PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Spell casting bar dissapearing

corradojeff
03-27-2011, 09:19 PM
since the latest spell file update, while I am playing my bard, my spell casting bar is dissapearing.

While I am casting a song the spell bar will dissapear from the screen as if my song got interupted or i got stunned except I didnt. my sepll gems do not refresh an I continue to cast the song and then just wait till I see the particle effects to know my casting is successful.

It does not happen every cast. Roughly ever 5 or so and seemingly at random.

corradojeff
03-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Any other bards experiencing this?

Haynar
03-29-2011, 10:44 PM
You are going to have to put more info on which songs this was happening on, under what conditions, were you twisting, etc.. If I cannot reproduce it, I can't fix it. The more details, the better. If you dont know which song specifically, then maybe a group of songs you may have been twisting. Were you in combat, being hit on? Were you in combat, hitting something?

Thanks,

H

Blingx
03-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Problem:Cast bar occasionally vanishes at the start of a cast causing one to think they have just missed a note! Song will still finish if you can show great restraint from hitting the song again thinking you missed a note. :(

Conditions:In combat, hitting something, twisting, moving, switching targets.
Velious UI from getting started guide.
Majority of the time not being hit on.
Have not noticed it happening unless twisting and in combat. Most noticeable when twisting 4 songs.

Normal twist involves 3-4 from this list depending on situation.
Songs:
Hymn of Restoration
Angstlich's Appalling Screech
Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity
Verses of Victory
Selo's Consonant Chain
Chant of Battle
Crission's Pixie Strike
Niv's Melody of Preservation

Haynar
03-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Problem:Cast bar occasionally vanishes at the start of a cast causing one to think they have just missed a note! Song will still finish if you can show great restraint from hitting the song again thinking you missed a note. :(

Conditions:In combat, hitting something, twisting, moving, switching targets.
Velious UI from getting started guide.
Majority of the time not being hit on.
Have not noticed it happening unless twisting and in combat. Most noticeable when twisting 4 songs.

Normal twist involves 3-4 from this list depending on situation.
Songs:
Hymn of Restoration
Angstlich's Appalling Screech
Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity
Verses of Victory
Selo's Consonant Chain
Chant of Battle
Crission's Pixie Strike
Niv's Melody of Preservation

Using a weapon with a proc? Just thinking of ideas.

H

Blingx
03-30-2011, 12:26 AM

H

No proccing weapons.
Was in Karnor's Castle various camps, grouped.
Illusion;Dark Elf from currently dropping guise is only long term buff which I have on 99% of the time.

Note: Karnor's Castle is just where I noticed it with 100% certainty.
Another 100% certainty is beneficial songs being twisted. (I can not say for certain that the cast bar was vanishing on detrimental songs.)

Lazortag
03-30-2011, 06:58 PM

H

This definitely isn't it. It happens when I'm using an instrument, using weapons, using anything, whether autoattack is on or off, etc. Sometimes it even happens when I right click my levi cloak, so maybe it's not just Bard songs, but it seems to happen to Bards overwhelmingly.

Someone should maybe test if it ever happens while the Bard is standing still?

As for which songs it affects, I know it definitely affects selo's, manasong, regen, and probably every other song. These are just the ones I have memory of it affecting.

corradojeff
04-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks for coming to my rescue on this information guys.

Haynar, Sorry that I didn’t have more information for you in my post. Not only am I new to bug reports and not sure what you needed but this is also happening so randomly (or appears to be random) that I have not been able to lockdown any specific songs, weapons or conditions. So far this issue is happening in all conditions on all songs, detrimental or beneficial.

At the beginning I was noticing it more on songs that I was twisting because I watch the cast bard for my twist timing. When casting single songs like selos before a run or clouding for invis I didn’t really notice it because I just look for the particle effects and take off. Now that I know there is an issue I have been watching for it and it has happened on almost every song in my repertoire. I have seen it happen while singing (with and without a weapon) and while using an instrument. I have seen it happen in and out of battle. It happens in old world and Kunark. It happens while standing still and on the move. It happens with and without buffs.

I have not tried too many different UIs yet but I have tried it on Velious UI from the getting started guide and on a couple of Duxa’s UIs and it’s the same result.

If you need any more information or more testing let me know.

corradojeff
04-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Is there anything else that I can do to collect more information for this?

corradojeff
06-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Any more information on this? Thanks

Dr4z3r
06-01-2011, 10:44 AM
I've been experiencing this for months.

Moving or standing still, attacking or not, those don't seem to matter. All I've been able to nail down is that it happens when twisting, as opposed to say spamming manasong.

dunevenker
05-02-2012, 10:40 AM
This has been happening to my bard for months, hell, over a year easy. It doesn't matter what song or what i'm doing, it will just randomly disappear. I've tested just about every combination of songs, sitting, standing, running, grouped, not grouped, different buffs, mask illusions, everything I can think of and it still operates the same way - sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. It will be up for half a second and then randomly poof.

Cwall 52.0
02-11-2013, 07:54 AM
bump