PDA

View Full Version : This computer sux, apparently it won't overheat unless I put it on passive cooling.

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 09:53 AM
Will this title take or is it too long?

Titles wrong it will overheat unless I put it on passive cooling, if the OS thinks there's a fan it cooks itself.

Thanks M$

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:17 AM
I'm really trying to die from anorexia without going outside.

Screenshot of bosmer incoming.

What do you have against bethseda, are they transphobes?

ScaringChildren
09-26-2018, 10:22 AM
how cramped is your case?

take the side panel off and let that thing breathe

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:25 AM
how cramped is your case?

take the side panel off and let that thing breathe

It's like, expoxxied shut because it's about 4mm thick :(

I think a USB fan would help, I'm guessing the whirring sound isn't a fan, but a drive spinning, though technically it's supposed to be SSD??? I don't get this computer, but it's what I have because I'm not going outside, or eating for the rest of my life.

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:31 AM
the games are just rough. what's the point? the combat is boring, so then am I questing to unlock more shitty writing?

To be quite honest I don't care about how bad they are, they fulfill some OCD think, like you know those people who count beans or line up pencils over and over and get upset when the pencils are messed up by others?

The other boon is that I don't have to talk to any actual human beings. Or interact with them. Even accidently. I guess technically I would be interacting with the creators of the game, but I'll take what I can get if it's 3 degrees of separation I can ignore it's humanity and just exist in my own plane of oblivion.

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:32 AM
https://i.imgur.com/0vMlScX.jpg

image for reference

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:35 AM
why dont you play like civ 5 1v1 with me, or civ4 if your box wont run. i have a mania right now

I love you, but you are a human and I need something familiar and boring and hopeless, not something stimulating or interdependant and intertwined with another, and like I would definately have to get up and randomly afk for hours on end probably the minute I loaded civ4 up, and I'm going to stop posting now.

I don't hate you margatroid. I really do love u, but you seem to think I want to cyber or something, I don't. I wan't your beautiful little flowery self to have it's life in it's bloom and I don't want to smash it under my bootheal.

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:36 AM
P.S. logitech keyboard was made by a small muslim chinese person under the age of 18 in Qyeaingjing provence

ScaringChildren
09-26-2018, 10:40 AM
Qyeaingjing provence

Quite beautiful in the summers.

What's the make/model of your computer?

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:48 AM
Quite beautiful in the summers.

What's the make/model of your computer?

https://i.imgur.com/p3M96An.png

im two drug withdrawals and a setback to a major surgery's healing away fromthat

for now im a bug eyed maniac. lets roleplay competing elizabeth bathories

I don't even know where to get civ4 legally, I don't want to install bittorrent on my computer, scaringchildren already has enough information on it to exploit the vram buffe3r and like install a root in my video bios with an jpg or png

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:49 AM
U can see there in CPU status I have it undervolted so it don't fry. It runs in the upper 6 range by default.

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:51 AM
It doesn't really have a model, it's just a skylake in a really crampe formfactor with not enough cooling. Otherwise the skylake integrated GPU/CPU themselves are pretty cool...

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:52 AM
It gets a long fine in EQ or GiMP. Or some 2D drawing program where it's not rendering.

What kills it when it's rendering 100% of the time. It's not a graphical workstation.

ScaringChildren
09-26-2018, 10:54 AM
Stupid question, but: Are you all updated?

You can check by going to Settings> Update & security> Windows Update.

To confirm the updates are installed, check Settings> Update & security> Windows Update> Advanced options> View your update history.

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 10:56 AM
Stupid question, but: Are you all updated?

You can check by going to Settings> Update & security> Windows Update.

To confirm the updates are installed, check Settings> Update & security> Windows Update> Advanced options> View your update history.

YEP. I did a reinstall and ran group policy and tested prior to updates and post updates to for a month just to see what was up. Back to being fully updated, no difference really.

The solution is to stop being anorexic and eat something so I'm stable enough mentally to get fucked by an employer and enjoy it. Or at least pretend too

I've developed a pretty severe aversion to food though. I feel epic-ally suicidal when I see my fat body with gross sheets of lose skin hanging everywhere. It's gross and really should die, and be fertilizer. Or fish food.

ScaringChildren
09-26-2018, 10:59 AM
Some people are saying you can cut down on overheating and battery drain by turning off Windows Hello.

You can turn it off by using the 'remove' option in the control panel. Make sure to restart your machine after turning Hello off.

radda
09-26-2018, 11:12 AM
I don't. I wan't your beautiful little flowery self to have it's life in it's bloom and I don't want to smash it under my bootheal.
Rofl

Schaduwridder
09-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Thread is overflowing with cool and normal.

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Some people are saying you can cut down on overheating and battery drain by turning off Windows Hello.

You can turn it off by using the 'remove' option in the control panel. Make sure to restart your machine after turning Hello off.

Yeah, I have it disabled. Never used it.

--------

@shitwriter, you are on perma ignore buddy because I really do want to harm you for real and this is not a good place for us to fight it out