PDA

View Full Version : definitive answer to Druid charm and charisma?

Topgunben
08-15-2018, 02:06 AM
i am hoping someone much more nerdy than me can help me understand if Charisma does, or does not affect druid animal charm. there seems to be varying opinions on if it does or does not.

Foxplay
08-15-2018, 02:16 AM
Does not

Canelek
08-15-2018, 02:41 AM
Nope. Just level difference, MR and the ever-present EQ magic of everything failing at the same time, just when you feel like you may hold the edge in this battle. ;)

Troxx
08-15-2018, 03:03 AM
Charming gets easier the higher you get in levels. In the high 50s mobs as much as 12-15 levels below you are blue. In your teens and 20s you only have a few levels worth of advantage over them.

Jimjam
08-15-2018, 03:40 AM
Charisma will let you buy this spell for less plat.

Hope this helps.

zodium
08-15-2018, 05:19 AM
Does not

Sorn
08-18-2018, 07:50 PM
Does not, which is good because halflings wouldn't be able to charm a damn thing if it did.

Malik_Gynax
08-18-2018, 08:51 PM
Also, as a low level druid, you have no MR debuff, which makes a huge difference in resists/breaks.

How it feels leveling a druid with charm vs. an enchanter with charm is worlds apart due to tash, not due to charisma.

Tethler
08-20-2018, 07:25 AM
Also, as a low level druid, you have no MR debuff, which makes a huge difference in resists/breaks.

How it feels leveling a druid with charm vs. an enchanter with charm is worlds apart due to tash, not due to charisma.

I know tash will impact the resist rate obviously, but does it really effect early break chance? I'm curious how that mechanic works.. Is it like the game repeatedly does a break check on server ticks which is impacted by tash, or is the roll that determines the duration fixed at the time the spell lands?

Malik_Gynax
08-20-2018, 08:29 AM
It's not a random duration roll at the start.

It's a chance to break every tick based on level and magic resistance.

For enchanters, a chance to break on charisma is also added at this time. This check is not performed for druids.

Dreenk317
08-20-2018, 10:59 AM
Malik has it right. To put it very simply.
You charm a mob.
As a druid - the mob will roll a MR check every tick. If it wins, charm breaks.
As a chanter - mob will roll a MR and CHA check every tick. If it wins both, charm breaks.
That's why enchanter charms tend to last longer. Has to win both saving rolls in order to break. Where as druid just has to win one.

Slave35
08-20-2018, 11:12 AM
Malik has it right. To put it very simply.
You charm a mob.
As a druid - the mob will roll a MR check every tick. If it wins, charm breaks.
As a chanter - mob will roll a MR and CHA check every tick. If it wins both, charm breaks.
That's why enchanter charms tend to last longer. Has to win both saving rolls in order to break. Where as druid just has to win one.

I doubt it would be a simple double check like this because then enchanter charms would last on average 4x longer if it were the same percentage for both.

Tethler
08-21-2018, 12:22 AM
It's not a random duration roll at the start.

It's a chance to break every tick based on level and magic resistance.

For enchanters, a chance to break on charisma is also added at this time. This check is not performed for druids.

Great info there, thank you. :)

Topgunben
08-21-2018, 01:17 AM
I doubt it would be a simple double check like this because then enchanter charms would last on average 4x longer if it were the same percentage for both.

I was grouped with an enchanter while playing my druid. His charm seemed to never break while mine always was

Jimjam
08-21-2018, 02:49 AM
As well as debuffing their pet's MR enchanters will often load their pets with -MR gear to further lower the mobs resistance to charm.

This may be an explanation for you.

Tethler
08-21-2018, 05:50 AM
I was grouped with an enchanter while playing my druid. His charm seemed to never break while mine always was

Give the enchanter pet a glowing black sword for the lulz