PDA

View Full Version : Peolpe who have purchase Bio Orbs... how are you doing!?

mefdinkins
08-30-2018, 11:22 AM
Bio orb didn't seem to be in super high demand about a year ago but a lot of high end monks had them for pulling and some high end tanks had them as an aggro tool.

Then one day Kelzaraz, monk legend, posts a video of himself solo'ing King camp and highlights some of the nifty tricks the bio orb allows him to pull off and demand goes through the roof, Bio orbs jump in price about 50% and they're constantly sought after.

So, those of you who dropped some coin on a Bio Orb - how has it impacted you, how have you used it, was it worth it? Or does it just sit in your inventory 95% of the time?

Thanks,

Ella`Ella
08-30-2018, 12:07 PM
Monks can solo king with Bio orb?!

Just because Kelz can does not mean others can.

Taiku
08-30-2018, 12:35 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Bioluminescent_Orb for anyone else who didn't know what they were talking about. :3

Varren
08-30-2018, 12:45 PM
I got to borrow one once on my monk at it was nice. Very very nice

ScaringChildren
08-30-2018, 12:51 PM
I got to borrow one once on my monk at it was nice. Very very nice

It allows you to single pull pretty reliably, correct?

Sadiki
08-30-2018, 01:21 PM
You can only pull what doesn't commonly resist spells, but Bio Orb is easily one of the funnest items in the game. Want a mob? Just click it and flop, and it'll flail around like an idiot alone, into the arms of your murderous group. It doesn't let you "solo King", it just lets you single pull him easier if you know the positioning.

Shortly after getting mine, I used it to pull a dwarf for a quest out of a bar in Thurgadin. I blind him and flop, and he just starts barreling down the entire zone alone. Well, apparently aggroing him also fires off a script, so as he's screaming out the door all of the dwarves in the bar vanish and emotes start firing off about how they're all leaping into trap doors to escape from the wrath of the Bio Orb.

Fun stuff. I don't really remember seeing the price spike, though.

Pringles
08-30-2018, 02:46 PM
I raised the price very hard on them. Could see the sneak nerf coming so bought every single one up. Shot the price up from 40-100k almost overnight after patch day. Good times. Already used it to solo Drusella/Emp/and spore king but im not a video guy so kudos to Kelz doing it year later in BIS gear.

Varren
08-30-2018, 02:53 PM
It allows you to single pull pretty reliably, correct?

Yes, it makes single pulling a breeze, often sending the blinded mobs right into the eager arms of your group. Just blind then hit FD immediately, and off goes the mob.

Its also nice as a monktank to not worry if your enchanter has rooted mezzed mobs. Can just blind then crush, knowing that it will stay right with you.

Zal22
08-30-2018, 03:20 PM
I raised the price very hard on them. Could see the sneak nerf coming so bought every single one up. Shot the price up from 40-100k almost overnight after patch day. Good times. Already used it to solo Drusella/Emp/and spore king but im not a video guy so kudos to Kelz doing it year later in BIS gear.

Sounds like you look in mirrors a lot, but kudos to you.

Teppler
08-30-2018, 04:12 PM

Pretty cool. I haven’t seen someone solo emp yet but I’m getting very close. I just need to make another 100k or so.

Yoink1986
08-30-2018, 06:34 PM
I solo all God’s .im like pringles and don’t video it. Trust me. Scouts honor

Troxx
08-30-2018, 08:00 PM
Pretty cool. I haven’t seen someone solo emp yet but I’m getting very close. I just need to make another 100k or so.

Have fun getting through the locked door.

daxchunjae1912
08-30-2018, 08:00 PM
I really hope the price reaches at least 200k soon!

Ezrick
08-30-2018, 11:33 PM
Have fun getting through the locked door.

Push mob through door. Back off, wait for him to summon you. It actually works.

Teppler
08-31-2018, 07:08 AM
Unlike the door to crypt, emp locked door always has a summoning mob right there at the ent. I think the bigger issue is probably getting out if you’re successful and you want to keep going.

You know I’ve only seen 1 person in the last 5-6 months even try emp solo and he’s a Necro.

ScaringChildren
08-31-2018, 07:16 AM
If you ever need to unlock the door, let me know. I have a rogue parked there.

mefdinkins
08-31-2018, 12:43 PM
Kelz soloing Emp - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRf5AuS0MLA

enjchanter
08-31-2018, 03:21 PM
Unlike the door to crypt, emp locked door always has a summoning mob right there at the ent. I think the bigger issue is probably getting out if you’re successful and you want to keep going.

You know I’ve only seen 1 person in the last 5-6 months even try emp solo and he’s a Necro.

Chottal is part of my routine when I'm searching for mobs to kill for some quick money, but I'm an enchanter with some raid gear so basically it doesn't even count, right? I really wanna try to solo him on my necro ! My main concern with necro is going to be lack of slow. I dont think itll be easy to keep a pet up and without slow there's no hope of recharming

Teppler
08-31-2018, 03:34 PM
Chottal is part of my routine when I'm searching for mobs to kill for some quick money, but I'm an enchanter with some raid gear so basically it doesn't even count, right? I really wanna try to solo him on my necro ! My main concern with necro is going to be lack of slow. I dont think itll be easy to keep a pet up and without slow there's no hope of recharming

I actually think I could do it right now on both my shaman and my necro without strong clickies.

For Necro, Swarmcaller for slows. When I kill named crypt mobs with my necro my pet still has around 80% often, if it procs early. Even if it doesn't it's not much of a problem either but that might be different with emp. Necro haste your pet & give it a tola robe and it's dps is insane. Pray charm doesn't break.

The biggest issue with both is breaking camp. It's really tough. For shaman, can't do it if Emp is up. So you would have to take the time break camp up first. Those 6 mobs will be a battle that will take like 30 mins. Then you gotta wait and get lucky with an emp spawn. It's just not worth it but I've been wanting to try it next time I find someone just camping crypt.

I've drained his mana and tanked him for extended time in my duos so I think he can be solo'd without anything special. And based on how well my Necro can take out crypt names, I think Emp can be taken down similarly, except maybe slightly tougher.

enjchanter
08-31-2018, 03:53 PM
I dont use any clickies to kill emp besides the occasional wort pot if he sticks me with a pyrocuror so it can definitely be done but I guess maybe it depends what you consider a strong clicky. If it's my first kill ever on the mob, I always try my best to not use any consumables to get full credit but if I gotta use a click or 2 of a wort pot to lock in a potential torpor scroll , then ... sorry not sorry haha

Yeah swarmcaller is a good idea. I think you might be understimating emp though. Emp is significantly harder than the crypt names. He is very resistant, hits harder, and can utterly destroy a pet via high level necro dots. I've died to him before via getting cessation'd and summoned and not having enough strength to actually move away from him. I think the necro would basically have to pray that he doesn't cast dispel or charm breaks.

A shaman could probably solo him rather easily being able to land slow easier and also tank the friggin thing. But yes breaking the camp would be quite difficult and time consuming. Shamans can pretty much kill anything that doesn't require dealing with too many adds. I'd love to see it happen though !

The mana drain is a good idea in a duo but I dont think its feasible solo because atleast on an enchanter, you will be burning mana constantly during the fight.

Jan Jensen
08-31-2018, 07:09 PM
Bought one. Immediately went to baptize it by clicking on self in EC. Resisted. Worthless item.

aaezil
08-31-2018, 07:30 PM
Just roll SK noobs derrr