PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Custom Content: /role and class anonymity

Pringles
08-22-2018, 06:22 AM
Was perusing old articles and came across a suggestion from Brad himself.
https://i.imgur.com/DU4smPt.jpg

Seems in line with what you would want for classic content. Something in the spirit of the classic devs but outside the classic timeline.

loramin
08-22-2018, 12:06 PM
Was perusing old articles and came across a suggestion from Brad himself.
https://i.imgur.com/DU4smPt.jpg

Seems in line with what you would want for classic content. Something in the spirit of the classic devs but outside the classic timeline.

+1

I've always thought there should be three commands: /anon, /anonguild (works like the current roleplay, but with no name color change), and /role (changes your name to purple but doesn't make you anonymous unless you use one of the other two commands). With the current setup there effectively is no /roleplay flag, which discourages role-playing (and role-playing is already pretty heavily discouraged as is).

Rygar
08-22-2018, 12:17 PM
For the record he was referring to Firiona Vie roleplaying server, not every server.

Pringles
08-22-2018, 06:11 PM
For the record he was referring to Firiona Vie roleplaying server, not every server.

That's the only server he played on as an actual player. I'm sure he meant across all servers.

Doctor Jeff
08-23-2018, 12:23 PM
That's the only server he played on as an actual player. I'm sure he meant across all servers.

He states, very directly, in that post that he is talking about FV, a server that has forced RP tags.

Please move this to OP is fucking retarded.

loramin
08-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Please move this to OP is fucking retarded.

Dude, what is your problem? This is the bugs forum not RnF.

And look, everyone in this thread agrees the current /anon and /role commands are classic. The point OP made was that someday, if custom content comes, there's evidence that having /role not make you anonymous would be classic in theme. The fact that the head of development for classic EQ said as much (at least for the one server where it was the biggest problem) is absolutely evidence of that.

Now, is the bugs forum the appropriate place for ideas for custom content? Maybe (it is submitting classic evidence), maybe not (it's not applicable to Blue) ... but either way you can say as much without being an asshole to someone simply because they committed the "crime" of posting some research.