. the degree of inclusivity attainable is always hobbled by our life experiences, the delusions we cling to and our tolerance to pain. The result is seldom perfect, but always more inspiring, enlightened and all around better than we'd be left with if we hadn't found ways to resolve conflicts hobbling our walk along the path.

mickmoranis
10-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Oh, that I had more than 1 upvote to give.

It's not just Harry Potter, either. I can't count the number of times I tell my wife, as we're sitting there watching a movie, "you know, this would never happen to us. Why? EDC, that's why." She nods and smiles to shut me up, of course.

So that's how you solo all those mobs.

loramin
10-12-2018, 10:57 AM
SC intuitively understands that people need to be innocent until proven guilty, and since Kavanaugh was on trial in the court of public opinion reasonably applied this standard. Meanwhile your argument was semantics bullshit about whether or not he was actually on trial.

P.S. Have you read the wikipedia page on false rape accusations? They devote 3 full paragraphs to the critics of Kanin's 1990 study that showed 40% of rape allegations were false, and the best the critics can do is 'Kanin did not massage the police department's statistics to make feminists look better - that asshole!'

My "semantic bullshit" just shows I understand a fundamental concept of the law works in our country and you don't.

And as for Kanin, there's this thing called "cherry-picking". It's when you fixate on a single data point that proves whatever it is you want to believe, and ignore all the other data points that don't fit your beliefs.

ScaringChildren
10-12-2018, 11:05 AM
My "semantic bullshit" just shows I understand a fundamental concept of the law works in our country and you don't.

https://i.imgur.com/z9sTuNG.png

maskedmelon
10-12-2018, 11:15 AM

And as for Kanin, there's this thing called "cherry-picking". It's when you fixate on a single data point that proves whatever it is you want to believe, and ignore all the other data points that don't fit your beliefs.

it ain't about law, you big cuddly goober. it's about the principles of decency and fairness upon which law is based. we could abolish laws against theft tomorrow, but it wouldn't make theft right.

loramin
10-12-2018, 11:32 AM
it ain't about law, you big cuddly goober. it's about the principles of decency and fairness upon which law is based. we could abolish laws against theft tomorrow, but it wouldn't make theft right.

Right, well obviously we have had this whole "President nominates a potential justice" and "Senate confirms the potential justice" system since 1916 (well actually since well before then, but the actual confirmation hearings didn't start until then; before confirmation was a simple yes/no vote).

It's preserved the "principles of decency and fairness" from back then until now (despite Republicans recently undoing some of the very rules that used to be in effect to help ensure those principles). Nothing about Kav's experience suggests that it's stopped working. Even if he'd gotten a real investigation, and it had found something that lead to him not getting confirmed, there'd still be nothing.

But look, those principles, and the legal concept of "due process", are not the same thing. Getting confirmed by a publicly elected body is not the same thing as going into a court room, even though the two have similarities. Eating and drinking are similar too, but if I talk about drinking a hamburger (when my mouth isn't wired shut) you're going to look at me funny.

Cecily
10-12-2018, 12:14 PM

Appeal to emotion. How quaint. No, it wouldn’t be right. It’d be legal.

maskedmelon
10-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Appeal to emotion. How quaint. No, it wouldn’t be right. It’d be legal.

we agree on the last two points, but chocking up principles of decency and fairness as an appeal to emotion is silly. they are pre-requisite for order (^.~)v

*pats Cecile on her head*

Ahldagor
10-12-2018, 12:23 PM
we agree on the last two points, but chocking up principles of decency and fairness as an appeal to emotion is silly. they are pre-requisite for order (^.~)v

*pats Cecile on her head*

Order in what sense?

maskedmelon
10-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Right, well obviously we have had this whole "President nominates a potential justice" and "Senate confirms the potential justice" system since 1916 (well actually since well before then, but the actual confirmation hearings didn't start until then; before confirmation was a simple yes/no vote).

It's preserved the "principles of decency and fairness" from back then until now (despite Republicans recently undoing some of the very rules that used to be in effect to help ensure those principles). Nothing about Kav's experience suggests that it's stopped working. Even if he'd gotten a real investigation, and it had found something that lead to him not getting confirmed, there'd still be nothing.

But look, those principles, and the legal concept of "due process", are not the same thing. Getting confirmed by a publicly elected body is not the same thing as going into a court room, even though the two have similarities. Eating and drinking are similar too, but if I talk about drinking a hamburger (when my mouth isn't wired shut) you're going to look at me funny.

im gonna look at you funny either way. i do liek seeing how you seek to direct the dialogue though. there's some artisan level wordwar in there.

maskedmelon
10-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Order in what sense?

the antagonist of chaos.

ScaringChildren
10-12-2018, 12:31 PM

The Committee vets the nomination.

Part of their job is finding the truth.

How do you find the truth?

Do you assume things when finding the truth?

Do you say to yourself "This feels like the truth"?

Ahldagor
10-12-2018, 04:01 PM
the antagonist of chaos.

Lol. Duality potential, or are you deadset on binary stagnation?

maskedmelon
10-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Lol. Duality potential, or are you deadset on binary stagnation?

it's about balance you goober and no, that doesn't result in stagnation. rather than spoil it for you by tellin ya why thoughts, i'll let you consider it yourself.

Ahldagor
10-12-2018, 04:29 PM
it's about balance you goober and no, that doesn't result in stagnation. rather than spoil it for you by tellin ya why thoughts, i'll let you consider it yourself.

So an idealism, of sorts? Balance is another word for heaven for some. I lkke that you use goober. Some neurons are firing Shinto and Taoism, haven't explored why. Tho' I prefer the question of how.

mickmoranis
10-12-2018, 04:54 PM

If you knew shit about law then why is it everything you believe in is erased and all you do is cry about how nothing you want to happen happens?

seems like you have a pretty good idea how you imagine law works, but in practice nothing seems to go your way.

spoof2424
11-17-2018, 04:49 AM
You have slain something pure and defenceless to save yourself, and you will have but a half-life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips." In the first Harry Potter book/movie, we found Voldemort drinking Unicorn blood.

He who must not be called out is made of melted bullets. Please repost better thought, ok.