PDA

View Full Version : A Wiki Mystery (No, Not the Fun Kraddock Kind)

loramin
07-20-2018, 04:49 PM
So I was hanging out the NG camp in Seb today, and while I was there I traded buffs and heals with a few people that happened by. None of them were Shaman though.

Now here's the mystery part: at some point I noticed that I had the Primal Essence (http://wiki.project1999.com/Primal_Essence) buff. The reason that's a mystery (to me at least) is that according to the wiki Primal Essence is a Luclin-era spell, and the only way to get it on P99 is by proccing a Hammer of the Dragonborn (http://wiki.project1999.com/Hammer_of_the_Dragonborn) ... which is a Shaman-only weapon from VP that I don't have.

So, can anyone solve this (lame) mystery and explain to me how I got Primal Essence?

P.S. Oh, and thanks to the mysterious stranger who buffed me: sorry I wasn't observant enough to notice when you did it.

Baylan295
07-20-2018, 04:52 PM
It is a click, not a proc. Someone probably clicked it for ya.

Rygar
07-20-2018, 04:56 PM
Option 4: Perhaps wiki is wrong (or P99 behavior) and you do not need to equip it to cast and some non-shaman casted from inventory? Could see that being a thing if it was going to rot anyways, someone tried it out and never reported it.

loramin
07-20-2018, 04:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/To5Fm57.jpg?fb

Mystery solved: I need to learn to read (or maybe the wiki needs to make it clearer whether an effect is a proc or a click ...)

Either way, thanks Baylan295 and Rygar. And yeah Rygar I think a Shaman must have done it when I wasn't looking, because I don't remember seeing any Shaman.

Nexii
07-20-2018, 05:17 PM
Says "must equip, casting time 8.0". That means clicky.

clevergirl
07-20-2018, 05:29 PM
Max Mana > Mana Regen > AC > HP Regen > Max HP

Max HP is the worst stat in this game. 200 HP ain't going to do nothing vs a 100 hp hitter.

arsenalpow
07-20-2018, 05:33 PM
You can cast it on people. It’s a neat toy.

loramin
07-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Says "must equip, casting time 8.0". That means clicky.

Yeah I know, I'm dumb. But still it would be nice if the wiki literally said "Right-click" or "Proc" somewhere, because when the casting time is 0 it can be hard to tell. Unfortunately it seems to be custom text on each item, so I can't just fix it in one place. Maybe I will in a future wiki project ...

You can cast it on people. It’s a neat toy.

I now have two reasons to go to VP :D Before I thought the snare spear was the only good Shaman item there.

Triiz
07-20-2018, 06:08 PM
Yeah I know, I'm dumb. But still it would be nice if the wiki literally said "Right-click" or "Proc" somewhere, because when the casting time is 0 it can be hard to tell. Unfortunately it seems to be custom text on each item, so I can't just fix it in one place. Maybe I will in a future wiki project ...

When it's a proc it almost always says "Combat, casting time: instant". I can't think of anything I've seen that was a proc that didn't say that.

loramin
07-20-2018, 06:14 PM
When it's a proc it almost always says "Combat, casting time: instant". I can't think of anything I've seen that was a proc that didn't say that.

Right, there is a formula to it. But if you don't already know that formula from having looked at lots of wiki pages in the past, there's nothing obvious there that says "this is a proc" or "this is an instant-cast right click". You have to go look at a proccing weapon and at a right-click weapon to see the verbiage each one uses.

I'm not saying this is a huge deal, I'm just saying that it'd be nice if a complete wiki n00b (or a stupid wiki master like myself) could look at an item page and be able to tell whether its effect is a proc or a click as easily as they can tell how much of a bonus to strength the item gives.

arsenalpow
07-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Silverwing really likes dropping useless crap weapons instead of the hammer.

Zekayy
07-20-2018, 06:52 PM
Silverwing really likes dropping useless crap weapons instead of the hammer.

Very true I spent 8 hours one day tracking 16 hours the next day tracking him and still nothing then tracked him again for another 8 hours. was gonna give up but he finally dropped it when I wasnt tracking him.

I do love this so much

https://imgur.com/a/jJSZVGl

+1 to Loramin for being a barb shaman number 1 shaman

skarlorn
07-20-2018, 07:33 PM
the hammer is a curse to any shaman who wields it

Exuo
07-20-2018, 09:51 PM
You're welcome for the PE buff today! /wave <Thurnos> :)

Swish2
07-20-2018, 11:38 PM
Yes I agree.

Baler
07-21-2018, 01:43 PM
@Loramin
The wiki is wrong. It's a Velious Era Spell. The reason the page generation lists it as a luclin era spell is because in luclin the spell was able to be memorized by shaman and cast from their spellbook. So when the page generator goes and looks up the spell it find that one, Which is now the only entry because it was the same effect as it was in velious.
If you look at the history of the page you'll see it use to be listed as a level 52 spell. Which proves what I said is true.

Also there may not have been an entry for the spell on Zam prior to 2002, which just means it wasn't documented back then. Not that it didn't exist or isn't a Velious Era Spell and just got added later via lucy.