PDA

View Full Version : Ways to use Kazumi's Note of Preservation

Rodeojones1979
09-04-2018, 11:22 AM
This weekend I completed 60% of level 59 through some intense and successful XP grinding. For the first time since I rolled this toon in 2011 the end appears in sight. So now I'm considering what gameplay looks like for an un-epic'd but lvl 60 bard. Naturally, I've never used Kazumi's Note of Preservation (a group DA). And I'm interested to learn about its best uses and various tricks you can do with it.

First, are all group members unable to attack, cast, etc when the song is played?

Is this song only good for preventing wipes? Should it be used when tanks or about to flop? Can I use it to prevent the chanter from dying from a charm break?

What's a good use for this song when soloing?

How often do you leave this song memmed?

What other ways do you use this song? What clever ways can it be applied?

Thanks!

Pringles
09-04-2018, 11:52 AM
I'm groups preventing wipes is the only use that I have seen it used for. For raids it has some other uses but I can't comment too much on those.

branamil
09-04-2018, 12:05 PM
You should always have it memmed. 7 other slots are plenty for the other important things.

With it you can, kamikaze trains to the zone out in dangerous zones, survive getting rooted during a kite or swarm, Cast it on the puller in your group before a dangerous pull, pop it if an ice comet is about to land on you, run past sontalak, be immune to AoE dragon fear... it's too useful to ever not have up

evilkorn
09-04-2018, 12:14 PM
It functions the same as like a group of clerics casting DA, same rules apply you and everyone else can't take damage or cast/attack for about 18sec or you can click it off. It has a 3min reuse timer and you should always keep it memmed.

For raids you can use it to position mobs or have your group avoid an aoe because they can just click it off after the aoe and resume play.

Bummey
09-04-2018, 02:18 PM
Make sure you talk with your group in advance and let them know you have the song ready and can cast it. There's nothing like blasting DA on a whole group and 18 seconds of everyone standing around wondering why they can't attack or heal anyone, then wiping.

Make a macro for before you use it, too.

GinnasP99
09-04-2018, 03:37 PM
You can use it to port people without the porter leaving. apply DA after porter begins casting, everyone that wants to take the port clicks off kazumi's, porter leaves it on to not be affected by the port spell

Arkanjil
09-05-2018, 12:02 AM
I like using it to pack up spiders in Velks or DN I've pulled for swarm kiting.

Rodeojones1979
09-05-2018, 08:26 AM
These are all fantastic suggestions! Especially the port-without-porter-porting utility. I never would have thought of that. Never leave that 7th person behind again!