PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Resists don't seem fixed at all

Chicka
03-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Two tashed blue coercers in dalnir - me 32 enchanter. Both had 2 root resists.

Also had color shift resists on debuffed blues.

Frootloop
03-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Post something the devs can go off of.

Potus
03-27-2011, 04:16 PM
This was today off of a shadow man
http://i.imgur.com/QW4Ng.png

Chicka
03-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Post something the devs can go off of.

Having been a dev for 20+ years I'm not sure what you mean...

Frootloop
03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Having been a dev for 20+ years I'm not sure what you mean...

preferred method and as much possible info as you can give!

Try and use the feedback Uthgaard is requesting using this format:

How are mob resists?
What level were the mobs?
What level were you?
What spell did you cast?

Soandso
03-27-2011, 05:11 PM
I too have noticed an increase in the resist rate. For example, killing Hill Giants in Rathe Mount, which are ~lvl 37, and I was lvl 39, making it a blue con. In one specific instance, a blue Hill Giant resisted 6 roots and 4 Scourge's (shaman disease dot) in a row. This has happened to me many times in the last week or two.

Chicka
03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
preferred method and as much possible info as you can give!

Try and use the feedback Uthgaard is requesting using this format:

How are mob resists?
What level were the mobs?
What level were you?
What spell did you cast?

All info of which was in my post :)

quellren
03-27-2011, 06:13 PM
I noticed this as well today. As a necro it's no surprise I've spent a fair bit of time camping Frenzy and AM. Today was a disaster.
A cleric asked me to duo with him, I agreed and ran to Frenzy. Loaded up lull and went to work on the left-most BT.
First one resisted. Second cast landed.
I move to the middle BT. First cast is resisted AND drew aggro. All 3 come at me. Cleric dies, I die trying to root them down.
He recovers the bodies and I get rezzed in the AM safe-hall. He suggests we snipe AM before we head back to Frenzy. I charm a Dar in the main hall and drag him around to engage the AM/Kor.
Charm breaks in about 30 seconds, all 3 rape my face.

We recover and give it another go, since the AM is up. I get a skeleton pet up, and send him in planning to ghetto mez one and burn the other.
The Kor wizard resisted screaming terror twice in a row, as did the AM when I tried to use it to interrupt him from nuking the cleric to hell and back. I FD, he gates, my pet gets gang-banged.
At this point the group fell apart.
I go back to Frenzy and start to lull them again.
Left one lulled,
Middle one lulled
Right one resists twice, no aggro.
I gate to TD and bid farewell to Guk for a while.

I've been using screaming terror extensively since I got it at 24. I can't recall the last time I had a blue con mob resist it. Certainly not twice in a row on a familiar mob in Guk, plus my being 51 instead of 49 or 50. The same could be said for lull and resists.
If I were trying this in KC or Seb, I'd say it's Kunark....but not Guk. I'm a necro, I KNOW Guk.

BTW If you read this Daliant, I'm really sorry. I swear I'm not the scrub I seemed to be this morning.

parlay1
03-27-2011, 08:05 PM
logged in excited to see resists were fixed, pulled a blue con spec (I'm lvl 40), get root off and breaks instantly, ensnare sticks but then both immolate and drones of doom get resisted. land a couple more enveloping roots but they break immediately before finally getting one to stick. he had me down to one bub of life and i cast the final what should be kill shot and the game crashes to desktop. lol

Naum
03-27-2011, 09:23 PM
While i dont doubt the above experiences at all i feel obliged to post my own humble opinion.
After the patch everything has been a walk in the park for me, going from 41 to 43 in Rathe Mtns (Hill Giants) and Oasis (Specs), i was almost going to post that mobs resists way too little now :p, i feel resists are 1/5 of what they were before. (Dooming Darkness, Scourge, Fear, Root, Undead Fear, Undead Root)

The _but_ is that VoTS still got resisted a whole lot but i stopped trying after a few mobs, also the Hill Giants resisted Vamp. Curse a lot (More than 50% of the time) while the Specs almost never did. (I think once or twice in ~75 mobs)

guineapig
03-28-2011, 12:30 AM
logged in excited to see resists were fixed, pulled a blue con spec (I'm lvl 40), get root off and breaks instantly, ensnare sticks but then both immolate and drones of doom get resisted. land a couple more enveloping roots but they break immediately before finally getting one to stick. he had me down to one bub of life and i cast the final what should be kill shot and the game crashes to desktop. lol

Which root are you using? I think you will find that using the highest level one available, while less mana efficient, is much more reliable.

And yesh, from my experience just because the mob is blue con isn't always enough to consider. At level 40 you can have a level 39 mob be blue or a level 30 mob be blue. The difference in resist rates is huge!

Chicka
03-28-2011, 12:15 PM
I have a theory that it is magic based spells that are having the problems. My mage never gets resisted, my enchanter has unusually high resist rates. As I recall debuffing a blue was something you did if you encountered a resist - it wasn't a prerequisite to hoping to land a spell on anything, but that is the situation now, even after the patch.

Rubyt
03-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Since the last patch, my snare and dot spells have been resisted way more than normal. I would say around 50% of spells cast get resisted by blues, and that is with tash on them. This doesn't seem like the normal classic EQ experience I remember. Even before the patch I felt like the resist rate was too high. I expect the occasional resist, but dumping a whole mana bar ( 2 with my wife's chanter) on a blue mob is way tedious. Aren't games supposed to be fun? Just my 2c worth.

lyyfeleech
03-28-2011, 06:44 PM
I spent 5-6 hours in Burning Woods today and the resists are quite bad. In particular Ignite Blood was getting resisted 50% of the time against giants,undead,and hornets (yes I know wurms are 100% resistant to fire spells). It was my experience on live and here mostly as well that the Ignite Blood line is our most reliable spell line other than taps for resists. Usually lands 9/10 against mobs that aren't totally fire resistant.1 tick root breaks are very common and charm is extremely unreliable at 51. Just some observations.

parlay1
03-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Which root are you using? I think you will find that using the highest level one available, while less mana efficient, is much more reliable.

And yesh, from my experience just because the mob is blue con isn't always enough to consider. At level 40 you can have a level 39 mob be blue or a level 30 mob be blue. The difference in resist rates is huge!

Enveloping Root (lvl 39), I am 40. I understand the level difference=large difference in mobs but I have never seen it like this, but it was only one mob so I don't have a large sample just thought it was a humorous start.

Jify
03-28-2011, 11:03 PM
I spent 5-6 hours in Burning Woods today and the resists are quite bad. In particular Ignite Blood was getting resisted 50% of the time against giants,undead,and hornets (yes I know wurms are 100% resistant to fire spells). It was my experience on live and here mostly as well that the Ignite Blood line is our most reliable spell line other than taps for resists. Usually lands 9/10 against mobs that aren't totally fire resistant.1 tick root breaks are very common and charm is extremely unreliable at 51. Just some observations.

I saw poor Lyyfeleech use up many many manaz due to spell resists. I don't think it's classic that a necro require a full mana pool to pull a single blue con, due to the number of resists it takes to actually land a spell.

Meanwhile, I've learned to level casting "Burst of Flame" and "Shield of Lava" wuwu. :D

parlay1
03-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Definitely still not right. I just pulled a light blue con Hill Giant in NK (I am lvl 40), land enveloping root and ensnare, cast drones of doom resisted, breaks root, re-root. Cast drone os doom resisted, cast drones of doom and lands, cast immolate and lands, root breaks....re-root. cast drones of doom lands, cast immolate-resisted, cast immolate-resisted, cast immolate resisted, have to zone due to oom on a light blue con! I have 203 wis.

Ropethunder
03-29-2011, 12:56 AM
I have never *ever* had this many resists on Calm before. Blue stuff is resisting like crazy. Sometimes I have to cast it 4-5 times or more on one mob.

ziahh
03-29-2011, 01:16 AM
i was casting calm on a jin shaman in guk. i got 9 resist in a row ... i get resisted on everything. i had a old spell file version that i did not upgrade since i installed the spell version about a year ago. after installing the spell file around the time we did the beta weekend i started to have these issue with resist. since then its beeh hellish !

Glitch
03-29-2011, 02:00 AM
Kanras/Uthgaard-Src-Lull/Whirl/Debuff resist fixes

Glitch
03-29-2011, 02:01 AM
"Fix" doesn't imply a good thing.

Chicka
03-29-2011, 02:04 PM
I understand your meaning glitch but this cant be fixed as intended. I don't recall having to dump half a mana bar on one debuffed blue mob, while it beat on me, because it resisted everything - not in any expansion.

It doesn't help that sk taunt is still jacked up too - kinda dangerous to be a chanter these days. Dare I say, there is a dangerous glitch in the game right now.

Cribanox
03-30-2011, 12:35 AM
level 51 druid, trying to just kite singles in burning wood and skyfire. The mobs are level 39-44 and I cant land one single immolate. I've tryed probably 10+ casts of this spell. Drifting death seems to work but will get a few resists (I've used conjuration dots my entire druid career here and have NEVER had a swarm dot get any resists until recently).

I can play in dreadlands at level 51 pretty normal but it's mostly light blues (or dark blues that are on the verge of being a light blue). It's incredibly frustrating when ther is a zone full of dark blues that I can barely root / dot or snare / dot, when I should be quad kiting.

parlay1
03-30-2011, 03:10 AM
level 51 druid, trying to just kite singles in burning wood and skyfire. The mobs are level 39-44 and I cant land one single immolate. I've tryed probably 10+ casts of this spell. Drifting death seems to work but will get a few resists (I've used conjuration dots my entire druid career here and have NEVER had a swarm dot get any resists until recently).

I can play in dreadlands at level 51 pretty normal but it's mostly light blues (or dark blues that are on the verge of being a light blue). It's incredibly frustrating when ther is a zone full of dark blues that I can barely root / dot or snare / dot, when I should be quad kiting.

I hear ya, I am now just using my druid to PL and port until this gets fixed, hopefully it will be soon.

Jigga
03-30-2011, 03:29 AM
Isnt druid dots like swarm and WD suppose to be like -100 mr mod aswell or was that added later? i remember it being very rare to get a resist the druid mr dots

quenyar
03-30-2011, 03:56 AM
Druid swarm-type dots did indeed have a big negative resistmod, and my experience tells me that on most regular blue mobs you would get a resistrate of about 1/30. Immolate-type spells were very different, and I never used them in a place like Skyfire where mobs did seem to have a higher FR.

DrukNecro
03-30-2011, 04:46 AM
From 6 hours of the log file, camping blues, occasional even con, and the rare yellow (gnolls and chargers in SK @ lvl 30 necro). Simple grep | wc -l show:

Dooming Darkness Cast: 175 times
Dooming Darkness Resisted: 55 times (31%)

Clinging Darkness Cast: 77
Clinging Darkness Resisted: 27 (35%)

Disease Cloud Cast: 223
Disease Cloud Resisted: 75 (34%)

Right around 1 in 3 spells resisting overall.

guineapig
03-30-2011, 07:54 AM
From 6 hours of the log file, camping blues, occasional even con, and the rare yellow (gnolls and chargers in SK @ lvl 30 necro). Simple grep | wc -l show:

Dooming Darkness Cast: 175 times
Dooming Darkness Resisted: 55 times (31%)

Clinging Darkness Cast: 77
Clinging Darkness Resisted: 27 (35%)

Disease Cloud Cast: 223
Disease Cloud Resisted: 75 (34%)

Right around 1 in 3 spells resisting overall.

Would you say then that the blue con mobs are roughly 1 level beneath you then? Do you have similar results when trying on level 25-ish mobs?

DrukNecro
03-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Would you say then that the blue con mobs are roughly 1 level beneath you then? Do you have similar results when trying on level 25-ish mobs?

1-2 levels lower, yes. Does that mean that we're supposed to see 1 in 3 spells resisted when the mob is only 1 level below us? That still seems way too high.

Torven
03-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Resists do seem a little off. Ensnare is resisting quite a bit. Multiple resists in a row on dark blues. I've had my swarm dot resisted on tashed dark blues more than a few times. Before recently I've never seen a swarm dot resist ever unless the mob was 100% immune to magic. I think the problem is mostly on mid to higher end dark blues.

Oddly enough my enchanter friend is landing fears and getting long charms on the same stuff no problem.

guineapig
03-30-2011, 10:01 AM
1-2 levels lower, yes. Does that mean that we're supposed to see 1 in 3 spells resisted when the mob is only 1 level below us? That still seems way too high.

I certainly wouldn't say that but I'm not a developer who would make such decisions anyway. I was merely pointing out that saying "dark blue mob" can mean a lot of different things at different levels so I feel that it's important to be as accurate as we can be about this.

At level 52 I'm pretty sure that level 38 mobs are still dark blue to me... but they don't resist my spells at all.

So don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting to discredit anyone's experience with resist issues.

casdegere
03-30-2011, 10:35 AM
I have some to say about this as well involving Soothe, Enthrall, Disempower, Feckless Might, Languid Pace, Tepid Deeds, Sanity Warp, Chaos Flux, Root, Whirl.

I had a high quantity of Tashed(Tashani) resists with Dark blue (To level 24 and 25 Enchanter) Pickclaws. This along with the very poor Charm results, charming Green Grizzly Bears in Rathe Mountains.

It definitely appears that either Magic Resist is high or the spells themselves are checking lower to be resisted. I do not recall having such a tough time taking down a Dark Blue mob as an Enchanter on Live.

Armada
03-30-2011, 10:36 AM
This is just frustrating me to no end. I'm getting massive resists all across the board. I'm a necro, and even on blue cons it's a nightmare. On live it was never like this.

The biggest red flag is the necros fire line. This line was extremely reliable and very very rarely resisted, as it was -100 resist check. Now I don't even use it because im getting massive resists that its impossible to maintain mana (as a necro?).

On blue cons just today I got 6 resists in a row on dooming darkness (and countless times on others)..........I gave up trying to land it. Fire line I got 5 resists in a row very common, I give up. So as a first on any of the necros ive played since 99, I actually unmemmed fire line and the only dot im using at toll booth guards is vampiric curse. This is a major problem. I'm not even using dooming darkness anymore on these guys because its so resisted that it drains my mana bar........im using lvl 12 engulfing cause atleast the recasts dont cost me as much.

Casters as it stands are crippled. Miserable time as a caster now, guess I should have gone monk.

Wigglepoo
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
I do not complain about stuff easily or quickly. When I do, there's a reason. My two cents:

I'm a 24 druid fighting DB mobs in LoIO. Simple kiting--snare, dot, run, rinse repeat.

Roughly one in three mobs cause me to have to zone due to running out of mana. I pulled a DB sabertooth and counted the resists: 5 resists on dot, 4 resists on snare. Next mob was a DB skelly. 7 resists on dot. Seven. Including five in a row.

I understand that mobs resist. I understand that different DB mobs will have different levels of resists. But running OOM to DB mobs on a fairly consistent basis due entirely to massive resists isn't fun, nor is it classic.

Thank you for reading this.

mwatt
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
It's clear that gettting resists right is not an easy thing to do - two of the best coders they've got have already spent time on this.

It's also clear that the message of "resists are too high" is being heard - there are a lot of posters on this topic.

What is not so clear, to me anyway, is how I can best provide the information needed to fix the problem. An early bug fix post contained a suggested format by Uthgaard that we could use to report resist issues. It asked for very specific data, which is pretty much the way to go for bug fixing - a developer generally needs to be able to reproduce a problem before it can be fixed. Not everyone is being specific, but I guess there are probably enough specifics recorded now that Uthgaard and Kanras (or whomever ends up working on this) can make progress.

I waited a long time before posting in this thread because I wanted to get a good sense of the general problem, so that I could take a shot at suggesting patterns as an adjunct to the specific data being submitted. I have played a low 40s Necro, a mid 30s Shaman and a mid 30s Druid against multiple mobs to try and get a feel for any patterns that might exist.

Here are some of the basic patterns I've seen:

* Whites resist like yellows would be expected to

* Dark dark blues resist like whites might be expected to

* Lower dark blues, about 3/4 of the time, have close to an expected "dark blue" resist rate, though it is extremely rare to have an entire fight with no resists

When fighting a dark dark blue, or a "problematic" lower dark blue, resists are generally frequent, maybe about 1 in 3 as was stated elsewhere. However these behaviors are also seen:

* Root breaking early several times in a row (as an aside, root IS better than it was after the recent dev work)

* Chains of resisting the same spell - for example 4 resists of Druid or Shaman root in a row or 4 darkness resists in a row for a Necro

* Occasional uber-resisting mob - Once in a while you get a mob that looks just like his neighbors, but resists almost every spell you throw at it, no matter what spell... I have had mobs like this resist as many as 8 spells in a fight - these mobs you must generally zone or die from

Interestingly, though there are frustrations, I am still enjoying playing the Necro and the Shaman very much, even though these problems exist. Careful mob selection and using strategies that maximize pet damage are the key. The Druid however is another story. Unless I choose only low dark blue mobs or light blue mobs to fight (which isn't always clear), it is an excercise in frustration to play my Druid right now.

mwatt
03-30-2011, 03:06 PM
In the final analysis, there is one thing that both players and devs should remember. Classic Everquest had resists that occurred with some level of frequency. There were even "uber-resistant" mobs that cropped up now and then. The goal here should not be to eliminate resists or even the occasional mob that is untenable or nearly so. The goal, as always, is to reproduce the classic experience. It isn't that resists are bad - they are part of the success formula of EQ, i.e. game play should be challenging and provide a degree of danger in order to maximize the fun. The problem here is that resists are currently TOO challenging, which cuts into the fun.

Mardur
03-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Especially considering the druid swarm line should be essentially unresistable, similar to lifetaps.

parlay1
03-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I am hoping this becomes a high priority to get fixed, nothing worse then having Kunark open but not able to play my character to relive those great zones.

ironfist
03-30-2011, 09:42 PM
today alone 5 life drains in a row was resisted , on top of 2 snares and 2 dots . Also few other of my friends has had the same issues

Marrhault
03-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Level 51 Neco. Killing a mature wyvern. Resisted Dooming Darkness 5 times in a row. Has happened on devouring feaster and pretty much everying in zone. Seems like the resist issue is now more wide spread than it was before.

Uthgaard
03-30-2011, 11:02 PM
I'd like to see more details on where people are getting lifetap resists. Your level, the lifetap used, and the mob name&con color are sufficient. It seems like people are occasionally getting resists where the mob is inside the level limit.

Marrhault
03-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Uthgaard, you think this is an underlying link between the various resist issues? Or are spells resisting like they should across the board (aside from lifetaps)?

Wigglepoo
03-31-2011, 12:08 AM
I'd like to see more details on where people are getting lifetap resists. Your level, the lifetap used, and the mob name&con color are sufficient. It seems like people are occasionally getting resists where the mob is inside the level limit.

When/where: today in LoIO, between sarnak fort backdoor area and lake.
Me: 24 druid
Spells used: snare, creeping crud
Mobs: Sabertooth Grimalkin (dark blue), Charbone skeleton (dark blue)

There were plenty others but these are the only ones I took particular not of due to the ridiculosity of the issue.

I'll post more when I notice particularly nasty resists.

Mindforge
03-31-2011, 05:35 AM
Following format above.

When/Where: Lesser Faydark, Nybright sisters camp.
Me: 14 Enchanter
Spells used: Tashan, Root, Chaotic Feedback, Choke, Suffocating Sphere, Soothe
Mobs: Nybright sisters, level 11? to 13

Scenario:
Get to full mana (333m w/117 INT) Pull using Tashan if Soothe not resisted and didn't agro entire camp. (Fun times)
Root mob after first melee salvo, max range, Choke. Rinse and repeat.

One out of every 8 or 9 pulls would result in me zoning to MM due to Root/Choke being resisted repeatedly. Once in a while, I would burn my entire remaining mana pool trying to finish off one at 20% HP and have to zone due to resists. This is why I medded to full mana every. single. pull.

Invited some friends to join me since I can't kill more than two before respawns. One frequents the forums and told me to check out this thread because he could see me Tashing and getting fairly consistent resists with Chaotic Feedback. One in four casts actually land. If any other details are needed, please let me know.

weald
03-31-2011, 09:16 AM
This was against a dark blue rhino, on a druid. Shouldn't the swarm line have a -200 MR mod? Or was this added later? I am referring to the number of Creeping Crud resists. This sort of thing is common for me, not just a rare occurrence which I happened to post about.

http://i51.tinypic.com/of5zzo.jpg

Continued,

http://i56.tinypic.com/2m7i1jm.jpg

guineapig
03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
This was against a dark blue rhino, on a druid. Shouldn't the swarm line have a -200 MR mod? Or was this added later? I am referring to the number of Creeping Crud resists. This sort of thing is common for me, not just a rare occurrence which I happened to post about.

To my knowledge the MR mod was never below -100, in fact that's how it is currently on live.

Uthgaard
03-31-2011, 10:33 AM

Got enough examples of everything else. Looking for this specifically.

weald
03-31-2011, 10:36 AM
To my knowledge the MR mod was never below -100, in fact that's how it is currently on live.

Sorry, -100 then. Was it always this way (even in classic), or was that added at some point later on? I recall most people saying that their swarm line had always been very rarely resisted.

mwatt
03-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Sorry, -100 then. Was it always this way (even in classic), or was that added at some point later on? I recall most people saying that their swarm line had always been very rarely resisted.

Weald,

Just a bit before Kunark launch the resist modifiers on many spells were adjusted to classic levels as determined by searches of internet archives. Some Druid "insect" type spells were adjusted from the default EQEmu values of "-100" to something like "25", if I remember correctly. This caused a bunch of us to respond saying it was a mistake, but Uthgaard provided a link as proof. He is right, the classic values are not "-100" - they must have been changed at some later point. (heheh, maybe as a hack because they had a hard time tuning their magic system, who knows?)

In any event these adjustments (and the others alluded to), while correct for classic live and therefore correct for our server, are part of an overall magic system which of course includes code. The code for this server is a modified version of what people approximated classic EQ code to be like at some point post classic. So the resist adjustments are not necessarily in tune with the code base. This appears to be one of the factors in the "excessive resist" scenario. There may well be others - I am not a P99 dev, and I'm guessing at even this much.

Bottom line is that the resist adjustment for your Druid insect spells are correctly matching what was on Live during the classic era, though the live values since around 2003 or so (from what I can tell) are more lenient for the player.

mwatt
03-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Got enough examples of everything else. Looking for this specifically.

As a 39 through 44 Necro, the resist rate for taps on blue Hill Giants in Rathe Mtns and all blue OT mobs is very low. They are perhaps a bit more than what I've seen on live, where a lifetap resist is almost non-existent. I have not been pulling whites because of resist issues. Lifetap resist rates on white conning mobs may well be too high - I just haven't checked so far.

In summary, for this Necro, life tap resists were nearly normal for these blue mobs. I do believe there were one or two against HGs, but that is all I remember. Perhaps one in OT. This is not very good data, but it's the best I can do from memory. I am currently not playing the Necro very much so I have no fresh data.

twolo
03-31-2011, 02:18 PM
You talking about straight up lifetaps or lifetap over time? I am having zero issues with straight up lifetaps Im level 41 and can land lifetaps on all Ravishing Drolvogs around KC, not sure how high they go. I do get Vampiric Curse resists though. Especially on West FP guards 33-35 ish? and Paineel Palace Guards 35-37 ish?

I have noticed that once I got over lvl 40 my resists are not as bad as they were 35-40. Altho this might be because I have restricted myself to mobs that are at least 5 levels or more below me.

Uthgaard
03-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Either. Are the resists limited to duration based lifetaps?

Currently they should not resist under any circumstances, if the mob is within the level limit. So I'm trying to see if something from out in left field is affecting resist rates.

mwatt
03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Either. Are the resists limited to duration based lifetaps?

Currently they should not resist under any circumstances, if the mob is within the level limit. So I'm trying to see if something from out in left field is affecting resist rates.

In the post I made (just 3 posts back) about life taps, I was referring to immediate life taps, not the over time variety. I definitely got at least one resist against an HG and I think there were actually two instances of this occurring, not just one. This is over the course of fighting quite a few Giants however.

lyyfeleech
03-31-2011, 05:16 PM
I have been in BW and Skyfire since open and though I have had alot of resists not 1 on a instant tap or a lifetap over time. Just so you know how rare that must be Uthgaard.

weald
03-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Weald,

Just a bit before Kunark launch the resist modifiers on many spells were adjusted to classic levels as determined by searches of internet archives. Some Druid "insect" type spells were adjusted from the default EQEmu values of "-100" to something like "25", if I remember correctly. This caused a bunch of us to respond saying it was a mistake, but Uthgaard provided a link as proof. He is right, the classic values are not "-100" - they must have been changed at some later point. (heheh, maybe as a hack because they had a hard time tuning their magic system, who knows?)

In any event these adjustments (and the others alluded to), while correct for classic live and therefore correct for our server, are part of an overall magic system which of course includes code. The code for this server is a modified version of what people approximated classic EQ code to be like at some point post classic. So the resist adjustments are not necessarily in tune with the code base. This appears to be one of the factors in the "excessive resist" scenario. There may well be others - I am not a P99 dev, and I'm guessing at even this much.

Bottom line is that the resist adjustment for your Druid insect spells are correctly matching what was on Live during the classic era, though the live values since around 2003 or so (from what I can tell) are more lenient for the player.

Thanks mwatt, it seems excessive nonetheless, but as long as it's accurate then I have no qualm with the issue.

Splorf22
04-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Why aren't you guys just logging resist/partial resist/no resist for every spell cast? Then you could parse the log and determine exact resist rates for whatever combination of mobs, players, zones, levels, whatever. I think a big part of your problem here is that we players as humans aren't very good at separating bugs from just bad luck, but if you have a log you can be very precise.

I imagine 500 casters in game on averge X 1 spell every 30 seconds X 200 bytes / message X 24 hours of logging. Should be less than a 1TB log unless I dropped a zero somewhere, and take 30 minutes to implement (although it would require a server reset I guess).

dragolyche
04-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Same here. I have some resists with my necro since last patch.

Dot, root were most resisted and i can t cast anything on yellow/red raid mob. Lifetap is resisted too.

I think its not classic.

Uthgaard
04-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Resolved.