PDA

View Full Version : New Wiki Feature: Track Your Solo Artist Challenge Achievements

loramin
07-30-2018, 01:44 PM
Ever since I moved the Solo Artist Challenge to the wiki I've been wanting to add a way to track your personal solo artist achievements, and today I finally did it.

To track your own solo artist accomplishments, just go to the solo artist challenge page in the wiki, http://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge. Then, find a section with a mob you've defeated, and edit it. Next to each mob's HTML there will be a "span" tag with a style of "display:none"; add your wiki name (not your character's name, but whatever it says in the upper-right corner) into that span tag. If there are other names already there, just add a comma.

For instance, I've soloed a Drovalg Warlord. If you have too you can edit the page, find this section:

<span style="font-size:21px">☐</span>
[[ A Drolvarg warlord ]][53 Warrior, Karnors]
<span id="A-Drolvarg-warlord" style="display: none">Loramin</span>

and then add your name to it, with a comma:

<span style="font-size:21px">☐</span>
[[ A Drolvarg warlord ]][53 Warrior, Karnors]
<span id="A-Drolvarg-warlord" style="display: none">Loramin, YourNameHere</span>

Once you do this you should see an X next to that mob's name whenever you visit the page.

https://i.imgur.com/EJFdyOR.png

Enjoy.

P.S. Since this is new there might be bugs; if anything doesn't work just post it here.

khanable
07-30-2018, 01:48 PM
nice

tho dracholiche isn't really feasible since revamp, might apply to a few more things on the list too

loramin
07-30-2018, 01:50 PM
nice

tho dracholiche isn't really feasible since revamp, might apply to a few more things on the list too

Ah yeah, revamping the challenge for the Velious era is a whole separate project. We had a thread going for it awhile back, but it sort of fell off the map, so if anyone else wants to make tweaks to the list, feel free to do so (it's just a wiki page now, and as long as you copy existing entries to make new ones everything should work fine).

zodium
07-30-2018, 02:15 PM
These would be more exciting if they weren't so specific to shamans, enchanters, Puppet String owners and people like Kelzaraz tbh. Like, the challenge isn't in killing them so much as leveling/gearing those classes and/or buying Strings/corpsing Soulfires. :3

Qtip
07-30-2018, 02:23 PM
These would be more exciting if they weren't so specific to shamans, enchanters, Puppet String owners and people like Kelzaraz tbh. Like, the challenge isn't in killing them so much as leveling/gearing those classes and/or buying Strings/corpsing Soulfires. :3

I agree. Everyone should get a trophy for showing up.

loramin
07-30-2018, 02:29 PM

In my opinion there should be two "tiers" of the solo artist challenge: with or without charged/disposable items. Soloing something without sting wort potions, soulfires, puppet strings, etc. is almost a completely different challenge.

zodium
07-30-2018, 02:45 PM
In my opinion there should be two "tiers" of the solo artist challenge: with or without charged/disposable items. Soloing something without sting wort potions, soulfires, puppet strings, etc. is almost a completely different challenge.

I mean, okay, sure, I guess, but .. the challenge then is just "level and gear enchanter/shaman/insert viable class". Lodizal is a "solo god mode" (lol) mob I've soloed quite a number of times on Gatmanno, and by orders of magnitude, the hardest thing about that kill besides owning the clickies or being a viable class is getting the FTE. Bing bong. That's all there is to it.

There's no art, challenge or achieving involved here. Maybe it's just time to let this fade away, yanno. :o

skarlorn
07-30-2018, 04:06 PM
I agree with Gatmanno. When I prepped to fight Llandris I had about 60k of clickable healing in my inventory plus the ability to give myself a large array of buffs. Realizing how much you can abuse these items really took away a lot of the impressive nature of the "solo artist challenge" idea.

Maybe it would be cool to do a 1 group on raid mobs challenge idk

loramin
07-30-2018, 04:12 PM
There's no art, challenge or achieving involved here. Maybe it's just time to let this fade away, yanno. :o

/shrug

Since it got created years ago the Solo Artist Challenge has always been a personal goal thing; if it's not fun for you then that's fine, it's just not for you.

However I think you're throwing the baby out with the bath water when you say there's no "art, challenge, or achieving involved", especially if you limit yourself to "no charges".

Just speaking for me personally there are tons of mobs on that list that I have no idea how to solo, and if I tried to right now I'd just die. But I'm sure if I took the time to learn how each mob works and how to solo it properly, and then practiced enough times on them, I could learn to solo them and add another checkmark to my personal list.

To me that's the definition of "art, challenge or achieving".

loramin
07-30-2018, 04:15 PM
I agree with Gatmanno. When I prepped to fight Llandris I had about 60k of clickable healing in my inventory plus the ability to give myself a large array of buffs. Realizing how much you can abuse these items really took away a lot of the impressive nature of the "solo artist challenge" idea.

I do think there's some element of ... something ... challenge I guess(?) to acquiring a whole bunch of clickies and then using them in a way that let's you kill something you normally couldn't. So if someone has fun doing the challenge that way, more power to them.

But personally I 100% agree, and I plan to do the challenge with a self-imposed "no charged items" restriction.

Maybe it would be cool to do a 1 group on raid mobs challenge idk

This could definitely be a fun challenge. Sort of the next tier up from Duo God Mode. I started a section for it in the wiki and added Vindi.

zodium
07-30-2018, 04:18 PM
I want to try a min# Derakor the Vindicator kill using full raid buffs and all clickies.

1 Warrior
1 Bard
4 Cleric

Doing some rough math if the clerics can keep a 4 second chain going for 15 minutes so it really comes down to how many clerics need to be added vs adding dps/heals/ramp tank.

This sounds like way more fun and challenge than any kind of "solo challenge" EverQuest can afford. Turns out social games don't make for good solo-player games!

Baler
07-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Thank you @Loramin for wiki'ing this.

I have legitmately completed up to and half of solo god mode. no bullshit.
I'll prob quit after I've finish the solo godmode list.

Solo Grandmaster was a joke.
god Mode is not easy, and often I had people help to split these mobs out.

Clerics took a few attempts due to CH and pushing with just me and my pet.

skarlorn
07-30-2018, 04:51 PM
This sounds like way more fun and challenge than any kind of "solo challenge" EverQuest can afford. Turns out social games don't make for good solo-player games!

Awesome @Naethyn @loramin

I hope that the Artist Challenge finds a new breath of life

definitely not Draconite
07-30-2018, 06:58 PM
Need Faydedar, Talendor, Severilous, Gorenaire added to God Tier duo.

Triiz
07-30-2018, 08:17 PM
I mean, okay, sure, I guess, but .. the challenge then is just "level and gear enchanter/shaman/insert viable class". Lodizal is a "solo god mode" (lol) mob I've soloed quite a number of times on Gatmanno, and by orders of magnitude, the hardest thing about that kill besides owning the clickies or being a viable class is getting the FTE. Bing bong. That's all there is to it.

^Summary of the P99 raid scene. I honestly don't know how raids wipe on P99 when there's 50-150 people and everyone has 6 instant CH's and tens of thousands of HP's worth of wort pots.

Privately doing the SAC up to Solo Grandmaster without using any clickes, or if I did use a clickie I went back and did it again, was the most fun I've ever had playing Everquest. The original, which didn't have Lodizal, did differentiate between with clickies and without clickies. Some people like staring at walls for 16 hours at a time for a 2 min fight where they spam mallets and Reapers, Soulfires, and Wort pots, some like killing merbs solo. Different strokes.

loramin
07-31-2018, 11:17 AM
Need Faydedar, Talendor, Severilous, Gorenaire added to God Tier duo.

Added.

Baler
07-31-2018, 03:16 PM
I don't think Faydedar can be solo'd. even the fake version. sooner or later. even with "max" MR you'll get feared and die.

If someone wants to fill me in on how it's possible please do.

Duo-able. maybe.

enjchanter
07-31-2018, 09:55 PM

This hurts my feelings my because Solo artist kills are basically the only reason I'm playing this game still

aaezil
08-01-2018, 12:13 AM
I don't think Faydedar can be solo'd. even the fake version. sooner or later. even with "max" MR you'll get feared and die.

Duo-able. maybe.

Triggered fay is the same exact merb

definitely not Draconite
08-01-2018, 12:37 AM

Duo-able. maybe.

Who said it could be soloed?

Sev has been killed by a group of 3 it can probably be done with a duo.

Ligma
08-01-2018, 07:01 AM
I feel like fay could be solo'd by a BIS monk/warrior. Just gotta make sure you're full health when fear hits and shouldn't be that hard.