PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Grubbz
08-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Anyone plan on playing? if so add me on bnet Malicre#11304

Please don't shit up the thread, i don't really care if you think retail wow sucks.

LulzSect©
08-05-2018, 12:42 PM
retail wow sucks.

katrik
08-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Fuck no. Fuck no. Fuck no. Times a million.

skarlorn
08-05-2018, 01:59 PM
Only if I become extremely depressed

Patriam1066
08-05-2018, 02:22 PM
“Please don’t fuck up the thread.” Br3h where you posting??? Famous last words

katrik
08-05-2018, 02:44 PM
OP you should know better lol.

mickmoranis
08-05-2018, 03:18 PM
I pray for a veil of protection for your people

Jauna
08-05-2018, 03:41 PM
MoP was the last best xpac.

LulzSect©
08-05-2018, 04:45 PM
you mean vanilla wow

AzzarTheGod
08-05-2018, 06:03 PM
MoP was the last best xpac.

Legion was peak design

BFA is undoing the Legion talents and item progression that was built into the specs of Legion.

So BFA is regressive more than any other expac, not because of ilevel but because of the fact they have to re-do the entire class design because Legion was designed with core talents and items related to core talents.

BFA seems like a cash grab. I'm not seeing much hype for it and not nearly 1/10th of the hype Legion had which was legendary. Literally everyone came back for Legion if they had time.

I think BFA might flop.

katrik
08-05-2018, 07:37 PM
WotLK was the last good xpac IMO.

Mead
08-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Post AQ was meh for me. Everything before was fun fun.

WoW today is shit. Sorry op.

Bisonzabi
08-10-2018, 01:01 AM
I might try the vanilla server once it goes live. Or maybe it has, I dunno and I'm too lazy and drowsy to look it up atm. I missed the boat of playing endgame WoW in 2005-07. Was 16 at the time, I bought it, got to level 40 and then went back to EQ2 (lol), but if I know enough to play it with I might give a whirl.

Evia
08-10-2018, 05:18 AM
WotLK was the last good xpac IMO.

I agree. Cataclysm sucked, mop was actually pretty decent. I’d say mop was the last decent expac. I haven’t played since wod. Retail wow is garbage I prefer warmane Lich king locked server personally.

AzzarTheGod
08-10-2018, 03:35 PM
I agree. Cataclysm sucked, mop was actually pretty decent. I’d say mop was the last decent expac. I haven’t played since wod. Retail wow is garbage I prefer warmane Lich king locked server personally.

nah it was Legion second

WOTLK is number 1 though

Grubbz
08-10-2018, 11:33 PM
nah it was Legion second

WOTLK is number 1 though

Rumor is blizzards sub numbers got up to 10mil during legion but its not confirmed.

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Rumor is blizzards sub numbers got up to 10mil during legion but its not confirmed.

I believe it. Most nerds here have no clue what they are talking about.

Grubbz
08-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Launch is tomorrow, add me if yall plan on playing.

Swish2
08-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Isn't it a thing these days where you have Soandso (*) being displayed?

...and the (*) means they aren't from your server, and actually most people have that next to their name? Talk about fractured communities and the illusion of playing on a populated individual server. I think that's one of the broken things about Warcraft.

I'll watch a bit on Twitch maybe, see how people are enjoying it. After watching EQ live after 15+ more expansions the UI looked fucked beyond belief with the amount of extra buttons and bars people had.

Ahldagor
08-12-2018, 09:07 PM
I'm glad that my prot warrior doesn't have 8.5million hp anymore. Tho', I'm sad that Undercity is no more.

Grubbz
08-12-2018, 10:43 PM
I always say I am done with WoW but I have bought every expansion sans MoP and WoD. I am in a gaming slump atm and with this launching tomorrow there is probably a fairly good chance I pick it up

That's the thing, there isn't really anything else to play which is why people are still playing wow.

AzzarTheGod
08-12-2018, 11:17 PM
I always say I am done with WoW but I have bought every expansion sans MoP and WoD. I am in a gaming slump atm and with this launching tomorrow there is probably a fairly good chance I pick it up

Everyone who didn't play Legion is playing BFA because it's a fresh design to them

@swish that's ** irrelevant because it's integrated instancing which means the player may as well be on your server-- because they are...

Nexii
08-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Legion was the first WoW expansion I didn't buy. Don't think I'll bother with BFA either. Expensive at 63 CAD and they continue with the asocial design. Autoqueue everything and CRZ...ugh

AzzarTheGod
08-13-2018, 02:08 AM
Legion was the first WoW expansion I didn't buy. Don't think I'll bother with BFA either. Expensive at 63 CAD and they continue with the asocial design. Autoqueue everything and CRZ...ugh

Legion is the superior design between BFA and Legion.

So you could justifiably skip BFA even if you didn't play Legion on the basis that you missed the peak design.

Legion is largely considered the ultimate peak design and unfortunately had to be completely scrapped to make way for BFA. Gutting basically every aspect of the game.

BFA is more of a morbid curiosity expac. "Let's see how Blizzard fixes and rebuilds the game from the removal of core class design and itemization from Legion"

Legion did 10 million subs, so they definitely are going to put money into this BFA effort. However, some remain skeptical that Blizzard can undertake such a big project in 2018.

Phenyo
08-13-2018, 06:50 AM
BFA is gonna be hot garbage and the worst expac since cata hope this helps

Ruhtar
08-13-2018, 07:09 AM
Legion is the superior design between BFA and Legion.

So you could justifiably skip BFA even if you didn't play Legion on the basis that you missed the peak design.

Legion is largely considered the ultimate peak design and unfortunately had to be completely scrapped to make way for BFA. Gutting basically every aspect of the game.

BFA is more of a morbid curiosity expac. "Let's see how Blizzard fixes and rebuilds the game from the removal of core class design and itemization from Legion"

Legion did 10 million subs, so they definitely are going to put money into this BFA effort. However, some remain skeptical that Blizzard can undertake such a big project in 2018.

Peak design? lol. Also, 10 million subs ain't that impressive when previous xpacs were higher.

Vanilla through WotLK was "peak design." People just liked Legion because Cata - WoD was dog shit. You know the game has gone to hell when Kung-fu Pandas are considered a good xpac.

I'd like BfA to be decent, but every time I go back to try out classes, shit is more and more watered down and all it takes is one raid finder to make me unsub. Also, Blizzard should've merged servers over the cross realm crap, since it killed any form of community and/or server recognition.

Oh well, vaporware like Pantheon and Star Citizen should be out in 5-10 years.

AzzarTheGod
08-13-2018, 07:31 AM
Peak design? lol. Also, 10 million subs ain't that impressive when previous xpacs were higher.

Vanilla through WotLK was "peak design." People just liked Legion because Cata - WoD was dog shit. You know the game has gone to hell when Kung-fu Pandas are considered a good xpac.

I'd like BfA to be decent, but every time I go back to try out classes, shit is more and more watered down and all it takes is one raid finder to make me unsub. Also, Blizzard should've merged servers over the cross realm crap, since it killed any form of community and/or server recognition.

Oh well, vaporware like Pantheon and Star Citizen should be out in 5-10 years.

lost all credibility when u said 10m subs aint shit stopped reading right there. this bitter poster is stuck in 2003-2005

prior subs for wow was 1.5m

AzzarTheGod
08-13-2018, 07:32 AM
BFA is gonna be hot garbage and the worst expac since cata hope this helps

Entirely possible. Its a massive undertaking.

They are basically trying to redesign the entire game on the fly, coming from the peak design of Legion.

A lot of people think they have bit off more than they can chew by choosing to redesign the entire game in such a short timeframe.

Ruhtar
08-13-2018, 07:43 AM
lost all credibility when u said 10m subs aint shit stopped reading right there. this bitter poster is stuck in 2003-2005

prior subs for wow was 1.5m

Not referring to the actual last xpac. Everyone knows WoD was hot garbage dump.

TBC, WotLK and even Cata had more than 10 million subs. Rubbing your nips to "high" sub counts that aren't even publicly displayed anymore is kind of funny. By the way, those 3 xpacs weren't between 2003-2005. And actually, neither was WoW, so not entirely sure why I'm even responding.

If you want to play WoW, more power to ya, bud. Just saying, nothing special is happening with this game. They're just trying to keep it afloat.

AzzarTheGod
08-13-2018, 03:24 PM
If you want to play WoW, more power to ya, bud. Just saying, nothing special is happening with this game. They're just trying to keep it afloat.

Legion says otherwise.

Oleris
08-14-2018, 01:19 PM
I got off work at 5 pm pacific yesterday, tried logging into a wait of 4,500 people ahead of me then my server was down until I went to sleep. I'm very glad that I don't play any game hardcore. I would have been very upset 6-7 years ago.

Ahldagor
08-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Been enjoying it so far. Zandalar is a troll-lore haven.

branamil
08-14-2018, 03:08 PM
The treadmill in wow is too obvious. Collect 100,000 nether points per day, 5,000 corruption tokens per day, and 15 recruit supplies per day. Also the plot lines are stale as fuck. Every single bad thing boils down to old gods vs Titans.

AzzarTheGod
08-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Been enjoying it so far. Zandalar is a troll-lore haven.

Very high quality so far

tsuchang
08-15-2018, 01:15 AM
I just looked at an email about the launch. The mind sucking tediousness of the game and the cartoon characters gave me that feeling of a mind vomit.

I was thinking of making a gnome ice mage, but, nope, never wana go there again.

AzzarTheGod
08-15-2018, 01:28 AM
I just looked at an email about the launch. The mind sucking tediousness of the game and the cartoon characters gave me that feeling of a mind vomit.

I was thinking of making a gnome ice mage, but, nope, never wana go there again.

if youve done the content in previous expacs, BFA is not the time to join.

If you havent played in a while, BFA will be passable although not as great as Legion.

skarlorn
08-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Azzaro is pretty on point.

I played legion for a couple months last year. Now I've subbed to check out BFA with some homies while it's fresh.

Blizzard is asserting that Mexican people are Trolls. The art is nice in Mexico City even if the mesoamerican influence is a bit over the tusk, so to speak. They really put work into telling a story which is a far departure from the vanilla we all fell in love with. The cinematics are nice and cool, but my favorite part about the story is the fact that myself, and all my horde homies, agree that sylvanas did nothing wrong when she nukes Undercity. SCORCH THE EARTH.

MEANWHILE, saurfang is a weeb chuck traitor who deserves to die in the stockade, which is now a serious prison and not just a level 14 gnoll dungeon.

I hear at end game the dailies are all in alliance questing zones, basically forcing us into wpvp situations.

Look, it's a wow expac. Have fun with some friends and then quit. I plan to get fifty hrs out of it. If 50 for 50 hrs of entertainment seems expensive to you, it'd time to quit video games and get your shit together. Or just keep play g p99 you sad shit.

I'll have my fun teabagging with my undead disc priest named Porkflower

Wonkie
08-15-2018, 01:48 PM
Porkflower is a great name !

goodluck on BFA I wont be playing, the thought of leveling from 60 to whatever to catch up just to try it sounds awful.

dont they give you a free previous level cap token when you buy new expac?

skarlorn
08-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Yeah if u buy it u get an auto bump to 110 on toon of ur choice.

skarlorn
08-15-2018, 03:38 PM
It's where u begin quests to get 120 which is new max level. 120/2=60

BFA = 3 letter s

2*3=6

Bfa is 8th xpac. 8+2=10

6*10=60

Oleris
08-15-2018, 09:14 PM
is 110 max level or is that when I "Begin doing quests"

Beginning of the expansion content.

skarlorn
08-29-2018, 04:19 PM
i'm level 120 with 340 ilevel disc priest. the mythic dungeons have been really fun. it's the first time i've truly enjoyed pve content in WoW since running Zul'Farrak in vanilla. excited for raids to open enxt week :)

AzzarTheGod
08-29-2018, 04:44 PM
i'm level 120 with 340 ilevel disc priest. the mythic dungeons have been really fun. it's the first time i've truly enjoyed pve content in WoW since running Zul'Farrak in vanilla. excited for raids to open enxt week :)

nice bud ive been super casual 325 paladin ret but not having too much fun with the class.

very hard to get into a mythic as a plate dps unless you're already 340, has had me hop back to leveling my mage this week.

Schaduwridder
08-29-2018, 06:31 PM
I saw a video of some guy riding a brontosaurus mount in some city , looked so bad I am so glad I haven't played since TBC ( Which also sucked )

Vanilla wow only good wow

skarlorn
08-29-2018, 06:43 PM
nice bud ive been super casual 325 paladin ret but not having too much fun with the class.

very hard to get into a mythic as a plate dps unless you're already 340, has had me hop back to leveling my mage this week.

Yeah the dps struggle is real. I roll with some homies so we have healer tank and at least one dps usually. Pm me if u wanna get into a mythic sumtime.

Paladins don't seem mega cool this expac tho, mage is better for sure