PDA

View Full Version : ~~~Is Diet Snapple Vegan?

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 01:24 AM
The big question here is if the phenylalanine in diet Snapple is synthesized from animal products or from plant based materials. I couldn't find anything online and was hoping for some help finding this answer thanks.

P.S. I just drank a whole diet Snapple.

Swish2
07-22-2018, 03:35 AM
I'd call the consumer care helpline on the bottle, if that's still a thing.

Mead
07-22-2018, 04:24 AM
http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/tracy/whatis.html

hope this helps

loramin
07-22-2018, 12:12 PM
The big question here is if the phenylalanine in diet Snapple is synthesized from animal products or from plant based materials. I couldn't find anything online and was hoping for some help finding this answer thanks.

P.S. I just drank a whole diet Snapple.

Not directly applicable, but when I was a vegan Hostess Cupcakes used to be mostly vegan, except that they said animal and/or vegetable shortening in the ingredients. I would always rationalize that my cupcakes were the ones with just vegetable shortening, so it was ok for me to eat them.

I wasn't a very good vegan.

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 01:01 PM
http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/tracy/whatis.html

hope this helps

yeah that website is about Phenylketonurics which are like diabetics and can't eat Phenylalanine due to their condition. But that doesn't answer the question because I want to know whether or not this synthetic chemical specitic to Diet Snapple comes from the teet of a cow or is being processed some other way.

I need to know if I drank a vegan drink pls help thx

LulzSect©
07-22-2018, 03:14 PM
here's your pity reply

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 03:36 PM
here's your pity reply

something something LulzSect(c) is on your ignore list click somewhere to see content

Mead
07-22-2018, 03:42 PM
yeah that website is about Phenylketonurics which are like diabetics and can't eat Phenylalanine due to their condition. But that doesn't answer the question because I want to know whether or not this synthetic chemical specitic to Diet Snapple comes from the teet of a cow or is being processed some other way.

I need to know if I drank a vegan drink pls help thx

Did you actually read it?

Mead
07-22-2018, 04:21 PM
Additionally, phenylalanine is found in aspartame, the sweetener found in most diet soft drinks and sugar-free candies/gum - hence the need for the warning on the labels of these products.

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-3/Aspartame.html

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 04:45 PM
Did you actually read it?

Ja I read it

Phenylalaline is a component of asperatame which is created through FERMENTATION AND SYNTHESIS. which means that they take phenylalaline and shmack it together with aspartic acid and methanol to make asperatame. kinda like when you put a hamburger patty on a bun then add ketchup then heat it to 420C and get a hamburger.

But IS PHENYLALALINE VEGAN is my question. They need to derive it from somewhere. I found a wiki entry on it and it says that it is found in mammal milk but also in other natural sources so please lets focus on whats important.

Mead
07-22-2018, 04:52 PM
Ja I read it

Phenylalaline is a component of asperatame which is created through FERMENTATION AND SYNTHESIS. which means that they take phenylalaline and shmack it together with aspartic acid and methanol to make asperatame. kinda like when you put a hamburger patty on a bun then add ketchup then heat it to 420C and get a hamburger.

But IS PHENYLALALINE VEGAN is my question. They need to derive it from somewhere. I found a wiki entry on it and it says that it is found in mammal milk but also in other natural sources so please lets focus on whats important.

I'm not going to do all the work for you

The answer is there

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 04:58 PM
From wikipedia

L-Phenylalanine is produced for medical, feed, and nutritional applications, such as aspartame, in large quantities by utilizing the bacterium Escherichia coli, which naturally produces aromatic amino acids like phenylalanine. The quantity of L-phenylalanine produced commercially has been increased by genetically engineering E. coli, such as by altering the regulatory promoters or amplifying the number of genes controlling enzymes responsible for the synthesis of the amino acid.

Phenylalanine is produced from E. coli case closed I'm Vegan.

clevergirl
07-22-2018, 05:01 PM
Anything that harms the earth, aka you used a white man to get it from a factory is not vegan or friendly towards Gia. She thinks you are a dumb dumb and she's gonna choke the shit out of you with methane, Co2, acid rain, flesh eating backteria, zika virus, and basically hordes of plagues and locusts.

So no, it's not vegan.

Don't forget the estrogen turning all the frogs gay and cancer. And your going to die a sterile virgin. With ED.

Because of snapple.

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 05:07 PM
I'm not going to do all the work for you

The answer is there

Since I don't know you I gave the article a re-read thinking perhaps I could have missed something.

I didn't. Veganism has nothing to do with PKU.

So either you are willfully ignorant or trolling - in either case it was probably a good use of your time.

Phenyo
07-22-2018, 05:07 PM
MANGO MADNESS

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 05:08 PM
Anything that harms the earth, aka you used a white man to get it from a factory is not vegan or friendly towards Gia. She thinks you are a dumb dumb and she's gonna choke the shit out of you with methane, Co2, acid rain, flesh eating backteria, zika virus, and basically hordes of plagues and locusts.

So no, it's not vegan.

Don't forget the estrogen turning all the frogs gay and cancer. And your going to die a sterile virgin. With ED.

Because of snapple.

That's not veganism that's just Buddist new-age hippy bullshit. BIG difference.

Mead
07-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Since I don't know you I gave the article a re-read thinking perhaps I could have missed something.

I didn't. Veganism has nothing to do with PKU.

So either you are willfully ignorant or trolling - in either case it was probably a good use of your time.

I don't generally troll outside of rnf.

Fermentation
Direct fermentation produces the starting amino acids needed for the manufacture of aspartame. In this process, specific types of bacteria which have the ability to produce certain amino acids are raised in large quantities. Over the course of about three days, the amino acids are harvested and the bacteria are destroyed.

1 To start the fermentation process, a sample from a pure culture of bacteria is put into a test tube containing the nutrients necessary for its growth. After this initial inoculation the bacteria begin to multiply. When their population is large enough, they are transferred to a seed tank. The bacterial Aspartame strains used to make L-aspartic acid and L-phenylalanine are B. flavum and C. glutamicum respectively

Like I said, the answer was there. You just missed it. So yes, I did waste my time heh.

clevergirl
07-22-2018, 05:17 PM
That's not veganism that's just Buddist new-age hippy bullshit. BIG difference.

I'm more into old school hinduism, check out this goddess

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chhinnamasta

https://i.imgur.com/OjNH8mD.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eDPfPaw.jpg

She's even wielding thos kunark blades that are so awesome, balanced shan-tok or something.

get fukked, jesus learned his powerz from these ppl ;)

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 05:19 PM
I'm more into old school hinduism, check out this goddess

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chhinnamasta

https://i.imgur.com/OjNH8mD.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eDPfPaw.jpg

She's even wielding thos kunark blades that are so awesome, balanced shan-tok or something.

get fukked, jesus learned his powerz from these ppl ;)

Those are clearly chop sticks and a wavecrasher.

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 05:26 PM
http://www.madehow.com/Volume-3/Aspartame.html

Ah this link is what you're talking about, the one AFTER you asked me if I read it, not the creepy astronaut link you posted b4 which DEFINITELY doesn't say anything about the production process. Yep there it is.

Sonderbeast
07-22-2018, 05:26 PM
triple post because mad

Sonderbeast
07-25-2018, 11:14 PM
I made a Vegan shepherds pie today, was really good I'm proud of myself.

Wonkie
07-25-2018, 11:30 PM

that sounds awful

posted from bacon

Mead
07-25-2018, 11:36 PM

I hope you did some research before you went full vegan. Make sure you're getting all of the nutrients you could be lacking through vegan diet either from foods or supplementation.

chadtwoke
07-26-2018, 12:00 AM
Posting in a soy boy thread.

Sonderbeast
07-26-2018, 12:06 AM
I hope you did some research before you went full vegan. Make sure you're getting all of the nutrients you could be lacking through vegan diet either from foods or supplementation.

I supplement my lack of cow nipple fluid juice with almond malk and avocados.

Cecily
07-26-2018, 12:13 AM
Seriously though. You understand complementary proteins and the food combos to get all the amino acids, right?

skarlorn
07-26-2018, 12:14 AM
veganism is unecessary sorry mate

definitely not Draconite
07-26-2018, 12:25 AM
There is no significant difference between someone who eats meat and doesn't care about their nutrition and someone who doesn't eat meat and doesn't care about their nutrition. I'm fat and unhealthy and I love animals!

Cecily
07-26-2018, 12:29 AM
It just seems a waste of perfectly good omnivorous teeth.

definitely not Draconite
07-26-2018, 12:36 AM
Don't really need em anymore. Closest thing to hunting I do is tracking down my favorite beer.

Cecily
07-26-2018, 12:52 AM
There is no significant difference between someone who eats meat and doesn't care about their nutrition and someone who doesn't eat meat and doesn't care about their nutrition. I'm fat and unhealthy and I love animals!

That depends. Meat has all your essential amino acids. Not-meat generally don’t. That means carnivores can pay less attention to what they eat whereas you deviants need to eat certain types of not-meat together. Ex: beans and rice form a complete protein together.

definitely not Draconite
07-26-2018, 01:16 AM
That depends. Meat has all your essential amino acids. Not-meat generally don’t. That means carnivores can pay less attention to what they eat whereas you deviants need to eat certain types of not-meat together. Ex: beans and rice form a complete protein together.

Can get all of your essential amino acids by eating quinoa, soy, nuts and beans. Mash em together fry it and call it a fake chicken nugget and you're a social pariah.

skarlorn
07-26-2018, 01:34 AM
jesus dude

join the gains thread. you can cut in there.

clevergirl
07-26-2018, 02:07 AM
Can get all of your essential amino acids by eating quinoa, soy, nuts and beans. Mash em together fry it and call it a fake chicken nugget and you're a social pariah.

This sounds genuinly delicious, we should dinner date.

definitely not Draconite
07-26-2018, 02:10 AM
jesus dude

join the gains thread. you can cut in there.

I'm massive

This sounds genuinly delicious, we should dinner date.

I'm massive

clevergirl
07-26-2018, 02:13 AM
I'm massive

I'm massive

Your avatar is so f'k'n hawt.

definitely not Draconite
07-26-2018, 02:24 AM
Oh Lord keep me chaste

clevergirl
07-26-2018, 03:08 AM
Oh Lord keep me chaste

Will this work? I don't know... (I kind of feel this is very borderline NSFW) it's anime tho.

https://i.imgur.com/PdGUOzW.gif

maskedmelonpai
07-26-2018, 08:35 AM
unfortunately, bovine lactations gimme headaches and subtle nausea, so i ain't able to enjoy it no more :c i still eat aminals though and enjoy them though it seem as i get older, i am less tolerant of beef and don't liek pork much aside from bacon because ((umami)). love me some sea creatures though :3