PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Sk

Goosefabba
03-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Ok besides the obvious xp penalty,i was also informed that iksars cant wear plate. what would be the point of playing a SK if you cant wear plate.

Mardur
03-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Because you like Iksars and you like Shadow Knights and you want to play an Iksar Shadow Knight?

Massive Marc
03-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Ok besides the obvious xp penalty,i was also informed that iksars cant wear plate. what would be the point of playing a SK if you cant wear plate.

Basically, they have a innate AC bonus, and some zones get updated with IKS specific loot that is on par with plate ( or better? can't remember)

Mardur
03-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Iksar are essentially only excluded from Kunark-era plate items.

Hoggen
03-25-2011, 06:12 PM
To clarify, when SOV is opened, they will be able to wear the best armor available. In Kunark, they will not, but AC compensates some.

JayDee
03-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Skeet skeet skeet on iksar sk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHRx1TFqoec

but srsly, they rock shit. Anything other than Ogre or Iksar is dumb imo

Tyoldra
03-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Does the lack of plate gear hurt the sk and warrior iksar?

Jigga
03-25-2011, 11:05 PM
The planar iksar version rocks

blood ember breastplate
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: CHEST
Charges: Unlimited
AC: 40
STR: +12 DEX: +8 STA: +8 AGI: +8
Effect: Major Shielding (Must Equip, Casting Time: 10.0) at Level 45
WT: 10.0 Size: LARGE
Class: SHD
Race: HUM ERU DEF TRL OGR GNM FRG DRK
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)

----------------------
Greenmist breastplate
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: CHEST
AC: 30
STR: +15 STA: +10 INT: +10
SV MAGIC: +5
WT: 6.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: SHD
Race: IKS
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)

stat wise they are very similar and one is 1000 times easier to get

dredge
03-26-2011, 01:01 AM

Potus
03-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Iksar own.

whitebandit
03-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Iksar own.

dredge
03-30-2011, 11:54 PM

Hoggen
03-31-2011, 12:48 AM
Perhaps the fact that once you hit 60, it doesn't matter for crap how long you took to get there? Also, if you play intelligently, you will die less often with IKS over most races as an SK, as they have regen, and better intelligence than a troll. Play the class you think you'll like, but IKS is definitely a great race for any class they can play.

dredge
03-31-2011, 01:29 AM

Sharkeye
03-31-2011, 04:11 AM
A tank that can heal when fighting and FD

Hoggen
03-31-2011, 06:55 AM
I agree with you, but what I'm wondering is when I reach raid level 70% faster as a Iksar warrior vs Iksar Shadow Knight is there going to be a lot of really important abilities, like invis, etc.., sweet gear/weapons that I can't do/get that Sk's can?

Like what makes SK's so much more fun then warriors? what exactly do they typically do? What role can they play besides tank?

I would imagine a SK could go do some quests or go camp a piece of gear solo, where a warrior can't really do anything solo right?

I have never played a tank so to me I'm seeing SK's use spells to gather hate and Warriors use taunt/ procs. Is that the jist of it or do SK's buff, heal, or anything else besides fd?

Who plays the role of puller more typically, or do they both?

When I used to play a rogue I didn't really like when people would make me be puller, I wasn't good at it.

The role of tanks in classic is very limited. IF you want to be the MT for raids, then you will be a war, but there is little room for multiple warriors on raids. DPS and healing are far more essential. SK is soloable (albeit painfully compared to real solo classes): war is not (except in really limited capacity). This server is not exactly like live, so I can't tell you the exact benefits yet of SK vs. War in groups, but FD has to count for something, and wars can only snare with items.

Felizcat
03-31-2011, 07:40 AM
I think I'm going to roll a warrior over an shadow knight due to the fact I'm not a fan of pets and the exp penality.

Pets? Is anybody past level 25 or so using their pet for dps? I understand there are some options to use the pet to pull, but that seems to be all.

gnomishfirework
03-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Pets? Is anybody past level 25 or so using their pet for dps? I understand there are some options to use the pet to pull, but that seems to be all.

I try to use my pet anytime it won't be a burden (only 31). Does considerable damage at first, slows as you level. First 3-5 levels it's pretty decent. My pet right now pwns.

If you are pulling, I wouldn't advise it. You miss one "back" and it's charging and aggroing everything.

When you get closer to a spell level they become less useful, but when solo I've found them to be a considerable aid to my damage.