PDA

View Full Version : Pantheon developer stream: 5/8/18

Swish2
08-06-2018, 05:34 AM
If anyone is following its development etc <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FXXE4IWu6k (73 mins)

(yes that's the 5th August)

LulzSect©
08-06-2018, 08:24 AM
https://i.imgur.com/15x7bYA.gif

Topgunben
08-06-2018, 01:58 PM
If anyone is following its development etc <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FXXE4IWu6k (73 mins)

(yes that's the 5th August)

im not really sure what to think about the races yet.
Halflings seem emo to me.
Gnomes??????? wth are they?
and then all the other new races added like the Skar and mermaid race.

Atleast they are being original about it. Hopefully their is a lot of class dependency in the game. Id be happy if it was an even more extreme range than what is found in Original EQ. For instance, it would be really cool if;

-enchanters and clerics are incapable of casting damage spells.

-only rangers can track

-only rogues can pick locks

-No health regen at all for any race. or 1hp per tick.

-non tank classes cant take a hit well. Monks shouldnt be able to take hits better than a plate wearing class.

-the warrior has to be a viable class again. taunt needs to work, they need more HPs, armor class needs to mean something.

------

All that said im excited for Pantheon. I see it having a lot of potential as long as the journey to max level is better than end game, and grouping is the only way to efficiently gain experience.

Patriam1066
08-06-2018, 02:37 PM
08/05/18

God bless

chadtwoke
08-06-2018, 03:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/0YgxiAA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/huCzrNv.jpg

AzzarTheGod
08-06-2018, 03:58 PM
The amount of buttons and combat abilities and the conditional combat button system (PRESS X IF Y HAPPENS, PRESS OTHER ABILITY Z) stuff is questionable. I mean that video has what 20 buttons on that knight character? ppl got sick of the WoW piano, and heres the WoW piano again shaping up from the looks of it.

also hearing after shutting alpha testing down for 4-5 months and re-opening it all they have added is 1 or 2 zones. some ppl really think this game is coming out.

Mblake1981
08-06-2018, 06:01 PM
The amount of buttons and combat abilities and the conditional combat button system (PRESS X IF Y HAPPENS, PRESS OTHER ABILITY Z) stuff is questionable. I mean that video has what 20 buttons on that knight character? ppl got sick of the WoW piano, and heres the WoW piano again shaping up from the looks of it.

I have talked to people on P99 that have wanted that but with an EQ flavor packet tossed in, and PVP zones. WoW with EQ face paint. This game will be right up their alley.

JurisDictum
08-06-2018, 06:07 PM

Honestly, most of that was shit players complaining about having to press more than 3 buttons over and over.

Knuckle
08-06-2018, 06:23 PM
I like most of the race textures except that ridiculous glowing race. Looks a bit more like what luclin graphics should of ended up looking like.

Mblake1981
08-06-2018, 06:27 PM
I like most of the race textures except that ridiculous glowing race. Looks a bit more like what luclin graphics should of ended up looking like.

agree to disagree (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCpiPKLRT-M)

chadtwoke
08-06-2018, 10:30 PM
Classic EQ can never be recreated in a profitable way. Every single review will say "grind fest" and it will turn into a commercial flop. This game will be free to play within 6 months of launch and that's because the creators will be resistant to F2P ptherwise it would be 3 months

No it will be F2P cause Brad will overdose and die.

Bisonzabi
08-07-2018, 03:32 PM
I wish the best for this game, I really do. But I won't hype it, it might have been 11 1/2 years ago when I was 17, but Vanguard was an eye opener to never hype videogames ever. That entire launch was a catastrophe, especially the open beta prior to launch. I'll wait until it comes out before I even consider this game. Brad has to work to regain his reputation.

Why do people think WoW invented having multiple combat abilities? It's like people think EQ1 was the only WRPG that existed prior to WoW???

And I'm glad the races are different and unique. That's awesome that we didn't get the generic layout of "50 elf races that that look the same but aren't" shtick.

AzzarTheGod
08-07-2018, 03:57 PM
No it will be F2P cause Brad will overdose and die.

Probably. hes shown 0 signs of taking accountability for his addiction im pretty sure hes a lifer.

its been 10 years and he still looks like hes on the gas.

Mblake1981
08-07-2018, 05:15 PM
I wish the best for this game, I really do. But I won't hype it, it might have been 11 1/2 years ago when I was 17, but Vanguard was an eye opener to never hype videogames ever. That entire launch was a catastrophe, especially the open beta prior to launch. I'll wait until it comes out before I even consider this game. Brad has to work to regain his reputation.

Why do people think WoW invented having multiple combat abilities? It's like people think EQ1 was the only WRPG that existed prior to WoW???

And I'm glad the races are different and unique. That's awesome that we didn't get the generic layout of "50 elf races that that look the same but aren't" shtick.

1. Agreed

2. Because EQ is my jam and WoW is my punching bag. They both made history in their own way. EQ proved the genre can be successful and WoW proved it can be taken to the next level. One was the start and the other the finish. The genre died with WoW.

The first MMORPG is believed to have shown up in 1996, Meridian 59. It wasn’t until 1997, with Ultima Online, that the genre started to become popular.

Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games evolved out of MUDs. These games host a large number of players logging into the same world to play out there game. These visual games are currently very big business. There have been a few attempts over time to create a successful MMORPG, but nothing was an extraordinary success until Everquest.

Everquest dominated the MMORPG world for five years. In late 2004 WoW hit the shelves. In Wow’s first 24 hours it sold over 240,000 copies, more than any game in history. As of March, the game has sold over 1,500,000 copies worldwide and has at any given time an average of 500,000 users are online.

3. Which successful Massively Multiplayer Western Online Role Playing games has 50 different flavors of elf?

Classic EQ can never be recreated in a profitable way. Every single review will say "grind fest" and it will turn into a commercial flop. This game will be free to play within 6 months of launch and that's because the creators will be resistant to F2P ptherwise it would be 3 months

With king of the hill WoW going free to play (minus new expansions) how will any new game that is similar going to survive? What angles will be taken in order to earn a profit from their hard work? $kins and uber weaponry?

A guy was complaining in /ooc in Gfay recently while I was there, about how EQ is such a boring grind and he prefers WoW. Of course several of us in the zone responded with "go back then". Guy admitted he couldn't because he can't afford a sub fee. Charity/Cyber Cafe "gamers" got their wish. Come one, come all.

LulzSect©
08-07-2018, 05:45 PM
They both made history in their own way. EQ proved the genre can be successful and WoW proved it can be taken to the next level. One was the start and the other the finish. The genre died with WoW.

Bisonzabi
08-07-2018, 07:45 PM
EQ proved the genre can be successful and WoW proved it can be taken to the next level. One was the start and the other the finish. The genre died with WoW.

But Ultima Online was already successful and even had 100k players by December 1998 prior to EQ1 launching 3 months later. The genre was already shown to be successful hence why several mmo's were in development at the sametime. Everquest only became the most well known because it beat Asheron's Call to the punch as the first truly 3D MMO. And no, it didn't "dominate" for 5 years. If we're talking about regional wise, then yes, but worldwide? No, Lineage and FFXI surpassed EQ1 prior to WoW coming out. The largest peak of subscribers EQ1 ever had was in 2003 with 500k subscribers and after SoL2 (GoD) came out people were prime and ready to head off to WoW. Still remember to this day /ooc PoK chat was flooded with "I'm headed off to WoW moment it comes out" by people just downright frustrated with how EQ1 was handled. You can't deny, there's a lot of things in EQ1 that aren't based on challenge but rather just padding things out to a ridiculous extent as a way to artificially extend the length of the game. Shadows of Luclin was the biggest culprit of this just making the more unlikable parts of RoK/SoV more noticeable.

3. Which successful Massively Multiplayer Western Online Role Playing games has 50 different flavors of elf?

I was being facetious not literal.

Mblake1981
08-07-2018, 08:57 PM

But Ultima Online was already successful and even had 100k players by December 1998 prior to EQ1 launching 3 months later. The genre was already shown to be successful hence why several mmo's were in development at the sametime. Everquest only became the most well known because it beat Asheron's Call to the punch as the first truly 3D MMO. And no, it didn't "dominate" for 5 years. If we're talking about regional wise, then yes, but worldwide? No, Lineage and FFXI surpassed EQ1 prior to WoW coming out. The largest peak of subscribers EQ1 ever had was in 2003 with 500k subscribers and after SoL2 (GoD) came out people were prime and ready to head off to WoW. Still remember to this day /ooc PoK chat was flooded with "I'm headed off to WoW moment it comes out" by people just downright frustrated with how EQ1 was handled. You can't deny, there's a lot of things in EQ1 that aren't based on challenge but rather just padding things out to a ridiculous extent as a way to artificially extend the length of the game. Shadows of Luclin was the biggest culprit of this just making the more unlikable parts of RoK/SoV more noticeable.

Correct me if I am wrong but did UO have multiple combat abilities the way AG was describing? I remember my roommates complained about Pk'r college kids with their superior at the time T1 connection, mouse click. This is what I originally responded to you about because you had a question with multiple "???" EQ and WoW was/are the two big MMOs in North America. This is why we compare them. I suspect your original question was concerning AG's and our comments but you didn't quote.. so who knows.

None of my friends or people I knew played Lineage or FF, I can't speak to that.

I basically detest anything EQ related post Velious and I am not the biggest fan of it or Kunark. Rushed expansions without the thought put into them the original game had imo. Not sure what you think I would try to deny.

Most people were ready for a new game, I was one of them. I was there opening day for DAoC and Shadowbane. But you had games like Star Wars Galaxies out as well. However, I don't hear comparisons about any recent or upcoming MMOs with those games. I do with WoW and recently EQ with Pantheon.

I was being facetious not literal.

I know..

https://i.imgur.com/44rd9CQ.png?1

bloodmuffin
08-07-2018, 10:08 PM
I hate the graphics. I like the quirky and unique look of original EQ models.

Reminds me too much of the terrible bryce 3d engine of EQ2 and Vanguard.

Bisonzabi
08-08-2018, 08:16 AM
I basically detest anything EQ related post Velious and I am not the biggest fan of it or Kunark. Rushed expansions without the thought put into them the original game had imo. Not sure what you think I would try to deny.

Most people were ready for a new game, I was one of them. I was there opening day for DAoC and Shadowbane. But you had games like Star Wars Galaxies out as well. However, I don't hear comparisons about any recent or upcoming MMOs with those games. I do with WoW and recently EQ with Pantheon.

Shadow Of Luclin was a wonderful idea and had a good chunk of nice content, except when it didn't. It felt half-baked and rushed. Zones like the inner core of the moon and the caverns looked great, but most of the outdoor zones were just unfinished and didn't have any lore or factions tied to the mobs. Everything from dungeon design to mob placement to the names of the mobs just felt lifeless. I know some never liked the concept of going to the moon because it felt too "alien" but keep in mind the idea of outer terrestrial life in EQ was around since day 1 since Qeynos has a flying saucer parked in the city as an alter of worship for an alien that ascended to godhood.

EQ's original launch was a complete blind push. They didn't know what they wanted the game to truly be, hence why pre-Planes had very little if any raid content and even then the gear compared to planar stuff was night and day. The content in the original game was skewed, you can't deny that the western half of Antonica had less thought put into it then the Eastern side of it with particular dungeons offering nothing while others like Guk offering everything. Kunark is my favorite expansion and really did improve the game a lot, I prefer it hands down compared to Velious. Velious was way too linear in terms of traversing the continent. Having to go through 3 dungeons just to go to every single overland zone? Retarded. Why wasn't there a zone connecting Great Divide to Western Wastes?

And the reason you don't see many comparisons is because the MMO genre is dying. It's been dead. Nobody wants to take a gamble at it. There are more fertile grounds and genres that have sprung up that are more interesting especially to multiplayer RPGs. With the exception of ESO, very few other companies want to compete in an overly saturated and declining genre.

I hate the graphics. I like the quirky and unique look of original EQ models.

Reminds me too much of the terrible bryce 3d engine of EQ2 and Vanguard.

Vanguard used the Unreal 2.5 engine but I'm not sure what engine that the models including character models were created in. Character models in that were atrocious though, i believe they weren't even completed entirely until beta came around but it just looked odd and stiff. EQ1's models were overall ok at launch, not the best out there especially when you compare it to other 3d games at the time, but was better than what they originally had planned for the game and were still acceptable enough for 3d models in 1999. Pantheon's models are...yeah they look like shit. For character models too look this stubby and inflexible is just unacceptable in 2018.

Ennewi
08-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Positive or negative, commenting on how a pre-alpha game looks in its current form is like critiquing how awkward someone looks at their adolescent stage. Acne and braces are what most people will notice first, but that's to be expected. Similarly, a lot of games that look the most promising and attractive early on, and rise in popularity prematurely, end up being dull and one-dimensional over time and never live up to their supposed potential (EQNext). That a significant majority of players here have long been skeptical of PRotF indicates, to me at least, that it won't end up being all the negatives that some are already predicting it will be.

The question is whether any game in development will have enough personality to hold players' attention beyond the initial oos and ahs that flashy graphics inspire, especially a game that plans on being subscriptions only. Based on interviews given by the dev team, adding layers to an already challenging personality is what they seem more concerned with at this time which is reassuring.

But MMORPGs are like marriages, requiring a lot patience before turning into anything serious as well as long-term investments from devs and players in order for it have a chance at working. And it only takes one or two failed ones for people become jaded and swear them off altogether. Whereas most of the other game genres are the equivalent of one night stands, on again off again relationships, etc. And even when there are less memorable aspects to them, they're still seen as a success due to lower expectations and level of involvement. Log on, play a 20 minute session of hack and slash, then get back to real life.

Back when they still existed outside of the occasional train station / university bowling alley, arcades were the epitome of that. Cheap, quick, and full of variety, making them the brothels in this analogy. That genre died in its old form but in the past five or so years there has been a resurgence of quality arcade-type games on Steam. I don't see why a similar resurgence can't happen for MMORPGs. Eventually people tire of the same thing and they demand the opposite. Happens with music, film, politics, and even food. What was once slave food, the nasty throwaway parts, is now considered high end cuisine. Audiences got bored with typical picture-perfect actors on screen and now there are lopsided boobs on Orange Is The New Black and curiously disproportionate faces on the big screen.

Games can't the exception. And if it was just a matter of nostalgia, devs wouldn't be obsessively toiling away at those games, this one, or PRotF.

Mblake81
08-08-2018, 12:32 PM
And the reason you don't see many comparisons is because the MMO genre is dying. It's been dead. Nobody wants to take a gamble at it. There are more fertile grounds and genres that have sprung up that are more interesting especially to multiplayer RPGs. With the exception of ESO, very few other companies want to compete in an overly saturated and declining genre.

sage.

Vanguard used the Unreal 2.5 engine but I'm not sure what engine that the models including character models were created in. Character models in that were atrocious though, i believe they weren't even completed entirely until beta came around but it just looked odd and stiff. EQ1's models were overall ok at launch, not the best out there especially when you compare it to other 3d games at the time, but was better than what they originally had planned for the game and were still acceptable enough for 3d models in 1999. Pantheon's models are...yeah they look like shit. For character models too look this stubby and inflexible is just unacceptable in 2018.

Eq blew me away back then. The N64 was still in retail stores.

Mblake1981
08-08-2018, 03:06 PM
SirMuttonChops bringing the voice of reason, one of my all time favorite P99 Everquesters.

Patriam1066
08-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Does pantheon only have 2 zones? They’ve made very little progress stream to stream

Bisonzabi
08-08-2018, 06:48 PM
sage.
Eq blew me away back then. The N64 was still in retail stores.

By all means, explain to me why I'm wrong on the MMO genre dying. The entire industry is aware of this.
I was already playing Quake 2 and Unreal. Unreal came out almost an entire year prior to EQ1 and Quake 2 came out in 1997. And in terms of visuals there was nothing that could compete with Unreal's outdoor environments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26I-Pw-yPJ4

Mblake1981
08-08-2018, 07:02 PM
One was the start and the other the finish. The genre died with WoW.

By all means, explain to me why I'm wrong on the MMO genre dying.

sage.

I was already playing Quake 2 and Unreal. Unreal came out almost an entire year prior to EQ1 and Quake 2 came out in 1997. And in terms of visuals there was nothing that could compete with Unreal's outdoor environments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26I-Pw-yPJ4

Agreed, but that wasn't an MMO. MMO graphics never look all that great because they consider people using potato computers. FPS games often pushed the limits, "but can it play Crysis?" .. or at least FPS games did before some vocal consumers made their opinion heard. Now we have multiplatform, if my $2k PC can play it so can the $300 or whatever Xbox.

Mblake1981
08-08-2018, 07:17 PM
"I have a potato laptop I purchased from a pawn shop. It has a l33t pentium and on board graphics. I want and should be able to run Crysis at max setting and I am VERY upset that I am not allowed to. It is all your fault, fix this NOW.

.. you bonehead PC devs don't get it, this is why consoles are winning!"

Swish2
08-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Does pantheon only have 2 zones? They’ve made very little progress stream to stream

It could be that the changes are more subtle and in the mechanics etc. Those grey buildings haven't been finished in terms of art etc yet, would be interested to see their final form.

As for people not liking the art style, I like it. They're daring to be a bit different with the races and their appearance - if it was just cut and paste humans and elves I think a lot would be complaining of no creativity. Would sooner play a Pantheon gnome at least than an EQ one :p

Mblake1981
08-08-2018, 08:46 PM
As for people not liking the art style, I like it. They're daring to be a bit different with the races and their appearance - if it was just cut and paste humans and elves I think a lot would be complaining of no creativity. Would sooner play a Pantheon gnome at least than an EQ one :p

Just because you show up to school wearing weird clothes to be daring and different doesn't make you cool. And yes, complaints of no creativity are common but I think these people are the same ones that consider Transporter 2 to be a good movie.

"But guise, it was awesome when he jumped his car from the 5th floor parking garage, flipped it in mid air, and knocked the bomb off the bottom by bouncing off a wrecking ball. Shit was legit daring and different!"

"Bring back Moon Cats!"

Swish2
08-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Sorry that you disagree to the point where my opinion can be bent to say what you just typed under the quote.

People want something fresh, but shoot down anything different. Right?

Mblake1981
08-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Sorry that you disagree to the point where my opinion can be bent to say what you just typed under the quote.

People want something fresh, but shoot down anything different. Right?

yep

SamwiseRed
08-08-2018, 09:27 PM
wtf even pay to win korean mmos look better than this. clunky combat looks fucking terrible.
yikes

(disclaimer: this is not a personal attack to anyone who likes this game)

Mblake81
08-08-2018, 10:23 PM
the line of scrimmage

Swish2
08-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Thiss does not look good at all looks like vanguard

another 20 years of eq1 for me I guess

You're not even going to consider it?

Patriam1066
08-09-2018, 08:34 PM
I would play pantheon if it has a subscription pay wall, even though I agree it doesn’t look great. I’d give it a shot for a month or two

However, they are not making much progress at all. I don’t think it’s getting released, or by the time they’re done well all be in SkyNet

SamwiseRed
08-09-2018, 10:15 PM
eq next had some cool shit. too bad it got canned.

Swish2
08-10-2018, 12:05 AM
eq next had some cool shit. too bad it got canned.

It really did - there was a pvp video release that looked so shit though you could tell they'd cut the budget right down...and it looked nothing like that original trailer of the giant elemental/thing vs the kerran running from it.

Instead the dev streams were more like "look what this guy built on Landmark yowl" :/

I'm sure Daybreak was right to kick it aside and go all in on H1Z1 and the lootbox train :o

Bisonzabi
08-10-2018, 12:30 AM
Agreed, but that wasn't an MMO. MMO graphics never look all that great because they consider people using potato computers. FPS games often pushed the limits, "but can it play Crysis?" .. or at least FPS games did before some vocal consumers made their opinion heard. Now we have multiplatform, if my $2k PC can play it so can the $300 or whatever Xbox.

You can't put Crysis and Unreal in the same analogy. Sure, Unreal required a nice gaming rig at the time for high settings, but Crysis was a game that was notoriously unoptimized. Even to this day hardware will hiccup on it just because of the way it was designed. Last sentence has to do with the fact that publishers are creating games for consoles rather than PC's, so the intention of it being built around PC hardware is moot. I'd say this trend really kicked off in full throttle by 2008.

Just because you show up to school wearing weird clothes to be daring and different doesn't make you cool. And yes, complaints of no creativity are common but I think these people are the same ones that consider Transporter 2 to be a good movie.

"Bring back Moon Cats!"

Yeah generalize everything artistically into one group because there's only two extremes. You either look like Ned Flanders or you look like Bozo the Clown. Too bad EQ1 has no artistic merit outside of a bunch of stock D&D bargain bin concepts. And nothing wrong with moon cats, i mean we already had flying saucer parked in one of the major cities with the grey alien being worshiped as a God so that type of shit was in since the very start.

I'm sure Daybreak was right to kick it aside and go all in on H1Z1 and the lootbox train :o

The Everquest Next trailer didn't even break a million views before the game was cancelled and DBG pulled it off of youtube. Hell after two or so years it only hit 700k if I recall. That should be a glaring sign of just how relevant the EQ franchise is overall. Meanwhile games like H1Z1 garnered in hundreds of thousands of players. Well not anymore, Fornite and PUBG both redefined the survival sandbox genre and now the concurrent userbase for these games is in the 1-7k mark. SoE/DBG once again missed the mark and has no solid direction of where to take their games. They created h1z1 to profit off of the success DayZ but now they're actually contending with two very competent games and the only major money maker they had is now crumbling before them.
h1z1
https://steamcharts.com/app/433850
Just Survive
https://steamcharts.com/app/295110

Mblake81
08-10-2018, 12:21 PM
You can't put Crysis and Unreal in the same analogy. Sure, Unreal required a nice gaming rig at the time for high settings, but Crysis was a game that was notoriously unoptimized. Even to this day hardware will hiccup on it just because of the way it was designed. Last sentence has to do with the fact that publishers are creating games for consoles rather than PC's, so the intention of it being built around PC hardware is moot. I'd say this trend really kicked off in full throttle by 2008.

I wasn't the guy bringing up FPS games in comparison to an MMO.

Yeah generalize everything artistically into one group because there's only two extremes. You either look like Ned Flanders or you look like Bozo the Clown. Too bad EQ1 has no artistic merit outside of a bunch of stock D&D bargain bin concepts. And nothing wrong with moon cats, i mean we already had flying saucer parked in one of the major cities with the grey alien being worshiped as a God so that type of shit was in since the very start.

Mblake1981
08-10-2018, 03:47 PM
it will cost $59.99 to consider it plus a monthly sub, if it looks bad before release how good can It be?

That early EQ footage. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP2rKs1d1HQ) Had a good bit of the game shown at that point.

I think this has something to do with early access culture and seeing things before they have been worked out. The old saying is still true that you only get one first impression.

SirMuttonChops point stands that things might change. Patriam's post is what prompted me to link the pre-alpha eq footage. 3 years to market.

beta
08-10-2018, 08:41 PM
yes cause p99 char models are so good...

People tent to just shoot down everything now adays... game is not even in alpha yet

Mblake1981
08-10-2018, 08:49 PM

Yes

Bisonzabi
08-11-2018, 03:40 AM

People tent to just shoot down everything now adays... game is not even in alpha yet

Yeah I remember when people said the samething for Vanguard Saga Of Heroes in 06 "I-it's only in beta, that's why the models for Vanguard look so stubby and rigid!!!" and they kept saying that all the way up to the fucking open beta in January of 2007 with some saying "yeah don't worry they'll iron this out soon enough, the game is just one month out of launch!"

I have a feeling that we're going to be in Deja Vu all over again when it comes to over the top excuses for this game.

Again, I wish Brad Mcquaid luck in his endeavors and his attempt at redemption after Vanguard's disaster over a decade and I get that the game's basically being funded by nothing but a hardcore niche from kickstarter rather than any legitimate publisher, but it's obvious from the severe lack of budget that this game is going to take forever to make it out the door and that they don't have enough professional help for things like animation. Who knows, maybe things will change, but I'll believe when I see it, and history has shown to me that reality is a lot more blunt and never what you *want* it to be.

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2018, 03:16 PM
vanguard had gorgeous music and graphics, I loved the tradeskills but pve needed work.

I am still hoping daybreak re releases vanguard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiQOkD6nHrs

Why would they?

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Because people would pay to play it and its a complete ready to go game that would cost almost nothing. That's why they bought all SOE's stuff

( That and because they had a firesale due to smedys big mouth and constant lizard squad attacks )

They made millions already

Ive heard even if it were brought back and you had 1k people on it like blue 99, the tools are no longer there to maintain the server or operate it.

I guess the backend was really messy and only the original employees could deal with running the game. I think for that reason it will never happen.

Best you can hope is it goes open source, or a DB leaks to the emu project and allows them to create a fully functional emu.

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2018, 05:14 PM
what you just said makes 0 sense, no one person is needed for anything in this entire world.

tell it to the VG devs kid. they post on MMORPG and said its not happening because the tools are missing/lost/gone but if someone wanted to invest a ton of time into resurrecting those tools they could do it. but the dev said no way Daybreak would.

without going open source the money isnt there.

Patriam1066
08-11-2018, 05:18 PM
I liked vanguard

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2018, 07:07 PM
The ones that are unemployed and disgruntled and trolling children on the internet?

No such thing as magic tools that are game specific, sorry if you believe everything you read online lol?

also a dev is not in charge of anything at daybreak, he works for them and does what he is told

if they tell him to start working on the daybreak project he will fill his cup of coffee and go sit down and make it happen or he can go get a new job

lol

the vg tools are archaic no other devs from any other house could even work on the game its not worth the time investment. the scripting is something from 1995 and the DB tools are archaic making the labor cost too high.

this was known in 2007

you're late

Patriam1066
08-12-2018, 03:31 PM
I’ve never tried heroin

Praying for white people

Swish2
08-12-2018, 06:30 PM
I just want to post on the Pantheon forums, they're sealed pretty tight tho :/

d3r14k
08-12-2018, 07:54 PM

New forums to shit up with memes?

Aww yiss

AzzarTheGod
08-12-2018, 11:19 PM

Y'all wanna see your boy ATG on the pantheon forums?

Lmk

d3r14k
08-13-2018, 07:01 PM
We don't even want to see you on these forums.

Yet here you are.

Patriam1066
08-13-2018, 07:56 PM
These forums are way more hostile than usual as of late

What’s the deal dudes

AzzarTheGod
08-13-2018, 09:09 PM
I'm untouchable. A handful of nerds don't dictate policy

Oleris
08-14-2018, 12:53 PM
I watched the recent carnage stream and it's amazing how much farther along this game is compared to camelot unchained. Pantheon looks amazing, but I wonder how much content they will try to cram at release versus releasing additional content over time.

heyokah
08-15-2018, 11:08 PM
I watched the recent carnage stream and it's amazing how much farther along this game is compared to camelot unchained. Pantheon looks amazing, but I wonder how much content they will try to cram at release versus releasing additional content over time.
Yeah I mean it seems to be coming along nicely. I get a vanguard vibe from it, and that's a good thing. I haven't supported it monetarily, but the beta pledge seems reasonable. I don't really like to play unfinished versions of games I might enjoy tho. It ruins my immersion when it goes live.

Bisonzabi
08-20-2018, 07:00 PM
lol

the vg tools are archaic no other devs from any other house could even work on the game its not worth the time investment. the scripting is something from 1995 and the DB tools are archaic making the labor cost too high.

this was known in 2007

you're late

Vanguard used a version Unreal 2.5 and didn't even bother to utilize the UnrealScript tool which is one of the reasons why the game was such an unoptimized piece of shit that ran so horribly. Still a bad taste in my mouth but damn I remember the posts from ex-employees and the entire collapse of Sigil. I don't think we'll ever see Vanguard come back in any form. A shame really how all of that went down, but also the very reason why I'm very cautious to ever hype anything that Brad Mcquaid comes up. Proof is in the pudding with how this game turns out in the final product.

AzzarTheGod
08-20-2018, 07:05 PM
Vanguard used a version Unreal 2.5 and didn't even bother to utilize the UnrealScript tool which is one of the reasons why the game was such an unoptimized piece of shit that ran so horribly. Still a bad taste in my mouth but damn I remember the posts from ex-employees and the entire collapse of Sigil. I don't think we'll ever see Vanguard come back in any form. A shame really how all of that went down, but also the very reason why I'm very cautious to ever hype anything that Brad Mcquaid comes up. Proof is in the pudding with how this game turns out in the final product.

yep its a real head-scratcher. i was there during that time and was the first person to break the story on the brad drug theft that happened in the Sigil offices on another forum.

Bisonzabi
08-20-2018, 07:10 PM
Daybreak probably made 1000% return on their SOE purchase price and good for them, they put tons of life into amazing old games.

Yeah that's why they just laid off 70 or so people in the past few months and are ending the expansions for Everquest 1 along with their numbers dropping drastically for games like h1z1 (their bread and butter) and Planetside 2 slowly dwindling.
https://tagn.wordpress.com/2018/05/01/rumors-of-future-daybreak-projects-and-the-end-of-everquest/

I don't think the SoE lineup was worth much in the first place if some random investment company from Russia bought it rather than actual credible Videogame publishers. How much did they purchase it for? And what returns have they made? Again, they laid off 70 people and they continually laid off people since the company became DBG in 2015.

AzzarTheGod
08-20-2018, 07:14 PM
Yeah that's why they just laid off 70 or so people in the past few months and are ending the expansions for Everquest 1 along with their numbers dropping drastically for games like h1z1 (their bread and butter) and Planetside 2 slowly dwindling.
https://tagn.wordpress.com/2018/05/01/rumors-of-future-daybreak-projects-and-the-end-of-everquest/

I don't think the SoE lineup was worth much in the first place if some random investment company from Russia bought it rather than actual credible Videogame publishers. How much did they purchase it for? And what returns have they made? Again, they laid off 70 people and they continually laid off people since the company became DBG in 2015.

DBG is part of a virtual currency money laundering scheme for a Russian oligarch. Its been reported to the State Dept and me and a few other fellows were trying to make sure that Daybreak's parent company and all assets were frozen as the law states they should be frozen.

No link offhand as its a bit in the past now. If I come across the thread later I'll post it.

Phenyo
08-20-2018, 07:27 PM

Incredibly asleep post. It's a money laundering front that also makes profit from whales. If they are winding down it's only because they are trying to transition to a different cover

Bisonzabi
08-20-2018, 08:48 PM
I'm well aware of the conspiracies revolving around DBG and it's parent company.

gredoo
09-01-2018, 07:57 AM
yep its a real head-scratcher. i was there during that time and was the first person to break the story on the brad drug theft that happened in the Sigil offices on another forum.

What happened?

Pringles
09-01-2018, 08:46 AM
What happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1G0d5IDvjM

followed by
https://web.archive.org/web/20070719231405/http://f13.net/index.php?itemid=561

Bisonzabi
09-03-2018, 04:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1G0d5IDvjM

followed by
https://web.archive.org/web/20070719231405/http://f13.net/index.php?itemid=561

Man on man that interview. Talk about a blast from the past. I remember that. Also good video by the way, I usually see a lot of game documentaries and surprised this one went under my radar.