Eight hour minimum.
The comedown is not bad.
Go shopping with mom.

radda
08-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Lol

Barkingturtle
08-14-2018, 10:59 AM
I've been micro-dosing with shrooms lately, taking .2 grams every third day. Results have been great: more energy and focus; less anxiety and muscle inflammation, soothing my sciatic nerve-pain. Nice synergy with my daily meditation and yoga practices. Highly recommend.

Ahldagor
08-14-2018, 02:55 PM
I've been micro-dosing with shrooms lately, taking .2 grams every third day. Results have been great: more energy and focus; less anxiety and muscle inflammation, soothing my sciatic nerve-pain. Nice synergy with my daily meditation and yoga practices. Highly recommend.

This.

Do you know of any research into this kind of practice?

Cecily
08-14-2018, 03:08 PM
I know there’s research on long term antidepressant effects from shrooms, but I don’t think that was micro dosing.

Baler
08-14-2018, 07:07 PM
joe rogan says you can see the future.
I'm sold/ ;)

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 12:10 AM
We cannot get out. The end comes.
Drums, drums in the deep.
They are coming.

Ahldagor
08-15-2018, 01:20 AM
Hope you're wearing mithril.

Barkingturtle
08-15-2018, 08:30 AM
What time of day do you like to take your dose?

I've been eating them at 8 or 9am. Do some yoga/meditation and then get to work. But I write fiction so it's not like I"m out operating heavy machinery or anything.

I know there’s research on long term antidepressant effects from shrooms, but I don’t think that was micro dosing.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/oct/13/magic-mushrooms-reboot-brain-in-depressed-people-study

This study references doses of 10 and 25 mg and the subjects reported having their brains "rebooted" and "defragged" which I find to be an accurate analogy. I'm a guy whose mental health has never been great and I find it just silences nagging anxieties. The increased energy is nice, too. I've pretty well quit caffeine already, because even on days when I'm not dosing I find I'm just not tired when I wake up.

Cecily
08-15-2018, 08:40 AM
Cool. I’m glad it helps you. I could definitely use some long term anti sadness. Just be careful doing it too much. Chronic use always seems to work out poorly with hallucinogens. And by poorly you understand I mean the user is completely fucked. And by completely fucked I mean it works out poorly.

Cecily
08-15-2018, 09:21 AM
I like the reboot analogy a lot too. If mental illness comes from getting stuck in the same patterns of thinking, rebooting gets you out of the endless loop which shouldn’t need to be done that often. Defragmentation, too, is only helpful every so often. Probably my favorite thing about this class of drugs is they don’t encourage habitual use. Get one experience and you’re good for awhile. Frequent recreational dosing is just straight up drug abuse.

Nexii
08-15-2018, 09:35 AM
For me it's usually longer (14++ hours) sleep sessions that feel like my reboot. Typically during/around migraines. It's hard to explain but a lot of the dreams feel like defragmentation in a sense. Like something is being put back together

Gilder
08-15-2018, 09:47 AM
For me it's usually longer (14++ hours) sleep sessions that feel like my reboot. Typically during/around migraines. It's hard to explain but a lot of the dreams feel like defragmentation in a sense. Like something is being put back together

Read "The Science of Sleep" by Wallace Mendelsohn and you'll feel totally justified in feeling this way.

zodium
08-15-2018, 10:13 AM
I've been eating them at 8 or 9am. Do some yoga/meditation and then get to work. But I write fiction so it's not like I"m out operating heavy machinery or anything.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/oct/13/magic-mushrooms-reboot-brain-in-depressed-people-study

This study references doses of 10 and 25 mg and the subjects reported having their brains "rebooted" and "defragged" which I find to be an accurate analogy. I'm a guy whose mental health has never been great and I find it just silences nagging anxieties. The increased energy is nice, too. I've pretty well quit caffeine already, because even on days when I'm not dosing I find I'm just not tired when I wake up.

Patients unresponsive to conventional treatments benefit when treated with natural psychoactive compound, but researchers warn against self medication.

Please do not self medicate pals, it's very bad for you. In the unlikely event your trained, professional MSc. or Ph.D./MD degree-having therapist does put you on a hallucinogen, that's fantastic and exciting. But! Studies showing hallucinogenic drugs having the potential to help patients resistant to traditional mental health interventions tend to emphasize that A) the benefits are potential, cf. established or proven B) exclusively relevant to patients who have actually undergone and shown substantive resistance to traditional interventions forms.

The study referenced does not, and these studies as a class do not, in any way, shape or form suggest that you, internet user with no formal diagnosis, are likely to derive medical or psychiatric benefit from "microdosing" LSD on a self-medicating regime. Very much the opposite. Please do not do this. It is in very bad for you. If you aren't yet experiencing the bad effects, the odds are you will, but not until it's too late, and by then you will be longing for your minor depression days of yore.

If you struggle with mental health, please only take psychoactive medications in consultation with your trained, professional, MSc or Ph.D./MD degree-having therapist. Or, of course, if or once you are a sound mental health-haver, for recreational fun, in a controlled and responsible setting. :o

So, again, to emphasize a key point of this article that many people seem to miss when reading them,

researchers warn against self medication.

Cecily
08-15-2018, 10:15 AM
Yeah, but anyways. Shrooms are pretty cool.

zodium
08-15-2018, 10:18 AM
https://i.imgur.com/HJsj3W4.gif

Cecily
08-15-2018, 10:23 AM
I think someone legitimately pursuing that as a treatment option knows themself better than you, random internet user. Shrinks, psychotherapy as an institution, and traditional psych medication won’t work for every or mostly anyone. It’s not a hard science and letting certain neurotransmitters run loose in your brain isn’t a whole lot different than what a quack with a degree would suggest.

Getting down to brass tacks, a medical approach to mental illness is a let’s try this and see if it works, that is to say experimental, with a slew of crippling side effects in the name of mental health. Doing shrooms intelligently isn’t any worse and has a possibility of semi permanent positive results. You of course have to be willing to risk irrecoverably fucking up your head, too. Pro tip: any researcher working on this is willing to risk the same.

Phenyo
08-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Please do not self medicate pals, it's very bad for you. In the unlikely event your trained, professional MSc. or Ph.D./MD degree-having therapist does put you on a hallucinogen, that's fantastic and exciting. But! Studies showing hallucinogenic drugs having the potential to help patients resistant to traditional mental health interventions tend to emphasize that A) the benefits are potential, cf. established or proven B) exclusively relevant to patients who have actually undergone and shown substantive resistance to traditional interventions forms.

The study referenced does not, and these studies as a class do not, in any way, shape or form suggest that you, internet user with no formal diagnosis, are likely to derive medical or psychiatric benefit from "microdosing" LSD on a self-medicating regime. Very much the opposite. Please do not do this. It is in very bad for you. If you aren't yet experiencing the bad effects, the odds are you will, but not until it's too late, and by then you will be longing for your minor depression days of yore.

If you struggle with mental health, please only take psychoactive medications in consultation with your trained, professional, MSc or Ph.D./MD degree-having therapist. Or, of course, if or once you are a sound mental health-haver, for recreational fun, in a controlled and responsible setting. :o

So, again, to emphasize a key point of this article that many people seem to miss when reading them,

researchers warn against self medication.

Good customer take these pills instead

zodium
08-15-2018, 11:05 AM
I think someone legitimately pursuing that as a treatment option knows themself better than you, random internet user. Shrinks, psychotherapy as an institution, and traditional psych medication won’t work for every or mostly anyone. It’s not a hard science and letting certain neurotransmitters run loose in your brain isn’t a whole lot different than what a quack with a degree would suggest.

Getting down to brass tacks, a medical approach to mental illness is a let’s try this and see if it works, that is to say experimental, with a slew of crippling side effects in the name of mental health. Doing shrooms intelligently isn’t any worse and has a possibility of semi permanent positive results. You of course have to be willing to risk irrecoverably fucking up your head, too. Pro tip: any researcher working on this is willing to risk the same.

It's me, I'm the smart and reasonable person intelligently self-medicating based on reading the paper saying mushrooms have potential benefit for extremely small, specific patient subgrouping while ignoring same paper's warning against self-medicating. Hello! :o

Cecily
08-15-2018, 11:14 AM
It's me, I'm the smart and reasonable person intelligently self-medicating based on reading the paper saying mushrooms have potential benefit for extremely small, specific patient subgrouping while ignoring same paper's warning against self-medicating. Hello! :o

Hi there. I’m just your friendly neighborhood big pharma corporate shill here to remind you that consumers like yourself are incapable of making informed choices about your own health care. Get a degree first and we’ll talk. Also, don’t forget to ask your doctor if Effexor is right for you!

zodium
08-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Get a degree first and we’ll talk.

This, but unironically. https://i.imgur.com/rtCpi4K.gif

Cecily
08-15-2018, 11:30 AM
Sorry to be the one to let you know any peasant can functionally understand specific areas of interest as well or better than a doctor.

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 11:32 AM
isn't most acid fake now

Cecily
08-15-2018, 11:33 AM
Could be! We’re a long time past 1960. I don’t do drugs people cook in their basement as a general rule.

Qtip
08-15-2018, 11:33 AM
my buddy did shrooms frequently

till his liver failed and now he cant even take a Tylenol without dialysys

Ya. My brother used cocaine til he pulled his hamstring. Now he cant walk without a cane.

Shrooms dont even effect your kidney. Your buddy probably ate pills for a couple years and destroyed his kidneys from the aspirin.

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Could be! We’re a long time past 1960. I don’t do drugs people cook in their basement as a general rule.

yeah but extrapolate

Cecily
08-15-2018, 11:37 AM
There’s quite a few variables with shrooms. Are they portobellos laced with something? Were they grown in sterile conditions? A lot of shit (lol) can happen.

Cecily
08-15-2018, 11:40 AM
yeah but extrapolate

Short answer: I don’t know.

Long answer: We’re way past the peak of LSD being a popular drug. We do heroin and percs these days. If it works at all, I doubt most would have much basis of comparison. I don’t do basement drugs so I for example wouldn’t know.

They forgot what things tasted like in the Matrix. I swear twinkies taste different now after they brought them back. It’s real acid for today’s reality if it works at all, but is it real acid I dunno.

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 11:42 AM
if you're not careful you could end up taking an amanita phalloid (https://wiki.project1999.com/Amanita_Phalloide) orally

Cecily
08-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Nothing like a death cap to end your day. Yeah straight up poisonous mushrooms... I’m willing to bet most people can’t identity safe to eat desiccated mushrooms. There’s a number of reasons taking these things is a bad idea. First and foremost would be that some research paper cautioned against it.

zodium
08-15-2018, 11:50 AM
Sorry to be the one to let you know any peasant can functionally understand specific areas of interest as well or better than a doctor.

https://i.imgur.com/rQ7AcjT.gif BREAKING NEWS (https://www.avaresearch.com/files/UnskilledAndUnawareOfIt.pdf) https://i.imgur.com/rQ7AcjT.gif

Cecily
08-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Not clicking.. Concisely summarize or shut up.

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 11:54 AM
what's the phrase, noones more dangerous than an idiot who thinks hes a genius?

zodium
08-15-2018, 11:55 AM

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." :o

Cecily
08-15-2018, 11:57 AM
Nm. I clicked. I’m not as smart as I’d like to be, but I am pretty smart and make decent arguments. I feel like you definitely have a congnitive bias against people you perceive to be low ability.

Source: Trans woman routinely responsible for educating doctors on hormones replacement therapy.

Cecily
08-15-2018, 12:00 PM

Think I’m an idiot? Be honest.

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Think I’m an idiot? Be honest.

people aren't smart. decisions are smart(or not).

Cecily
08-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Disagree. People have a level of processing power they don’t have much influence over. How they use it is irrelevant. Plenty of successful idiots.

zodium
08-15-2018, 12:08 PM
Paper originated very cools and interestings line of research on nature of expertise in modern society a good faith poster with smarts Cecily thinks of self might learns a lot from. Many times applied to doctors in particular. Should warn primary conclusions of research programme, uh, let us maybe call unkind to autodidacts, I supposes. May of unpleasant readings most to self proclaimed "smart" forum posters. :o

OK, stay safe, hydrated and not self-medicated, pals!

Cecily
08-15-2018, 12:10 PM
I’m sorry you have to convince yourself I’m dumb to win this argument.

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 12:11 PM
OK, stay safe, hydrated and not self-medicated, pals!

Cecily
08-15-2018, 12:13 PM
The stupid thing is we actually agree, mostly. I’m just not foolish enough to discount it entirely.

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 12:17 PM
yeah but it's more important to dissuade you from the idea than it is to not hurt your feelings

Cecily
08-15-2018, 12:22 PM
I’m suspicious your stance on recreational drugs may be clouding what’s important. It’s not a guaranted safe treatment, but it is pretty fun anyway. So I may be more inclined to recreationally pursue shrooms in the future and perhaps get a side effect of not being depressed for 6 months. I win in either case barring a bad trip. It’s pretty risky being depressed too.

Cecily
08-15-2018, 12:30 PM
But it’s pointless since I know CBD oil effectively kills my depression and anxiety. Which I know, I know I’m self medicating and I’m too fucking stupid to realize this treatment with no side effects is a horrible idea.

radda
08-15-2018, 12:41 PM
I love my drugs, sorry I’m not SXE

Ahldagor
08-15-2018, 01:02 PM
isn't most acid fake now

Yup. It's mostly research chemicals in various combinations that are about a decade beyond what the law can make illegal to possess.

skarlorn
08-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Pretty interesting thread with a lot of cool and normal points to address.

Anecdotally, I know several Psy D grad students who have done a lot of microdosing and rave about it. I didnt notice them be any smarter doing it though. They are also drug addicts who take amphetamine salts or MDMA on a daily/weekly basis respectively. Through them, I heard about the promising research and potential value of microdosing. I also came to realize that the people most inclined to micro-dose are the people most inclined to DOSE anything in general.

I am sure that there is therapeutic value in it. But I'm with Gatmanno. Its very dangeruos to be dosing yourself with psychedelics and entheogens on a daily basis. Ive taken my fair share of mushrooms, acid, you fukken name it kiddo, all in the pursuit of greater perception and Self-awareness. That stuff is dangerous. I'm really fortunate things didn't go worse for me. I realize micro-dosing is a different level, but also you really have no fucking idea what the neurological implications are going to be 10 years down the line, so be careful, and probably only do it VERY RARELY or under real expert supervision.

I have seen some quotes Cecily where she rages against Gatmanno's expert positioning. Yes, its the Age of Information. Yes you can educate yourself. No, your 1-10 hours of home cooked Googling will not result in a functional expertise comparable to students who invest tens of thousands of dollars and thousands of hours into the pursuit of extremely rare and novel information and a community to help them digest it into actionable knowledge.

Generally speaking, drugs are bad. Even cannabis has some serious downsides. Dont let legalization ruin your life, friends. I might take pscilocybin mushrooms again at some point in my life, but its with a lot of gravity. It's not something you should fuck around with. Use it like a surgical tool and hopefully you dont cut some important shit.

zodium
08-15-2018, 02:52 PM
♫ we don't need no education
we don't need no thought control
no dark sarcasm in the classroom
teachers leave them kids alone (https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Cannabinoid+hyperemesis+syndrome) ♫

Cecily
08-15-2018, 02:53 PM
There's plenty of educated idiots, too. We're specifically talking mental health here. Most patients aren't adequately informed by their doctors of the risks involved with their psych medications, particularly withdrawal symptoms should the patient choose to discontinue or run out. It's frighteningly common that doctors simply aren't aware of this information. A person with a doctorate has a good starting point, but they aren't by any means as well informed as you'd like to think.

zodium
08-15-2018, 03:04 PM
Strongly encourages Cecily delves deep into Dunning & Kruger line of research. Is fairly recent line froms 1999, so will only needs read few hundred to maybe thousand papers before understanding of most. Assumings decent understanding of linear algebra and regression statistics, in any ways. As autodidact wills find many uncomfortable fact undermining confidence in own ostensible troofs, while transperson find of also many agreeable fact, such as of overconfident doctor. Ams very intersectional, woke most, in ways. https://i.imgur.com/HJsj3W4.gif

zodium
08-15-2018, 03:05 PM
But still don't self-medicates please.

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Strongly encourages Cecily delves deep into Dunning & Kruger line of research. Is fairly recent line froms 1999, so will only needs read few hundred to maybe thousand papers before understanding of most. Assumings decent understanding of linear algebra and regression statistics, in any ways. As autodidact wills find many uncomfortable fact undermining confidence in own ostensible troofs, while transperson find of also many agreeable fact, such as of overconfident doctor. Ams very intersectional, woke most, in ways. https://i.imgur.com/HJsj3W4.gif

i've,,, also been to d&d

could you tell me about the cargo cult? i love that one

Cecily
08-15-2018, 03:16 PM

I need you to stop overestimating your ability at Englishes before we continues this conversation.
I'm familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect. Thank you.

zodium
08-15-2018, 03:21 PM
Hmm well, thought cargo cult theory was of pretty interestings originally, then 'author' got high as kite on own farts and fells into autodidact trap. Then stopsed paying attention to. Still sometimes informally use one term I forgets, compaction cycle?

skarlorn
08-15-2018, 04:02 PM
sniffing ur own fart is a dangerous trip

zodium
08-15-2018, 06:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HJsj3W4.gif

skarlorn
08-15-2018, 06:06 PM
zodium hey bud what are your thoughts on marijuana

zodium
08-15-2018, 07:57 PM
Would say marijuana is mostly fine if takens responsibly. Safe using requires longs term record keeping and gram weight accurate to two decimals minimum for dosing, plus somes basic understanding of metabolization and pharmacology. In shorts, okay to good givens responsible use, but bar of responsible use far higher than most thinks. Ams not like marshmallow, more likes smokeable sertraline.

Asides from triggers anxiety/panic attacks or psychotic break in predisposed people, and ams honestly not aware incidence rate for that, probably main real danger to otherwises healthy, irresponsible user comes from slow build-up and release of constituent compounds from lipids/fats, which can make metabolization and subsequent effects unclear to casual long-term user, and thus somewhats paradoxically cause anxiety/depression/nausea despite initial symptom reliefs for exact sames. Especially for self-medicating person! CHS interesting most, as am chronic nausea patient who suffered hyperemetic episodes myselfs--mays affect large minority of long-term users. Have heards as many of 10-20% from friends.

chadtwoke
08-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Stop adding S's on the end of every other word you fucking weirdo.

Cecily
08-15-2018, 08:04 PM
I'm one of the lucky ones who gets anxiety/panic attacks from pot. Smoking it at least. I think low dose oral route is fantastic though. I was making some low effort edibles the last time I had an eighth and just a pinch cooked in some fat would give me a nice, tolerable background buzz for hours. Also, I don't think I ever want to go back to smoking anything. Vaporizer maybe, but my poor lungs have had too much smoke.

~Fire crackers~
https://i.imgur.com/A8GnlpV.jpg

Ahldagor
08-15-2018, 10:36 PM
Is that Nutella?

Cecily
08-16-2018, 01:09 AM
Believe so. Never weighed it, but I was doing half or less of the recommended 0.5 - 1g per cracker, so I might have actually been microdosing. Which is supposed to have anti-anxiety/depression effects.

The important thing for edibles is heat + fat = activated THC. I ate a few grams once before I learned that. I was high for about an hour and unconscious for another 24. Massive waste which probably wouldn’t have gotten someone with a tolerance high. I’ve never been in a it’s cool to reak the house up situation, so I’ve never done the low temp baking decarboxylation step but that step is big for unlocking bio active THC.

Ahldagor
08-16-2018, 02:22 AM
Believe so. Never weighed it, but I was doing half or less of the recommended 0.5 - 1g per cracker, so I might have actually been microdosing. Which is supposed to have anti-anxiety/depression effects.

The important thing for edibles is heat + fat = activated THC. I ate a few grams once before I learned that. I was high for about an hour and unconscious for another 24. Massive waste which probably wouldn’t have gotten someone with a tolerance high. I’ve never been in a it’s cool to reak the house up situation, so I’ve never done the low temp baking decarboxylation step but that step is big for unlocking bio active THC.

I'm too drunk to comprehend that, but I drove from Houston to New Orleans on shrooms once, and it was one of the bezt times of my life on the Atchafalaya Bridge.

Phenyo
08-16-2018, 06:37 AM
Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome
'''''''Patients often demonstrate the learned behavior of frequent hot bathing, which produces temporary cessation of nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. '''''

Holy shit this is a parody right? First it was schizophrenia now you're at risk of taking hot baths! Glow in the dark spooks will try anything to keep big pharmas books looking healthy.

Drugs are bad though.

zodium
08-16-2018, 07:51 AM
Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome
'''''''Patients often demonstrate the learned behavior of frequent hot bathing, which produces temporary cessation of nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. '''''

Holy shit this is a parody right? First it was schizophrenia now you're at risk of taking hot baths! Glow in the dark spooks will try anything to keep big pharmas books looking healthy.

Drugs are bad though.

It both troof and cools most, my pal! Researchers beliebs have to do with some kinds of capsaicin receptor (TRPV1) shenanigan. Dynamics of ams totally beyond me though, would of only be saying nonsense if trieds explaining. :o

Of summations: drugs good, self-medicatings bad.

Stop adding S's on the end of every other word you fucking weirdo.

Nevers!

Or soons, when tired of. Who know.

radda
08-16-2018, 08:06 AM
like wow

Cecily
08-16-2018, 08:48 AM
I'm too drunk to comprehend that, but I drove from Houston to New Orleans on shrooms once, and it was one of the bezt times of my life on the Atchafalaya Bridge.

Points at cave painting

Fire weed. Smoke. Heat weed fat. Eat.

https://i.imgur.com/tVcXgix.jpg

ScaringChildren
08-16-2018, 09:28 AM
tosses back a pound of kratom and nods off while My Little Pony plays in the background

As my spirit glides up to the bright light, I'm interrupted by a beautiful angelic voice, "Wake up, it's time to Make America Great Again..."

It's President Trump.

He takes my hand and guides me back home.

I wake up suddenly, drenched in sweat with a pounding headache.

I pour all of my dankest kratom down the drain, I take a shower, clip my toenails, shave off my neckbeard.

I get one of those fashy haircuts and a brand new white polo shirt, buttoned all the way up.

Start juicing, lifting, and going to church. Plan to have more than 2 white children.

Thank you, Jesus Trump for delivering me from my vices.

It's time to MAGA

Ahldagor
08-16-2018, 09:36 AM
Points at cave painting

Fire weed. Smoke. Heat weed fat. Eat.

https://i.imgur.com/tVcXgix.jpg

Got it. Danke.

radda
08-16-2018, 04:34 PM
just to be clear, i dont practice a schedule, i just decided to take a much smaller amount along with the events that were to transpire that evening.

just this time i had laughs for days, shit was just so damn funny

radda
08-18-2018, 01:01 PM
acid / shrooms aren't funny I think what you were experiencing was brain damage

Lol, stfu

AkashicRecord
09-01-2018, 11:01 PM
I took mushrooms once.

They made the world beautiful.

But it always was.

I took too many mushrooms,
too many times.