PDA

View Full Version : eyewuz - Calling all classic EQers.

binibren
02-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm a fairly new member here (since November) and while I've yet to put any serious levels on my wizzie I love that people are once again experiencing EverQuest as it was. I still dream about GEBs, Fishbone Earrings and frogs who drop yaks. In what other game can you hear someone say (in all seriousness), "Hand is in the Ass" (ass/sup) and not have people look at them like their hair is on fire?

Anyway, I'm a big classic gaming fan and have been working on a side project for a while now which has as its goal reconnecting old/lost gaming communities. While this could be any set of gaming communities, for now I'm focusing on EverQuest - specifically older/classic EQ. I played on Bristlebane since 1999 and would love to find those I once ran around with but have since lost contact with. I would also like for people on other servers to similarly find their lost buddies. FYI: I'm not trying to take people from the boards here. Quite the contrary, I'm hoping to help even more people find Project 1999.

So that's the general idea. With out further ado here is the site: http://eyewuz.com

I know, corny name. Oh well, domains are impossible these days. But I kinda like this one.

Some caveats:

There are bugs. The site is new and i'm still working through them. Please post if you find one.
Things are slow. The hardware for the site is pretty weak right now and you might experience very slow behaviour. Please bear with me.
I need better documentation or a tutorial on the site. Feel free to ask me any questions here or in the "Comments" channel on the site itself.

So come by, check things out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Yoite
02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
thx for the tiny spaceship!

Fargus
02-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Perhaps you might find some of those Bristlebane people here (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=186217964219).

binibren
02-17-2010, 10:16 AM
thx for the tiny spaceship!

I was wondering who would be first to notice that. :)

Perhaps you might find some of those Bristlebane people here.

Thanks Fargus. I will definitely have to read through the boards there.

stayne
02-19-2010, 09:24 PM
cool site dude