PDA

View Full Version : cannabis as an Alternative medicine

precilla
09-26-2018, 04:43 AM
Do you believe that the cannabis as also known as only for addiction is now can be your alternative medicine? Cannabis now has many benefits that will be good for your health. Cannabis oil is produced by extracting the resin of the female cannabis plant using a solvent. After the resin is dissolved in the solvent, It is evaporated leaving a concentrated extract behind. CBD Oil is a type of oil that contains CBD but does not contain THC which can give you a high efficiency. CBD Oil is from that cannabis flower, However, Cannabis now is proven that can help people to relieve pains or lessen seizure attacks. I have read many articles suggesting that cannabis has a very potent effect when it comes with pain and inflammation like this strain on kylekushman.com/topic/seeds-germination

Swish2
09-26-2018, 11:09 PM
I know someone with some serious back issues and has a lot of pain related to it.

Painkillers have way more side effects than the good herb...and they are happier for using cannabis to relieve the pain.

Nexii
09-26-2018, 11:14 PM
I'll try it for migraines. Standard painkillers do nothing. Triptans help a little but cause more rebounds

Wonkie
09-26-2018, 11:16 PM
it's a bot you absolute dinguses

Sonderbeast
09-26-2018, 11:19 PM
*responds earnestly to the thread*

meta

Phenyo
09-26-2018, 11:24 PM
DUDE WEED LMAO

Swish2
09-26-2018, 11:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RvnZCiP.jpg

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 11:44 PM
If God wanted you to have cannibis he wouldn't have created a universe in which the GOP waged a war on drugs during the early to latter parts of the 20th and 21st centuries on behalf of political lobbying from corporations like Coca-Cola who had the market cornered on cocaine additives.

Nexii
09-26-2018, 11:56 PM
Legal in all Canada on October 17

clevergirl
09-26-2018, 11:58 PM
Legal in all Canada on October 17

Cuz God loves Canada.

Topgunben
09-27-2018, 12:29 AM
Do you believe that the cannabis as also known as only for addiction is now can be your alternative medicine? Cannabis now has many benefits that will be good for your health. Cannabis oil is produced by extracting the resin of the female cannabis plant using a solvent. After the resin is dissolved in the solvent, It is evaporated leaving a concentrated extract behind. CBD Oil is a type of oil that contains CBD but does not contain THC which can give you a high efficiency. CBD Oil is from that cannabis flower, However, Cannabis now is proven that can help people to relieve pains or lessen seizure attacks. I have read many articles suggesting that cannabis has a very potent effect when it comes with pain and inflammation like this strain on kylekushman.com/topic/seeds-germination

personally i wouldnt use the Weed, but i am not against if for people trying to improve the quality of their life. That said, i worry about some folks, especially youth, using it solely for recreation. It has long term negative effects that need to be weighed out cautiously. I know people that cant stop using the Weed, and they have told me it is addictive. In my state it is legal for both medicinal and recreational reasons.

I consider myself lucky for never trying it. Some might see that as naive, but i feel it wouldnt have done me much good. I also have never struggled with depression and only minor spouts of anxiety. If i had struggled with these, i would prefer the Weed over a prescription drug.

Mead
09-27-2018, 05:46 AM
it's a bot you absolute dinguses

This has happened multiple times, which I’ve pointed out, and I ended up looking like the crazy one in the thread after 30 serios replies

As already stated, maybe new trolling meta

Cecily
09-27-2018, 05:58 AM

I am millionaire and would want to purchases all of the CBD. Tell me more about exciting offering.

bigjeff100
09-27-2018, 07:59 AM

Not pain related. But my g.f of 4 years struggles with bi-polar symptom's and depression. I don't always wake up to the same woman i did the day before.. She struggled with addiction growing up, doctors of course put her on pills which make her uncomfortable. One day she decided to set her substance abuse issues and family/friends opinions aside and try smoking, since it was never her choice of stimulants.. After this change, she managed to get herself off her prescribed pills, and now she just puffs. Weed has been a miracle drug for her... Thank you washington state :)

Schaduwridder
09-27-2018, 12:00 PM
I am millionaire and would want to purchases all of the CBD. Tell me more about exciting offering.

34 and 0 dollars

Also pot isn't medine its pot, people smoke it to get high

I smoke pot almost every night, and when I have pain it makes the pain worse

Only benefit pot has is if you have a degenerative nerve disease or suffer from seizures it can help

so out of everyone smoking its like .0001% of people benefitting, rest are suffering from its side effects and it is ruining many people

pot can be very bad

bigjeff100
09-27-2018, 12:07 PM
34 and 0 dollars

Only benefit pot has is if you have a degenerative nerve disease or suffer from seizures it can help

so out of everyone smoking its like .0001% of people benefitting, rest are suffering from its side effects and it is ruining many people

pot can be very bad

Those are 2 great benefits, you're right. And you're also right that most people that say they are "benefitting" from the flower, are actually foolin themselves, they just like the mellow high. And i can't blame them.. You cannot OD, there is no real fear with weed, and you hit a ceiling in terms of how high you get. I will definitely disagree with the rest of your comment. I watch first hand the difference in my girlfriend when she takes a puff. Bi polar symptons are lowered, and she is able to stabalize her feelings and mood. She's able to sleep at night, she's able to eat. And she's off the cocktail of pills her therapist and everybody else prescribes her.

loramin
09-27-2018, 12:18 PM
This article just came out: Does CBD Really Do Anything? (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-can-get-cannabis-in-your-coffee-but-does-is-it-really-do-anything/) (TLDR: Yes for epilepsy, the jury is still out about almost everything else.)

Not pain related. But my g.f of 4 years struggles with bi-polar symptom's and depression. I don't always wake up to the same woman i did the day before.. She struggled with addiction growing up, doctors of course put her on pills which make her uncomfortable. One day she decided to set her substance abuse issues and family/friends opinions aside and try smoking, since it was never her choice of stimulants.. After this change, she managed to get herself off her prescribed pills, and now she just puffs. Weed has been a miracle drug for her... Thank you washington state :)

Those are 2 great benefits, you're right. And you're also right that most people that say they are "benefitting" from the flower, are actually foolin themselves, they just like the mellow high. And i can't blame them.. You cannot OD, there is no real fear with weed, and you hit a ceiling in terms of how high you get. I will definitely disagree with the rest of your comment. I watch first hand the difference in my girlfriend when she takes a puff. Bi polar symptons are lowered, and she is able to stabalize her feelings and mood. She's able to sleep at night, she's able to eat. And she's off the cocktail of pills her therapist and everybody else prescribes her.

So, I'm no psychiatrist, or psychologist, or even a first year psych major, but I happen to know a lot about bipolar. What you describe does not sound like bipolar to me, because pot is not a replacement for Lithium. It might help some, but it's far from a cure (subjectively I think it does help, but I haven't seen any research published that answers the question one way or the other.)

For instance, pot might aid sleep, but it will not cure (or even come close to curing) a manic person's insomnia. I guarantee that if you find some crazy homeless person in a manic phase and smoke him out he will not go to sleep (unless he literally smokes enough to pass out from it).

I'm not saying that anything you said is false, just that maybe whoever diagnosed her got it wrong (psychiatrists don't make accurate diagnoses 100% of the time). Maybe she was taking drugs she didn't need as a result and then weed cured the real issue that the doctors failed to diagnose, allowing her to ditch the drugs and their side effects (which weren't really solving her problem anyway because she wasn't really bipolar).

Don't get me wrong, I <3 weed; all I'm saying is, it doesn't cure bipolar, and it's not exactly super rare for psychiatrists to misdiagnose someone. But it's great that whatever her issue is your girlfriend found a solution for it in pot, especially since the psychiatric establishment failed to help her.

Cecily
09-27-2018, 12:24 PM
34 and 0 dollars

pot can be very bad

CBD is a medicine. THC is a recreational drug. Hope this helps.

Also: Getting mixed messages here Mario. I’m about to go to my job in about 30 mins. WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME?

Mead
09-27-2018, 12:28 PM
This article just came out: Does CBD Really Do Anything? (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-can-get-cannabis-in-your-coffee-but-does-is-it-really-do-anything/) (TLDR: Yes for epilepsy, the jury is still out about almost everything else.)

So, I'm no psychiatrist, or psychologist, or even a first year psych major, but I happen to know a lot about bipolar. What you describe does not sound like bipolar to me, because pot is not a replacement for Lithium. It might help some, but it's far from a cure (subjectively I think it does help, but I haven't seen any research published that answers the question one way or the other.)

I'm not saying that anything you said is false, just that maybe whoever diagnosed her got it wrong (psychiatrists don't make accurate diagnoses 100% of the time). Maybe she was taking drugs she didn't need as a result and then weed cured the real issue that the doctors failed to diagnose, allowing her to ditch the drugs and their side effects (which weren't really solving her problem anyway because she wasn't really bipolar).

Don't get me wrong, I <3 weed; all I'm saying is, it doesn't cure bipolar, and it's not exactly super rare for psychiatrists to misdiagnose someone. But it's great that whatever her issue is your girlfriend found a solution for it in pot.

Not all patients diagnosed with bipolar disorder are on lithium, or one specific medication to treat it. There are also plenty of medications with off label uses. You're out of your league here bud.

loramin
09-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Not all patients diagnosed with bipolar disorder are on lithium, or one specific medication to treat it. There are also plenty of medications with off label uses. You're out of your league here bud.

Oh totally, I never meant to suggest that they were, I just used Lithium as an example because it's the most common drug associated with Bipolar.

But that doesn't change my point: pot will not let a manic person get sleep, unless they smoke so much that they pass out (at which point they won't get good sleep). It won't make your speech slow down, or make you not want to max out your credit cards, or remove the fiery fiery passion that accompanies bipolar mania (or even hypomania).

It similarly won't cure depression either. Again, I'm not saying it can't help with bipolar symptoms ... though I'm not saying it can either. What I've seen suggests it can help, but I defer to science and there's not enough published research on the topic to say one way or the other.

I'm just saying if you can drop all your meds and live symptom-free just by smoking pot, you probably (again, I'm not a psychiatrist) didn't have bipolar. It seems much more likely to me that the guy's girlfriend got a bad diagnosis, since there's ample evidence that happens fairly often. The brain is a hard thing to diagnose, and there are plenty of other conditions with overlapping symptoms: even ADHD can be misdiagnosed as bipolar (or vice versa).

mickmoranis
09-27-2018, 12:39 PM
hey guys, if kavanaugh gets appointed you will NEVER SEE FEDERAL LEGALIZATION OF WEED LOL

HOPE THIS HEEEELLPS LOL GOD BLESS!

/shhhhhhhrrrrrrrruuuuugggg!

Schaduwridder
09-27-2018, 12:54 PM
the cbd vs pot argument is a big joke

you literally cant buy charlottes web anywhere ( charlottes web is pot that has almost no thc and very high cbd )

The only way to get cbd is hemp extracts that you have to vape ( taste disgusting )

mickmoranis
09-27-2018, 12:57 PM
yeah cbd is available in the deep south lol

Schaduwridder
09-27-2018, 12:59 PM
cbd is available everywhere

but all the legalization was pushed with emphasis on THC free pot yet when it was passed no one grew / sold it.

Jlpstrtkng
09-30-2018, 08:50 PM

but all the legalization was pushed with emphasis on THC free pot yet when it was passed no one grew / sold it.

Because people want to get high. We voted for CBD pot because in states like Florida where I live the pharmacy industry had such a hold on politics that we would do anything to take a step in that right direction. We now have medical marijuana here but the hoops to jump through are very expensive to get your card. Maybe one day it will finally be federally legal. I think if democracy counts for anything in this country and they look around and see over half the country has legalized it then we just may see it in our lifetime. I wouldnt get your hopes up however big pharma is a $225B industry yearly. That’s a lot of political say so

Baler
09-30-2018, 08:59 PM

it's straight up like poser weed. shit is ridiculous.
I have zero reasons why anyone would buy some plant material to burn that doesn't cause euphoria.
Might as well scrape the lawn mower.

Cecily
09-30-2018, 09:33 PM
the cbd vs pot argument is a big joke

you literally cant buy charlottes web anywhere ( charlottes web is pot that has almost no thc and very high cbd )

The only way to get cbd is hemp extracts that you have to vape ( taste disgusting )

There’s sublingual extracts, too. Like .5 ml under the tongue for a minute or so once or twice a day did magical things for my depression and anxiety, with some long term effects after I stopped. I don’t think I’ve backslid as far as I was before I did CBD last year.

Goldenleaf brand Dreamsicle or something, tasted like orange.. creamsicle. There was a strawberry one too that was equally good. Lil hempy flavor but still really tasty and fucking expensive ($80 per 15 ml). One of those bottles were a month of relatively non-traumatic interaction with the public, so I found it extremely worth it for my retail job.

katrik
09-30-2018, 09:47 PM
I’ve ever done weed nor do I have any interest to. It stinks, and gives me zero benefit. Plus I could lose my job over it. I do, however, want to see it legalized. Legalization = more funding for studies proving what it can cure/help/alleviate.

Cecily
09-30-2018, 10:09 PM
it's straight up like poser weed. shit is ridiculous.
I have zero reasons why anyone would buy some plant material to burn that doesn't cause euphoria.
Might as well scrape the lawn mower.

Because people use CBD as a medicine instead of a recreational drug. Not sure how that's hard to comprehend, maybe it's the pot gumming up some synapses, but you do you, girlfriend.

Baler
09-30-2018, 10:18 PM
Because people use CBD as a medicine instead of a recreational drug. Not sure how that's hard to comprehend, maybe it's the pot gumming up some synapses, but you do you, girlfriend.

I'm not referring to actual medical patients. It's people in legal and non legal cannabis recreational states. Whom buy this thinking they're smoking weed.
weed is made up of many, many different molecular chemicals. THC is what 99% of people think of as "weed", CBD isn't.
Those are just the two most popular..

basically i'm saying it's like kids smoking cigarettes behind school, "te-he so this is what it's like."
Hense why I referred to cannabis with thc breed out of it as poser weed.

If people really wanted pure CBD they could get it without the plant material or extraction chemicals.
They sell it in viles, it's a white crystal in it's pure form and legal in the USA. it doesn't get you high. it's a chemical with placebo like effects.
Which for non medical people, doesn't do shit.

One of the big deals with cannabis is it's ability to reduce the amount of pharmaceuticals people were taking for various things.
CBD can't fill that role unless you believe in it hard enough. But one could also give these same people sugar tablets and tell them it's E. *rolls eyes*

Cecily
09-30-2018, 10:34 PM
THC exacerbates conditions like anxiety, so no matter how much you want it medical it's not for some people (me). CBD fills the role of psych (and pain!) med replacement and thank god it exists. The pharmaceutical options are just so terrible.

Baler
09-30-2018, 10:37 PM
THC exacerbates conditions like anxiety, so no matter how much you want it medical it's not for some people (me). CBD is fills the role of psych (and pain!) med replacement and thank god it exists. The pharmaceutical options are just so terrible.

How do you know it's the THC that increases anxiety and not one of the any other 400+ chemicals that are in cannabis. More research needs to be done.

People snuffed tobacco for years under the idea that it relaxed a person. Then we discovered it was causing nose cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, etc. (im not saying weed causes cancer)

Just be careful GMO is real and you shouldn't play blind chemist with your body. The negative effects could kick in years down the line.
a lot of CBD that's sold comes from cross breeding hemp (males and hermaphrodites) to further push down the thc content.

While some companies label their products non-gmo you don't know the heritage of where it came from. Very similar to spice for anyone who's familiar.

Cecily
09-30-2018, 10:43 PM
Because THC is (usually) the most abundant cannabinoid by far and it's safe to say that it's causing the effect if you're smoking pot and getting paranoid because that's one of the effects of THC and CBD directly opposes those effects. They're both good medicines, just for different things. THC is for much more serious things, generally.

Baler
09-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Chemicals can affect everyone differently. So what you know about you I can't knock. I just know what's worked for me and people i've been around in the long past.

i knew one girl who even when she smoked a little bit she'd be borderline anxiety attack. But that never happened to me so I never got it till I expanded my mind on the subject of chemicals.

I concede.

Cecily
09-30-2018, 10:52 PM
Most people have a great time. I'm like that girl you mention. I'm introverted as hell to begin with and pot basically traps me in my head and fuels my social anxiety. I only (used to) smoke socially and it's pure hell for me. I imagine I'd actually enjoy it, as a recreational drug, by myself a lot. Have had good results with microdose edibles though.

Cecily
09-30-2018, 11:00 PM
I've never sought it out, but have smoked it socially when it was offered. I have chronic pain and smoking turns it into something else. A sensation I can't explain, but it's not unpleasant. It would be an easy way for many people to inexpensively control chronic symptoms for diseases that are not curable.

Any chronic (hue hue) pain relief alternative to opiates is a godsend imo and pure pants on head retarded to criminalize it.

clevergirl
10-01-2018, 12:31 AM
I'll make a video and upload if I ever smoke.

Schaduwridder
10-01-2018, 01:10 PM
THC exacerbates conditions like anxiety, so no matter how much you want it medical it's not for some people (me). CBD fills the role of psych (and pain!) med replacement and thank god it exists. The pharmaceutical options are just so terrible.

yet you toxify yourself with endless pharmaceuticals thank god for natural cbd

Cecily
10-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Oh they definitely have an end.

mickmoranis
10-01-2018, 02:42 PM
BALLER WHERE DID U FIND THAT SIG

Schaduwridder
10-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Oh they definitely have an end.

hopefully yours will be soon

Cecily
10-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Yeah I think so

Baler
10-01-2018, 03:52 PM
BALER WHERE DID U FIND THAT SIG
https://i.imgur.com/0DfpBto.gif
I found it on the internet. And it's my spirit animal.
I am an Apache Attack Helicopter.

*spins rotary blades*

google image search "apache attack helicopter", Tools -> Animated Gif
:)

Plez no Copy Pasta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx_ODk262O4

LIVE YOUR DREAMS KIDS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNNK2ikOe1E

clevergirl
10-01-2018, 04:28 PM

mickmoranis
10-01-2018, 08:23 PM
I found it on the internet. And it's my spirit animal.
I am an Apache Attack Helicopter.

*spins rotary blades*

google image search "apache attack helicopter", Tools -> Animated Gif
:)

Plez no Copy Pasta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx_ODk262O4

LIVE YOUR DREAMS KIDS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNNK2ikOe1E

this thing is painted like a GI Joe. I hope in ww3 it goes on so long we have all kinds of super sweet apache squad paint jobs.

clevergirl
10-01-2018, 09:16 PM

(I just wanted to see ten of these gifs load at once)
(that is unbelievably sexy)

Diana_Welch
12-12-2018, 11:41 AM
I'm using vape nowadays as an alternative for a cigarette.

--------------------------------------
Blazed Vapes is the world's largest online vapes (https://blazedvapes.com/) store with thousands of products and counting. Buy quality vape pens, vape mods, vape starter kits, vape juice, e-cigs for a cheaper price.

aaezil
12-12-2018, 11:59 AM
pot can be very bad

Cite your sources

Ahldagor
12-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Cite your sources

Dude's banned.

gummab
12-12-2018, 02:31 PM
I'll try it for migraines. Standard painkillers do nothing. Triptans help a little but cause more rebounds

Don't both it makes a migraine even worse(if that's possible.)

Wonkie
12-12-2018, 02:36 PM
weed is a modernday scourge op

-TK-
12-12-2018, 04:32 PM
What made me actually start smoking bud were my dreams. I HATE dreaming because I'd have 2-3 part dreams in one night that make me feel like I never slept and I'd wake up wondering if the dreams were real and it would sometimes take me 15-30 minutes to shake it - they usually weren't pleasant. Now I just smoke a little within an hour of going to bed and I don't remember dreaming if I did. I can buy the concentrates in my state so I actually smoke very little.

I'm not any kind of extreme example, but I've always been open with my doctors about my use, and while they don't necessarily tell me to smoke, they accept that it works and I'm not on some OTC or prescription sleep aid. My anxiety levels also dropped dramatically, but I don't attribute that to the bud. I attribute that to the fact that I can get 5-8 hours of solid sleep now.

JurisDictum
12-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Here's the deal with Marijuana:

It doesn't stay extremely potent for that long. Over time you get a kind of semi-permanent tolerance to the foggy effects of it. You don't get "the munchies" regularly anymore. You also won't get hours of an euraphoric high where you can barely function.

While you won't be near your peak of intellectual ability right after you smoke, you probably could smoke a joint while driving to work if that kind of thing was socially acceptable. It's not much different than taking some anti-anxiety meds before work.

If you are not used to it -- you would be way to high to think about going to work or driving.

If you encounter someone that smokes daily -- they are either an addict or using it like a medication. I draw the distinction between the super addicts that smoke dabs all day in an effort to get as high as possible (they usually drink and do other drugs too) -- and people that smoke more moderately throughout the day.

Reguardless. If your body is used to smoking pot and you suddenly stop. You will have physical withdraw symptoms:

Cant sleep

Irratable and emotional

sweaty and hyped up

not hungry

But im sure lots of drugs prescribed by doctors work the same.

Pot helps with workout recovery and depression (huge portion of professional athletes smoke pot). IDK if it helps with anxiety though...unless you are high all day you tend to get more anxious as you sober up. This ends up putting the smoker on a anxiety roller-coaster they have to deal with. Usually they deal with this by yelling at their romantic partner or severe road rage.

Marijuana is probably the best drug for sleep on the planet. Nightly use will basically give you perfect sleep the rest of your life.

SamuelR
12-21-2018, 07:51 AM
My girlfriend vapes marijuana too. She had a migraine. Now she feels much better. Not sure if it's vaping weed, but still.
Of course, I vape it too. Just once a week maybe to relax. It's also a good option to relax after a stressful working day.
When I tried it for the first time, didn't know what was wrong. But I didn't like and didn't understand it. Vaping weed? What for? Then I tried it with my friend and the result was different. I thought maybe the reason was in my vaping device as I bought the cheapest one and it was of poor quality. Then I've read some reviews here https://vapingdaily.com/vaporizers/.
Was difficult for me to choose, but I stopped on Mig Vapor DRAY. Quite satisfied with it.
Maybe I'll buy a new one soon, but that's what I have now.

Throndor
12-21-2018, 06:55 PM
Here's the deal with Marijuana:

It doesn't stay extremely potent for that long. Over time you get a kind of semi-permanent tolerance to the foggy effects of it. You don't get "the munchies" regularly anymore. You also won't get hours of an euraphoric high where you can barely function.

While you won't be near your peak of intellectual ability right after you smoke, you probably could smoke a joint while driving to work if that kind of thing was socially acceptable. It's not much different than taking some anti-anxiety meds before work.

If you are not used to it -- you would be way to high to think about going to work or driving.

If you encounter someone that smokes daily -- they are either an addict or using it like a medication. I draw the distinction between the super addicts that smoke dabs all day in an effort to get as high as possible (they usually drink and do other drugs too) -- and people that smoke more moderately throughout the day.

Reguardless. If your body is used to smoking pot and you suddenly stop. You will have physical withdraw symptoms:

Cant sleep

Irratable and emotional

sweaty and hyped up

not hungry

But im sure lots of drugs prescribed by doctors work the same.

Pot helps with workout recovery and depression (huge portion of professional athletes smoke pot). IDK if it helps with anxiety though...unless you are high all day you tend to get more anxious as you sober up. This ends up putting the smoker on a anxiety roller-coaster they have to deal with. Usually they deal with this by yelling at their romantic partner or severe road rage.

Marijuana is probably the best drug for sleep on the planet. Nightly use will basically give you perfect sleep the rest of your life.

I dont know about the last statement. The rest of it seems pretty spot on. Ive been off just about everything for a couple weeks now. Gnostic meditation into sleep seems to be a bit more restful than toking regularly but the verducts still not out. I believe whatever weed does to the psyche actually works against successful meditation.

Ill get back to you on the findings after further research, in any fashion.

Regards,
T

ScaringChildren
12-26-2018, 02:50 PM
Mom says weed was made by the devil

America
02-14-2019, 12:31 PM
in florida

tomato kang is that you

JurisDictum
02-14-2019, 01:09 PM
cannabis is not medicine , its bs that will be illegal in 5 years after every state legalizes it and experiences a huge boom then decline

price of pot went from 5k a pound to $500 a pound or less, in florida I can get oz of primo stuff for $70 now

You don't understand history that well if you think the clock is going back on this one.

America
02-14-2019, 01:12 PM
weed is a modernday scourge op

Wonkie
02-14-2019, 01:13 PM
You don't understand history that well if you think the clock is going back on this one.

state weed laws fly in the face of federal supremacy. modern day johnnies if you ask me, sherman do the needful.

America
02-14-2019, 01:16 PM
cannabis is a OK alternative to medicine if being fucked up is enough to manage ur condition.

opiates are far and away more useful. and they don't trigger schizoid avoidant/oppositional personality disorders.

Wonkie
02-14-2019, 02:49 PM
cannabis is a OK alternative to medicine if being fucked up is enough to manage ur condition.

opiates are far and away more useful. and they don't trigger schizoid avoidant/oppositional personality disorders.

giev senzu bean

Muggens
02-14-2019, 02:58 PM

Could you elaborate? Been a huge smoker since the 90s but recently been cutting back bigtime

America
02-14-2019, 03:16 PM
part and parcel of paranoid schizophrenia is "negativity"/"oppositionality". it's the tendency to interpret stimuli negatively and people as adversaries. whether or not you suffer an underlying disorder which will be exacerbated by it, weed induces paranoid / schizoid symptomatology. it darkens your lens.

ppl who disagree tend to be on the junkie logic thing. or, for alcohol: "I don't get hangovers"

morleyeugena
02-15-2019, 10:59 AM
Although cannabis is sometimes proving to be good for your health, it is not fully legal in many countries.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 11:11 AM
I’m for it, but my doctor doesn’t want any competition.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 11:16 AM
part and parcel of paranoid schizophrenia is "negativity"/"oppositionality". it's the tendency to interpret stimuli negatively and people as adversaries. whether or not you suffer an underlying disorder which will be exacerbated by it, weed induces paranoid / schizoid symptomatology. it darkens your lens.

ppl who disagree tend to be on the junkie logic thing. or, for alcohol: "I don't get hangovers"

Negative and disagreeable are two of my defining character traits, just like my grandmother, and we’re not schizophrenics. We’re more like: This shit is wrong and you’re an idiot. My way is better and screw you if you disagree. We are right, more often than not, because we’re not idiots; however, people tend to let their bruised egos get in the way of improving whatever thing is it we’re bitching about. It’s about improving things that are wrong. Unfortunately, I’m very good at spotting flaws in everything wrong out there, and I lack the tact to keep my mouth shut about it.

Putting it less unflatteringly, I’m a pessimist who, as pessimists do, has a closer view of reality than anyone (most people) with an optimism bias. I also don’t mind causing strife in order to bring that unnoticed reality to light.

That is to say I’m destined to most likely always be a hypercritical bitch thanks to grandma and father being my way or the highway types. Yeah, that’s my fatal flaw. Not schizophrenic though!

Positive / agreeable types are dumbs anyway.

Raev
02-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Cannabis now has many benefits that will be good for your health.

Cannabis is a neurotoxin that causes mental illness. This has been well known since the British first measured sanitarium statistics in India in the 1850s. Even 30 minutes on google scholar should suffice to convince you of this.

In related news, violent crime in Colorado (https://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/colorado) has gone straight up since cannabis was legalized in 2013, because the mentally ill are frequently violent.

The question you should be asking is why cannabis is legal and ozone is illegal.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 11:44 AM
Ty for the neuroscience data from the time period when we were just finding out about microorganisms. Lol. Back then they thought bad odors caused disease and that frogs were spotaneously created in dirt, too. That was what passed for science then, so I’d be a little skeptical of citing observations from the 1850s as evidence of anything.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 12:01 PM
:cool:Ozone can cause the muscles in the airways to constrict, trapping air in the alveoli. This leads to wheezing and shortness of breath.
Ozone can:
Make it more difficult to breathe deeply and vigorously.
Cause shortness of breath, and pain when taking a deep breath.
Cause coughing and sore or scratchy throat.
Inflame and damage the airways.
Aggravate lung diseases such as asthma, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis.
Increase the frequency of asthma attacks.
Make the lungs more susceptible to infection.
Continue to damage the lungs even when the symptoms have disappeared.
Cause chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
These effects have been found even in healthy people, but can be more serious in people with lung diseases such as asthma. They may lead to increased school absences, medication use, visits to doctors and emergency rooms, and hospital admissions.
Long-term exposure to ozone is linked to aggravation of asthma, and is likely to be one of many causes of asthma development. Long-term exposures to higher concentrations of ozone may also be linked to permanent lung damage, such as abnormal lung development in children.
Recent studies consistently report associations between short-term ozone exposures and total non-accidental mortality, which includes deaths from respiratory causes. Studies suggest that long-term exposure to ozone also may increase the risk of death from respiratory causes, but the evidence is not as strong as the evidence for short-term exposure.

Also harms plants, reducing their capacity for photosynthesis and slows their growth while making them more susceptible to damage from the environment (insects, pollution,weather).

Ozone also doesn’t have the goddamned common decency to get you high while it damages your lungs like pot does.

America
02-15-2019, 12:12 PM
Negative and disagreeable are two of my defining character traits, just like my grandmother, and we’re not schizophrenics. We’re more like: This shit is wrong and you’re an idiot. My way is better and screw you if you disagree. We are right, more often than not, because we’re not idiots; however, people tend to let their bruised egos get in the way of improving whatever thing is it we’re bitching about. It’s about improving things that are wrong. Unfortunately, I’m very good at spotting flaws in everything wrong out there, and I lack the tact to keep my mouth shut about it.

Putting it less unflatteringly, I’m a pessimist who, as pessimists do, has a closer view of reality than anyone (most people) with an optimism bias. I also don’t mind causing strife in order to bring that unnoticed reality to light.

That is to say I’m destined to most likely always be a hypercritical bitch thanks to grandma and father being my way or the highway types. Yeah, that’s my fatal flaw. Not schizophrenic though!

Positive / agreeable types are dumbs anyway.

1 of the wisdoms my dear sir, who is extremely wise, told me to make a mantra is "everybody is wrong all the time." He would flick me on the nose for wroting what u just wrote. :D

America
02-15-2019, 12:15 PM
Ty for the neuroscience data from the time period when we were just finding out about microorganisms. Lol. Back then they thought bad odors caused disease and that frogs were spotaneously created in dirt, too. That was what passed for science then, so I’d be a little skeptical of citing observations from the 1850s as evidence of anything.

nice dunk, but i do want to emphasise that weed makes people paranoid. whether data exist to demonstrate and whether i am wililng to click click to find it -- it just does. and negativity rides with paranoia. It's a destabilizing influence. Once I learned to see myself thru a lens that observed my mental illness, I realized that weed is very bad and exacerbates my paranoia not just while high, but in a persistent way. data will bear this out over time.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 12:18 PM
1 of the wisdoms my dear sir, who is extremely wise, told me to make a mantra is "everybody is wrong all the time." He would flick me on the nose for wroting what u just wrote. :D

You missed this part which when viewed this way, I’m actually extremely proud to be this type of person:

“Putting it less unflatteringly, I’m a pessimist who, as pessimists [supposedly] do, has a closer view of reality than anyone (most people) with an optimism bias. I also don’t mind causing strife in order to bring that unnoticed reality to light.”

Everyone is wrong all the time resonants with me.
That includes me.

America
02-15-2019, 12:20 PM
You missed this part which when viewed this way, I’m actually extremely proud to be this type of person:

“Putting it less unflatteringly, I’m a pessimist who, as pessimists [supposedly] do, has a closer view of reality than anyone (most people) with an optimism bias. I also don’t mind causing strife in order to bring that unnoticed reality to light.”

respectofully, i think that's dum and you manifest what u describe so dearly as an itchy negativity in practice. respectofully, and with a kiss.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 12:21 PM
respectofully, i think that's dum and you manifest what u describe so dearly as an itchy negativity in practice. respectofully, and with a kiss.

Sorry that’s wrong.

America
02-15-2019, 12:22 PM
Sorry that’s wrong.

No, you are wrong whereas I am right.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 12:28 PM
No, you are wrong whereas I am right.

I’m sorry your optimism bias and agreeable nature blind you to the reality of your incorrectness.

Muggens
02-15-2019, 12:53 PM

I posted a reply for this in the movie thread as a testament to my askewness :p

"Thanks for making it clearer. Really rings truth.*
Happy to only smoke once in a while and stay sane"

Lots of info in here, gonna mull over it later with a lil drink and a smoke <3

Raev
02-15-2019, 12:55 PM

Known since the 1850s. There are plenty of modern studies that back it up, and I just cited the Colorado statistics from 2013. But hey, if you don't want to give your pot up that's up to you.

Wonkie
02-15-2019, 01:02 PM
I’m sorry your optimism bias and agreeable nature blind you to the reality of your incorrectness.

being a bummer all the time isnt an intelligent choice mom

Cecily
02-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Known since the 1850s. There are plenty of modern studies that back it up, and I just cited the Colorado statistics from 2013. But hey, if you don't want to give your pot up that's up to you.

Like everything else you can consume:

Alle Dinge sind Gift, und nichts ist ohne Gift, allein die Dosis macht dass ein Ding kein Gift ist.
All things are poison, and nothing is without poison, the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison.
—Paracelsus

That’s the basic principle of toxicology which is true of any drug, including pot. You are technically right, marijuana can be neurotoxic in chronic high amounts. With lesser amounts it’s thought to be neuroprotective. Kinda like how acetaminophen can stop a headache and fever or destroy your liver. If you swallow a bottle of Tylenol, you may die, slowly, from liver damage, therefore Tylenol is poison is not the right conclusion to make.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/91a5/443f6eda400e8be7ecef32a5c31ded5ae571.pdf

I don’t smoke pot btw.

America
02-15-2019, 01:16 PM
I posted a reply for this in the movie thread as a testament to my askewness :p

"Thanks for making it clearer. Really rings truth.*
Happy to only smoke once in a while and stay sane"

Lots of info in here, gonna mull over it later with a lil drink and a smoke <3

haha -- I thought that post was targeted at my evening manicposts from yesterday.

I've been growing to like you, Muggens :)

Cecily
02-15-2019, 01:19 PM
Muggens is awesome.

Probably cause he smokes pot!

Raev
02-15-2019, 04:10 PM
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/91a5/443f6eda400e8be7ecef32a5c31ded5ae571.pdf

So I was curious enough to read your review, but I'm not sure I agree with their conclusions. A few snippets.

The review: "CB1 receptor acting cannabinoid agonists protected hippocampal neurons from synaptically-mediated excitotoxicity" (Abood et al. 2001). Abood & co put neurons into a solution containing kainate, which triggers neuron receptors intended for the neurotransmitter glutamate, triggering the neurons into an excited state. Cannibinoids then reversed this. So cannabis can protect you from a glutamate storm (http://www.dana.org/Cerebrum/2007/Protecting_the_Brain_from_a_Glutamate_Storm/) but this should not be happening in a healthy brain. It's mostly when the neurons die, due to stroke (or, perhaps, smoking pot?!) that it becomes a problem.

The review: "Additionally, the role of endogenous cannabinoid system is suggested to be neuroprotective" (Guzman et al. 2001; Mechoulam et al. 2002). This one is probably the most supportive of your view, stating: "Regarding the central nervous system, most of the experimental evidence indicates that cannabinoids may protect neurons from toxic insults such as glutamaergic overstimulation, ischemia and oxidative damage. In contrast, cannabinoids induce apoptosis of glioma cells in culture and regression of malignant gliomas in vivo." Gliomas are brain cancer cells, so killing them is good.

The review: "Other synthetic cannabinoid WIN55 and 2122 administered daily (twice, 2 mg/kg) to rats increased hippocampal granule cell density and dendritic length in the CA3 pyramidal cell layer" (Chan et al. 1996). Chan's abstract does not mention this, and instead points out that

Convulsions and hyperactivity were observed in dosed rats and mice; the onset and frequency were dose related
delta 9-THC administration for 13 weeks induced testicular atrophy and uterine and ovarian hypoplasia; the lesions persisted in a 9-week recovery period
There was no evidence that delta 9-THC was carcinogenic in rats or mice (some cancer rates actually went down; it looks like they didn't have enough statistical power to be confident)

But I would consider convulsions and testicular atrophy to be pretty negative.

I did not check any of the anti-cannabis papers. In the end it was an interesting read, but not enough to really change my mind, although I'm leaving the window open just a bit. Also, I'm not sure how well Paracelsus' famous quote really applies to an addictive substance.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 05:04 PM
To reiterate:
A: Everything is poisonous
B: The dose makes the poison.

Water is poisonous in high enough quantities. It’s relative to the substance. You could easily make the argument that addictive substances are more poisonous, particularly if you agree addiction is a disease. My problem is not differentiating between physical and mental addiction. You can demonize a substance whose withdrawal causes physical illness much easier than one that might make you feel off a few days. There’s a huge difference in likelyhood of being able to stop.

FatherSioux
02-15-2019, 05:36 PM
Rogan just had a good conversation about this. More informative than you half developed basement boys making shit up.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 05:40 PM
This one an abusive father figure?

I wish I had a basement. I also wish I had time to delve into this topic further, but I’m out enjoying the lovely scorched earth scenery of January. I do hope all the hopes pinned on marijuana as an alternative to psych medications prove fruitful. I broke down and asked for an antidepressant yesterday after a decade of swearing them off.

The good thing is it’s getting researched more now, so we’ll have a better picture of the benefits and risks eventually. It’s not going to be completely harmless, especially as a recreational drug, but CBD in particular looks extremely promising.

60 degrees today!

https://i.imgur.com/QKU7GY7.jpg

America
02-15-2019, 06:29 PM
I don't like the sexual side effects of SSRI. If I were a meat sex haver, it would be intolerable. However, my form of eroticism still works pretty well. Other than that, I am a way more functional and thus decent person and my network is stronger than it's ever been cuz I roll pretty fearlessly right now.

It totally erased my social / being-out anxiety when I was crippled by it, so I think Lexapro will have proven worthwhile so long as I don't remain crutched by it for life. It was really astonishing how effective it was. I had felt like I was reduced to my adult infancy, when I was a 15-yo total agoraphobe, when my appearance started changing to the point I had to be read as some kind of queer. You don't seem like you have that problem tho (actually, Cecily, I think you are "so brave". I am really impressed at how you attack transition.) but you do have other mood issues.

My read on it is that it's totally dandy to take during the really tough hingey part of transition. Appearance problems will produce less anxiety and embarrassing incidents cause less PTSD. etc. In fact, it may turn out that it's a good idea on average to give a SSRI prophylactically for a year or two at commencement of hormones.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 06:36 PM
I’m curious how sexual sides interact with what you get from hormones anyway. At least mine doesn’t have weight gain as a side effect. Think that and being conscious of my emotions being capped at palpable min/max always turned me off of them. I think... this is the same one I tried a decade ago and it actually did help. I just wasn’t me.

Ty about “so brave” lol. I’m absolutely terrified tbh, but I’m able to get out of the house and desensitize myself to interpersonal interaction. 50-50 on anxiety choking my voice up when I talk to strangers, but I’ve gotta do this or I’m gonna relapse to neckbeard.

I credit CBD during late 2017 and early 2018, along my canvassing job this past fall. CBD seemed to lessen my lifelong crippling social anxiety permanently and knocking on 80 stranger’s doors at day got me over the rest of it. I feel like I’m definitely below clinical threshold for it now and just deal with what I assume is normal anxiety. I can effectively kill new anxieties in the course of a week or so with 2-3 exposures. It’s fucking nice.

Just throw yourself into things - like you have been and it’s not so scary after whatever worst case scenario doesn’t happen. Your field reports and insights helped me out considerably with all this btw.

Wish I had a mind trick to make depression fuck off, but it’s wrecking my prospects atm so desperate measures in pill form for the moment.

There actually is one come to think of it. I’ve seen it suggested depresssion is due to a disregulated circadian rhythm. There’s been some success with keeping people up 48 hours at a time on lithium with estimated 5% perma success per treatment cycle. I might try to experiment on myself with it, minus lithium. Might just play nirvana’s to be safe.

I used to work graveyard shift for like 8 years so I’m sure mine got trashed in between that and video game binging during the same period.

Just considered that quitting video games might also be likely reason for the anxiety relief. Lack of gaming only correlates to positive things in my experience. EQ was the real neurotoxin.

America
02-15-2019, 07:03 PM
Thank you. I'm honored to have helped.

I don't think you suffer enough of a problem for lithium to be worthwhile. Trying lithium made a treacherous period for me. It is toooo hard of a drug. this is me trying to override the advice of a potential future doctor you encounter, because I know I am smarter than him.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 07:11 PM
Yeah let me be very clear that I hold antidepressant medication in the utmost contempt. This is really hard for me to try this route again. I’d rather just use CBD but my adderall is contingent on my urine testing clean. 18mg THC in the last vial I bought and that’s plenty to trip a false positive.

rollin5k
02-15-2019, 07:13 PM
quick discussion about cannabis (https://youtu.be/-xY_D8SMNtE)

America
02-15-2019, 07:15 PM
Yeah let me be very clear that I hold antidepressant medication in the utmost contempt. This is really hard for me to try this route again.

leave your biases at home nurse lady :p you'll save people with this stuff. Or, manifest your contempt by learning about your patients' RL stressors and as they pass, be pushy about titrating the dose downward.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 07:35 PM
leave your biases at home nurse lady :p you'll save people with this stuff. Or, manifest your contempt by learning about your patients' RL stressors and as they pass, be pushy about titrating the dose downward.

I mean it as far as for myself, I used to be militantly against psych drug all together, still am to an extent, but my human growth and development teacher simply told me, “these medications save lives.” That changed my view and I wholeheartedly agree now. Still don’t trust them as a primary means of care at all, but yeah I’m for them if they’re absolutely needed. A lot of my issue is how the field isn’t very... scientific in its method. Well trial and error is actually, but you know what I mean. There’s not an objective dosage criteria for any individual patient. Let’s try this and see how it works seems unethical to me when you see the effects of withdrawal medications like effexor had on my ex.

I’ve written my own prescription for adderall and Wellbutrin through carefully worded suggestions because I’m absolutely convinced I’m as capable as a MD in medicating the limited problems I have, including hrt. Breaking news: Dunning Kruger effect and all that but I think I’m right still.

America
02-15-2019, 07:59 PM
oh boy. manipulating doctors. iktf

Wonkie
02-15-2019, 08:06 PM
Breaking news: Dunning Kruger effect and all that but I think I’m right still.

sounds like a cargo cult crab bucket mentality

Cecily
02-15-2019, 08:06 PM
Managing my own care with supervision!

America
02-15-2019, 08:26 PM
sounds like a cargo cult crab bucket mentality

not sure this apparent diss ackchyually makes sense.

Cecily
02-15-2019, 08:29 PM
not sure this apparent diss ackchyually makes sense.

No, I fact checked it and it’s accurate.

Wonkie
02-15-2019, 08:33 PM
No, I fact checked it and it’s accurate.

should i tell her?

America
02-15-2019, 08:33 PM
plz

Cecily
02-15-2019, 08:35 PM
She’s more than capable of seeing the connection, I’m sure.

Wonkie
02-15-2019, 08:38 PM
plz

it's alot simpler than you think. follow the money.

America
02-15-2019, 08:40 PM
i guess i'm not smart enough

Wonkie
02-15-2019, 08:42 PM
i guess i'm not smart enough

now that's not very aesthetic

America
02-15-2019, 08:54 PM
I don't understand the significant's of the crab bucket

FatherSioux
02-15-2019, 11:12 PM
quick discussion about cannabis (https://youtu.be/-xY_D8SMNtE)

So good.