PDA

View Full Version : Should I:

clevergirl
08-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Attempt to play on the dying red server with my lvl 30 and 40, or keep rerolling lvl 12 toons on blue99?

I want to twink a wizard now. I have a shimmering orb, and a sacrificial dagger and ghostly robe and about 200p to my name. Also, I have an MM shield, dwarven workboots, and a velium longsword, but I don't feel like selling these things for twink items.

my necro is lvl 12
my paladin 19
and my as yet to be rolled wizard is 0

I should probably make a high elf wizard with lots of charisma, but I don't know, i'm kinda of bored of playing this game normally, but i want to troll around in game still, i had some fun newbie groups on my paladin/necro

TAKP is a good server but the game client won't stay connected for more than 30 seconds and it's not worth the effort to box there.

clevergirl
08-25-2018, 12:54 PM
It is fun to log into red and type max chat buffer walls of stream of conciousness text. I could probably do that while playing a wizard there and sit around perma afk while my glutes deteriorate and my spine crumbles.

loramin
08-25-2018, 01:08 PM
I vote you try something new.

Master a tradeskill on one of those toons. Take them to a dungeon you've never visited just to explore. Get one of them to master every language, or to master Fishing, Begging, or drinking. Take your level 40 to lower level zones to try to find the one new player on Red, and then power level that poor foolish bastard for no damn reason.

It's a big game, so if the XP grind isn't appealing to you the way it used to just do something else.

Cecily
08-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Stop playing EQ.

radda
08-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Takproject is better then clever posted.

eadric
08-25-2018, 02:36 PM
Do what makes you happy. If you need us to tell you what will make you happy - seek help.

Vizax_Xaziv
08-26-2018, 12:19 AM
I "tried Red." My cleric sitting at lvl 38 but there's just never any fucking groups - and that's as a cleric.

Vizax_Xaziv
08-26-2018, 12:21 AM
Also I find EQ incredibly boring at the early levels - especially with the amount of thinking on Blue. Anything sub-35 probably even higher is just a snoozsfest when u always have a tank w a fungi etc etc

clevergirl
08-26-2018, 12:40 AM
I "tried Red." My cleric sitting at lvl 38 but there's just never any fucking groups - and that's as a cleric.

Yeah pretty much. It's possible to level on red post 40 and get groups as a cleric. However the pool of players is exceedingly small. And the levels of autism and expected week long poopsocks among this ever dwindling pool of the finest red99 has to offer reaches the point of a great filter.

I'll probably just stay on blue and reroll again. This game is just random shits and occasional giggles and that use to be easily fulfilled in classic era red99.

Because I'm casual scum who will randomly play for only a few hours, professional red99 players don't take me seriously anymore anyway.

My internal levels of autism aren't that high anymore. I think blue99 fingerpainting is where it's at. Access to the plethora of ezmode pixels with instantaneous delivery in east commmonlands is nice too.

I wonder how many more years the servers will be around? It's amazing I have not amassed 10 level 60s in BIS at this point in EQ. The irony of being a true casual.

renordw
08-30-2018, 06:14 PM
You can try EQReborn it's pretty amazing. They just opened this month, no kunark and will only go to Velious

Doctor Jeff
08-30-2018, 06:27 PM
You can try EQReborn it's pretty amazing. They just opened this month, no kunark and will only go to Velious

That server has bugs that will allow you to level from 1-50 in <15 hours played.

No thanks.

renordw
08-30-2018, 06:45 PM
That server has bugs that will allow you to level from 1-50 in <15 hours played.

No thanks.

What bugs?

renordw
08-30-2018, 07:09 PM
For science

katrik
08-30-2018, 08:45 PM
Wizzy is fun. Mine is 51 or 52 in blue. Quadding is a blast, but it’s a tad expensive to get started with.

clevergirl
08-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Wizzy is fun. Mine is 51 or 52 in blue. Quadding is a blast, but it’s a tad expensive to get started with.

Blue99 wizard is 1 blue away from 16 with bags full of loot, quading is pricey but, it's worth it, once you achieve quad levels of mana.

My wizard on TakP I've had a lot of luck staying connected lately, she's now a solid yellow into 39, staff of temperate flux, 242 INT, and some +250 mana and Jboots + staff of temp flux done, but no circle of whatever it is quad spell yet.

I quadded on live during pop to 60. Some good memories doing that. I pretty much skipped that on my live wizard.

I had this too :D

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12646

Xerkizh The Creator

I abused it. A LOT.

I wonder if that'll drop on TakP one day?

I'll probably continue to just play on both servers, when I'm in the mood to focus on EQ i've been playing both toons, medding one, and kiting the other.

I'd love to have a wizard pumpped full of AAs and luclin raid loots. I pretty much skipped that stuff on my live wizard, also, I didn't even know how to play. I was the kind of wizard that clerics were given epic 1.0 for.